• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If we're talking indies, I'm telling ya FNAF has a shot as an indie rep, though MAN that would infuriate Undertale fans

Either way, I think a FNAF Mii costume is bound to happen
In a game full of great looking video game characters, I seriously doubt they'd bother putting in the absolutely hideous characters from FNAF. I mean... it'd be night and day for every single character, including some of the near 30 year old original artwork spirits. I mean, the point to a Mii costume is to at least look somewhat appealing.

On an unrelated note, thinking about Shantae's publisher made me go and look up a game that's near and dear to me, and as it turns out, the creators of Plok kept the copyright to him despite me thinking it was a Tradewest/Rare title.

I'm thinking he's in. Plok boys represent.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
You know, I'll never understand why people consider Shantae indie. The first game was published by Capcom, for God's sake. If folks would take ten minutes to do some research, they'd see that tons of beloved games are titles developed by relative nobodies but published by big dogs, and hidden gems tend to be the same, except published also by relative nobodies.
Honestly that’s kinda my thoughts on Shantae. I dont see her first title as indie since Capcom published it, but now the series is independent, so it falls in a weird gray area

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
In a game full of great looking video game characters, I seriously doubt they'd bother putting in the absolutely hideous characters from FNAF. I mean... it'd be night and day for every single character, including some of the near 30 year old original artwork spirits. I mean, the point to a Mii costume is to at least look somewhat appealing
This is a game FULL of clashing art styles, my friend.

The spirits all range from 30 year old artwork like you said, to 2D sprites, to blocky renders like Virtua Fighter's Akira, to 3D renders from 10 years ago, and to now.

Not to mention, the playable roster consists of a literal dog and duck, a yoga instructor, a toy robot, a fat crocodile, a fat penguin, a 2D shapeshifter representing battery powered handhelds, a plant, a cat wrestler and so one and so on.

A robot bear or rabbit or whoever would hardly be out of place. Plus, they DO have more cartoonish incarnations in the FNAF World spinoff, to there's that too

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
On an unrelated note, thinking about Shantae's publisher made me go and look up a game that's near and dear to me, and as it turns out, the creators of Plok kept the copyright to him despite me thinking it was a Tradewest/Rare title.

All rise for the national anthem.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
If we're talking indies, I'm telling ya FNAF has a shot as an indie rep, though MAN that would infuriate Undertale fans

Either way, I think a FNAF Mii costume is bound to happen
I kinda doubt that tbh. FNAF is decently smaller than Undertale (I think) and I’m pretty sure Scott Cawthon isnt friends with Sakurai, so unless the two sit down and play a match together, I can’t see it happening

D

Deleted member

All rise for the national anthem.

Akrillic is a better song than Beach and Beach is only as well known as it is because casuals couldn't make it far enough to hear Akrillic. Fight me.

(Tim Follin is a god)

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I kinda doubt that tbh. FNAF is decently smaller than Undertale (I think) and I’m pretty sure Scott Cawthon isnt friends with Sakurai, so unless the two sit down and play a match together, I can’t see it happening
I'd honestly put the two of them at the same level. Both games basically took over the world. FNAF has a movie coming out within the next few years even.

I do agree though, Undertale has that big edge with Sakurai and Toby Fox being buddy buddy and with the game being especially big in Japan.

When I say FNAF has a chance, I don't mean it's a lock or anything but I do think Nintendo might have at least glanced in its direction at some point. I don't doubt that FNAF could have been a lot of ballot votes just like Sans was.

I say Mii Costume is inevitable, fighter would be a hell of a wild card

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
All of Smash fanbase waiting for a ****ing reveal
View attachment 250536
Argh! When is me figher 5 booty comin', bucko?

Akrillic is a better song than Beach and Beach is only as well known as it is because casuals couldn't make it far enough to hear Akrillic. Fight me.

(Tim Follin is a god)
Well, I'll be damned, I actually prefer Akrillic as well. Only reason I picked Beach is because it's more well known.

(Indeed)

D

Deleted member

(Tim Follin is a god)
Good lord even though 4th party picks are impossible, one of the reasons I would love to see the Fantastic Four in a game similar to Smash would be the possibility of Tim Follin being brought back to create a cover of this masterpiece:

D

Deleted member

In this house we salute the Plok Boss Theme
**** me this music needs to be in Smash even if this weird flea hating little man isn't.

Good lord even though 4th party picks are impossible, one of the reasons I would love to see the Fantastic Four in a game similar to Smash would be the possibility of Tim Follin being brought back to create a cover of this masterpiece:

One of the biggest crimes in video game history is the fact that it seems like every game Tim Follin was ever involved with turned out to be a total dumpster fire. IIRC he came to really resent composing for them.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I go to sleep, go to work, go to sleep again, wake up, go to Smashboards and I see 13 pages have passed since I've been gone. Again, SLOW DOWN Geno thread.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if plok actually ended up on sneso before it's all said and done. Seems like Nintendo is mostly sticking to their good friends or industry nobodies for 3rd party support.

Y'know N did put in the work for plok's eu release themselves. It's not the game is off their radar.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
That’s all well and good, but he has deliberately teased things on numerous occasions. Seems to me like he just regretted making that particular tweet, which is fine. Just don’t appreciate the hypocrisy when he’s literally known for teasing **** before announcements.

Every notable insider on twitter this past month:

“This”

“But maybe that”

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Absolute freaking LOL at Sabi tbh

If I were Jon, I'd be bashing my head into a wall right now over his crap

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I go to sleep, go to work, go to sleep again, wake up, go to Smashboards and I see 13 pages have passed since I've been gone. Again, SLOW DOWN Geno thread.
I guess it only makes sense though, Geno thread be getting as many posts as Sakurai's pumping out DLC characters.

I'm betting we'll reach the same amount of pages as the Ridley thread in just a couple hours.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if plok actually ended up on sneso before it's all said and done. Seems like Nintendo is mostly sticking to their good friends or industry nobodies for 3rd party support.

Y'know N did put in the work for plok's eu release themselves. It's not the game is off their radar.
Plok on SNESO doesn't sound too farfetched to me either. We've seen weirder games on the service before.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I'm super sick of the way insiders are acting, tbh. I'd much prefer long silences then concrete information to a relentless stream of wishy-washy BS.
It’s an absolute circus now. Verg and Sabi have turned the scene from directly leaking information they had to trying to become personalities that people follow for daily non-updates.

Because of how huge the smash speculation scene is, it seems like they prefer having people hang on their every vague word.

Once someone literally makes their own discord for “leaks” that’s when I’m out.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
In a game full of great looking video game characters, I seriously doubt they'd bother putting in the absolutely hideous characters from FNAF. I mean... it'd be night and day for every single character, including some of the near 30 year old original artwork spirits. I mean, the point to a Mii costume is to at least look somewhat appealing.

Hey, they could use the FNaF World designs. You have to at least give Scott a little credit.

Firox

Smash Master
Not to mention, the playable roster consists of a literal dog and duck, a yoga instructor, a toy robot, a fat crocodile, a fat penguin, a 2D shapeshifter representing battery powered handhelds, a plant, a cat wrestler and so one and so on.
I love how ridiculous the game sounds when you try to explain the characters in a literal sense. Other gems include:

-A frog ninja
-A medieval ninja
-Three humanoid space animals with opposable thumbs
-A turtle dragon
-An adolescent turtle dragon driving a....clown-faced....gyro-copter...fish bowl??
-A shape-shifting squid child
-A bear with a bird in his backpack
-A sword-wielding, mask-wearing tit with wings
-A goddess
-The goddess' reverse-pedo-harem
-A pirate space-dragon
-A race car driver that packs a glock
-A balloon with eyes
-A spiky-haired emo with a sword as big as he is
-An effeminate swordfighter wearing a tiara
-Lucina
-A galactic princess and her pet star
-A psychic boy who likes to get people with his snake....
-A dog girl/Mayor's assistant
-A sexy witch with guns
-A black ops soldier with a taste for boxes

Holy feck, I love this game.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion

I just thought of an extremely unlikely character, who is so out there that I also feel he could happen despite breaking so many “rules”, and he’s from a developer who’s never seen representation in smash...

Geralt from the witcher series.

The issues of course, are that he’s “4th party” similar to goku, and he comes from a series that makes the m rating on bayo and snakes games look like an ec rating.

But he’s also from an insanely popular game series that just got a release on switch, from a developer who hasn’t been shot down yet, and would certainly be a wtf never saw it coming pick.

Only drawback is he’d open the floodgates where people would be even more furious that their gokus snd ironmans aren’t in.

....I’ve been playing witcher 3 waaaaay to much lately...

BZocky

Smash Ace

There are easily more jarring/scarier looking ghouls on the Castlevania stage than the stuffed animals you see in FNaF

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
All I know is, a lot of you only seem to like insiders when they give you news you want to hear. When they don't it's constant insults and jokes.

If Sabi was saying Geno right now most of you would be throwing him a parade. You're all just taking your frustrations out on someone because of a lack of news in general. I know people are getting frustrated. But lets not take it out on people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom