• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Two reveals before or during the VGA would be sweet, though I hope if that's the case we get it before because VGA would be the suckiest place to show off a geno reveal.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
If we know for sure the videos are new then yes, this happens semi-close to something happening usually.

Also it just occurred to me that it could be one reveal but the trailer has a standard version and a “Game Awards” version like Joker’s
Hasn’t every trailer so far had two separate language versions on the official channel? That would be it.

D

Deleted member

If we know for sure the videos are new then yes, this happens semi-close to something happening usually.

Also it just occurred to me that it could be one reveal but the trailer has a standard version and a “Game Awards” version like Joker’s
I don't remember seeing a different version of Joker's. I thought Terry's was the only one they've made two of.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Hasn’t every trailer so far had two separate language versions on the official channel? That would be it.
Oh that’s true, yeah there are US, Japan, and European versions I think.

I don't remember seeing a different version of Joker's. I thought Terry's was the only one they've made two of.
Yeah there’s a version where they actually mention the Game Awards by name that they showed at the show and then a version without that

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
I have faith in Geno, but man if I'm still not nervous about leaks that dont have him for the foreseeable future; even if they are 4chan/lax /blocked content level stuff

Though thanks for assuaging my apprehenshion Fatman. You da best. Eric gang unite cause I'm yet another one in here.

Personal life is a mess atm and my anxiety been off the chain. All of us being united under Geno gives me a sense of comfort.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Do you have reason to believe smash news before the vga is a real possibility or are you just pulling our legs?
I don't know. I was always leaning into at least two reveals by the end of year and this development might mean it's actually happening. I'll need to ask some people in the Discord about past patterns of video uploads.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
So in case anyone here was wondering whether Pokemon Sw&Sld is deserving all the salt it's getting, feast your eyes on this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/dv438w/complete_list_of_all_problems_known_so_far_in/

Very educational.
While I very much appreciate this attempt to help people make educated decisions by backing accusations with evidence, this very clearly comes from someone who is both negatively biased and hasn't actually played the games based on their wording. As someone who loves Pokemon but was fully expecting to be extremely disappointed by Gamefreak yet again, let me tell you that these games actually really surprised me and I truly felt the experience playing through these games was magical in a way that Pokemon hasn't been for so long. Things I thought I would hate I ended up really liking such as dynamaxing/gigantamaxing. I would speak to each individual point they made, but it seems like a moot point since people are either just determined to hate these games no matter what or already have the game and not many people actually seem on the fence. Mexit is actually the most negative thing from this game in my opinion. I've grown to accept Dexit and I can actually see a lot of work that went into Pokemon design and animation this generation at least for a good number of new Pokemon. There are certainly many odd and in some cases infuriating decisions, but overall I'd rather be playing sword/shield than most any other game at the end of the day and it's a better experience. I have to say I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape about graphics and a few glitches on games known for poor graphics and glitches that are quickly rectified when other games with more problems like Fallout and Elder Scrolls are praised so much in spite of them. With only 400 creatures in the game there is still a ton of fun things to do in sword/shield. I think gamers really need a reality check with the whole situation. I regretted Let's Go, but Sword/Shield for me was 100% worth the extra $20 and Dexit and that's saying something since I was rather cynical and debating whether I really even wanted the game.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I don't think anyone's going that far. It's more of a word of mouth thing. "It's Sam I Am!" "No, it's Guy Am I!" That sort of thing.
Sakurai has really gone overboard with the Seuss reps, IMO. Sam I Am is a "who" type of character, why not the Cat in the Hat? Or the who's, as a Pikmin echo? They could be a good rival for the Grinch.

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Two private videos have already been uploaded on the Smash YouTube channel. Seems a bit early given the VGAs are still three weeks off...
This actually seems like the time I'd expect this to happen. Not sure about the rest, but I just did some searching, and there was a private video that went up just about 3 weeks before Hero's release.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Two private videos have already been uploaded on the Smash YouTube channel. Seems a bit early given the VGAs are still three weeks off...
HABBENING?!
GenoWakeUpAngry.png

Maybe they weren't expecting to get a GOTY award so the original plan was to just make their announcement near the show and not during the show?
I think right now we're down to these scenarios:
1 - They're alternate language versions of one trailer. This has happened before so it wouldn't be much of a suprise.
2 - We're going to get a reveal before the VGAs and after. Unlikely, but it could happen.
3 - We're getting a double reveal at the VGAs. Also unlikely, but would be super hype.
4 - The first video is the character reveal trailer, and the second is the livestream presentation for them, and they'll both be shown off at or around the same time. Think of it like this: a reveal at the VGAs, followed by a livestream event a few days later or something.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't think the fifth fighter will reveal at VGA. I've never really felt like they would repeat the same sort of thing and announce there.

If they do announce a character at VGA I think it will be the first post pass character.

D

Deleted member

I have to say I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape about graphics and a few glitches on games known for poor graphics and glitches that are quickly rectified when other games with more problems like Fallout and Elder Scrolls are praised so much in spite of them.
People often use the "it's ok when Nintendo does it" line to insult people justifying poor decisions on Nintendo's part, but they tend to overlook that the pendulum swings both ways on this, and when Nintendo does something legitimately poorly, people absolutely **** on them for it.

I'm ****ing beyond hyped to reveal to the Geno fam that I've been Masahiro Sakurai this whole time.
Oh? That's fantastic.

You have a lot of explaining to do, mister.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I honestly don't think the fifth fighter will reveal at VGA. I've never really felt like they would repeat the same sort of thing and announce there.

If they do announce a character at VGA I think it will be the first post pass character.
I mean they repeated announcements at E3 with Ridley one year and Banjo/Hero the next. These big events are the perfect platform for announcements and there really isn’t a better time to do it considering the character will be likely announced in December and released in January or February. Also the VGAs bringing up Joker’s reveal makes it seem incredibly likely that they’re teasing another reveal. If anything with 2 private videos I could see them doing 2 character announcements or FP 5 and a hint/teaser of the next wave of characters to top last year.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
While I very much appreciate this attempt to help people make educated decisions by backing accusations with evidence, this very clearly comes from someone who is both negatively biased and hasn't actually played the games based on their wording. As someone who loves Pokemon but was fully expecting to be extremely disappointed by Gamefreak yet again, let me tell you that these games actually really surprised me and I truly felt the experience playing through these games was magical in a way that Pokemon hasn't been for so long. Things I thought I would hate I ended up really liking such as dynamaxing/gigantamaxing. I would speak to each individual point they made, but it seems like a moot point since people are either just determined to hate these games no matter what or already have the game and not many people actually seem on the fence. Mexit is actually the most negative thing from this game in my opinion. I've grown to accept Dexit and I can actually see a lot of work that went into Pokemon design and animation this generation at least for a good number of new Pokemon. There are certainly many odd and in some cases infuriating decisions, but overall I'd rather be playing sword/shield than most any other game at the end of the day and it's a better experience. I have to say I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape about graphics and a few glitches on games known for poor graphics and glitches that are quickly rectified when other games with more problems like Fallout and Elder Scrolls are praised so much in spite of them. With only 400 creatures in the game there is still a ton of fun things to do in sword/shield. I think gamers really need a reality check with the whole situation. I regretted Let's Go, but Sword/Shield for me was 100% worth the extra $20 and Dexit and that's saying something since I was rather cynical and debating whether I really even wanted the game.
So...

Because someone hasn't played the game and is upset with the developers for making a low quality product when they loved Pokemon in the past...that means all the information they gathered is null and void?

Also, if you can look past all these glaring issues and the fact that GameFreak cannot and will not improve, then by all means throw 60 bucks at them for a game barely worth 15 bucks. Just keep in mind some of us want Pokemon to be good and to hold GameFreak accountable and you are actively working against that if you buy it new.

Also, people are all over Bethesda for their **** right now, so that comment is no longer valid. Also also, GameFreak is notorious for not patching games after launch, so enjoy getting what you paid for.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Breaking News: Pokémon Sword & Shield have sold 6 million copies worldwide in one week (making them the fastest grossing Nintendo Switch games).

...I'm not exactly happy with this. I want Game Freak and Nintendo to actually see complaints and take them to heart (also, that accomplishment for quickest selling should still belong to Smash). All that statistic shows is that people will just buy anything it seems. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice The other day I asked Nintendo's reaction to the Sword / Shield backlash, and you said you couldn't say anything yet aside from pointing out things that Nintendo has already publicly done.

Well now I'd really like to know what Nintendo and/or Game Freak think after this statistic. Because now I worry they will just be like "oh, false alarm, I guess. Pokémon is fine."
Y’all had one job and that was to not spend your money, and you failed
For shame, it’s literally the best selling one.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Irony is that many of my clients are preparing for Dr. Seuss musicals around the area. Lol

enough of that: LETS GET DAT GENO.

Firox

Smash Master
Since you've played the game, I was wondering if you could confirm a few things for me:

1) Is it true that you can only use dynamaxing in gyms and during max raids?
2) Is it true that the only way to online trade is with people you've friend-coded?
3) Is it true that you can't turn off exp share?
4) How long did it take you to beat the game?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I enjoyed sword and shield a lot more than I thought I would. But it's not fair to completely ignore all the faults because you had fun. Because there is A LOT of faults. Faults im pretty sure Game Freak isn't going to take to heart because it's on track to being the top most selling Pokemon game of all time.

Since you've played the game, I was wondering if you could confirm a few things for me:

1) Is it true that you can only use dynamaxing in gyms and during max raids?
2) Is it true that the only way to online trade is with people you've friend-coded?
3) Is it true that you can't turn off exp share?
4) How long did it take you to beat the game?
1. Yes.
2. Not exactly. You can still trade with random people. But it's this weird code system that you have to share with your friends each time you want to trade. Other then that you put up a trade request to the entire server and you get someone at random.
3. Yup. Stays on all the time.
4. My run took me about 45 hours. But I wasn't exactly rushing through it.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Half life has a new original game and its locked behind VR. :( looks good though
As much as this sucks for most people once technology advances enough for gaming to officially make the jump to vr believe me you'll wonder how 3d gaming ever worked without it.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Ideally, Game Freak should listen to the criticism their game received and address them in the future in some way, but judging by their past actions, they'll just shrug it off with those killer sales figures and wallow in their complacency, unfortunately.

No ill will to people who liked Sword and Shield or even to the developers, hell, I think the games might be fun and I plan to buy one of them second hand. It's just a crying shame to me that in an age where it's easier to become aware of this sort of stuff, the devs behind freaking Pokemon, the highest grossing media franchise in the world, are still lagging behind

link2702

Smash Champion
Half life has a new original game and its locked behind VR. :( looks good though
Hey, at least it shows they haven’t forgotten about half-life.

Also they made sure it was clear it’s a spin-off since it’s not hl3. It does suck of course that it’s vr only since I don’t have a vr headset either, but I’m more relieved that they at least haven’t abandoned half life completely. Cuz at this point, valve really doesn’t have to make any games anymore, Steam has become the platform to sell your pc games on, valve is making a fortune here and technically doesn’t ever have to make a new game themselves again.

So i guess what I’m getting at is be glad we got this as opposed to having the series continue to collect dust...

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I honest to god can’t believe we got a new Half Life before Mother 3. I know it’s not Half Life 3 but it is the third Half Life game

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Sabi Gordon.jpg

So the Monsun leak might not have been trolling after all. But ultimately we don't know. Maybe Gordon could be #5. Maybe not.

What if Gordon was #5, but the Mii Costume leak was real and we got Doom Slayer and Geno as well? We just get them a little later. Like March or something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just to pass the time and have something to talk about: If you had to make a top 10 list of your favorite video games what would they be?

Personally mine would look something like this:
1) Mother 3
2) Super Mario RPG
3) Super Smash Bros Ultimate
4) Golden Sun
5) Donkey Kong Country 2
6) Donkey Kong Country
7) Banjo-Kazooie
8) Xenoblade Chronicles 2
9) Undertale
10) Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
I dunno if no one said it, but the privated videos are just old ads that were archived. The playlist itself hasn't been updated since November 8th.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
As much as this sucks for most people once technology advances enough for gaming to officially make the jump to vr believe me you'll wonder how 3d gaming ever worked without it.
I keep hearing that. I swear everyone I've spoken to who uses VR treats this game like the second coming. I've been called narrow minded for being disappointed that this isn't available as a traditional game (and for hoping that Half Life 3 ISN'T vr) I keep hearing about this mythical future promised land where VR is perfect and every game will use it and it won't be cost prohibitive. I just don't get it. I'm not interested in paying an exorbitant fee for a VR headset and extra neck strain.
Forgive my rant, I promise it's not directed at you, but the adoration for VR feels a bit cultish almost.

Hey, at least it shows they haven’t forgotten about half-life.

Also they made sure it was clear it’s a spin-off since it’s not hl3. It does suck of course that it’s vr only since I don’t have a vr headset either, but I’m more relieved that they at least haven’t abandoned half life completely. Cuz at this point, valve really doesn’t have to make any games anymore, Steam has become the platform to sell your pc games on, valve is making a fortune here and technically doesn’t ever have to make a new game themselves again.

So i guess what I’m getting at is be glad we got this as opposed to having the series continue to collect dust...
For the amount of gameplay I will get out of it, the series might as well be collecting dust, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I honest to god can’t believe we got a new Half Life before Mother 3. I know it’s not Half Life 3 but it is the third Half Life game
I think disregarding the expansions and arena games this is the fifth, if we’re counting ep1 and 2
View attachment 247574
So the Monsun leak might not have been trolling after all. But ultimately we don't know. Maybe Gordon could be #5.

What if Gordon was #5, but the Mii Costume leak was real and we got Doom Slayer and Geno as well? We just get them a little later. Like March or something.
I would be estatic tbh. And no Namco rep for #5 leaves the door open for Lloyd still

D

Deleted member

Well, well, well Star Wars yeah I don't much about the series but I did see the Force Awakens and really enjoyed it. One day I hope too see the originals and think their cool.

I like Pokemon Sword and Shield the Gym challenge, and battles are fun and feel important, esspescially with the fans interaction and such. Plus the Pokemon and new features are great.

But Dynamax won't be back the Wild area could have been expanded upon. Plus the return of Not every Pokemon and looking like a 3DS game is not helping. Still good game I liked it. Happy it's doing well but Game Freak please make changes it's needed and people want the series to evolve.

Now based on Fatmanonice's comments I'm excited. Geno being talked about Nintendo knowing about Banjo & Kazooie and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 awesome. I love this company and it's one if my favourites so any gaming news from them is always good.

Maybe two reveals of just one at the VGA's. I'm excited

Will keep an eye out for fake leads should be fun...

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I'm not going to order them but my favorites would be

pokemon, from crystal to B2W2, big fan of mystery dungeon 1 and 2 as well.
luigi's mansion 1
Super mario galaxy
Majora's mask
the entire custom robo series
final fantasy 5,6
dragon quest 4,5
earthbound
SMRPG
Paper mario TTYD
chrono trigger
igarashi's metroidvanias
golden sun duology
smash ultimate
MK2
CvS2
fire emblem from 1 to 10
mega man, almost all of them
splatoon 1
most good bullet hells

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Just to pass the time and have something to talk about: If you had to make a top 10 list of your favorite video games what would they be?

1) Mother 3
2) Super Mario RPG
4) Golden Sun
5) Donkey Kong Country 2
6) Donkey Kong Country
7) Banjo-Kazooie
9) Undertale
Ooo GS, DKC, BK, and XC2, truly a person of culture.

Every time I try to make one of these I think too hard about it but I’m gonna try lol
1. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
4. Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door
5. Luigi’s Mansion
6. Custom Robo
7. Mario & Luigi Bowser’s Inside Story
8. Metroid Prime
9. Donkey Kong 64
10. Fire Emblem Three Houses

Ask me again in 5 minutes and I guarantee I’ll give a different list lol, and I tried not to repeat series, the top 4 are probably a lock though

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Now based on Fatmanonice's comments I'm excited. Geno being talked about Nintendo knowing about Banjo & Kazooie and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 awesome. I love this company and it's one if my favourites so any gaming news from them is always good.
For as much crap we fans give Nintendo, they’re probably the best company in the industry rn. They consistently put out multiple high quality games in-house each year, and most the 2nd party stuff is good too. I guess that’s why we have such a low tolerance for sub-par to average games from them

T2by4

Smash Lord
Im telling ya'll, Geno would be a really good way to kickoff the next dlc pass. Get on to finish the pass and Geno to introduce the next one. Showing Geno first would IMMEDIATELY get people onboard with whatever plan they have next regarding DLC.

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
In no particular order (Yes, I know this is technically more than 10):
1. Super Mario RPG
2. Chrono Trigger
3. Kingdom Hearts (the first one)
4. Xenoblade Chronicles
5. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky
6. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
7. Final Fantasy V & IX
8. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
9. Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
10. Dragon Quest III, IX, & XI

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

1) Mother 3
2) Super Mario RPG
4) Golden Sun
5) Donkey Kong Country 2
6) Donkey Kong Country
7) Banjo-Kazooie
9) Undertale
I'm not even gonna attempt making that lmao, whatever list I come up with I'll be regretting 20 seconds later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom