• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
<.< Implying all my games aren't amazing.
But yes Abyss is just wonderful and Luke's adventure really started my passion for Tales so it just can't not be on my list.
I've played and enjoyed Abyss, too. I always found it weird that everyone gave Luke so much **** for that one thing later in the game. Like, he didn't know.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I've played and enjoyed Abyss, too. I always found it weird that everyone gave Luke so much **** for that one thing later in the game. Like, he didn't know.
Ahhh another man of culture. I played it years ago and again with some college friends...good times

Oh right Geno...uuuuuuhhhhh. ACTUALLY!

I want to see a Tales style Mario RPG game! With how buddy buddy Bandai-Namco and Nintendo are, I would not put it past them to AT LEAST look at the possibility.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
He didn't but look at it this way, that accident happened and the first thing on his mind was himself. Faced with a tragedy like that it really highlighted the flaws in his character, and his peers noticed.

Ahhh another man of culture. I played it years ago and again with some college friends...good times

Oh right Geno...uuuuuuhhhhh. ACTUALLY!

I want to see a Tales style Mario RPG game! With how buddy buddy Bandai-Namco and Nintendo are, I would not put it past them to AT LEAST look at the possibility.
That sounds amazing. I've always wished for a Final Fantasy and Tales crossover. I used to wonder what a game like that be like but now FF has become action focused so it seems easier to do. Make it happen please Namco and Square.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I would be down for a remake with tales gameplay, the series is still on my backlog but I like what I see especially if you can have your friends control the other party members. Online would be fantastic but at the same time everyone here would want to be geno probably so I'm not sure how that would work lol.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
He didn't but look at it this way, that accident happened and the first thing on his mind was himself. Faced with a tragedy like that it really highlighted the flaws in his character, and his peers noticed.
If by "first thing on his mind was himself" you mean that he immediately blamed himself for causing it, which is kind of understandable. Not sure how that's a flaw of his that he's really hard on himself for causing that.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Yooo, it's such exciting times right now, Smash speculation is so fun, I love it!! It looks like we're about to reach 1800 pages holy-- this place moves so fast. Let's gooooo.

Also, top 10 games? Off the top of my head:

Sonic Adventure DX
Cave Story
Smash Ultimate
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic Unleashed
Super Mario Galaxy
Sonic Generations
Sonic Advance 2
Sonic Heroes
Super Paper Mario

Lots of Sonic games, I know. I'm a huge Sonic fan and I sadly can't really think of many other games from different franchises I love, my memory is foggy atm.

Last edited:

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Just to pass the time and have something to talk about: If you had to make a top 10 list of your favorite video games what would they be?

Personally mine would look something like this:
1) Mother 3
2) Super Mario RPG
3) Super Smash Bros Ultimate
4) Golden Sun
5) Donkey Kong Country 2
6) Donkey Kong Country
7) Banjo-Kazooie
8) Xenoblade Chronicles 2
9) Undertale
10) Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil

1) Super Mario RPG
2) Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow
3) Halo: Combat Evolved
4) Persona 5
5) Mass Effect 2

6) Portal 2
7) Sonic 3 & Knuckles
8) Fire Emblem: Awakening
9) Donkey Kong Country 2
10) Batman Arkham Asylum

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hey Guys, I'm getting the Sword & Shield spirits right now. just got Corviknight and That Pikachu Look a like that i forgot the name of.

Zac's Realm

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7852-2717-2984
Just to pass the time and have something to talk about: If you had to make a top 10 list of your favorite video games what would they be?

1) Mother 3
2) Super Mario RPG
4) Golden Sun
5) Donkey Kong Country 2
6) Donkey Kong Country
7) Banjo-Kazooie
9) Undertale

1) Danganronpa v3
2) Undertale
3) Persona 5
4) Super Mario RPG
5) Mega Man 11
6) Super Danganronpa 2
7) DooM 2016
8) Kirby's Return to Dreamland
9) Pokemon HG/SS
10) Sonic Mania

This was surprisingly hard to do.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
My favorite game of all time is Final Fantasy 7. The other 9 aren’t in a particular order.

Super Mario World
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Super Mario RPG
Halo 2
Diablo 2
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Mario Kart 64
Donkey Kong Country 2
Kirby Superstar

Geno Boost

Smash Master

1) Mother 3
2) Super Mario RPG
4) Golden Sun
5) Donkey Kong Country 2
6) Donkey Kong Country
7) Banjo-Kazooie
9) Undertale
Oh cool mine would be
1. Super Mario RPG
2. VRchat (I probably spent more than 2000 hours on it lol)
3. SSBU
4. Pokémon B2W2 (more than 999 hours lol)
5. Pokémon mystery dungeon explorer of sky
6. Pokémon ORAS
7. SSBB (my wii count says I opened it more than 400 times)
8. Super Mario galaxy
9. Rayman 3
10. Tomodachi life

Some other mention:
-Club penguin
-Minecraft
-Joy mech fight
-Mario party DS
-Mario party 8
-Mario kart DS
-Mario Kart wii
-Super mario 64 DS
-Crash twinsanity
-Marble saga kororinpa
-Excite truck
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Pokémon Rumble Blast
-Pokepark 2
-Warioware Smooth moves

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
tfw this thread, of all threads, is the one that reminds me of how sick the og halo games were

the geno thread truly never fails to deliver

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
tfw this thread, of all threads, is the one that reminds me of how sick the og halo games were

Halo 1 started it all, Halo 2 had the best and most immersive campaign, Halo 3 had the best standard multiplayer, and Halo Reach perfected custom games.

So goddamn good man.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace

Yeah man, I spent two entire consecutive summers straight playing Halo 2 online with friends back during high school, so I have to include it. Was the most fun I've ever had playing any game online.

Oddly enough, I didn't even have Master Chief in my top 10 wanted characters for Smash until this round of DLC. I guess I just didn't think he had a decent shot until now.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
So we are saying our favorite games of all time, huh? I'll list my Nintendo ones for the sake of brevity.

Super Mario Galaxy & Super Mario Galaxy 2 will likely always be my top games of all time. I fluctuate on which one I prefer (since Galaxy 1 has the better story, tone, and art direction I feel, while Galaxy 2 has better level design), but I usually put them as equals.

• Super Mario Galaxy
• Super Mario Galaxy 2
• Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
• Donkey Kong Country Returns
• The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
• Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
• Pikmin
• Pikmin 2
• Pikmin 3
• Pokémon Platinum
• Pokémon White
• Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
• Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (though maybe Brawl still for some reason)

As an aside, I have list of my most wanted to play Nintendo games. I have a feeling some of these would be in my all-time favorites, but I either haven't gotten around to them or have no means to access them.

• Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
• Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
• Super Mario Sunshine
• Pokémon HeartGold
• Mother 3
• F-ZERO GX

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Yeah man, I spent two entire consecutive summers straight playing Halo 2 online with friends back during high school, so I have to include it. Was the most fun I've ever had playing any game online.

Oddly enough, I didn't even have Master Chief in my top 10 wanted characters for Smash until this round of DLC. I guess I just didn't think he had a decent shot until now.
Man I'm a huge Halo fan and while I'd gladly take Chief I never saw him in the Smash setting and so I never led a charge for his inclusion.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Man I'm a huge Halo fan and while I'd gladly take Chief I never saw him in the Smash setting and so I never led a charge for his inclusion.
I could see him or Doom Slayer fit in quite well really. Not only are they the two most iconic FPS characters, but their enemies and weapons and such aren't as realistic as say, Call of Duty's or a lot of other series. If Smash doesn't want to include realistic guns, they have plenty of explosives and alien weapons to choose from. Plus a spartan fighter has already been in Dead or Alive before, and the Arbiter in Killer Instinct, so they've already had Halo characters in fighting games.

D

Deleted member

What was the last thing happened in that Mii costume leak? Was there any update?

RingJ5

Smash Ace
My favorite games:

1. Bloodborne
2. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission
3. Halo 3
4. The Binding of Isaac
5. Persona 5
6. Dreams
7. We Love Katamari
8. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
9. Super Smash Bros. Melee
10. Super Mario Sunshine

Honorable mentions go to Spider-Man PS4 and Ultimate, the latter of which would easily make top five if it had more single-player options and better online.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If by "first thing on his mind was himself" you mean that he immediately blamed himself for causing it, which is kind of understandable. Not sure how that's a flaw of his that he's really hard on himself for causing that.
You are talking about Akzeriuth right? Because after the destruction his first reaction wasn't "I can't believe these people got hurt or killed" or any other form of sympathy it was immediately "I didn't know better and I can't be blamed for this" even when no one was blaming him. In the worst possible scenario he was only focused on his own well being.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
So...

Because someone hasn't played the game and is upset with the developers for making a low quality product when they loved Pokemon in the past...that means all the information they gathered is null and void?

Also, if you can look past all these glaring issues and the fact that GameFreak cannot and will not improve, then by all means throw 60 bucks at them for a game barely worth 15 bucks. Just keep in mind some of us want Pokemon to be good and to hold GameFreak accountable and you are actively working against that if you buy it new.

Also, people are all over Bethesda for their **** right now, so that comment is no longer valid. Also also, GameFreak is notorious for not patching games after launch, so enjoy getting what you paid for.
I mean...I am enjoying what I paid for and that was kind of my whole point. Stuff has been blown way out of proportion in many ways with these games. I understand the frustration as a long time Pokemon fan (they're my favorite games as there really aren't any other quality games that scratch my itch for monster collecting/battling. You can call them low quality but go ahead and try to find quality games like Pokemon. That's right they don't exist. Because the amount of work it takes to animate all of these creature and put them in a world is more than we realize. If Gamefreak is so lazy and it's so easy to make these games then I know for a fact other companies would capitalize on the concept and be making games like Pokemon and making them better. But it's not easy and that's why Pokemon is the behemoth that it is). I think objective viewpoints from experience are more valid than subjective ones without experience even with evidence shoot me if that's wrong. I don't apologize for buying the games and enjoying them. I don't think you're wrong for being frustrated with Gamefreak because I am too. I don't think you're wrong for critiquing what you see and talking about what frustrates you, but again, objective reviews taking into account gameplay experience that account for pros and cons are more valid (although a truly objective review with something like Pokemon is really kind of impossible). And I also understand that some things are more important to some people than they are to others. If how trees look is so **** important to you then...well....I don't know how to help you.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Since you've played the game, I was wondering if you could confirm a few things for me:

1) Is it true that you can only use dynamaxing in gyms and during max raids?
2) Is it true that the only way to online trade is with people you've friend-coded?
3) Is it true that you can't turn off exp share?
4) How long did it take you to beat the game?
I would be more than happy to answer these for you (if I can)
1. Sort of? I haven't been using dynamaxing too much. You can use it in battle tower as well.
2. I've only done surprise trade and traded with friends. I'm pretty sure GTS is gone, but I'm pretty sure I've seen trade requests from random humans (presumably) when I'm connected to internet. I will try to check this for you when I have internet, but I'm almost certain that you don't have to be friends to trade.
3. That is true yes
4. About 40 hours. I was taking my time and pacing myself tho. It's a relatively short game if you just want to blow through it. I continually went back to the wild area to explore and catch stuff, raid, and was constantly doing surprise traded.

I hope that helps.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's really not much asset wise that hasn't made it over from Smash 4 I feel.
Then again, I would be hard pressed to complain if our line-up was Geno, Heihachi, Monster Hunter, and Lloyd lol. I just feel like comparing these "basic assets" to cut veterans in regards to how Smash 4 did things doesn't really make a ton of sense given just how wide of a gulf there is between Mii costume and character.
You're right, it's definitely not the same but there is strong evidence that the Smash 4 Mii costumes were used as references for both the new characters and assist trophies in Ultimate. The most notable for this is the K. Rool costume and K. Rool fans were definitely right to believe that something was up with it when it got added to Smash 4. The designs of K. Rool's crown, snout and teeth structure, his golden belly, the severity of his tic, his short tail, etc were a mishmash of past and present designs for K. Rool and all wound up being part of the playable K. Rool. To lesser degrees, this can be seen with Chrom, Inkling, and Isabelle too. For example, both Isabelle's Mii costume and playable Isabelle, hilariously enough, have an "ass", a design choice that's not present in the actual Animal Crossing games.

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
super mario rpg
earthbound
chrono trigger
earthbound
super smash bros ultimate
age of empires II
heroes of might & magic III
jimmy and the pulsating mass
rpg maker 2003 (and games made by it)
pokemon heart gold

Top 10 at the moment

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Every time we talk about reusing smash 4 assets I totally forget that includes the miis. Honestly thats the better scenario because
A. Geno
B. Lloyd

MisterMike

Smash Champion
You are talking about Akzeriuth right? Because after the destruction his first reaction wasn't "I can't believe these people got hurt or killed" or any other form of sympathy it was immediately "I didn't know better and I can't be blamed for this" even when no one was blaming him. In the worst possible scenario he was only focused on his own well being.
Actually, everybody blamed Luke for falling for Lord Vaan's diabolical trick. Every last one of them, without exception. In fact, him taking full responsibility for it is his arc from then on.
Every time we talk about reusing smash 4 assets I totally forget that includes the miis. Honestly thats the better scenario because
A. Geno
B. Lloyd
I'm curious, would trophies count as assets that could be reused? Because I'm almost certain that there are some trophies that could be used as the basis for a new fighter.

BoyMan

Smash Cadet
super mario rpg
earthbound
chrono trigger
earthbound
super smash bros ultimate
age of empires II
heroes of might & magic III
jimmy and the pulsating mass
rpg maker 2003 (and games made by it)
pokemon heart gold

Top 10 at the moment
Good man.

My list in no particular order:
Fallout: New Vegas
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Smash Bros Melee
Heroes of Might and Magic III
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Team Fortress 2
The Outer Worlds
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Tales of Vesperia
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Who do you guys think these 4 companies are?
Namco, Capcom, Bethesda, Activision.

Well, I think two of them are Namco and Capcom. The third could be Koei Tecmo but we’re at a point that I think Hayabusa might sadly have been leak bait, but for the sake of argument let’s say that’s third. As for the fourth?

I honestly think it’s Bethesda
But Sabi said FP5 isn't Geno, Doom Slayer, Ryu, or Crash so he has to be someone else...

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Top 10 games?

1) Super Smash Bros Brawl (though Ultimate could top it if Geno makes it)
2) Team Fortress 2
3) F-Zero GX
4) Super Mario RPG: LOTSS
5) Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
6) Mega Man 2 (Although 1-11 can fit here. I can order if requested)
7) Snowboard Kids 1 and 2 (but mostly 2)
8) Paper Mario 64
9) Rayman 2
10) The Simpsons Hit and Run

I admittingly did not play a whole lot of games but these are the ones I either fondly remember putting in a ton of time into or just can confirm are a masterpiece.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Namco, Capcom, Bethesda, Activision.

But Sabi said FP5 isn't Geno, Doom Slayer, Ryu, or Crash so he has to be someone else...
Sabi said it wasn’t Doom Slayer because at that time insiders hadn’t heard literally anything about Doom content in Smash before the Mii Costume ordeal. For Ryu and Crash they had an insider actually say it’s not them. Since the number of potential characters had jumped to 4 I theorize Doom Slayer might be one of them now

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Actually, everybody blamed Luke for falling for Lord Vaan's diabolical trick. Every last one of them, without exception. In fact, him taking full responsibility for it is his arc from then on.
I even rewatched the scene to make sure and not a single one blames Luke. Luke was literally the first person to bring up his involvement in the affair. After Luke's tirade about he couldn't have known and therefore guiltless only then does someone even bring up the fact that Luke was involved. That person was literally Mieu and only because he also got people from his village hurt so he tried to sympathize with Luke only for Luke to treat him with the usual disdain. There was a skit afterwards were Anise hints to Luke's involvement to get him to respond but he doesn't and Jade berates her for wasting time getting Luke to accept any wrong doing. Literally before that everyone was too busy thinking about the situation or focusing on how if only they realized Vaan's plan earlier they could have saved people. Heck even Ion took responsibility for opening the door that allowed Vaan to do what he did but Luke only cared about defending himself. If Luke had even slightly shown some remorse for actions instead of getting defensive he wouldn't have had the party turn on him. From then on decides to change and live a better life in respect for the tragedy he helped cause. At the very least that's my take on it.

Last edited:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
It's been a very long time since I've logged in. Not since the days that terminalmontage was posting here lol.

How's everyone been?

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I have a question, it may be a bit ignorant of me. Would people really get in trouble if just the names of the four/five companies got leaked? Is that damnable enough evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom