• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griselda

Smash Lord
..Wait, wait, I changed my answer-

Limbo. Between Heaven and Hell. ..Or wait, was that Purgatory?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ladies and gentlemen (and our other friends), I'd like to propose a virtual toast. For starters,a toast to all of you. Some of you come here on a daily basis and, as such, we've literally been part of each others' daily lives. Family is perhaps too strong a word but I like calling you all comrades (and people call us a cult anyways). We're united in our various passions. Passion for gaming. Passion for community. Passion for mystery and intrigue. Passion for expanding our worlds if only through a message board dedicated to cartoons beating each other up.

To all of you, here's to speculation. Here's to the long road of victory and defeat, questions never answered and answers never questioned. Here's to the joys and frustrations. Here's to being hilariously wrong and wonderfully right. Here's to sprawling theories and the ideas we bounce off each other daily. Here's to brilliant ephipanies and agonizing dead ends. Here's to the past year and the one that's coming. Here's to all of you and, by God, I hope you all stick around until the end no matter the outcome. Here's to this wonderful mess we call Smash Bros and this glorious dump we call Smashboards. Here's to Geno, arguably why we're all here. Here's to Sakurai,for sharing his genius and madness with the world. Here's to the future untold and the epic story we have so far. To you, thank you, and let's hope that 2020 is the year we bring our boy home!

D

Deleted member

Ladies and gentlemen (and our other friends), I'd like to propose a virtual toast. For starters,a toast to all of you. Some of you come here on a daily basis and, as such, we've literally been part of each others' daily lives. Family is perhaps too strong a word but I like calling you all comrades (and people call us a cult anyways). We're united in our various passions. Passion for gaming. Passion for community. Passion for mystery and intrigue. Passion for expanding our worlds if only through a message board dedicated to cartoons beating each other up.

To all of you, here's to speculation. Here's to the long road of victory and defeat, questions never answered and answers never questioned. Here's to the joys and frustrations. Here's to being hilariously wrong and wonderfully right. Here's to sprawling theories and the ideas we bounce off each other daily. Here's to brilliant ephipanies and agonizing dead ends. Here's to the past year and the one that's coming. Here's to all of you and, by God, I hope you all stick around until the end no matter the outcome. Here's to this wonderful mess we call Smash Bros and this glorious dump we call Smashboards. Here's to Geno, arguably why we're all here. Here's to Sakurai,for sharing his genius and madness with the world. Here's to the future untold and the epic story we have so far. To you, thank you, and let's hope that 2020 is the year we bring our boy home!
Always welcomed Fatman!

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

Here here!

1575589961554.png

Rohanx17

Smash Lord

I'll drink to that, let's take the puppet all the way home y'all.

1575755138199.png

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
It's hard to believe but just played a match between Banjo & Kazooie, Incineroar, King K. Rool, Terry Bogard, The Hero, Richter Belmont, Isabelle and Ridley with Megalovania in the background.

Try telling someone that in 2014.
That person would probably ask "Who the heck is Incineroar and what the hell is Megalovania!?"

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
So wait, were all those weeks of character deconfirmation... wrong?
I mean, it's not bad to be wrong, but it is pretty great news for fighter 5, since they can now be whoever, and it'll come across as more of a surprise!

pinshadow

Smash Lord

Great post Fatman. If you don't mind me asking, do you still plan on having the big Geno post done before the VGA's? With all the stuff that's been going down in the last couple days I could understand if you might want to take a step back and rethink some stuff.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice what are your current thoughts on that mech toy Sakurai was using obviously for Ultimate? Do you think the character associated with the mech toy would have to be in the project plan for Ultimate thus: having to be FP5 since that was originally the last character planned for the game?

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

Such an elegant couple of paragraphs. Thank you for your staying along us for the ride through thick and thin, and most importantly, thank you for the toast, Fatman!

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
So wait, were all those weeks of character deconfirmation... wrong?
I mean, it's not bad to be wrong, but it is pretty great news for fighter 5, since they can now be whoever, and it'll come across as more of a surprise!
Not proven yet but some people myself included are becoming suspicious that Nintendo has been feeding them bad info. There was a screenshot of a discord theory that argued why that might be the case but you'd need to go back a few pages to find it now.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

You can count me in captain! i'm not going anywhere

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

If I may get a bit Wishiwashi for a sec here, I really appreciate you guys a lot. I’ve been going through a breakup with the girl I’ve been with for 6 years and I made this account partially to help me escape from that, and I feel like I’ve found true friends here. All the ups and downs and speculations and memes have brought honest smiles to my face every day, and for that I just wanna say thank you. I know I haven’t been on here as long as most but I do honestly think of y’all as my friends. Here’s to all you crazy ****ers on here who’ve been riding out this wild ride together. And here’s to keeping on that ride into 2020.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
There was a problem fetching the tweet

If hypothetically Nintendo is sending out a big procession of fake leaks to bait big notorious insiders like Sabi and Verge into discussing them thereby messing with their own credibility then this is 100 percent the outcome that they wanted. Sabi’s legitimacy is questioned to the point that they lose followers or take a break and therefore aren’t a concern to Nintendo anymore.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Here here!
1574698944556.gif

Also, are you finished with those Geno posts?
AreYouFinishedWithThoseErrands.png

Dono is Geno's bootleg brother
No, that's Greeno.
Greeno.png

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice what are your current thoughts on that mech toy Sakurai was using obviously for Ultimate? Do you think the character associated with the mech toy would have to be in the project plan for Ultimate thus: having to be FP5 since that was originally the last character planned for the game?
Keep in mind he specifically bought it for the rifle, it could have been used for a number of different things. The Staff item, maybe the Blunderbuss, a scrapped Inkling Charger move, who knows. He bought it around late 2016 anyway so it's not like DLC had been planned at all by that point.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Keep in mind he specifically bought it for the rifle, it could have been used for a number of different things. The Staff item, maybe the Blunderbuss, a scrapped Inkling Charger move, who knows. He bought it around late 2016 anyway so it's not like DLC had been planned at all by that point.

Maybe. But I also think it could have been used for Geno or Elma honestly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If hypothetically Nintendo is sending out a big procession of fake leaks to bait big notorious insiders like Sabi and Verge into discussing them thereby messing with their own credibility then this is 100 percent the outcome that they wanted. Sabi’s legitimacy is questioned to the point that they lose followers or take a break and therefore aren’t a concern to Nintendo anymore.
Yeah, now I’m leaning towards Sabi and Vergeben being baited big time. Doomguy, Crash, Dante, Hayabusa, and etc are back in the running for FP5.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I've always felt that, even way back with Joker, that if Geno were to be Fighter 5; they would narratively frame it as if all of the DLC, all of the fan requests like Ridley, Rool, and Simon, that all of that were him up on Star Road granting everyone's wishes.

But there is still one wish left to fulfill

the_window_of_wishes_by_arczero_d1eu7ww-fullview.jpg

Grumbo

Smash Ace

A toast I’m more than glad to partake in. Thank all of you for the fun times and many more to come
98F1FB70-0A09-4779-9D9E-8BF74BF406BF.png

Genoom
Puppet Slayer
Heaven and Hell
Ooooh I like that last one (great album too)

BZocky

Smash Ace

There’s a hidden meaning to this tweet that I’m scared to say

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah the attention to detail with the fonts and layering is fantastic that was a top tier meme easy. Only critiques are sora not actually being deconfirmed yet (a fantastic spot to put the missing ryu who was deconfirmed first with crash). As well as using the inferior term.

Last edited:

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Guess what, if you choose not to believe that all these characters are deconfirmed then you're back to square one of "Guess Who." You put everything back on the table and you just expand your scoop. You just want the scoop to be bigger so you can believe that some of those deconfirmed characters still have a shot despite the fact that they still might never to Smash Bros.
Whatever man, you can keep putting words in my mouth. But that’s not why I’m irritated. I’m not desperately clawing onto some vague hope that some of these “deconfirmed” characters are gonna be in the game, I just don’t enjoy being strung along with all of these shenanigans.

I can choose to believe or not believe whatever the hell I want. It’s a game, who cares if I’m wrong.
EDIT: This reply was a bit crass and I apologize. Discussion gets a little heated and I get carried away sometimes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom