• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

QQS

Smash Lord
After all my story and faith attached to Geno, this is my final guess at The Game Awards.

#75: Namco rep:
a) More probably Lloyd
b) Nightmare + Soul Calibur coming to Switch with Link playable there like GameCube times (with his new outfit, which you can already see in Breath, Kart, Smash and Hyrule Warriors).

#76: In-Between character between FP1 & FP2:
GENO playable (with the Mario logo). Also they can surprise us with a First Party Geno (for what SquareEnix would want Geno anymore?) and adding him in more games also, could be a remake of the original MarioRPG or a sequel. Plus adding Mario RPG to the Switch Library like Mini-SNES already has.

#77-81 (Fighter Pass 2): some hints and silhouettes about the upcoming characters. Probably showing Rillaboom given that Pokémon was recently released and to fulfill the Full Evolutions types (Greninja, Incineroar and Rillaboom). For me it will be a double reveal or maybe a tripe reveal!

Other stuff:
More about Breath 2
Reveal of Odyssey 2
Metroid Prime trilogy to Switch
Super Metroid remake to Switch
More amiibo
More Mii costumes
And of course more games
*Metroid Prime 4 would be in the January Direct I guess.

Best wishes from Chile! TGA will be from 22:30 to 00:30 on Thursday in my time. It will be an amazing night. After playing MarioRPG for the first time when I was 6 years old (1990 born), it will be a priceless feeling that I can’t describe in words. All the “Fans will be pleased” from Sakurai, his Geno acknowledgement and seeing how Ridley, KKR and Banjo made it in the same game, makes my dream still alive.

This is the Ultimate Smash, this is happening guys, either number 75-76-77, Geno is joining the party with his old friends. A perfect fit in terms of design, moveset, music and story.

Can’t wait to see his CGI trailer + waiting for him to download in 2020 + having his amiibo.

Thanks for reading!
5137B750-4779-4EED-8DA3-B4DD9680DE2C.jpeg

(credits to the creator of the photo).

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I miss the days of CacoMallow fellowship and Doomguy/Geno team-ups can anyone remedy this
Pure combo.

I still think it has a fairly decent shot at being a real leak. Reminds me of the OG Ken leak where it blew up for a couple weeks and no one could prove it real or fake definitively and so people stopped talking about it until it ended up being the real deal.

Not holding my breath, but I’m hopeful

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
If we get another bonus character I expect the pass or pass equivalent to go down to 4 or destructure entirely.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
The thread’s going incredibly fast and I havent had much time to post, so I’m gonna respond to like four things at once. Also my Chief moveset is very close to completion. Still gotta describe the stage, a few weapons, and pick the last few songs. I’m gonna get it out before the VGAs since he’s become a hot topic on here now.
*Here's some weapons playing in the background*
"Welcome to the Geno thread, how can we help you today?"View attachment 250336
Aw man I’m finally in a meme edit. Thanks a million.
Your wish will be granted. anyone else that would like to appear on future memes?
I would much appreciate that. Thanks
On the topic of getting into memes, Sunday was actually my birthday, I didn’t bring it up cause it was also the day where I posted about getting my letter in Nintendo Force and then I got into a meme so I figured that was enough drawing attention to myself lol. So I think what I’m trying to say is, thanks for the inadvertent birthday present Franco Geno Franco Geno
Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a good one!
I’m telling you guys

I’m telling you

It’s happening
Time to finish the fight marines
79C69B7B-01FF-4877-B10A-EB0BD3805A67.png

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
My predictions for game awards:
75: PHOENIX WRIGHT
76:GENO
Story Mode DLC
Other Nintendo stuff:
BOTW 2 info
Sunshine 2 announcement
Prime Trilogy for Switch
New Golden Sun
New F-Zero at the end

D

Deleted member

Story Mode DLC
Other Nintendo stuff:
BOTW 2 info
Sunshine 2 announcement
Prime Trilogy for Switch
New Golden Sun
New F-Zero at the end
Here is my dream Game Awards reveals:

Fighter 5
Reveal of Geno as a bonus fighter or at least a tease of that
Metroid Prime Trilogy Switch
X-Men DLC trailer for Ultimate Alliance 3
Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind trailer
MvC4
New trailer for LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
Story Mode DLC
Other Nintendo stuff:
BOTW 2 info
Sunshine 2 announcement
Prime Trilogy for Switch
New Golden Sun
New F-Zero at the end
Bro it's game awards not a Nintendo Direct

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
My question is what Sabi meant in the tweet, since it can be taken several ways.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
My DLC prediction. Apologies for the crudeness. I'm not good at image editing. How would you guys feel if this was what we got?

Fighter pass 2 and 3 prediction.png

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I miss the days of CacoMallow fellowship and Doomguy/Geno team-ups can anyone remedy this
You have now been reminded that the CacoMallow post was made on the 3rd of November and has yet to be disproven.
The person/people responsible for this, assuming this is fake, has not come forward as of yet.
No insider has been able to disconfirm it. The most they've been able to say is that it has nothing to do with FP5.
While it has been proven that hats can be modded in, no one has been able to accurately replicate the quality of these hats.
1572848718133.png

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Well with Sora seemingly out (Since Naz says it wasn't a hard deconfirm as it was more of a "no comment" situation) I have to rethink my VGA pick

I'm going to assume the "no double dipping" rule is in effect so I'd say no Chief until maybe next time, nor do I think its Waluigi or Reimu.

I'm genuinely at a loss. It could be Sol Badguy, but that would be two FG characters in a row, and he'd generate a "literally who?" reaction

FNAF would be a huge reaction, it would be another "WTF?" pick, and a long overdue indie rep that took the whole world by storm... but I can't confidently say that's it either, it's just a possibility. That and Undertale fans would feel slighted as hell.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Fighter 5 is one of the deconfirmed characters and this has all been a long con, since allegedly Sabi's source is regularly annoyed by the Smash fanbase; so what better way to retire than to string us along and then flip the bird while walking backwards out the door

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
You have got to be kidding me, first the showcase and now this?

I swear If they decided to just wait untill the actual release to even tell us who we paid for I'm going to flip. All the obnoxious hype wringing they've done this year has tried my patience but this is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
You have now been reminded that the CacoMallow post was made on the 3rd of November and has yet to be disproven.
The person/people responsible for this, assuming this is fake, has not come forward as of yet.
No insider has been able to disconfirm it. The most they've been able to say is that it has nothing to do with FP5.
Between this and the music takedowns I've been confident for a while that Geno is coming.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
This could also mean that we'll get a Smash direct in the future after the VGA's then.

Biiiig oof if true, though. Guess all we can do is wait and see.

D

Deleted member

This is reminding me of the Ultimate Alliance 3 DLC cycle.

The Ultimate Alliance 3 DLC cycle is something many people on this site would likely not survive.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Oh, okay. Are we sure there's nothing else this could mean? Although, tbf, insiders also didn't think smash would be at tga last year and look what we got.
I just had a suggestion that it could also make sense if a character named Violet made it in. You know, pull an Incredibles refrence. The Dash is capitalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom