• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! been a while huh. Whats new on the speculation scene? ive been away from the drama of it all for a while so can someone fill me in? I know about the costume stuff but anything new and spicy?

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Hey guys! been a while huh. Whats new on the speculation scene? ive been away from the drama of it all for a while so can someone fill me in? I know about the costume stuff but anything new and spicy?
Nothing as far as Geno is concerned. Just a bunch of leaker drama. Apparently Sabi heard Geno isnt FP5 along with numerous other characters but with all the leaker drama going on (like I said, leakers are attacking other leakers) it's hard to know what to believe at this point.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
Nothing as far as Geno is concerned. Just a bunch of leaker drama. Apparently Sabi heard Geno isnt FP5 along with numerous other characters but with all the leaker drama going on (like I said, leakers are attacking other leakers) it's hard to know what to believe at this point.
ay thanks fam.
guess we'll have to be like marvel and "hawk eye" the game awards xDD

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Vergeben practically snapped every major company out of the running in a huge deconfirmation spree this morning, and it seems this was the final straw; now EVERYONE has knives out for Sabi and Verg, with Jon from GX calling them out, other YouTubers saying they're full of it, it's been a huge thing

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I am back, ladies and gentlemen! Did anyone miss me? Well I've missed you. I hope the speculation scene hasn't gotten too out of contr-

*sees Vergeben's post

Oh... oh dear lord.

Last edited:

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
Vergeben practically snapped every major company out of the running in a huge deconfirmation spree this morning, and it seems this was the final straw; now EVERYONE has knives out for Sabi and Verg, with Jon from GX calling them out, other YouTubers saying they're full of it, it's been a huge thing

hoooly mooooolly...
im getting really nervous about th game awards now LOL

D

Deleted member

Remember how almost everyone had it for insiders during the Grinch Hoax and they turned out to be right despite all that?

Is there any insider going against Sabi and Verge's statements? (ignoring Jon, who as far as im concerned is not) because if not...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Remember how almost everyone had it for insiders during the Grinch Hoax and they turned out to be right despite all that?

Is there any insider going against Sabi and Verge's statements? (ignoring Jon, who as far as im concerned is not) because if not...
Real or fake, I don't think that is what is causing all this anger. People are just tired of this game of deconfirming characters and companies. People want a strait answer.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Quick aside, I actually quite like the idea people were throwing earlier in the thread that Doomguy and Geno or at least the former are going to be shown at the GAs and all the deconfirmations from Sabi and Vergeben are Nintendo giving misinformation to their sources as a way to cover up the Cacomallow leak. Much as I want to see Waluigi at the event, that theory does make enough sense at face value and if it weren't for the deconfirmations, I'd say Doomguy was the most likely character anyway.

D

Deleted member

Every proclaimed deconfirm character right now:

I think FP5 is just Terry again and the presentation or Direct will be Sakurai talking about SNK for 2 hours instead of just 40 minutes this time lol!
it all makes sense now:
GAROU TERRY

MARKS HIS TERRYTORY

D

Deleted member

Yes, Nintendo played 4D Chess with the Grinch Leak according to the NoA source. Currently having my birthday lunch with my parents but I'll dig up my old post about it later.
Hopefully the lunch is going well!

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

Well that’s the thing, the people who backed the insiders then like Jon and SourceGaming peeps are the people calling them out now

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Yes, Nintendo played 4D Chess with the Grinch Leak according to the NoA source. Currently having my birthday lunch with my parents but I'll dig up my old post about it later.
Enjoy your birthday lunch man. Much more worth it at this point than investing in this leaker drama.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
What would I be if I didn't pop in here to give my opinions!

So, based off of Vergeben's statements... I'm... very conflicted.

...um, anyone else think maybe Waluigi? I have always legitimately thought Waluigi would make a perfect final character because of his sheer demand when he was an Assist Trophy (whether that was more meme or not is irrelevan, he was still requested so much that even Nintendo commented on it). However, I hesitated with Waluigi being Fighter #5 because I don't see how his Spirit Board or Stage would work. As someone who loves the Mario franchise... this honestly stumps me. A lot of small and big Mario characters are already Spirits, and the only real stage I see Waluigi having is Waluigi Pinball... but we already have a few Mario Kart tracks.

But... (and I am not trying to ruffle any feathers), but remember last week when Fatmanonice talked about him being talked about a lot behind the scenes, but no one has come forward about it due to the heated discussions around the guy? ...well, that could be the reason no one is saying anything. And now Vergeben discomforts ALL of these companies AND says a possible character could be a Spirit AND Assist Trophy promotion?!

...I know people think Waluigi can never make it into Smash, but, I don't know, this seems a little odd to me. I know people will disagree, but based on all of these factors, Waluigi could actually happen (I just don't know how the content coming with him would work).

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Quick aside, I actually quite like the idea people were throwing earlier in the thread that Doomguy and Geno or at least the former are going to be shown at the GAs and all the deconfirmations from Sabi and Vergeben are Nintendo giving misinformation to their sources as a way to cover up the Cacomallow leak. Much as I want to see Waluigi at the event, that theory does make enough sense at face value and if it weren't for the deconfirmations, I'd say Doomguy was the most likely character anyway.
I am kind of surprised that took off as it did lol. As I keep saying, at this point, I do not care who 5 is. But I will lose it if Doom Slayer is 5 and we were bamboozled.

pinshadow

Smash Lord

...um, anyone else think maybe Waluigi? I have always legitimately thought Waluigi would make a perfect final character because of his sheer demand when he was an Assist Trophy (whether that was more meme or not is irrelevan, he was still requested so much that even Nintendo commented on it). However, I hesitated with Waluigi being Fighter #5 because I don't see how his Spirit Board or Stage would work. As someone who loves the Mario franchise... this honestly stumps me. A lot of small and big Mario characters are already Spirits, and the only real stage I see Waluigi having is Waluigi Pinball... but we already have a few Mario Kart tracks.

But... (and I am not trying to ruffle any feathers), but remember last week when Fatmanonice talked about him being talked about a lot behind the scenes, but no one has come forward about it due to the heated discussions around the guy? ...well, that could be the reason no one is saying anything. And now Vergeben discomforts ALL of these companies AND says a possible character could be a Spirit AND Assist Trophy promotion?!

...I know people think Waluigi can never make it into Smash, but, I don't know, this seems a little odd to me. I know people will disagree, but based on all of these factors, Waluigi could actually happen (I just don't know how the content coming with him would work).
I mean if we are listening to Vergr he threw out it being a first party or an assist promotion today

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Sorry, I get a bit ranty in my posts at times :(

Basically, the fact that Verge is able to deconfirm entire companies like this without even being sure of a name is sketchy, to say the least.
This whole situation is a mess, and I feel that Jon and the others are in the right about this. They're just stringing us along at this point.

(I just wish he would stop posting otters sometimes when directs are close. I want to see some pure otter love, darn it!)
I mean think of it this way when we saw that list we all immediately went "well then who the **** can it be" so for Verge when his source gave him that list he probably had the exact same reaction. The source may be stringing everyone along but I don't think Sabi or Verge are being malicious, they just have the unpleasant job of being who we associate with this information.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
About your first point:
- The Smash team likely never cared about the whole music tracks being taken down, I don't know why it's used as a huge point FOR Geno's inclusion (Though it does support it slightly). They would NEVER hint at a character's presence by taking down a music track, and they probably didn't think it was going to be taken extremely seriously.

-Putting SMRPG references is not a definitive hint towards Geno in Smash. For example, Sakurai outright used the Camelot angle for official advertisement of Smash Ultimate; but Isaac didn't get added into the game as a fighter.

-Isaac was one of the most popular characters going into the Ultimate speculation cycle (even moreso then Geno); and all they did was reveal a Mii costume and AT in the very last Ultimate prerelease direct. If Nintendo did it once, it is possible for them to do it again.

-About your second point: Spirits were definitely used to add in series that Sakurai wanted to represent in some form, but just couldn't add as fighters at the time. I agree with you on that much.

-However, we aren't guaranteed 100% to see any spirits upgraded to fighters. Is it possible? Yes. Is it guaranteed? No.

Even then, Geno has decent competition in terms of spirits:
-Shantae
-Rayman

I think AT's have just as good of shot at being upgraded, which adds:
-Isaac
-Waluigi

And on top of that, that isn't considering other more recent (still requested characters):
-Akira Howard
-Byleth
-Rex and Pyra

And that isn't even counting most new potential 3rd party characters that could be represented.

So here are my thoughts on Geno's chances:
Chance of being upgraded? Likely (90%)
Chance of being upgraded to a Mii costume? Likely (70%)
Chance of being upgraded to an uograded Mii costume? Possible (50%)
Chance of being upgraded to a full on fighter? Unlikely (30%)

I don't mean this as a person who hates Geno. But as an Isaac fan, it's better to keep your expectations in check until he is confirmed (or disconfirmed).
About the Camelot angle I think it could be a hint toward Dragon Quest, when I saw it first time, the cover of Dragon Quest was the first thing to come in my mind :

It's an iconic picture for japanese ppl, the trailer also show it :

About the music taken down it wasn't an intended hint, just the fact that Nintendo got the rights for these two tracks so for some reasons somewhere at nintendo the music has been added to a list of tracks to be taken down on youtube. (something like that)

I think there's no real competition against Rayman cause he's rather unknown in japan and all the characters in smash are at least known in japan.
Besides, Geno is one of the 6 very in demand characters since the brawl era who wasn't in smash 4 (Banjo, Ridley, King K. Rool, Isaac, Geno, Simon).

Yes I know it's a common advice here to say "don't hope too much" and thank you for the advice :b: but don't worry I don't care if my most wanted (and Geno isn't my most wanted) is not in the game finally. Smash is a game of hype for me so I prefer to be enthusiastic and optimistic about characters, if they aren't in the game it's not a problem lol "it's just a game". :grin:

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

... Let me just tell you, you missed quite the discussion a while ago.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I mean if we are listening to Vergr he threw out it being a first party or an assist promotion today
How do I delete a post? I totally misunderstood Vergeben... oops.

Edit: Whaddya mean, EarlTamm EarlTamm ? If I'm misinformed on something that was happened recently, please understand since I haven't been in here!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am back, ladies and gentlemen! Did anyone miss me? Well I've missed you. I hope the speculation scene hasn't gotten too out of contr-

*sees Vergeben's post

Oh... oh dear lord.
Welcome back bud. Things are nuts right now. But you definetly came back to lots of interesting stuff.

StarLight42

Smash Lord

Edit: Whaddya mean, EarlTamm EarlTamm ? If I'm misinformed on something that was happened recently, please understand since I haven't been in here!
Basically we don't know if Vergeben is to be believed right now. Check Jon from GameXplain's twitter, he basically just did an all-out attack from Persona 5 on both Vergeben AND Sabi.

I trusted Verge for making some ballsy claims but I know how Jon is so if he's had enough with Vergeben saying this stuff then I have no idea what to believe.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have a link to the post where Jon apparently expresses his distaste for sabi/verge

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Before we hit the milestone for the thread becoming bigger than the Smash 4 Ridley thread, there was actually a ton of Waluigi talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom