• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
Two videos is hella sus. If we get a general direct announcement any time soon, I'm going on high alert for a character to potentially be announced there. Scrambling the aircraft and everything.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , with that thing you mentioned about how DLC 6 & 7 could be like Mewtwo/Roy/Lucas was for Smash 4 in terms of easy development, couldn't they have already negotiated rights for other unique third parties to start off the next batch of DLC coming right after FP5 if they had made the decision for more DLC back last Summer? Does that mean they're supposedly not going to be those kinds of characters like Mewtwo/Roy/Lucas were for Smash 4 that were easier to develop as they took from existing Smash things, making an easier start for an (unexpected?) DLC wave? I mean even so, maybe they'd be a character between passes if it's still going to be another pass of fighters.

P47

Smash Apprentice
Just to pass the time and have something to talk about: If you had to make a top 10 list of your favorite video games what would they be?

Personally mine would look something like this:
1) Mother 3
2) Super Mario RPG
3) Super Smash Bros Ultimate
4) Golden Sun
5) Donkey Kong Country 2
6) Donkey Kong Country
7) Banjo-Kazooie
8) Xenoblade Chronicles 2
9) Undertale
10) Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
  1. Kirby: Planet Robobot
  2. TF2
  3. Super Metroid
  4. Witcher 3
  5. Majora's Mask
  6. Kirby Star Allies
  7. Mario Galaxy 2
  8. Super Mario RPG
  9. Kirby 64
  10. Earthbound
Honorable mentions (in npa): DQ11S (will probably be in the Top 10 by the time I finish it), M&L: Dream Team, Paper Mario, Dragon Age Origins, the other Witcher games, Undertale, Smash Ultimate, OoT, Kirby RtDL, WarioWare Gold, Galaxy 1, FTL

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I wonder how confident the insiders are that Doomguy isnt #5? Things seem like they were significantly shaken up in their speculation, so I could see a surprise reveal of him happening. I think he’s coming regardless tbh, at least by E3.

Just to pass the time and have something to talk about: If you had to make a top 10 list of your favorite video games what would they be?

1) Mother 3
2) Super Mario RPG
4) Golden Sun
5) Donkey Kong Country 2
6) Donkey Kong Country
7) Banjo-Kazooie
9) Undertale
This will be very hard so I’m gonna make it 20 cause im too indecisive

20. Team Fortress Two
19. Pokemon Blue
18. Final Fantasy 7
17.Spore
16. Pokemon White
15. Knights of the Old Republic (still havent finished this one but got mostly through)
14. Starbound
13. Stardew Valley
12. Minecraft
11. Mario Galaxy
10. Halo Reach
9. F Zero GX
8. Pikmin 2
7. Mario Odyssey
6. Final Fantasy 6
5. Breath of the Wild
4. Smash Ultimate
3. Banjo Kazooie
2. Chrono Trigger
1. Banjo Tooie

There’s also a ton of rpgs I gotta finish that I can’t properly judge yet (SMRPG, Xenoblade, Tales of Symphonia, etc.) plus a ton of other ones I love that didn’t make the list (Skyrim, Halo 2, etc)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , with that thing you mentioned about how DLC 6 & 7 could be like Mewtwo/Roy/Lucas was for Smash 4 in terms of easy development, couldn't they have already negotiated rights for other unique third parties to start off the next batch of DLC coming right after FP5 if they had made the decision for more DLC back last Summer? Does that mean they're supposedly not going to be those kinds of characters like Mewtwo/Roy/Lucas were for Smash 4 that were easier to develop as they took from existing Smash things, making an easier start for an (unexpected?) DLC wave? I mean even so, maybe they'd be a character between passes if it's still going to be another pass of fighters.
That's actually a pretty solid theory. You're right that there's no cut characters to put in but there's definitely assets from Smash 4 that could be used to make new fighters.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

1) Mother 3
2) Super Mario RPG
4) Golden Sun
5) Donkey Kong Country 2
6) Donkey Kong Country
7) Banjo-Kazooie
9) Undertale
I only have a top 2 so far

1. Majora's Mask
2. Yoshi's Island

:yoshi:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
That's actually a pretty solid theory. You're right that there's no cut characters to put in but there's definitely assets from Smash 4 that could be used to make new fighters.
cough ...chorus kids...cough

Edit: god I hate how that word is spelt

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion

1) Mother 3
2) Super Mario RPG
4) Golden Sun
5) Donkey Kong Country 2
6) Donkey Kong Country
7) Banjo-Kazooie
9) Undertale
I don't think I could narrow down to just 10 haha. And I think I can speak for some of us, especially over 30, that top 10's are tough to get just right. I will do my best though. In no particular order.

1) Final Fantasy 7
2) Persona 5
3) Mother 3
4) Xenoblade Chronicles 2
5) Xenosaga 3
6) Devil May Cry 3
7) Kingdom Hearts 2
8) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
9) Metal Gear Solid 3
10) Mass Effect 3 (Twas a late bloomer on this series...missed the whole debacle with the ending thanks to them patching it :) )

Honorable Mentions: Zelda: Majora's Mask, Breath of the Wild, Soul Calibur 3, Legend of Legaia, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Vesparia, Tales of Berseria, Super Mario World, God of War (PS4), Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario RPG, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Viewtiful Joe, Banjo and Kazooie, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fire Emblem: The Three Houses, Pokemon Red-Silver-Platinum-Moon, Yukuza Kiwami and Yukuza Zero.

This is for ALL TIME for me. These games certainly shaped me for who I am.
EDIT: Honestly, all these games could just be thrown in and interchange with each other lol.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I only have a top 2 so far

1. Majora's Mask
2. Yoshi's Island

:yoshi:
MAJORA'S MASK?! Not only do you love Yoshi (but I mean, who in their right mind doesn't?), but you also love MY ACTUAL FAVORITE ZELDA GAME?! High. Freaking. FIVE.

Ahem, uh... a top ten? Uh... Sounds hard. I'll do one in no particular order and off the top of my head, because there's no way I can properly rank these.

1) Banjo-Kazooie
2) Sonic Adventure 2
3) Super Mario Odyssey
4) Paper Mario
5) The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
6) Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver (HG is my preference of the two!)
7) Super Mario World
8) Terraria
9) Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (represeeeent!)
10) Diddy Kong Racing

... yeah, it's clear just how much I love the Nintendo 64, let alone games with Banjo in them. Three freaking games of the top ten have Banjo (and two featuring Kazooie!), and Tooie almost made it to the list, but not quite (mostly because I wanted to nail out some variety). If Tooie was on it, that's... a lot of B-K.

... I really, really love them, you guys... :ultbanjokazooie:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
first 3 interchangeable top 3, rest unordered

super smash bros melee
phantasy star universe
super mario galaxy 2
star fox 64
chrono trigger
the legend of zelda breath of the wild
final fantasy 7
yoshis island (first game i ever beat, holds a special place in my heart, still holds up to any platformer to this day)
grand theft auto 5
gears of war 2

honorable mentions: earthbound, sonic adventure 2 battle, tales of symphonia, halo 3, prolly some other **** i forgot about and will think 'how did i forget that' when it inevitably comes to mind later

lol having grand theft auto and gears of war next to yoshis island

Ovaltine

Smash Master
lol having grand theft auto and gears of war next to yoshis island
Well, Yoshi does turn into a helicopter... on top of Baby Mario wielding a gun.

Wait, what do you mean he doesn't own a gun? He never uses one in the game? Yes he does. You just have to beat Poochy Ain't Stupid 100% a hundred times in a row and do fifteen laps around World 1-1 to find the gun, silly.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Wait, what do you mean he doesn't own a gun? He never uses one in the game? Yes he does. You just have to beat Poochy Ain't Stupid 100% a hundred times in a row and do fifteen laps around World 1-1 to find the gun, silly.
What's deadlier? A gun or a torpedo? :yoshi:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
10. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
9. Sonic CD
8. Super Smash Brothers Ultimate
7. Super Mario Sunshine
6.Undertale
5. Shovel Knight
4. Knights of the Old Republic
3. Half-Life 2
2. Fallout: New Vegas
1. Sonic Adventure 2

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer

yeah. lets not forget that nintendo has already made a gta/mario crossover recently so what youre describing is clearly just the next step

proof:

D

Deleted member

don't forget the tax fraud.

For me its:
1. Mother 3

the rest are unordered but I'll number them for the sake of having an ordered list
2. Mega Man Battle Network 3
3. Mega Man X
4. Breath of the Wild
5. Link to the Past
6. Pokemon Soul Silver
7. Gradius V
8. Bomberman 64
9. Super Mario RPG
10. Hollow Knight

I didn't list any primarily multiplayer games because I feel like the multiplayer is what carries them rather than the game itself.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
There's really not much asset wise that hasn't made it over from Smash 4 I feel.

Mii Costumes:
Geno
Heihachi
Lloyd Irving
Monster Hunter
Megaman EXE
Megaman X
Gil
Chocobo

Assist Trophies:
Saki
Elec Man
Magnus
Tingle

That's about it for anything with major assets that could make sense with characters (trophies notwithstanding) that were in Smash 4, but have not currently made the switch to Ultimate, and I feel entirely confident saying that we're not getting another Mega Man character, Gil, Chocobo, or Magnus as playable characters, and mostly confident that Saki and Tingle aren't happening either.

Then again, I would be hard pressed to complain if our line-up was Geno, Heihachi, Monster Hunter, and Lloyd lol. I just feel like comparing these "basic assets" to cut veterans in regards to how Smash 4 did things doesn't really make a ton of sense given just how wide of a gulf there is between Mii costume and character.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Wait a second... if it’s 2 reveals... then Geno could be announced in the game awards... holy crap, not gonna get my hopes up, but holy crap.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Man I gotta play Mother Three. I may or may not have a fanmade cartridge of it, so I dont have much of excuse other than time

Musubi

Smash Apprentice

1) Mother 3
2) Super Mario RPG
4) Golden Sun
5) Donkey Kong Country 2
6) Donkey Kong Country
7) Banjo-Kazooie
9) Undertale
1. Kingdom Hearts III
2. Super Mario RPG
3. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
4. Final Fantasy X
5. Pokemon Moon
6. Kingdom Hearts II
7. Paper Mario: Thousand-Year Door
8. Pokemon Puzzle League
9. Pokemon Blue
10. PlayStation Allstatrs Battle Royal

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Mother 3 is great. I put it in 11th however. Yes, I like Mario Land 2 more then Mother 3.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm really doubting 2 reveals at The Game Awards. Unless one of the two is a super specific type character that fits within the awards show and something else being shown, or is just much more minor compared to the accompanying option, The Game Awards just doesn't seem like the place for two reveals like E3 was as, you know, Nintendo's yearly show.

Now watch me be wrong because I was about The Game Awards last year (though, the "suffering" will be great if we don't actually get a reveal lol).

D

Deleted member

Man I gotta play Mother Three. I may or may not have a fanmade cartridge of it, so I dont have much of excuse other than time
it isn't too long and doesn't require a huge grind like Mother 1 or even Mother 2. All I ask is you don't go into it expecting it to change your life, despite what folks like me may have said about it.

But do prepare to walk away from it as a Lucas main.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Ight I think I can do this... yikes.

10. Project M (Brawl)
9. Super Mario Sunshine
8. Ocarina of Time
7. Luigi's Mansion
6. Thousand Year Door
5. Banjo-Kazooie
4. Earthbound
3. Modern Warfare 2
2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
1. Mother 3

This of course excludes Knack, Knack 2, Knack HD, and the Knack fan game I made in my basement.

D

Deleted member

9. Super Mario Sunshine
I'm frightened.

I'm really doubting 2 reveals at The Game Awards. Unless one of the two is a super specific type character that fits within the awards show and something else being shown, or is just much more minor compared to the accompanying option, The Game Awards just doesn't seem like the place for two reveals like E3 was as, you know, Nintendo's yearly show.

Now watch me be wrong because I was about The Game Awards last year (though, the "suffering" will be great if we don't actually get a reveal lol).
To be fair, if Nintendo shows off two Smash characters at The Game Awards, it's gonna become their show, too. But man, if they don't reveal a character there, they better reveal one beforehand or at least tell us they won't be showing one there. I can't imagine watching The Game Awards for no payoff.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm frightened.

To be fair, if Nintendo shows off two Smash characters at The Game Awards, it's gonna become their show, too. But man, if they don't reveal a character there, they better reveal one beforehand or at least tell us they won't be showing one there. I can't imagine watching The Game Awards for no payoff.
I mean, you either choose to watch The Game Awards or not. They're not nearly as miserable as people say they are/used to be these days, and you will walk away with some cool announcements. I don't think Sakurai and Nintendo have to warn us with this one like with Terry lol.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
it isn't too long and doesn't require a huge grind like Mother 1 or even Mother 2. All I ask is you don't go into it expecting it to change your life, despite what folks like me may have said about it.

But do prepare to walk away from it as a Lucas main.
He’s a borderline secondary of mine. I dont play him as much as I’d like since he’s pretty salt inducing for my friends

StarLight42

Smash Lord

1) Mother 3
2) Super Mario RPG
4) Golden Sun
5) Donkey Kong Country 2
6) Donkey Kong Country
7) Banjo-Kazooie
9) Undertale
Not gonna order them because that’s too difficult

Smash Bros. Ultimate
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Mario Kart Double Dash
The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Sunshine (my favorite game ever)
Super Mario Galaxy
Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom
Minecraft
Runescape

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
Top Ten Games, stuff below the top two was rated with roughly five minutes of thinking:

1. Donkey Kong Country 2
2. Majora's Mask
3. Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver
4. Super Mario Bros. 3
5. Persona 3
6. Chrono Trigger
7. Pokemon Emerald
8. Smash Ultimate
9. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Azure (Ao no Kiseki)
10. Animal Crossing (Gamecube original)

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Top Ten Games, stuff below the top two was rated with roughly five minutes of thinking:

1. Donkey Kong Country 2
2. Majora's Mask
3. Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver
4. Super Mario Bros. 3
5. Persona 3
6. Chrono Trigger
7. Pokemon Emerald
8. Smash Ultimate
9. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Azure (Ao no Kiseki)
10. Animal Crossing (Gamecube original)
I totally forgot about GC animal crossing. I loved that one. Those NES games were awesome

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Not gonna order them because that’s too difficult

Smash Bros. Ultimate
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Mario Kart Double Dash
The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Sunshine (my favorite game ever)
Super Mario Galaxy
Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom
Minecraft
Runescape
Battle for Bikini Bottom had no right to be as good as it was. Like, the amount of love for the source material in that game is rare in licensed games today, let alone in the heyday of terrible movie and cartoon games when it came out

Plank08

Smash Lord
I’ll just do my 10 favorites in no order
Spider-Man PS4
LittleBigPlanet 3
Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Minecraft
Mario Maker 2
Cuphead
Super Metroid
Injustice 2
Untitled Goose Game
There’s so many games I’ve never played that I really want to(DQ11, Luigis mansion 3, Banjo and Kazooie, and Mario RPG to name a few)

Robertroid

Smash Apprentice
Mine, in no particular order:

Super Metroid
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario 3d Land
Super Mario RPG
Donkey Kong Country 2
Recettear
Touhou Hisoutensoku
Solatorobo
Super Mario 64
Cave Story

Yep, I bet half of the list would be unknown for many people ú_ù

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
1. KH2
2. Banjo Kazooie/Tooie
3. .Hack GU
4. FF9
5. DQV
6. Persona 5
7. Super Paper Mario
8. Mario Galaxy
9. Tales of the Abyss
10. Wind Waker

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

1) Mother 3
2) Super Mario RPG
4) Golden Sun
5) Donkey Kong Country 2
6) Donkey Kong Country
7) Banjo-Kazooie
9) Undertale
I'm not even gonna attempt making that lmao, whatever list I come up with I'll be regretting 20 seconds later
Alright, alright, I'm giving in to share a loose top ten of games I'm very fond of, with a one series restriction and in no particular order:

Sonic 3&K/Mania
Pokemon Platinum/Heart Gold
Kirby Super Star Ultra/Return to Dreamland
Donkey Kong Country 2/Tropical Freeze
Banjo Kazooie/Tooie
Zelda Majora's Mask/Twilight Princess
Thousand Year Door
Wario Land 4
Super Mario World/Galaxy

I know, too many platformers, too much Nintendo, too many ties etc, and I could be here all day listing honorable mentions (and as a little taste of that: Crash Bandicoot 3, Rayman Legends, Mario Kart Wii and of course, SMRPG), but this is probably the closest to a satisfactory top 10 favorite games I can conjure up, so ayy, that's neat.

D

Deleted member

In no order,

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Pokémon Heartgold
Super Mario Odyssey
Sonic Riders
Viva Piñata
Ice Age 2: The Meltdown
Super Mario RPG
Angry Birds
Undertale

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Welp, since we’re doing favorite games now, I’ll share mine as well because why not? Probably won’t be in any discernible order, but I might try.

1. Xenoblade Chronicles
2. Pokémon Platinum
3. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
4. Xenoblade Chronicles X
5. Earthbound
6. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
7. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
9. Shovel Knight
10. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

Status
Not open for further replies.