• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You know, seeing how the Game Awards are going to happen on a Thursday... I’ve been thinking about something that I would be curious to see how Fatmanonice Fatmanonice views it:

You see, back on 2015 many people seemed to expect news about Roy and Ryu at E3 after getting leaked... but then it turned out that they got showcased and shown alongside other not-leaked stuff on a separated Smash presentation a day before E3.
And I was wondering... what if Nintendo plans to do a similar thing? What if we may be getting a separated Smash presentation next week that would allow Nintendo to reveal the last part of the Fighter Pass while also leaving enough room at the Game Awards for titles such as BotW2 and Bayonetta 3?
Not only that, but maybe on a potential Smash presentation we could also get a tease of future content... maybe even some surprises such as another bonus fighter.

What do you think? Could something like this happen?
That's actually a really good point... Maybe it is a similar situation. It'd be a hell of a coincidence given that 5, 6, and 7 have technically been preloaded in the Smash site's code since Terry and Nintendo has made several unnamed adjustments to the Smash YouTube page in the past couple of weeks. Hold the phone... What day of the week was E3's 2015 Smash presentation on? Can someone look that up real quick?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There was the Ryu/Roy one back in the Smash 3DS/Wii U days right? Love Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. But ahem there was that time think it was on a weekend but yeah not expecting anything if we were to get one it would probably be on a week day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WWM-SCjIuNg

Here's the video it was June 14 2015. That day couple days after E3 of that year.

Last edited by a moderator:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I hope fighter 5 is Quote from Cave Story. One of my most favorite video games of all time. I'd absolutely love to see it and would probably cry lol.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
That's actually a really good point... Maybe it is a similar situation. It'd be a hell of a coincidence given that 5, 6, and 7 have technically been preloaded in the Smash site's code since Terry and Nintendo has made several unnamed adjustments to the Smash YouTube page in the past couple of weeks. Hold the phone... What day of the week was E3's 2015 Smash presentation on? Can someone look that up real quick?
That was on a Sunday, I remember it clearly.

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
I also truly believe the Mallow/Cacodemon leak is real. It’s too perfectly designed, the jiggle in the Mallow cap... c’mon.

Starboi’s shining bright fam.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Oh wow, no Smash Bros announcement at the Game Awards? ZEHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm freaking living for this! All the characters that I could ever ask for are dead so I'm good with this crap show continuing on. I made my peace.
tenor (8).gif

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
A clear example of a weekend announcement. The anniversary is tomorrow. Did we get any heads up about E3 2015 Smash presentation or was it a shadow drop?
I think we got a heads up, that was the year of the first modern Nintendo World Championships right? That was on Saturday, then Smash on Sunday

Griselda

Smash Lord
Nintendo, late 2020: So, we'd now like to announce the third and fourth Ultimate DLC packs-
*someone, whispering in the speaker's ear*
Nintendo: ..What do you mean, FP5? Didn't we announce that last year? ..We didn't?

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
I also truly believe the Mallow/Cacodemon leak is real. It’s too perfectly designed, the jiggle in the Mallow cap... c’mon.

Starboi’s shining bright fam.
I share this belief. I've never seen such a perfect depiction of a modern mallow, and the hats themselves are just too high quality to be a $^!*post. To me, they're confirmed to get in eventually. Bingo!

Plus they were video leaks. VIDEO LEAAAKS. This wasn't just a screenshot with a photoshop stand glaring behind it. Sure, we got people claiming it's easy to do with those (sorry for my crassness) low effort screenshots where there were a few things off with the Cacodemon and Mallow recreations, such as the mouth gap, no in game video proof, and no portrait UI.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
July 6th of 2015:

So almost a week's notice. Interesting. Joker was announced on the 6th last year and Smash was released the next day. Suppose Nintendo did something crazy like announced a presentation on the anniversary to be held before or after the VGAs because Nintendo wanted to focus on new games only at the VGAs? I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

You know, I still haven't seen any proof for this "pre-loading" on the DLC website. I went and looked at the code myself, and while it had changed, all they did was change the name of the containers. Nothing was added as a placeholder or anything.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Is this family friendly enough my dudes?.View attachment 250514
Yes

I share this belief. I've never seen such a perfect depiction of a modern mallow, and the hats themselves are just too high quality to be a $^!*post. To me, they're confirmed to get in eventually. Bingo!
Exactly! I have an exact idea of how Mallow would look like in Ultimate in my head, and that Mii Costume isn't too far off at all. The Cacomallow leak is the next Ken leak as far as I'm concerned.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So almost a week's notice. Interesting. Joker was announced on the 6th last year and Smash was released the next day. Suppose Nintendo did something crazy like announced a presentation on the anniversary to be held before or after the VGAs because Nintendo wanted to focus on new games only at the VGAs? I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
I could totally see them doing this, have a Smash Direct Wednesday to announce character 5 and then maybe detail future DLC, then do BotW 2 and Bayonetta 3 at TGA

Gah, I guess I’m checking Twitter obsessively all weekend.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I think you guys are really getting desperate for an announcement.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Okay, but also remember that the “news” tab in the game stopped displaying info about Terry like a week ago, so that sort of adds some credence that there could be a character reveal soon. Plus, the Nintendo Holiday sweepstakes thing has a Smash-sounding title for the 12th (I think? I’m not certain on the date). Could line up with a presentation on the day before revealing Fighter #5, and then the giveaway would be for a complete Fighter’s Pass with Piranha Plant and (potentially) a second bonus fighter. Even if there’s no Smash at TGA, there’s still time for it to happen, maybe even sooner than we thought.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Okay, but also remember that the “news” tab in the game stopped displaying info about Terry like a week ago, so that sort of adds some credence that there could be a character reveal soon. Plus, the Nintendo Holiday sweepstakes thing has a Smash-sounding title for the 12th (I think? I’m not certain on the date). Could line up with a presentation on the day before revealing Fighter #5, and then the giveaway would be for a complete Fighter’s Pass with Piranha Plant and (potentially) a second bonus fighter. Even if there’s no Smash at TGA, there’s still time for it to happen, maybe even sooner than we thought.
The sweepstake is definitely smash and it is on the 12th, but it does not include any dlc. If I recall correctly it's like, the game and these two weird mario suits or something. Still very suspicious timing.

D

Deleted member

JDCabrera coming up with a Smash Direct theory doing research on his iPad like

DBA08246-1CD4-4689-8F6E-0D033319484C.jpeg

Grumbo

Smash Ace
This wait is driving me insane. If we dont get #5 soon im gonna pull my hair out
This is reminding me of the Ultimate Alliance 3 DLC cycle.

The Ultimate Alliance 3 DLC cycle is something many people on this site would likely not survive.
Speaking of that did the XMen pack ever get announced? I used to be really into that game but the info drought on it is ridiculous
I hope fighter 5 is Quote from Cave Story. One of my most favorite video games of all time. I'd absolutely love to see it and would probably cry lol.
Quote would be awesome to see. I loved that game as a kid but could never finish it. For me and probably many others Cavestory was the first time I had heard of Indie games, so to have the first big Nindie (not counting Shantae) would be awesome

D

Deleted member

This wait is driving me insane. If we dont get #5 soon im gonna pull my hair out

Speaking of that did the XMen pack ever get announced? I used to be really into that game but the info drought on it is ridiculous

Quote would be awesome to see. I loved that game as a kid but could never finish it. For me and probably many others Cavestory was the first time I had heard of Indie games, so to have the first big Nindie (not counting Shantae) would be awesome
The X-Men pack hasn’t been revealed yet.

I suppose it will be released this month to meet up with the 2019 deadline.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Considering Sabi was just speculating and insiders specifically said no smash last year, smash at tga is still a safe bet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Considering Sabi was just speculating and insiders specifically said no smash last year, smash at tga is still a safe bet.
Just in case, I will not disreagard the possibility of a separated Smash presentation just in case.

One should always take into consideration any possible scenario.

D

Deleted member

You know, I'll never understand why people consider Shantae indie. The first game was published by Capcom, for God's sake. If folks would take ten minutes to do some research, they'd see that tons of beloved games are titles developed by relative nobodies but published by big dogs, and hidden gems tend to be the same, except published also by relative nobodies.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
You know, I'll never understand why people consider Shantae indie. The first game was published by Capcom, for God's sake. If folks would take ten minutes to do some research, they'd see that tons of beloved games are titles developed by relative nobodies but published by big dogs, and hidden gems tend to be the same, except published also by relative nobodies.
If we're talking indies, I'm telling ya FNAF has a shot as an indie rep, though MAN that would infuriate Undertale fans

Either way, I think a FNAF Mii costume is bound to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom