• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Heading out early see you guys tommorow this stuff is almost over hopefully. Thursday can't come soon enough.

I.D.

Smash Lord
As far as I remember, I think they kinda retconned parts of those original games in recent media or made them less 18+.
The latest Heaven's Feel movie proves those sex scenes have not been retconned at all.

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice
But him going on saying that he doesn't believe all the deconfirmations doesn't mean anything. You can complain about the method Verge and Sabi are doing, but if they have the right information then it matter if you think they know nothing.
Never said it did. People are free to think what they want and I frankly don't even care whether the deconfirmations are right or wrong. They could all be true, and I'm expecting Sabi to leak the character anyway (maybe a few hours beforehand in their usual fashion). That doesn't make the game of Guess Who any less of a drawn-out waste of time.

Also there's nothing wrong with showing skepticism, and frankly coming into this thread to tell people that they're only having doubts about the leaks because of their own wishful thinking is clownish.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
The latest Heaven's Feel movie proves those sex scenes have not been retconned at all.
Yeah, I’m not sure Nintendo would wanna risk legions of angry parents and CERO breathing down their neck
Edit: didnt mean to quote RohanX sorry

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
This was discussed a bit ago, actually. It is being considered.
Oh, really? Yikes, sorry I keep bringing up topics that have already been discussed, my bad. I'm out of the loop due to me being gone lol

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I really hope Geoff and Nintendo are pulling one over on the leakers. Seeing doomguy become the reverse incineroar would be priceless.

link2702

Smash Champion
Well...this won’t end well me thinks for sabi.

She was always hyped up to be the most legitimate leaker, we might now be finding out that she was either baited the whole time, with Nintendo actually deliberately giving her trickled out information just to mess with everyone, or worse...she just was guessing.

What if Nintendo intended for all the other dlc characters to get leaked just a bit to build hype, but not the final one?

What if, EVERYTHING that has happened was 100% intended by Nintendo?

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Also, to add onto my last post, this:
View attachment 250953
I believe that Verge might be getting baited again but Sabi feels like a different story, if I remember correctly his "reliable source", whoever it is (not the NoA source) heard a name for FP5 MONTHS ago, along with Terry. I highly doubt they were doing that kind of baiting for number 5 that long ago. That doesn't mean Sabi's source can't be inaccurate on this, but it's important to keep in mind.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Oh, really? Yikes, sorry I keep bringing up topics that have already been discussed, my bad. I'm out of the loop due to me being gone lol
It's fine, things tend to move rather fast here, especially recently. You wouldn't expect a single newcomer support thread to cover what seems like every topic under the sun.

I.D.

Smash Lord
If this is all a ruse from Geoff I promise I will never make fun of his dorito hat ever again.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I really hope Geoff and Nintendo are pulling one over on the leakers. Seeing doomguy become the reverse incineroar would be priceless.
Reverse Incineroar really is the best way to put it

Incineroar leaked, no one wanted to believe because it was such a weak note to end on, it was truth

Doomguy leaks, no one believes it because "he's too violent" or "it's too good to be true", gets deconfirmed by leakers, gets in anyway

pinshadow

Smash Lord
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Sabi's response
Seriously, when was the last time Sabi even leaked something Nintendo related, when VRPlant was still around? I'm not saying she doesn't have sources but it's really goddamn arrogant to just expect people to believe everything you say because "well I've gotten stuff right before", ESPECIALLY when you've spent the last month giving a bunch of deconfirmations while not being able to actually say who it is.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Reverse Incineroar really is the best way to put it

Incineroar leaked, no one wanted to believe because it was such a weak note to end on, it was truth

Doomguy leaks, no one believes it because "he's too violent" or "it's too good to be true", gets deconfirmed by leakers, gets in anyway
I was thinking more that incineroar's reveal crushed our hopes for the grinch roster and condemned us to the box theory timeline.

Doomguy's reveal crushed the verge list and freed us from what was looking to be a largely underwhelming way to have the last of our pass money be spent on. No to mention it would pretty much mean geno is in and coming next so big + for us.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'm sorry but who is Geoff?
Game Awards host, major player in the game industry, the person who organized last years big showing of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo's big shots on stage together, and the ONE person who knew about Joker ahead of time

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Sabi's response, I don't think Sabi and Verge are being malicious, but I definitely think something is up.
I don't want to come off as needlessly mean, but **** gurrl sit tf down. When all you're able to do is play guess who with Verge and the fanbase and can't give any clear, concise names then of course people are gonna doubt when the two most consistent names start disagreeing. Leaving is probably the best thing she can do for all parties involved.

dsRed

Smash Rookie
Game Awards host, major player in the game industry, the person who organized last years big showing of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo's big shots on stage together, and the ONE person who knew about Joker ahead of time
To be fair Geoff wasn't the only person who knew about Joker. He was the only one from The Game Awards staff. Smaller leakers like Peekybird had dropped hints a few hours before the show referencing that Joker would be revealed, similar to what happened with plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom