• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

can I safely say Sabi is a leech now?
I’d say to do so at least for Paragon.

Paragon is legit someone too good for this world that has done quite a lot of unexpected great stuff for me in the past months.

He deserves a lot of the support on the world for this regard.

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
God I'm glad we can finally say 4chan was right about Sabi all along. Say what you want about them, but they can smell stuff from a mile away.

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
What I'm about to do is write the most important post in my 15 years here and, no, it's not the Big Ass Geno post. I want to come clean and this has been weighing heavily on me for awhile. Some of you already know where I'm going with this but it needs to be said. A lot of people have been hurt in the last year and, after asking many of those people that have been hurt the most for permission, we decided to take the following action. It's merciful but a lot more than I originally. Several people talked me down from sharing the whole report that I mention in the following screenshots because, again, we're giving mercy a go, even if it's begrudgingly. So, again, I'm sorry for what has transpired in the past year.

View attachment 251254
View attachment 251255
View attachment 251256
View attachment 251257
View attachment 251258View attachment 251259View attachment 251260View attachment 251262View attachment 251263
Wow... This is...wow.

Thanks for sharing this, Fatman... This was very brave and noble of you.

D

Deleted member

I’m not exaggerating about Paragon being a person with a huge heart.

I still remember when my birthday was close and it seemed I would be getting nothing from my family between my aunt and my father being quite strict about standing against my friends not giving me gifts... when Paragon came out and straight on said “If they won’t give you anything, then I will. Everyone deserves something on their birthday”.

Minutes later, he asked me for a Switch game I really wanted. I said Mario Tennis Aces, and then later gave me a download code for the whole game.

I don’t want a man who has really gone that far to help me keep going getting hurt both mentally or physical over all of this.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I’d say to do so at least for Paragon.

Paragon is legit someone too good for this world that has done quite a lot of unexpected great stuff for me in the past months.

He deserves a lot of the support on the world for this regard.
I just feel Sabi should get their just desserts

sorry I dont know who that is, I dont follow insiders if that who Paragon is,

D

Deleted member

I just feel Sabi should get their just desserts

sorry I dont know who that is, I dont follow insiders if that who Paragon is,
Paragon isn’t an insider.

He is a mod of Papagenos’ server... and someone who I find too good for this world.

D

Deleted member

Paragon:
>> Wishing for a positive outcome for all parties isn't unreasonable for me.
>> Communities are stronger than one person.

I don't see a positive outcome coming into fruition when a large majority of that community are idolizing an egomaniac that's in way over his head and putting him on prophet status. Leaking's all about that street cred, amirite?

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
So I’m kind of remembering that there was some fallout and a lot of Sabi’s mods left his discord a couple of weeks ago.

And then after that there was this guy saying that Sabi blackmailed somebody and one of Sabi’s groupies on Twitter was whining about cancel culture or something.

I wonder if those things are related. :v

D

Deleted member

So I’m kind of remembering that there was some fallout and a lot of Sabi’s mods left his discord a couple of weeks ago.

And then after that there was this guy saying that Sabi blackmailed somebody and one of Sabi’s groupies on Twitter was whining about cancel culture or something.

I wonder if those things are related. :v
Yeah, I also left the server because things were getting seriously heated over there.

D

Deleted member

What I'm about to do is write the most important post in my 15 years here and, no, it's not the Big Ass Geno post. I want to come clean and this has been weighing heavily on me for awhile. Some of you already know where I'm going with this but it needs to be said. A lot of people have been hurt in the last year and, after asking many of those people that have been hurt the most for permission, we decided to take the following action. It's merciful but a lot more than I originally. Several people talked me down from sharing the whole report that I mention in the following screenshots because, again, we're giving mercy a go, even if it's begrudgingly. So, again, I'm sorry for what has transpired in the past year.

View attachment 251254
View attachment 251255
View attachment 251256
View attachment 251257
View attachment 251258View attachment 251259View attachment 251260View attachment 251262View attachment 251263
So at the very least from what I can gather from this Sabi is leaving the Smash Scene altogether after the game awards? If so then good. They're full of **** and I had a hunch about that for awhile now plus them saying what they said to Memoryman (still hate that guy but he shouldn't be bullied like that, Nobody should) was super twisted. I'm glad they're leaving if they do so.

Hopefully we can get a better leaker who isn't so wishy-washy and a full on egomaniac eventually more like base game Verge to the post-game Sabi. But yeah Sabi is totally awful and thank you for sharing the info.

D

Deleted member

At this point, I don’t care about what the Newcomer thread may be saying of this place.

I want justice for Paragon.

I want justice to one of the persons I still feel great with from those Discord servers.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

View attachment 251254
View attachment 251255
View attachment 251256
View attachment 251257
Seriously, thank you for coming out to tell us this. we really appreciate you man
PicsArt_12-08-05.23.58.jpg

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Yeah I think I'm gonna head out before things explode. I really don't feel comfortable here as is. You guys have fun.

IMG_20191208_113513.jpg

If you need me. Just send me a PM. I think I will he finding other support threads to hang out in for awhile.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord

View attachment 251254
View attachment 251255
View attachment 251256
View attachment 251257
I’ve grown a lot more respect for you Fatman, and I hope you and Paragon can get out of this mess.
I’ve lost a lot of respect for Sabi, to say the very least.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice you are a great person, sir. This took a lot of courage to do and you can bet when it's all said and done, we got you.

That being said, I was wondering when this was going to get out. I remember joining the Sabi discord long ago (not private) and I wasn't there too long. There was a certain air about it that just did not sit right with me.

Can I just say...Their first avatar here was Magalor....how did we not see this coming hahaha.

Latyon

Smash Cadet
What is happening? I'm seeing a ton of egotism and arrogance and holier-than-thou-ness here. Something happened with Sabi?

Plank08

Smash Lord
Yeah I think I'm gonna head out before things explode. I really don't feel comfortable here as is. You guys have fun.

View attachment 251269

If you need me. Just send me a PM. I think I will he finding other support threads to hang out in for awhile.
Might I suggest the Newcomer discussion thread? It’s where I and Ovaltine and a bunch of other people go to hang out, and it could use more memes.

D

Deleted member

There’s no better song to describe my feelings right now more than this one:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Might I suggest the Newcomer discussion thread? It’s where I and Ovaltine and a bunch of other people go to hang out, and it could use more memes.
I'll give it a shot. I just tend to focus on one major thread at a time because the notification system here is outright terrible and stops telling me people post if I don't check it for a few hours lmao

I might just make my homes Newcomer Discussion and the Phoenix Wright support thread.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
....uhhh...so....what just happened? So confused atm....

Sabi is actually a guy? And now I’m assuming he/she/it did in fact cause some folks to lose their jobs?

I literally have no idea all that has transpired in the background between when Fatman first confirmed sabi had a true inside source months and months ago and now, all I knew was that supposedly sabi was legit....

So just wtf just happened? Or was sabi actually just like so many other “leakers” and got lucky with some guesses?

I’m so confused...

EDIT: if someone would rather pm me the details rather than here that’s fine, or if you’d rather not say anything else that’s also fine...

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

View attachment 251254
View attachment 251255
View attachment 251256
View attachment 251257
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I always felt like you got a bad rap from everyone else. You're a good dude

Plank08

Smash Lord
....uhhh...so....what just happened? So confused atm....

Sabi is actually a guy? And now I’m assuming he/she/it did in fact cause some folks to lose their jobs?

I literally have no idea all that has transpired in the background between when Fatman first confirmed sabi had a true inside source months and months ago and now, all I knew was that supposedly sabi was legit....

So just wtf just happened? Or was sabi actually just like so many other “leakers” and got lucky with some guesses?

I’m so confused...
Something something Sabis a terrible person and leaving the community after the game awards

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I'm having a hard time understanding what the pictures mean. What exactly happened?

Plank just beat me to it, nm

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
This whole situation is sad. We just want to get together to share in our love for Geno and hope that he has a chance to come post-pass as DLC.

I don't want us to constantly be downwind from all this leaker stuff and be constantly thrust into the limelight in a negative way just to consistently take the brunt of negativity and make people not want Geno because they start to equate him and his fans with other, more toxic aspects of the Smash community as a whole.

Geno's a cool star dude who holds a lot of nostalgia for a bunch of people, and who Sakurai has expressed wanting in for 3 games straight now. In my experience, I've never interacted with a Geno fan who was crazed or toxic, but I've seen a lot of people enter this thread and claim the entire community of Geno supporters - in the Geno Support Thread - to be toxic as a whole, on the basis of a few bad apples who I personally have not seen to exist during my time here on the site and supporting Geno through both SM4SH and now Ultimate. That doesn't mean they don't exist, because tbh they will always exist somewhere. But my point is that all the regulars here, Fatman included, are honestly all pretty chill and realistic about Geno's chances - and there's a reason why there's hope now where there wasn't before.

Stay classy everybody, don't let things like the Sabi drama get us down. No matter what happens or what people may say or do, the fact of the matter is that we're all here to support Geno, and our love and support for Geno doesn't and shouldn't change based on other people, because they'll come and go and eventually, when Geno gets in by the end of this DLC cycle - and I am confident in that based on a number of factors that have been reiterated numerous times over the course of this thread's existence and over the Ultimate DLC lifecycle up to now - this will be nothing more than a bumpy road footnote in the history of showing our support for Geno to will him into Smash just like we as fans did for Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo this cycle, Mega Man last cycle, and Sonic, Wario and Diddy during the time of Brawl, amongst many others.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
So what exactly just happened? I was hearing something about sabi being "exposed" but all I see is screenshots of fatman venting to paragon. I mean I can't say I'm surprised it's a pretty well known secret the leakers do really ****ty things to the people around them in private and I've been taking shots at sabi's attitude with others here for a while know. That said I'm with paragon on that we shouldn't open up a massive public ****storm when were really close to just letting everything work itself out without anyone getting their identity revealed or worse. Vengeance isn't going to solve anything but extend the conflict and cause bigger problems. If there is a way to talk about the fine details of it in private for those who care enough to see it while guaranteeing it won't go public(I won't deny I'm intrigued myself) and we can all come to the understanding that we're done with these people then I think there really isn't more to be done.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice good on you for wanting to bring this stuff to light but frankly if the whole story gets posted to a public area I think the potential repercussions aren't going to be worth it.

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I'm honestly sorry for anything bad that has happened. this is one of the kindest internet communities I have seen. Y'all don't deserve this.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
mfw you just want to know if Geno could show up in Smash Bros but you have to go thru so much drama and negativity just to get there.

sponge.gif

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So what exactly just happened? I was hearing something about sabi being "exposed" but all I see is screenshots of fatman venting to paragon. I mean I can't say I'm surprised it's a pretty well known secret the leakers do really ****ty things to the people around them in private and I've been taking shots at sabi's attitude with others here for a while know. That said I'm with paragon on that we shouldn't open up a massive public ****storm when were really close to just letting everything work itself out without anyone getting their identity revealed or worse. Vengeance isn't going to solve anything but extend the conflict and cause bigger problems. If there is a way to talk about the fine details of it in private for those who care enough to see it while guaranteeing it won't go public and we can all come to the understanding that we're done with these people then I think there really isn't more to be done. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice good on you for wanting to bring this stuff to light but frankly if the whole story gets posted to a public area I think the potential repercussions aren't going to be worth it.
It hasn't happened yet, it's about to

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Not sure what to make of the current situation with Sabi just yet, but if it's true that she plans to stop playing insider after The Game Awards, I can't say that I'd miss her.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i mean this is what happens when someones ego drives them after they get influence they cant handle. this kind of comeuppance isnt surprising and can hopefully act as a launching pad to quash the drama

respect, fatman. ive been in situations where you think that you want some kind of information. but then when you get there, you find out some **** that you didnt want to kno about and its hard to keep quiet cuz you see the underbelly. thats the nature of secrets unfortunately

im hoping we reach a point where theres no drama, no ones getting thrown under the bus, ppl arent rallying to raid the thread to defame someone, etc. all of this nonsense over wanting a throwback character in a childrens fighting game, yeesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom