• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well, insiders saying no Smash reveals at TGAs or not, I'm not giving up hope. There's still an off chance of an outta left field fighter 5 teaser or something along those lines, and if that's the case I wanna see it first hand. If not, then I'll just have wasted my time watching the presentation. But eh, I'm used to that.
... the sad part is, I'm still going to sit through the entire snoozefest purely because of that.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I don't care for anything Jon says. It's Sabi. Unless Sabi also is playing into the joke.

At the end of the day, I do not care where FP5 is revealed. Just what comes with FP5/Miis
More context was shared

Screenshot_20191206-145707_Discord.jpg

It seems like it was Sabi merely speculating again, and commenting on Jon's joke at the wrong time

D

Deleted member

I’m starting to think that we have a direct in January and we have No More Heroes 3 gameplay with Travis announced for Smash.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So no smash at tga is speculation and insiders were wrong about the exact same thing last year anyway. I still think it will be there.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
... the sad part is, I'm still going to sit through the entire snoozefest purely because of that.
I'm sure it'll put me to sleep as well. But hey, I had to endure the entirety of the November Direct last year, and the GAs can't be much worse than that... right?

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Tfw you genuinely enjoy TGA

I mean they’re not perfect but I’m just glad that gaming’s at a point where it can be treated as a legitimate medium like this, as opposed to how so many have dismissed it in the past

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tfw you genuinely enjoy TGA

I mean they’re not perfect but I’m just glad that gaming’s at a point where it can be treated as a legitimate medium like this, as opposed to how so many have dismissed it in the past
it liked it better when it was treated like ****, tbh.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I have to be honest, I'm finding a lot of bittersweet amusement in the fact that we've managed to reach a point where Smash Ultimate itself managed to be deconfirmed from something.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
As much as I'd like a fully fledged Smash Direct covering what the extra DLC will necessarily be (like if we get another fighter's pass, or just standalone DLC from now on) as well as #5 and possibly #6, I don't know how much longer I can wait. Hopefully before TGA then.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I dunno. Maybe Nintendo plans to make a big baloney pony hullabaloo about 5 and Season 2 in a presentation before Christmas. Remember how Nintendo tacked on a Smash announcement announcement at EVO last year? Same thing could happen again. Given what I know about Jon and his ins in the industry, I take him suggesting no Smash at the VGAs very seriously so, as Sabi said, lowering your expectations significantly is honestly for the best.

D

Deleted member

Ooo if they wanted to be ballsy they could put it on Wednesday, between State of Play and TGA
Directs seem to be on Wednesday more often than not.

They could really strike hard and put the direct out on State of Play day.

or maybe Smash could be at State of Play.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So even Nintendo is deconfirmed for character 5 with no VGA reveal?

Maybe character 5 is a literal blackhole.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Directs seem to be on Wednesday more often than not.

They could really strike hard and put the direct out on State of Play day.

or maybe Smash could be at State of Play.
Character 5 is revealed at State of Play. It’s Master Chief. Everyone is confused.

D

Deleted member

You know, seeing how the Game Awards are going to happen on a Thursday... I’ve been thinking about something that I would be curious to see how Fatmanonice Fatmanonice views it:

You see, back on 2015 many people seemed to expect news about Roy and Ryu at E3 after getting leaked... but then it turned out that they got showcased and shown alongside other not-leaked stuff on a separated Smash presentation a day before E3.
And I was wondering... what if Nintendo plans to do a similar thing? What if we may be getting a separated Smash presentation next week that would allow Nintendo to reveal the last part of the Fighter Pass while also leaving enough room at the Game Awards for titles such as BotW2 and Bayonetta 3?
Not only that, but maybe on a potential Smash presentation we could also get a tease of future content... maybe even some surprises such as another bonus fighter.

What do you think? Could something like this happen?

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
Long-time lurker, Geno fan since SMRPG’s release... was pitching for him all the way back in Melee days and HUGELY in the Brawl Days (I BELIEVED it was happening then... was more skeptical with WiiU but have Zero doubts our Starboi’s IN for FP2!).

Besides Geno’s obvious uniqueness (reanimated puppet, possessed of a celestial being, with star powers, a gun-arm, AND a chivalrous personality)... I think his unique mechanic would fit Smash BEYOND PERFECTLY.

That being, Timed Attacks! His Specials & possibly his Smashes also having a special window of opportunity would make for really fresh and exciting gameplay.

Concerning predictions for F5 & FP2...

I feel strongly it’ll be Master Chief, with a possible double-reveal of GENO as a special thank you to the fans/literal Dream Come True for those who’ve waited patiently for decades.

Geno’s Legacy doesn’t feel right for 6 or 7, given how special he is (and different/‘niche-ish’)... think about it, he also represents a special crossover with the old partnering of Square & Nintendo—which feels thematic for this pass.

Him being a super secret, double-reveal wouldn’t disrupt the “he’s not F5” deconfirmation either... as he’d be 6, technically.

D

Deleted member

Well if that's the case... Still tuning in was mostly watching to support Smash, Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Kingdom Hearts III anyway.

So of no Smash so be it...

But dang two more months of hearing who might or might not be character #5 till a possible January or February direct what a headache. So be it then.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I dunno. Maybe Nintendo plans to make a big baloney pony hullabaloo about 5 and Season 2 in a presentation before Christmas. Remember how Nintendo tacked on a Smash announcement announcement at EVO last year? Same thing could happen again. Given what I know about Jon and his ins in the industry, I take him suggesting no Smash at the VGAs very seriously so, as Sabi said, lowering your expectations significantly is honestly for the best.
Lowering my expectations? Hell, with this update, I'm skipping the VGAs altogether. Smash was my main interest in it, but if Smash is not making an appearance, then there's no drive for me to watch it. I'll look at the news the next day.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I'll be frank though, if we got a whole dedicated Smash Direct with lots of info on upcoming stuff like fighter 5, it'd be better than just a measley teaser or two at the GAs tenfold. Even more so if it was before that event.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So, just to get everything in one post.

Jon apparently makes this "What? No Smash?" joke very often. Not to mention it's no secret that he's shown a bit of annoyance at the Smash fanbase

Screenshot_20191206-145515_Discord.jpg

At the same time, things have been quiet on the insider front ad far as we know, and Sabi has been speculating there might not be a reveal at all

Screenshot_20191206-145707_Discord.jpg

So, this all seems to be a case of bad timing of the two points colliding with one another. In truth, we just don't know because leaks have been kind of dry.

So I wouldn't count out the Game Awards for a reveal just yet. It has too much going for it

--Game Awards tweeted about Joker's invasion being a highlight
--Smash is up for both best fighting game AND GOTY
--Nintendo's Holiday giveaway has Smash Bros landing on Game Awards night

I rode the Banjo train despite all the low points, and I'm not letting go of this one either. I'm still on for a GA reveal

D

Deleted member

If anyone wants to skip the VGA's definetly do so.

No reason to tune in you were just watching for Smash.

Now that it's out the window no reason to really watch.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
It has to be hard to be a leaker. Just speculating can cause the internet to freak out. I'm still going to be a bit more gunshy about the VGAs but man it's hard to see the lines between what Sabi says as a leak and what's personal.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So, just to get everything in one post.

Jon apparently makes this "What? No Smash?" joke very often. Not to mention it's no secret that he's shown a bit of annoyance at the Smash fanbase

View attachment 250508

At the same time, things have been quiet on the insider front ad far as we know, and Sabi has been speculating there might not be a reveal at all

View attachment 250509

So, this all seems to be a case of bad timing of the two points colliding with one another. In truth, we just don't know because leaks have been kind of dry.

So I wouldn't count out the Game Awards for a reveal just yet. It has too much going for it

--Game Awards tweeted about Joker's invasion being a highlight
--Smash is up for both best fighting game AND GOTY
--Nintendo's Holiday giveaway has Smash Bros landing on Game Awards night

I rode the Banjo train despite all the low points, and I'm not letting go of this one either. I'm still on for a GA reveal
Yeah Jon’s “What, no Smash?” bit is 100% a running gag with him. Without Sabi’s quote I’d take his post almost as CONFIRMATION of a Smash reveal, as it’s been known for a while that he has some info (he called all the FF’s that got announced in one direct perfectly for example).

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
No Smash at the VGAs honestly just makes an actual Smash Direct likely in my opinion so...
Imagine a full on Smash Direct, Challenger 5 is revealed, and as a bonus, they reveal fighter pack 2, except instead of it being a year long mystery, all the characters in Fighters Pass 2 are revealed in an epic cinematic

or, you know, they'll just spend 40 minutes talking about Smash and reveal Fighter 5 will be announced in Feburary.

D

Deleted member

Imagine a full on Smash Direct, Challenger 5 is revealed, and as a bonus, they reveal fighter pack 2, except instead of it being a year long mystery, all the characters in Fighters Pass 2 are revealed in an epic cinematic

or, you know, they'll just spend 40 minutes talking about Smash and reveal Fighter 5 will be announced in Feburary.
Imagine if they do a troll reveal similar to Banjo’s and they remake Piranha Plant’s trailer but with Geno taking over it.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
If there´s no announcement on the vga´s, I wonder where this thread mind state will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom