• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hey guys. This is a somewhat serious post so bear with me.

-You all have probably noticed that I've been spending a lot of time on Papagenos' Discord and there's several reasons behind that:

1. I want to be more personable to more people so I'm more than just a random name that show us on 4chan and YouTube. I want people to know why I am the way that I am and why I do what I do.

2. To better clear misinformation about insider info and be more direct with Smash and Nintendo fans. There's a lot of misconceptions of what people like Sabi and Verge actually do and I want to help clear the air some.

3. To try to make the rest of the Circle of Ten more personable too, especially Sabi. They've been getting a lot of crap lately despite having an impeccable record. I haven't agreed with everything they've done but I'll still defend them and their sources. Because of Sabi, I was able to learn that Nintendo has actually talked about Geno in an official capacity and knew about Banjo and the Breath of the Wild sequel 2 1/2 months before a vast majority of the world. I don't think people grasp how big of a deal these are to me. Not to rub it in but I've been a Nintendo fan for almost 30 years and having a front row seat to some of the biggest bombshells the company has ever dropped has been amazing and I'm incredibly grateful to them and the 8 other members.

-The essay is coming along but it's become significantly bigger than I originally intended. It's going to be massive. I finished the outline of it today and it's 10 sections covering 8 topics that I want to examine to fully explain my reasoning behind having strong confidence in Geno being post past. It's the biggest Smash essay I've written in over a decade and I'm treating it with a degree of seriousness that I treated my thesis. An hour or two? I wish... This is probably going to take me a couple of weeks and I want to have it done by the VGAs.

-Finally, I want to talk about the coming weeks. On Papagenos'Discord yesterday, I said we got a tip that there was a strong possibility that #5 would start making the rounds among lower level insiders within the next week or two. Yes, this sounds great but it's going to be complicated but also kind of thrilling. Consider this a warning...

Following Terry's reveal, we were pretty confident that #5 would probably boil down to 3 characters we heard or someone totally random. Time went on and things seemed to whittle down and I made my own theory. Things have somewhat changed, however, and it's become a little more complex. There's now 4 realistic candidates that we've heard and, to make it more convoluted, they're all from different companies but share some rather coincidental similarities that I can't go into. Here comes the "fun" part...

The Steve leakbait was pushed by Microsoft itself and the Seven Squares was arguably an attempt at a misinformation campaign by Square itself. The fact the character names come from different companies suggests that Nintendo itself is pushing these names. That said, they seem to have gone the extra mile to muddy the waters. That said, expect a ton of false leads and misinformation in the coming days.

Being part of "Sabi's Crew" for the past year has taught me a few things. For starters, beware of people pushing things too hard. This is a common mistake of really low level insiders or people who have seemingly legit information fall in their laps. Skepticism is always a good thing. Nothing should ever be taken as 100%. Other things to consider: the source/s, and who supports it and why. Nintendo seems to be pretty adamant about nothing from the VGAs getting out so, if you're frustrated now, it's probably about to get a lot more frustrating so you may want to jump ship if this sort of stuff genuinely stresses you out. Despite all this, I'm still standing by my theory but I'm also a lot more skeptical of my own conclusions too.
Thanks for the heads up on this. Whatever the truth is regarding fighter #5, it's going to be a big one no doubt

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Finally...something to look forward too. This is why I speculate. Now there are FOUR possible/realistic candidates for Fighter 5 AND they are from different companies?

Sounds like things are about to get loud soon. Buckle up ladies and gentleman!

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Predicting now: The four characters from different companies with similarities are Master Chief, Doomguy, Gordon Freeman/a TF2 class, and... not sure of the fourth one, maybe someone from Overwatch?

That does not mean that any of them are even happening, all four could be bait.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Say Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , what are your thoughts on Gordon Freeman being #5? Like legitimately.
I'm not counting on it. There's a lot of reasons but, kind of like I explained in my last post, Nintendo seems to really be going out of its way to hide #5 but any possible VGA announcement that I doubt anyone stumbled on this so easily. Granted, I don't think this means #5 will be an earth shattering deal, just that Nintendo has stepped up leak prevention.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
If Nintendo is so adamant at keeping the VGA reveal a secret, maybe it's better if insiders just......take a break from leaks this time? I mean, are jobs on the line if someone DOESN'T leak?

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Hey guys. This is a somewhat serious post so bear with me.

-You all have probably noticed that I've been spending a lot of time on Papagenos' Discord and there's several reasons behind that:

1. I want to be more personable to more people so I'm more than just a random name that show us on 4chan and YouTube. I want people to know why I am the way that I am and why I do what I do.

2. To better clear misinformation about insider info and be more direct with Smash and Nintendo fans. There's a lot of misconceptions of what people like Sabi and Verge actually do and I want to help clear the air some.

3. To try to make the rest of the Circle of Ten more personable too, especially Sabi. They've been getting a lot of crap lately despite having an impeccable record. I haven't agreed with everything they've done but I'll still defend them and their sources. Because of Sabi, I was able to learn that Nintendo has actually talked about Geno in an official capacity and knew about Banjo and the Breath of the Wild sequel 2 1/2 months before a vast majority of the world. I don't think people grasp how big of a deal these are to me. Not to rub it in but I've been a Nintendo fan for almost 30 years and having a front row seat to some of the biggest bombshells the company has ever dropped has been amazing and I'm incredibly grateful to them and the 8 other members.

-The essay is coming along but it's become significantly bigger than I originally intended. It's going to be massive. I finished the outline of it today and it's 10 sections covering 8 topics that I want to examine to fully explain my reasoning behind having strong confidence in Geno being post past. It's the biggest Smash essay I've written in over a decade and I'm treating it with a degree of seriousness that I treated my thesis. An hour or two? I wish... This is probably going to take me a couple of weeks and I want to have it done by the VGAs.

-Finally, I want to talk about the coming weeks. On Papagenos'Discord yesterday, I said we got a tip that there was a strong possibility that #5 would start making the rounds among lower level insiders within the next week or two. Yes, this sounds great but it's going to be complicated but also kind of thrilling. Consider this a warning...

Following Terry's reveal, we were pretty confident that #5 would probably boil down to 3 characters we heard or someone totally random. Time went on and things seemed to whittle down and I made my own theory. Things have somewhat changed, however, and it's become a little more complex. There's now 4 realistic candidates that we've heard and, to make it more convoluted, they're all from different companies but share some rather coincidental similarities that I can't go into. Here comes the "fun" part...

The Steve leakbait was pushed by Microsoft itself and the Seven Squares was arguably an attempt at a misinformation campaign by Square itself. The fact the character names come from different companies suggests that Nintendo itself is pushing these names. That said, they seem to have gone the extra mile to muddy the waters. That said, expect a ton of false leads and misinformation in the coming days.

Being part of "Sabi's Crew" for the past year has taught me a few things. For starters, beware of people pushing things too hard. This is a common mistake of really low level insiders or people who have seemingly legit information fall in their laps. Skepticism is always a good thing. Nothing should ever be taken as 100%. Other things to consider: the source/s, and who supports it and why. Nintendo seems to be pretty adamant about nothing from the VGAs getting out so, if you're frustrated now, it's probably about to get a lot more frustrating so you may want to jump ship if this sort of stuff genuinely stresses you out. Despite all this, I'm still standing by my theory but I'm also a lot more skeptical of my own conclusions too.
I am strapped in and ready for action.
the last Jedi still not gud

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Hey Man, i just found out today that The Dragon Prince's 3rd season is coming out tomorrow.
Yep lol. I can't wait! I'm going to watch it right at 3am when it releases.

Predicting now: The four characters from different companies with similarities are Doomguy, Master Chief, Gordon Freeman, and... not sure of the fourth one, maybe someone from Overwatch?
Hey, I'm down for that.
I'm not counting on it. There's a lot of reasons but, kind of like I explained in my last post, Nintendo seems to really be going out of its way to hide #5 but any possible VGA announcement that I doubt anyone stumbled on this so easily. Granted, I don't think this means #5 will be an earth shattering deal, just that Nintendo has stepped up leak prevention.
The leak is just a ****post I don't buy. The reason I bring it up is mostly due to how Half-Life: Alyx is now a thing and people are starting to speculate Gordon is a fighter for multiple reasons. One being he's because he's unexpected, another being because Half-Life is a big iconic franchise that Sakurai has played. There was also that rumored Half-Life game for Switch that Nintendo went to Valve for. Of course, that game got canceled.

Last edited:

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
Yes! He and Samus took a trip to Transformers land once

Let it be known that Geno has had as many appearances in Transformers media as he has in the Mario franchise outside of Super Mario RPG, so therefore in addition to now being a Star Wars character he is now also a Transformer
Now I'm kinda convinced that Samus should be in Geno's reveal trailer if he gets in. They were together in Transformers, and Samus also made an appearance in SMRPG. They could be good friends for all we know.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
In response to the last page:

I haven't played the new Pokémon games yet, but they still look fun and good to me. Objectively, maybe won't be as great as others, as the issues do concern me, but people have had good fun with them and I expect the same.

I don't think it's comparable to a crappy echo pass or whatever. It's not objectively fantastic or horrible, though you can objectively say it's not as good as it could be if TPC gave Game Freak more time and they had more know-how.

As for the insider stuffs...I got nothin', it's interesting though.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Since Geno isn't Fighter #5, I honestly just want it to be someone nobody is talking about.
I expect that to be the case. Although, it could honestly be the 4 their are making the rounds.

However, I have a hunch we are about to get a pseudo Joker/Terry situation.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wouldn't it be a waste of resources to create 3-4 different models for characters not being in the game to fool leakers? I mean yeah I get leak prevention and all but it seems like an excessive, costly measure by the devs just to ensure the surprise isn't ruined.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wouldn't it be a waste of resources to create 3-4 different models for characters not being in the game to fool leakers? I mean yeah I get leak prevention and all but it seems like an excessive, costly measure by the devs just to ensure the surprise isn't ruined.
I don't think anyone's going that far. It's more of a word of mouth thing. "It's Sam I Am!" "No, it's Guy Am I!" That sort of thing.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hm, out of pure laziness, would someone mind catching me up on this "Four Characters" nonsense?
No one knows, but Fatman has stated before their were 3 names floating around a while ago. Now it seems their is a 4th name in the mix and they are all from a different company.

EDIT: The inner circle know, we, the community, do not. So we can guess/speculate who it is.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Now I'm kinda convinced that Samus should be in Geno's reveal trailer if he gets in. They were together in Transformers, and Samus also made an appearance in SMRPG. They could be good friends for all we know.
The trailer opens with Samus walking through a dark forest, her ship laying wrecked in the background. As she makes her way through the dark forest, the scene cuts to dark shadows speeding near-silently through the brush. Samus begins to look around cautiously, when suddenly a shooting star falls from the sky and lands in a nearby bush. She readies her gun and is ready to fire a volley of plasma shots, when something leaps out from behind the foliage. That something is... KIRBY! With a cutesy "Poyo!", Kirby hands Samus a Maxim Tomato. But before Samus can grab this most gracious gift, a hoard of Dark Links leap out, brandishing their swords! Samus and Kirby nimbly dodge the strikes and begin to fend off the attackers. They unfortunately find themselves overpowered, and the Links prepare to fire a volley of arrows to finish them off. But right as the arrows are about to make contact, a mysterious being jumps in front and deflects them back at the Links, sending them flying. The figure turns around to reveal himself. Cue splash screen.
In response to the last page:

I haven't played the new Pokémon games yet, but they still look fun and good to me. Objectively, maybe won't be as great as others, as the issues do concern me, but people have had god fun with them and I expect the same.
How can people have god fun when they cut Arceus? :ultpacman:

D

Deleted member

Honestly since Geno isn't the fifth DLC character I do want it to be Reimu as she'd bring a lot of amazing music and she'd be very interesting moveset-wise and being an indie (more like the indie imo) so I'd love for her to be character #5 but I do doubt it especially if we get #5 revealed at the VGAs.

The event is simply and primarily a western event which would conflict with Reimu primarily being a Japanese character and being relatively obscure over here if not very obscure. I just don't see how the event would line-up well for her which is a shame.

But yeah if no Geno then I'd like it to be Reimu but even then that doesn't seem likely so all I want is just someone that would break the internet like Kratos, Master Chief, Steve, Etc.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't think anyone's going that far. It's more of a word of mouth thing. "It's Sam I Am!" "No, it's Guy Am I!" That sort of thing.
True but then again, Hitagi mentioned back in November last year that his source saw a model of Steve and he kinda boasted about that. So I figured that might have been the case.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Im guessing the answer is no but have there been any more developments in terms of the leaked SMRPG mii costume list and/or mii hat video leak being fake or real?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Important question.

Do you like green eggs and ham?
Would you eat them in a box?
Would you eat them with a fox?
Would you eat them with a puppet?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That aside, yes, I never once thought Decidueye had a chance in the roster. At first it was just 'we always get a Pokemon each year and Greninja is proof that Sakurai will do what it takes to get a new mon into the game, so a new pokemon is definitely happening' but then it was 'I feel like Incineroar brings the most to the table' and then Decidueye was in Pokken and then I added up facts about Incineroar and it was a lock for me from there but I was mostly quiet. Then Vergeben said it was Incineroar and everyone **** on him due to Grinch Ruse and I trolled around calling him our Smash Prophet as I was convinced he was right and i kept telling people that they should think about it more...and look what happened.

So yeah, I guess I can add Incineroar to my list of Smash stuff I said was coming due to using facts and logic, alongside Banjo-kazooie, more DLC characters, and Terry before the insiders 100% confirmed him. May be able to add another one soon...
Just to throw my two cents in the ring, I'm not sure why people ever acted or still act like Incineroar maybe wasn't going to be the shillmon. Since one of the only facts we know for sure about Smash is that every title has to bring a current generation Pokemon with it, we know for a fact we're doomed to get one until the sun fizzles. At E3 2018, I called him and Ken, they were the easiest guesses of my life. There was no way we'd get a Pokemon that isn't a starter, ther was no way we were getting mermaid man, and Decidueye just didn't seem like the kind of thing that'd happen. Incineroar is a cool looking Pokemon who, compared to someone like Pikachu and Jigglypuff, actually has some business in a fighting game. The heel wrestler archetype is really neat and seems to be rarely explored, and in general, I really like Incineroar to the point that I admit I actually wanted him. Obviously it would have been a lot better had they not ended the roster on him, but hey, Smash pacing.

Still a standstill on that.
It's kind of crazy that it's managed to last this long.

D

Deleted member

Two private videos have already been uploaded on the Smash YouTube channel. Seems a bit early given the VGAs are still three weeks off...
maybe it's for a double reveal at the VGAs or possibly there'll just be a mini direct for Smash that goes over FP5 and details the post-pass DLC w/a reveal and all.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Two private videos have already been uploaded on the Smash YouTube channel. Seems a bit early given the VGAs are still three weeks off...
Well there’s definitely nothing Thanksgiving/Black Friday week but there could be something the week before the VGAs

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Maybe they weren't expecting to get a GOTY award so the original plan was to just make their announcement near the show and not during the show?

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
This is what happens when you mess with the natural order and cut Arceus.
The removal of God himself ****ed up the balance of the universe and now we're seeing its effects

Tfw your internet ****s up so bad you sextuple post
Part of that is because I was initially writing on mobile and then I switched to my PC only to have the same result. But lmao, that was quite some ****

Would anyone mind calling an admin to clean up this mess?

EDIT: Oh good, it's already fixed

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Do you have reason to believe smash news before the vga is a real possibility or are you just pulling our legs?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe they weren't expecting to get a GOTY award so the original plan was to just make their announcement near the show and not during the show?
I meaaan they were surprised to hear that they were getting a GOTY nomination based off of Sakurai's recent comments so maybe. I doubt it though but it's possible.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Hot diggity damn, the aftermath of my **** up distracted me from this bombshell. We're potentially getting two reveals in the VGAs? Let's go, boys!

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I mean, has that always been indicative that something is going to happen soon?
If we know for sure the videos are new then yes, this happens semi-close to something happening usually.

Also it just occurred to me that it could be one reveal but the trailer has a standard version and a “Game Awards” version like Joker’s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom