• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I will admit; While the general wishy-washy nature of the insider/leak scene doesn't typically get to me all that much, watching Sabi here make a splash about Jon's tweet, only to sort of attempt to 'clear the air' by just admitting that it's still all very uncertain and could go one way or the other anyway, sort of makes me scratch my head and feel like all of this hullabaloo was wildly unnecessary, and ultimately, I wonder why it was even mentioned or referred to at all? Seems like a lot of needlessly spent energy on their part. This stuff's weird, man. And certainly very frustrating for people who really put some stock into this scene.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
All I know is, a lot of you only seem to like insiders when they give you news you want to hear. When they don't it's constant insults and jokes.

If Sabi was saying Geno right now most of you would be throwing him a parade. You're all just taking your frustrations out on someone because of a lack of news in general. I know people are getting frustrated. But lets not take it out on people.
Except Sabi isn't saying ANYTHING. Literally all they did today was say "well we may or may not not get an announcement at the game awards but I'm not saying anything certain so you can't prove me wrong". It's that kind of stuff that I really dislike because it means nothing and just feels like Sabi is saying it to get attention.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
All I know is, a lot of you only seem to like insiders when they give you news you want to hear. When they don't it's constant insults and jokes.

If Sabi was saying Geno right now most of you would be throwing him a parade.
That doesn’t even make sense. Of course we would if that was real and direct information.

The problem isn’t that we aren’t being told “good” news, it’s that Sabi constantly updates people with NON-news. Or if there is news, he puts the “but im not sure maybe its the opposite of what I just said” tag at the end to preserve their reputation so voila, pristine track record no matter what.

Truth is Sabi got 1.5 DLC characters right in advance (he didn’t believe Banjo until the endgame and everyone and their moms knew Erdrick was coming) and this thread is taken over by everything he says, which is usually nothing

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Recap; VGA Smash reveal is being called into question
You don't have to be an oracle to see that outcome:

Geoff: I hope you can forgive we have no Smash trailer. Sooooo...wanna see me play Death Stranding [brought to you by Monster Energy and Burger King]?

This attempt at a joke brought to you by IHOP and Duracell but not really.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Meh. I'm not even down we might not get a character announcement at the VGA's when it comes it comes. Will wait patiently till it is revealed.

Still excited for the VGA's too see who wins and whatever Nintendo announces.

If nothing Smash is shown so be it will still be a interesting or cringe-worthy show and that'll still be fun for me.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

If Sabi was saying Geno right now most of you would be throwing him a parade. You're all just taking your frustrations out on someone because of a lack of news in general. I know people are getting frustrated. But lets not take it out on people.
Yeah I do hope no one here is making personal attacks on them. I definitely do not envy the position they’re in right now, though I’ll say that now that I’ve seen how toxic leak culture can get I’m starting to question if leak culture should even exist at all. Like maybe the community would be better for everyone without it.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

At last, a use for this!

20191206_174840.jpg

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Except Sabi isn't saying ANYTHING. Literally all they did today was say "well we may or may not not get an announcement at the game awards but I'm not saying anything certain so you can't prove me wrong". It's that kind of stuff that I really dislike because it means nothing and just feels like Sabi is saying it to get attention.
That doesn’t even make sense. Of course we would if that was real and direct information.

The problem isn’t that we aren’t being told “good” news, it’s that Sabi constantly updates people with NON-news. Or if there is news, he puts the “but im not sure maybe its the opposit of what I just said” tag at the end to preserve their reputation so voila, pristine track record no matter what.

Truth is Sabi got 1.5 DLC characters right in advance (he didn’t believe Banjo until the endgame and everyone and their moms knew Erdrick was coming) and this thread is taken over by everything he says, which is usually nothing
Well I think it's time we start figuring out what's worth posting and what isn't. If people are getting annoyed at decisiveness, we don't have to post all of Sabi's decisiveness tweets here. Or any decisiveness tweets from any insiders. It seems like people post them here just to get annoyed at it. It won't be as annoying if we don't post every single tweet and discuss it like it means something.

It takes more energy to be mad about it then just deciding not to post every tweet here. We take things way to seriously when we don't have to.

Last edited:

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Post Terry smash leak scene in a nutshell:

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Post Terry smash leak scene in a nutshell:

Oooh ooooh, let me try!

"Who ever you could possibly think it is.....it probably isn't. Maybe. Until it is. BOW BEFORE ME!"

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Thread music.

Damn, stolen from me with no mentioning on how I did that earlier?

I called the insanity days ago!

Yeah I am getting real sick of these Waluigi memes.
Well, that makes one of you. Unless positive votes can out do negative votes, in which case that makes none of you.

See, here's the thing...

None of this is news. Remember, we are taking people at their word here with no idea if they are being truthful and the can prove nothing. All we have is 'This isn't who it is and maybe this is happening but really idk **** so lul make sure to follow me on Twitter!' when we were just being told who it might be. They HAVE the information on who it is, supposedly, but are not giving it.

I miss VRPlant, man.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Well, that makes one of you. Unless positive votes can out do negative votes, in which case that makes none of you.
I really don't know what to say besides I don't care for Waluigi. So it can be kinda annoying seeing a bunch of Waluigi memes posted outside his support thread.

Damn, stolen from me with no mentioning on how I did that earlier?

I called the insanity days ago!
And I am really sorry if I stole the joke from you. I didn't see it.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Ok I know i'm gonna enter Rathalos Golden Sun territory here...but...
1575674161154.png

This image (posted by SmashBrosJP in celebration of Smash's 1st year) contains every DLC character so far, and then randomly Daisy and Mario

1575674300425.png

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
View attachment 250555
This image (posted by SmashBrosJP in celebration of Smash's 1st year) contains every DLC character so far, and then randomly Daisy and Mario

View attachment 250558
More likely they needed someone to fill the space next to Mario to make it symmetrical. Interesting they picked Daisy though

MisterMike

Smash Champion
View attachment 250555

View attachment 250558
Hmm... perhaps we could be getting a Mario character as well as an Echo Fighter? Or maybe... it has something to do with who these characters are associated with:
Waluigi and Daisy are both characters that have mostly been relegated to spinoffs, and they serve as counterparts to other Mario characters.
As for Mario... well, since we already have his counterpart Wario in the game, perhaps there's another character that has some connection to Mario... a steadfast ally, perhaps...?
GenoThinking.png

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
A reveal of waluigi finishing off the pass and geno leading the next one sounds like the best possible timeline imo. Definently would make up for everything else in my eyes.

But the game awards just feels like he most out of place venue for such a combination ngl.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 250555

View attachment 250558
Yeah I do think this means something and I'm gonna make a bold prediction right here right now: Mario yes the Mario from Mario on the PS4 will be the fifth fighters pass character.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
A reveal of waluigi finishing off the pass and geno leading the next one sounds like the best possible timeline imo. Definently would make up for everything else in my eyes.

But the game awards just feels like he most out of place venue for such a combination ngl.
Yeah. People like to cite that Smash always has weak ending reveals, but at the Game Awards, and after the reception of Joker, they'd be foolish not to bring their A-game

Wah and Geno are more for Smash's core audience instead of a general public event like the Awards

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Hmm... perhaps we could be getting a Mario character as well as an Echo Fighter? Or maybe... it has something to do with who these characters are associated with:
Waluigi and Daisy are both characters that have mostly been relegated to spinoffs, and they serve as counterparts to other Mario characters.
As for Mario... well, since we already have his counterpart Wario in the game, perhaps there's another character that has some connection to Mario... a steadfast ally, perhaps...?
View attachment 250565
Goombario getting into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate crashes Paper Mario

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
This probably means nothing and will lead to dumb fan theories as usual that lead nowhere but i'm curious as to why they put Daisy as placeholder for where FP5 should be in that DLC group picture, lol

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
There have been multiple weird photos taken for smash like the bomberman + 4 assist trophies one, it's really hard to say if any of it means somthing but I think it's at least worth keeping in mind.
Yeah. People like to cite that Smash always has weak ending reveals, but at the Game Awards, and after the reception of Joker, they'd be foolish not to bring their A-game

Wah and Geno are more for Smash's core audience instead of a general public event like the Awards
I think wah would be perfectly fine but geno is definently not a face a casual multiplatform audience would recognize.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
This has been quite a ride, huh?View attachment 250500
I love this, as long as Steve doesn't win, I'm totally fine with whoever lol.
They don't do Directs on weekends, and it would have been announced in advance.
There has been like 4 nintendo directs on sundays in the past, check the nintendo presentation list on wikipedia. They are unlikely of course, but still, it has happened.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I think Push has the best explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom