• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
what the **** is going on

View attachment 250587
for those who don't know what he's talking about

this was a Mii hat in Smash 4 that has yet to return in ultimate
I want to say the 1st party mii costumes hold a lot less weight than the 3rd party mii costumes.

I say this because we are just now remembering there was a red shell hat lol

And well, Nintendo can add 1st party costumes whenever they want since they own the rights.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 250587

I'm not going to believe it until I see it but let's just say if Waluigi gets in my hopes for Isaac just shot through the roof same with Geno since if the multi-game rule of no assist upgrades gets broken in the first fighters pass? I think all bets are off spirits, Assists, Base game mii costumes (maybe Rex's Mii Costume as well). Anything goes and that's hype but also chaotic.

which is why it isn't happening cause that's too much chaos for the universe to handle lmao

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I don't think so. I think Sakurai sometimes retweets announcements for big events like E3, which could hint at when a newcomer could be announced, but I don't think he's ever hinted at who the newcomer could be.
The Red Eyes tweet was clearly pointing to Simon and K.Rool, thats pretty much certain. The whole fake smash ball thing from Sakurai at E3 I still think was a hint towards Banjo due to the whole X explosion and Sakurai clearly associating Banjo with Xbox more than Rare it seems, but I know that people will totally disagree with that stretch

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
I do have to ask. Has Sakurai or Nintendo ever hinted at a newcomer before their announcement? I swear they always just kinda dropped them.
Wasn't there that possible Banjo hint in Joker's overview video? In the stage builder section, there was one stage that was a witch, which could have been a hint towards Gruntilda.

Unless I'm just completely misremembering, just ignore me if that's the case

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't there that possible Banjo hint in Joker's overview video? In the stage builder section, there was one stage that was a witch, which could have been a hint towards Gruntilda.

Unless I'm just completely misremembering, just ignore me if that's the case
Yeah, there was also a "dragon" stage, iirc. Which could've alluded to DQ being added, or just have been a funny coincidence

Rohanx17

Smash Lord

View attachment 250587

Hold on what exactly is this red shell leak and what is it predicting? Is there a screenshot papa or someone else posted you could show us? Just don't want to get hyped over nothing is all.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord

Saw the image in question and another thing I noticed was the number 1 on the top. Of course, it references the 1 year anniversary of SSBU, but... what if... it's also referencing "one more to go" to complete the current Fighters Pass?

TGA is fast approaching, and I gotta say; what a time! Let us wait and see if there are indeed surprises in store at TGA (Smash related). We'll be getting the new additions to the SNES library on that day as well, and I wouldn't rule out Nintendo, as well as other companies throwing in a few surprises.:seuss:

Grumbo

Smash Ace

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
He went on to say that there wasn't exactly a character reveal in this leak he got, it was just a back and forth. He's just reconsidering it now because of this pic.

1575680336472.png

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Papagenos then went missing and was never seen again

Hold up there are more missing mii costumes?
Aside from the third party costumes, there's a bunch of stuff from 3DS Steetpass, different hats and hairstyles... and the Koopa Shell Hat.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Man, if this is legit, the BestGuyEver video is gonna be SICK.
For real. The whole rest of the year is probably going to create some of the best memes and content we've seen in awhile

Franco Geno Franco Geno Malo Mart Malo Mart OffBi OffBi
I'm expecting you to be churning out some quality geno/waluigi memes if this ends up going through. Your reputation as ****posters depends on it.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
More details

1575680499393.png

People are just chanting Waluigi because of course they are, this could just as easily point to our boy Geno being the one too

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
If it’s Waluigi, I hope the trailer is Piranha Plant picking up an assist trophy only to get smacked by a tennis racket.

Then someone would make a Twitter edit of Waluigi saying “You picked the wrong house fool!”

T2by4

Smash Lord
If waluigi joins, he's gotta come with geno, there's going to be too many questions as to why geno is STILL missing if waluigi makes the cut.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Ok so I I don’t want to sound needy or start a trend of people asking this stuff, but could I be a part of some memes? If you can’t fit me that’s fine.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
For real. The whole rest of the year is probably going to create some of the best memes and content we've seen in awhile

I'm expecting you to be churning out some quality geno/waluigi memes if this ends up going through. Your reputation as ****posters depends on it.
The meme squad is not going to fail our genobros.

If it’s Waluigi, I hope the trailer is Piranha Plant picking up an assist trophy only to get smacked by a tennis racket.

Then someone would make a Twitter edit of Waluigi saying “You picked the wrong house fool!”
That's exactly what i'm going to do!

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
He went on to say that there wasn't exactly a character reveal in this leak he got, it was just a back and forth. He's just reconsidering it now because of this pic.

View attachment 250612
Ah but of course! We've been bamboozled lads. The 5th fighter was a Nintendo character all along.

Seriously though it would make sense if they decided to open AND close the Fighters Pass with Mario/Nintendo reps (Piranha Plant being the one that opened it).

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
If character 5 is a Mario rep it could be Waluigi or Geno

Oh ****

Oh god

Oh no

If it is Waluigi and he doesn’t come with a Geno costume then Geno is in

If it’s Waluigi and he comes with a Geno costume the timeline ends.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
You guys realise that if it's waluigi then if we get a double reveal geno is by far the closest associate to pair him up with. Not like this affects our chances of getting in but it does bode well for us.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
More details

View attachment 250614

People are just chanting Waluigi because of course they are, this could just as easily point to our boy Geno being the one too
I think this depends on if we’re getting 5 and 6 back to back. If we only get five and this turns out true this would probably be Waluigi, but if #6 is announced at the same time it could very well be Geno

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

Holy ****, more evidence coming out about two of my most wanted Smash characters being imminent? You betcha I'll step up my meme game if that happens.

Grumbo

Smash Ace

Oh ****

Oh god

Oh no

We’d have to open the slipspace portal and collapse the timeline, then jump to a better one while in the void

T2by4

Smash Lord

Oh ****

Oh god

Oh no

I don't want a war with the wah's. Both our causes are just. We are in the same boat, both the wahs and puppets. We must not fight each other and only support each other. If wah gets in and our costume is still safe, we still have a chance. The Wah's have been waiting for a long time too, be sure to give them love if it happens. Because they beat the biggest odds any character has ever been through so far.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Yeah I doubt Waluigi tbh but

I would seriously laugh my ass off if that ended up happening because that is a hilarious way to end the fighter pass

(Not in a bad way btw, I'm chill with Wah.)

I also don't think Geno's costume would come with him. Given Geno is an SE rep, I feel like his costume would be with... well, someone from SE. Not only that, but if that also happened, then what about Chocobo, eh?

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I don't want a war with the wah's. Both our causes are just. We are in the same boat, both the wahs and puppets. We must not fight each other and only support each other. If wah gets in and our costume is still safe, we still have a chance. The Wah's have been waiting for a long time too, be sure to give them love if it happens. Because they beat the biggest odds any character has ever been through so far.
I agree. I’ve been a Waluigi supporter as long as I’ve been a Geno one. We can coexist peacefully.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Yeah I doubt Waluigi tbh but

I would seriously laugh my ass off if that ended up happening because that is a hilarious way to end the fighter pass

(Not in a bad way btw, I'm chill with Wah.)

I also don't think Geno's costume would come with him. Given Geno is an SE rep, I feel like his costume would be with... well, someone from SE. Not only that, but if that also happened, then what about Chocobo, eh?
Oh yeah I forgot about the Chocobo. Guess we dont have to worry about that scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom