• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
A Smash Direct seems to work better for them as a whole. They can reveal FP5 and then discuss their future plans for the next DLC. I'm sure Nintendo would want to start pushing that before the first bundle is wrapped up.

For all we know, Geno still need to avoid one more Mii Fighter Wave and he'll be in the running. Then I will start getting excited.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah I didn't buy it last time so I'm going to reserve judgement untill I see it happen.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Let's just go into TGA hoping for the best, expecting the worse. That feels like the right move in this situation.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I will say, this strengthens the idea of Nintendo going for a full on disinformation campaign to prevent leaks in my mind, but we shouldn’t get our hearts set on that being the case.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, I've noticed a number of people have asked where Sol came from and provide a better explanation of Smash rumors in insider circles. Sol was first heard in the context of Smash during the summer, along with other things Guilty Gear. You know that meme of naming an imaginary game and then tagging on "and Knuckles?" Smash is a lot like that and you all have already seen this several times before. A bunch of Devil May Cry news leaked during I believe the summer and, sure enough, Smash news was tacked on. Real Half Life leaks and, yep, more fake Smash news. Tales news and, once again, people automatically assumed Smash was going to be tied to it, especially since Nintendo was teasing it so hard. People were even cracking jokes about Tony Hawk coming to Smash for a little while because Smash rumors often top real leaks like cocktail umbrellas. It's kind of ridiculous, of the 10 characters heard that actually seem to have some credibility behind them, Geno and Waluigi are the only two whose rumors are entirely tied to Smash (so no, don't expect Super Mario RPG 2: Dodo's ****ing Pissed anytime soon).

Why am I explaining this? Well, this also ties into the 4 similar characters I mentioned awhile back and came to light in recent weeks: Lloyd, Sol, Nightmare, and Dante. All four have swords, all four have been heard by insiders, and all four had other game rumors tied to them. This is why I deduced things down to what I did. That said, there have been Devil May Cry (all have already come to pass), Tales (pending), Soul Calibur (unknown), and Guilty Gear (unknown) rumors associated with Nintendo but, per usual fashion, also had Smash rumors tied to them.

One thing that's particularly interesting is that, of this four, the Lloyd rumors long proceeded the Tales rumors, almost by an entire year. This is another reason why I put so much weight in him in my original theories. As for Sol, Dante, and Nightmare, Nintendo related rumors of their respective franchises came along with them in very close fashion. This is where things get murky: are the Smash rumors true, are the Nintendo rumors true, both, or neither? Well, as shown, it's most likely that if Smash rumors come along with new game rumors, the new game rumors are more likely to be true while the Smash rumors are typically false. This also explains my low confidence in Dante and how he might be a red herring for someone else.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Genuinely reconsidering hayabusa again this is getting ridiculous

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Here comes the big one" - Terry Bogard

also if I don't have to watch the VGAs Sabi or someone better be straight about it.

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
We're long overdue for a Nintendo Direct though. If we don't have a VGA reveal I'd expect a Direct soon.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
At this point I don't even know what to expect from TGA lol, if there's even smash (which imo there should be, otherwise all they got left is jump festa or rush up a direct for january next year), then all i hope for is maybe a new trailer for BOTW2 or more FF7R news aside from the trailer coming up in jump festa… meh i dont even know anymore. Last year there were 16 announcements and this year there's gonna be only 10, TGA is starting to look a bit boring if they don't have any heavy guns to show, lol. Are you guys expecting any type of game announcement in particular? RE3 Remake will be shown at state of play from what Zhuge teased a few days ago, so that's not gonna be at TGA then...

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You know, no Smash at the TGA's would also align with Geoff's statement about nothing having been leaked, which would include Smash. Smacks lips.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
At this point I don't even know what to expect from TGA lol, if there's even smash (which imo there should be, otherwise all they got left is jump festa or rush up a direct for january next year), then all i hope for is maybe a new trailer for BOTW2 or more FF7R news aside from the trailer coming up in jump festa… meh i dont even know anymore. Last year there were 16 announcements and this year there's gonna be only 10, TGA is starting to look a bit boring if they don't have any heavy guns to show, lol. Are you guys expecting any type of game announcement in particular? RE3 Remake will be shown at state of play from what Zhuge teased a few days ago, so that's not gonna be at TGA then...
Smash better not feature at jump festa, just for what that would imply

D

Deleted member

You know, no Smash at the TGA's would also align with Geoff's statement about nothing having been leaked, which would include Smash. Smacks lips.
I guess a Smash direct or a regular direct in January then.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
For ****'s sake. Roughly a month of tortuous hype-wringing, only to have the sudden snipe of "oh btw don't expect a VGA reveal lol" is absolutely infuriating. I know that people criticise insiders for being attention-grabbing, and I'm agreeing with them here. Staying silent until any info actually comes up would be fine in most people's books, mine at least, but nah, we get strung along for about a month and then backhanded by "don't count on it". Nothing wrong with staying silent.

Firox

Smash Master
November 2018: "What could be more blue balls than rounding out the roster with Piranha Plant?"

December 2019: Absolutely zero reveals after a month+ of VGA build-up.

Last edited:

Rikarte

Smash Ace
I've been speculating about no Smash at the GA for a while now. Think about it this way: A presentation at a show this big probably costs a ton of money. Why bother promoting the Fighter's Pass, which most of your consumers probably bought by now anyway (and the ones who haven't most likely never will) when you could also invest into something big and completely new? I'm thinking BotW2.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Anything Nintendo and I've already shared my big wants in private over the rumors we've heard. Not sure how much I believe no Smash though given Nintendo juked us last year despite having "insides."

D

Deleted member

I'm totally not going to watch the game awards now since most of my hype for it came from the potential of #5 being shown there. Hopefully Smash Ultimate wins GOTY there but I won't be watching it just for that since I have better things I can do at that time.

It's a shame because this past month of nothing but disconfirmations has been such a drag and one of the worst smash speculation periods ever due to how boring it really is. Hopefully there's a Smash-centric direct later in December if true.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
It's kind of ridiculous, of the 10 characters heard that actually seem to have some credibility behind them, Geno and Waluigi are the only two whose rumors are entirely tied to Smash (so no, don't expect Super Mario RPG 2: Dodo's ****ing Pissed anytime soon).
I'm gettin' real sick of your ****, Fatty.
Dodos****ingPissed.png

I'm still expecting something from Nintendo at VGAs due to their presence there, whether it be a Smash reveal, BOTW2 first look, or something entirely different. I'm also expecting/hoping for CTR:NF to win Best Racing/Sports game, Untitled Goose Game to win something, and Fortnite to win Best E-Sports Game.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Anything Nintendo and I've already shared my big wants in private over the rumors we've heard. Not sure how much I believe no Smash though given Nintendo juked us last year despite having "insides."
Yeah I think I'm going into extremely low expectations mode this time…

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
]
I'm gettin' real sick of your ****, Fatty.
View attachment 250491

I'm still expecting something from Nintendo at VGAs due to their presence there, whether it be a Smash reveal, BOTW2 first look, or something entirely different. I'm also expecting/hoping for CTR:NF to win Best Racing/Sports game, Untitled Goose Game to win something, and Fortnite to win Best E-Sports Game.
That dodo picture is amazing.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I always felt that a VGA reveal was unlikely unless it was a broad appeal character like Master Chief.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
All hope may NOT be lost. It seems like this is a running joke Jon does. But the fact that Sabi is commenting on it is worrying

Screenshot_20191206-145515_Discord.jpg

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Well if nothing else I can skip the game awards now. I better be hearing about a smash direct or somthing coming up soon though.

D

Deleted member

Smash Ultimate's 1 year anniversary is tomorrow. This month is, in general, the anniversary month of the game. Not even Nintendo is so dumb as to let the whole month go by with no information when they have a DLC fighter due in February, and just leave us on yet another ridiculous spirit event.

If there's no Smash at the Game Awards then I think we're in for a direct. Probably sooner rather than later. Otherwise, that "feeling" I mentioned on Tuesday or something, about Nintendo owing us something and leaks always happening? That's gonna come.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Well, insiders saying no Smash reveals at TGAs or not, I'm not giving up hope. There's still an off chance of an outta left field fighter 5 teaser or something along those lines, and if that's the case I wanna see it first hand. If not, then I'll just have wasted my time watching the presentation. But eh, I'm used to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom