• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Really? Like what? (If you don't mind me asking)
Papageno was looking into a leak that may have been to Waluigis benifit(Possibility of the red shell hat coming back through DLC), but we don't know how that panned out, especially after Verge dropped the deconfirm bomb.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Papageno was looking into a leak that may have been to Waluigis benifit(Possibility of the red shell hat coming back through DLC), but we don't know how that panned out, especially after Verge dropped the deconfirm bomb.
Hmm... well, regardless whether or not that leak is true or Waluigi is Fighter #5 or not, I legitimately think he has a good chance to be post-pass DLC for the multitude of reasons I've said before!

Thanks for updating me!

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Jon not having insider info is the point.

He literally doesn't know anything and yet leakers have been using his words to bolster their claims and dragging him into their BS anyway. People are "siding" with him because they feel like they're being strung along by leakers and because Jon is clearly justifiably annoyed.
They only use Jon's comment for that one Direct early in the year and for the VGAs not having a Smash announcement. But him going on saying that he doesn't believe all the deconfirmations doesn't mean anything. You can complain about the method Verge and Sabi are doing, but if they have the right information then it matter if you think they know nothing.

I’m taking Jon’s side because I’m tired of playing “Guess Who?”. The novelty has worn off, this deconfirmation game is stupid and is starting to seem less and less plausible.

If they’re able to deconfirm so many companies than they would have to know who the character is at this point, I don’t know why they wouldn’t just come out and say who it is unless they’re just trying to garner attention.
Guess what, if you choose not to believe that all these characters are deconfirmed then you're back to square one of "Guess Who." You put everything back on the table and you just expand your scoop. You just want the scoop to be bigger so you can believe that some of those deconfirmed characters still have a shot despite the fact that they still might never to Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78218788/931223389 Adding on to what everyone's said if we're using what this list Vergeben gave. At the very bottom he lists Assist trophies and spirits so basically an assist trophy like Ashley or a spirit like Bandana Dee would not be upgraded to being playable. Thus they would stay as assist trophies and spirits resepectively. Note I'm using this as an example not saying they won't ever get in. Which I hope they do someday esspescially Bandana Dee love that little guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Right, right. I misunderstood while reading his post from before. He slightly changed his wording towards the bottom for some reason, and I then, for some reason, thought those were things still in the running.

D

Deleted member

I feel it is important to remember something:

All of these deconfirmations for the most part are just for Fighter 5.

It seems a few number of people are treating this whole thing as something that will affect all future DLC, when in reality most of the companies deconfirmed for Fighter 5 will likely come back to the table for Post-pass DLC.

So in general, I would suggest to not give up support on characters from deconfirmed companies since they will be back to the table for the rest of DLC.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
My point is doomguy checks all the red flags for a character not being smash material. The fact that the insiders had heard 0 info about him as a possibility to this day just adds to that. Cacomallow is the only reason I ever entertained the idea to begin with and since it has been shown to be "possible" someone could have made it I'm just going to keep my chips in my pile and wait to see what Geoff has to show us. That said a deconfirmed character is starting to feel more likely so he's certainly on my mind untill the leak is proven false.
Keep in mind that no one knew Joker and very little was heard of Terry. It could very easily blindside the insiders
Okay how many people believe the character won't be a person that was debunked and how many people think it will be someone from the list anyways?
I think Im firmly in the Doomguy camp now

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
So is there like a meme crew in here now? Hopefully I didn't miss any spicy ones.

Can someone make one of me returning after being gone for a bit... and returning to find, well, all of this?

Last edited:

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
doomguy and geno are all I can think about

but they haven't mentioned characters like cooking mama and shantae yet, which id love to see in the game. what do you guys think?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
So is there like a meme crew in here now? Hopefully I didn't miss any spicy ones.

Can someone make one of me returning after being gone for a bit... and returning to find, well, all of this?
Heck I think it might be time for me to retire. People have picked up my job haha.

Most of you have drained my ideas.

D

Deleted member

Right, right. I misunderstood while reading his post from before. He slightly changed his wording towards the bottom for some reason, and I then, for some reason, thought those were things still in the running.
Hope that clears everything up bud I know it's crazy to get a hang of all this stuff. But hopefully everything's all clear now.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Yes, memes have flooded this land since you were last here. It has been great.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
doomguy and geno are all I can think about

but they haven't mentioned characters like cooking mama and shantae yet, which id love to see in the game. what do you guys think?
Cooking Mama would be neat but theres not much going for her (or against) right now. I think Shantae is out for #5 like Geno but has a good chance after the pass

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Here, in the midst of all this drama, enjoy this little edit I made

There was a problem fetching the tweet

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
Cooking Mama would be neat but theres not much going for her (or against) right now. I think Shantae is out for #5 like Geno but has a good chance after the pass
I can agree on that , but if cooking mama got in, what do you think her moveset would be?

D

Deleted member

Can someone make one of me returning after being gone for a bit... and returning to find well, all of this?
Yeah it's crazy in here with them memes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Keep in mind that no one knew Joker and very little was heard of Terry. It could very easily blindside the insiders
That's not the point you could throw all of that out and he's still a literal who to japan and is completely immersed in their most hated M rated subject matter. Like AT promotions until I see it happen I'm not going to see anything that falls into that category as on the table without something major to back it up.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

Well, not sure if this is good enough, but here ya go:

adambel entering thread.png

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
Saber is from a multi-billion dollar franchise and the most tweeted about game in 2018 worldwide. Someone like her would absolutely be celebrated even if there'd be A LOT of people angry as well.
Yeah, if you ignore Fate/Grand Order does scummy things like promotional campaigns such as "we'll give you some pieces of rare crafting materials if we reach a gorillion retweets. We are totally not encouraging you to make anything illegal, but make sure we hit that number or you get nothing! :)".

And no, I'm not ****ting on Fate specifically. All gacha games deal in half-truths like these to make themselves look a lot bigger than they really are. The most known are probably the million accounts celebration milestones, of which 90% are nothing but reroll accounts.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
People will crucified me for this, but I'm thinking FP5 is a Nintendo rep. Basically because of all the major company deconfirms from Sabi and Verge and GameXplain's recent video on FP5 saying not necessarily has to be a 3rd party character and speaking about Spirit promotions and Nintendo characters in general in the same video.
god i wish.

Griselda

Smash Lord
..I understand a full platforming game like Subspace might've been too much to add to the workload, but I think that having themed areas leading up to the bosses in WoL at least would've been nice.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
Look at what happened...

That does it I’m going back to start

I think it’s either geno or doomguy at VGA reveal
lets disguss positives about both characters :D

doomguy:
cool af
has big uh...butt gun
shooter game rep
has pet named daisy
other than joker he would be the only original gun weilder
pretty quick in his games
awesome story :D

geno:
possesed puppet who is a guardian of wishes
has a array of attacks at his arsonal
is a range attacker, need more of those
he can turn into a canon.
he would be the representative of Mario rpgs
interesting story
possible lore having to do with Mario galaxy? ( e and my friends are making a theory on this)

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Actual question, didnt Saber originate from a uhhh
pr0n game?
like with Sakurai’s comments about Mai I just can’t see her getting in at all

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Actual question, didnt Saber originate from a uhhh
pr0n game?
like with Sakurai’s comments about Mai I just can’t see her getting in at all
The Fate series has changed quite a lot since then doh.

As far as I remember, I think they kinda retconned parts of those original games in recent media or made them less 18+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom