• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Honestly, I’m still finding it not exactly impossible to believe what Verge said, because I read it as “his source is basically saying a Sony rep but can’t specifically name it.” Hopefully we’ll see soon.
If true: Kratos incoming?!

So, what are you guys hoping for beyond Smash at TGA?
Probably Banjo-Threeie or Mother 3 officially getting localize. Go ahead guys, you can laugh at me wishing for the impossible now.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
While we wait for Sabi's statement; I'm going to make a small case for why I think FNAF snatching the indie spot might be plausible

FNAF and Undertale are on the same wavelength; both games took over the world and changed the landscape of indie development in their respective genres. To me, FNAF kills three birds with one stone: A Horror Rep, An Indie Rep, and a Western Rep all rolled into one.

A horror representative is something a lot of us have been hoping for, but how do you do it? How do you rep horror in an E+10 game? Resident Evil seemed like the clear choice but now those hopes have been dashed, and Fatal Frame was relegated to an Assist Trophy.

Silent Hill maybe? Perhaps... but the only choice there is Pyramid Head; and he's literally drenched in blood at all times. I mean, you could just change the blood to dirt or something but I don't know...

Now FNAF? Well, as they say: "Smash is for Good Boys and Girls of all ages" and if time has proven anything; kids LOVE Five Nights.

People have always wondered why FNAF resonated so hard with young kids when the series lore is actually pretty gruesome and twisted. Best answer I can give, is that at its fundamental level it's kind of like a long lost Goosebumps book. The elevator pitch sounds like something R.L Stine would write: "A Chuck E. Cheese style restaurant that's haunted and the robots walk off the stage and chase the night guard around"

Also, there is relatively little gore in FNAF, except for Springtrap really. The most bloodshed happened in non-threatening pixel art

1575759827049.png

All of the deaths and horrible things like being stuffed into suits are mostly left up to the imagination really. I think the only truly disturbing death scenario to happen on screen was finding the shadows of two hanged men in Sister Location, but that's about it. Smash has a history of clashing with the age rating board over things like Palutena or Mai and Sakurai has talked of being frustrated by it. FNAF to me is the perfect answer for a horror rep that stays relatively safe for kids and also represents indies.

The series also has its sillier and wackier side! FNAF World was the cartoony spin-off that barely took itself seriously and basically roasted all the trappings of the original series, Scott put out a silly Metroid-vania style FNAF game for charity that makes fun of itself; it would fit right in with Smash

All in all, I'd keep an eye out for robotic bears or rabbits; they might be creeping into the roster when you least expect it

Alright, that's my piece. I need a Dr. Pepper now

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
This "who is going to be Fighter #5" war going on would be so nerve-racking without the confirmation of more DLC.

I know people before have said their grievances regarding Geno not being in the initial Fighters Pass, but, truthfully... who cares now? More DLC is on the way. And if Fatmanonice's words (or just general corroborating evidence) mean anything, Geno has a great shot as post-pass DLC.

Point being, I'm glad that most of you Geno fans are sitting comfortably right now, as opposed to the Grinch "Leak" season. I would feel bad to watch people squirm again when things line up and there is stuff on the line. Luckily for you all, as I said, we have more DLC, so whoever gets in as Fighter #5 doesn't really affect Geno.

Last edited:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
A Sony rep would be awesome and would really blow everyone out of the water. That's one way to 1-UP Joker's reveal.

BotW2. pls Nintendo, pls give
I hope, definitely my most anticipated game at the moment and I really think the VGAs would be perfect considering BotW had a big presence there during 2014, 2016 and 2017.

Also more short hair Zelda. MORE SHORT HAIR ZELDA.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
This board is going to crash hard when it turns out that Cacomallow leak come with Mii Costumes if both Doomguy & Geno.
It still amazes me how little faith you have in your most wanted character getting in as a fighter. I swear, Geno could be officially revealed as an upcoming fighter and you'd still be saying he has no shot. You'd say things like "That reveal trailer is clearly fake! Geno isn't that blue!" the whole while. :ultpacman:
In terms of reveals, I dunno... BOTW 2 first look, maybe? TGAs are always really humdrum affairs and are always unpredictable with regard to what they reveal. In terms of awards, I hope Smash wins them all, or at least Game of the Year, CTR:NF for best Racing/Sports Game, and something for Untitled Goose Game.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
This "who is going to be Fighter #5" war going on would be so nerve-racking without the confirmation of more DLC.

I know people before have said their grievances regarding Geno not being in the initial Fighters Pass, but, truthfully... who cares now? More DLC is on the way. And if Fatmanonice's words (or just general corroborating evidence) mean anything, Geno has a great shot as post-pass DLC.

Point being, I'm glad that most of you Geno fans are sitting comfortably right now, as opposed to the Grinch "Leak" season. I would feel bad to watch people squirm again when things line up and there is stuff on the line. Luckily for you all, as I said, we have more DLC, so whoever gets in as Fighter #5 doesn't really affect Geno.
Agreed... unless the Mii costume dropped with FP5, but I kinda doubt that'll happen. I'll still be holding my breath, though.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
This board is going to crash hard when it turns out that Cacomallow leak come with Mii Costumes if both Doomguy & Geno.
I don’t think Doom fans would have to worry about him being a costume since if Bethesda talked to Nintendo about Smash back in early 2018 before the Fighters Pass was final, it wouldn’t make sense for just a costume.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Wynn could you calm down please. Things look good right now we’ll be fine
What exactly happen besides Jon coming out saying he doesn't believe the deconfirmations for things to turn a 180?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
My hopes for these kinds of events usually just boils down to "crazy **** that I hope to see but will never happen", but here goes...
  • Bayonetta 3 trailer
  • Pikmin 4 trailer
  • Breath of the Wild 2 trailer
  • Ace Attorney 7 trailer
  • A new Capcom crossover fighting game such as...
    • Marvel vs. Capcom 4
    • Capcom vs. SNK 3
    • Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 2
  • Dragon's Dogma 2 announcement
  • Soulcalibur VI Switch port
  • Monster Hunter World Switch port
Seeing at least one of these happen would make me a very, very happy person.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
It still amazes me how little faith you have in your most wanted character getting in as a fighter. I swear, Geno could be officially revealed as an upcoming fighter and you'd still be saying he has no shot. You'd say things like "That reveal trailer is clearly fake! Geno isn't that blue!" the whole while. :ultpacman:
Look, if there's an officer trailer from Nintendo's channel then I'll believe it.
I don’t think Doom fans would have to worry about him being a costume since if Bethesda talked to Nintendo about Smash back in early 2018 before the Fighters Pass was final, it wouldn’t make sense for just a costume.
Just like how it make scene that Sakurai went to Capcom to get Resident Evil as png?

D

Deleted member

>Metroid Prime Trilogy Switch
>X-Men DLC trailer for Ultimate Alliance 3
>New gameplay for LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga
>BotW 2
>Bayonetta 3
>Viewtiful Joe 3
>Trailer for KH3 Re:Mind

Last edited by a moderator:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
While I don’t expect all of these to happen together, any of them would make me happy:
-Mario Odyssey 2 teaser
-BotW 2 trailer + release window
-Pikmin 4 teaser
-Retro Studio’s new project revealed(assuming it wasn’t cancelled)
-New Crash game revealed or a remake of Twinsanity
-Banjo Kazooie and Tooie remakes
-New DKC game with return of K Rool

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Look, if there's an officer trailer from Nintendo's channel then I'll believe it.

Just like how it make scene that Sakurai went to Capcom to get Resident Evil as png?
What I’m saying is that negotiating for unrepresented 3rd franchises as post-spirits or Mii Costumes likely doesn’t take too much time. A full blown character though along with music, a stage and other complications would likely take close to a year, or even more. It wouldn’t make sense for Doomguy as a Mii Costume to pop up NOW with this large of a time gap in between

Last edited:

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
What I’m saying is that negotiating for unrepresented 3rd franchises as post-spirits or Mii Costumes likely doesn’t take too much time. A full blown character though along with music, a stage and other complications would likely take close to a year, or even more. It wouldn’t make sense for Doomguy as a Mii Costume to pop up NOW with this large of a time gap in between

plus Capcom is already repsenting smash in many different ways. Befesta has nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom