• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I keep hearing that. I swear everyone I've spoken to who uses VR treats this game like the second coming. I've been called narrow minded for being disappointed that this isn't available as a traditional game (and for hoping that Half Life 3 ISN'T vr) I keep hearing about this mythical future promised land where VR is perfect and every game will use it and it won't be cost prohibitive. I just don't get it. I'm not interested in paying an exorbitant fee for a VR headset and extra neck strain.
Forgive my rant, I promise it's not directed at you, but the adoration for VR feels a bit cultish almost.

For the amount of gameplay I will get out of it, the series might as well be collecting dust, as far as I'm concerned.
I totally understand that. I don't actually have a vr set myself but had a colleague for a while who did. But what little time I did get to spend with it was amazing and the first time I played an actual game with it is potentially the most incredible gaming experience I have ever had, like even games that are decent to good on their own with proper integration easily can hold their own or even beat out most of the titles I just listed above and I fully mean that. Once the issue of freeform movement is solved I will never play a 3d game without it again if given the opportunity. I could type out an essay about that one experience alone. During and since I have spent countless hours during work or other activities just thinking about what x or y game would be like with good vr integration. I get it might not be everyone's cup of tea especially until they get the price down but I'm yet to find something I don't think I couldn't enjoy on a whole different level.

Last edited:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
If the last rep was from Half-Life, that would be awesome. It would be an excellent addition to the roster and would surprise a ton of folks.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Just to pass the time and have something to talk about: If you had to make a top 10 list of your favorite video games what would they be?

Personally mine would look something like this:
1) Mother 3
2) Super Mario RPG
3) Super Smash Bros Ultimate
4) Golden Sun
5) Donkey Kong Country 2
6) Donkey Kong Country
7) Banjo-Kazooie
8) Xenoblade Chronicles 2
9) Undertale
10) Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
There´s not really an order but still:
1) Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3
2) Need For Speed Most Wanted
3) Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing
4) Black
5) Super Smash Bros Brawl
6) Pepsiman
7) Tekken 5
8) Gran Turismo 4
9) Counter Strike 1.6
10) Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 247574
So the Monsun leak might not have been trolling after all. But ultimately we don't know. Maybe Gordon could be #5.

What if Gordon was #5, but the Mii Costume leak was real and we got Doom Slayer and Geno as well? We just get them a little later. Like March or something.

This dude is for sure trolling. On the star road server someone posted a screen shot of the dude begging sabi not to debunk the leak till papa genos makes a video on it. I dont know about you but that just screams it’s fake to me.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I keep hearing that. I swear everyone I've spoken to who uses VR treats this game like the second coming. I've been called narrow minded for being disappointed that this isn't available as a traditional game (and for hoping that Half Life 3 ISN'T vr) I keep hearing about this mythical future promised land where VR is perfect and every game will use it and it won't be cost prohibitive. I just don't get it. I'm not interested in paying an exorbitant fee for a VR headset and extra neck strain.
Forgive my rant, I promise it's not directed at you, but the adoration for VR feels a bit cultish almost.

For the amount of gameplay I will get out of it, the series might as well be collecting dust, as far as I'm concerned.
I have VR, and it’s pretty great. However, I’m not exactly a proponent of the whole “every game should use it” technique, because, well, my right hand has cerebral palsy and can’t manipulate the motion controllers, so a full industry transition to VR would leave me completely in the dust on most titles.

Anyway, that Gordon thing seems like a repeat of that base-game Dante leak to me, a leaker with legit info tacking on a totally fake Smash reveal at the end.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Half life has a new original game and its locked behind VR. :( looks good though
I hope I’m not too late to talk about this, but this looks amazing for a VR game.

Regardless I’m just happy Half Life is back. 12 years later and we finally get to see it return

D

Deleted member

For as much crap we fans give Nintendo, they’re probably the best company in the industry rn. They consistently put out multiple high quality games in-house each year, and most the 2nd party stuff is good too. I guess that’s why we have such a low tolerance for sub-par to average games from them
Agreed and yeah not all of their games are perfect and should be critized if their bad. But I'm happy with all they delivered so thank goodness. But if it's bad we'll let them know heh. But respect to them with all they've given.

Seems like the videos are adds oh well. We still will get something big at VGA's. Or even if it's not should be fun.

Top 10 favourite games

1. Super Mario Odyssey

2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

3. Super Mario Galaxy

4. Pokemon Sun and Moon

5. Pokemon Sword and Shield

6. Spyro Reignited Trilogy

7. Red Dead Redemption 2

8. Spider-Man

9. Assasin's Creed Brotherhood

10. The Sly Collection

Last edited by a moderator:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I totally understand that. I don't actually have a vr set myself but had a colleague for a while who did. But what little time I did get to spend with it was amazing and the first time I played an actual game with it is potentially the most incredible gaming experience I have ever had, like even games that are decent to good on their own with proper integration easily can hold their own or even beat out most of the titles I just listed above and I fully mean that. Once the issue of freeform movement problem is solved I will never play a 3d game without it again if given the opportunity. I could type out an essay about that one experience alone. During and since I have spent countless hours during work or other activities just thinking about what x or y game would be like with good vr integration. I get it might not be everyone's cup of tea especially until they get the price down but I'm yet to find something I don't think I couldn't enjoy on a whole different level.
My issue isn't even VR, at this point, though it is an issue, mostly due to a relative disinterest. My issue is mainly the people who talk about it (Not you, of course, this is on other sites), oh my stars, it's the most punchable text I've ever read, The smugness that oozes from every sentence is the stuff they write south park episodes about. I've seen people going off about how this game "simply MUST be VR" and how this game is going to create a boom for VR that will make everything good and perfect and affordable. I've heard about how it's good for ALL games (which disregards the fact that retro styled games, and other genres exist that don't gel with the VR experience) And to top it all off I get called narrow minded (I kid you not, that's what every single one of them said exactly) for being the slightest bit irked by it. AUGH! VR is farmersonly dot com, and I'm the city folk that just don't get it.

Last edited:

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
This dude is for sure trolling. On the star road server someone posted a screen shot of the dude begging sabi not to debunk the leak till papa genos makes a video on it. I dont know about you but that just screams it’s fake to me.
Could you share the screenshot, please?

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
My issue isn't even VR, at this point, though it is an issue, mostly due to a relative disinterest. My issue is mainly the people who talk about it, oh my stars, it's the most punchable text I've ever read, The smugness that oozes from every sentence is the stuff they write south park episodes about. I've seen people going off about how this game "simply MUST be VR" and how this game is going to create a boom for VR that will make everything good and perfect and affordable. I've heard about how it's good for ALL games (which disregards the fact that retro styled games, and other genres exist that don't gel with the VR experience) And to top it all off I get called narrow minded (I kid you not, that's what every single one of them said exactly) for being the slightest bit irked by it. AUGH! VR is farmersonly dot com, and I'm the city folk that just don't get it.
Well I don't go out too far on the net but I don't doubt that such a culture exists. And while I never mentioned it explicitly I never said everything should be vr only and forever, 2d simply doesn't work because that's not the world we live in (though I think it could greatly improve control and presentation possibilities like some of the OS software people are starting to work on) and if your not looking for that type of experiance then it's obviously a waste of time. That said I didn't really care about it much either until I gave it a try, so at the very least I would highly recommend you give it a chance if you ever have the opportunity. I can see how it might look cheesy from the outside but as long as there are good devs behind it, it genuinely feels like your inside the game and this half life thing has me excited. Sadly our controllers broke after an accident with another friend( lets just say it did it's job a bit TOO well) but I might be willing to help pay for replacements if it turns out as good as the trailer make it look.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
If the last rep was from Half-Life, that would be awesome. It would be an excellent addition to the roster and would surprise a ton of folks.
Never played Half-Life, but I certainly wouldn't be mad if Gordon Freeman got in whatsoever. Something I'm wondering though, what kind of Mii Fighter costumes do you guys think he would he come with?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Never played Half-Life, but I certainly wouldn't be mad if Gordon Freeman got in whatsoever. Something I'm wondering though, what kind of Mii Fighter costumes do you guys think he would he come with?
Probably a bunch of Mii Gunner costumes based on characters from Portal, Team Fortress 2, and Left 4 Dead, plus a Headcrab Hat.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Headcrab Hat
Alyx Vance Costume
Combine Costume
Chell Costume

I would guess. Four costumes sound right. Focusing on Half-Life and Portal.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Since I don't mind whoever gets spot 5 on the Fighter's Pass (as I know it won't be Geno, his chances are solely post-pass), everything going on right now with the final FP challenger is just... very, very interesting and fun to me. I'm actually really jazzed, whoever it is!

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
If I don’t see a Barney Calhoun Mii costume I will RIOT

i am talking about half life too much in the geno thread. Let’s talk about Super Mario RPG! What’s everyone’s favorite Super Mario RPG enemy?

D

Deleted member

Rise and Shine Mr. Freeman

Your prescience is required in a place where many femilar and stranges faces do battle.

Good luck and do win! Yes?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Well I don't go out too far on the net but I don't doubt that such a culture exists. And while I never mentioned it explicitly I never said everything should be vr only and forever.
I should clarify, the things I'm complaining about aren't directed at you, just the people on other sites I indicated. And I'd be down to try it if I ever got the opportunity.

D

Deleted member

Oh well Mr. Freeman will have time to rest for now.

He still would have been a great character. Maybe down the road.

But still yes I wonder who the four companies are?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Really I don't trust when people speculate the announce to be "earth shaking" or "ground breaking" or anything along those lines. Because I know if I start believing that I end up with another human RPG character I don't want because for some reason I am the only person in the world who hasn't played every single JRPG known to man lmao.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
So...

Because someone hasn't played the game and is upset with the developers for making a low quality product when they loved Pokemon in the past...that means all the information they gathered is null and void?

Also, if you can look past all these glaring issues and the fact that GameFreak cannot and will not improve, then by all means throw 60 bucks at them for a game barely worth 15 bucks. Just keep in mind some of us want Pokemon to be good and to hold GameFreak accountable and you are actively working against that if you buy it new.

Also, people are all over Bethesda for their **** right now, so that comment is no longer valid. Also also, GameFreak is notorious for not patching games after launch, so enjoy getting what you paid for.
I mean, you don't have to always attack people who may enjoy the game with such snark. These kind of statements are downright having the opposite effect of your intentions. The overwhelming wall of negativity with no acknowledgement of the positives of the game (and there are positives) just becomes a conversation people want to tune out at a certain point and just experience the titles for themselves when people spent the last 6 months declaring the games a broken failure before seeing how they actually turned out (and again, I stand by the fact people should have waited to be so vindictive against the games til they were released, not when they were just letting pessimism for a product dictate what they thought would happen and criticizing that as well).

"Just keep in mind some of us want Pokemon to be good and to hold GameFreak accountable and you are actively working against that if you buy it new" is just super condescending man. Not everyone agrees to your standards of Pokemon, and the consumer base tells a different story to Nintendo at the end of the day. Sometimes people just enjoy familiar and "plain" or "simple" or whatever have you, and we can't really criticize that all that much. Everybody has their own standards as to what is and isn't acceptable.

Like I agree the games aren't exactly stellar releases and they have a number of obvious problems, some of which could have been easily avoided and solved... but I'm also to the point where I think so many have went around their criticisms the wrong way. I get people are fed up with Game Freak for a myriad of reasons, but treating other people like dirt because they like the games or don't care as much about the "future of Pokemon" just has never been a successful tactic in this entire campaign.

VR can be absolutely amazing at times... but it's still a format that is growing and experimenting, and it shows very often in the games. I appreciate the experiences I've gotten out of PSVR immensely, but I do agree with the notion that some VR fans are just way too much for me and I can't say I'm ready to commit to their "all VR" vision when so much of "flat gaming" is still so good and considerably more complete (and even sometimes more engaging) than most VR experiences. I'm glad it exists and I love seeing all of the ideas being turned into reality through the tech though.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Just to pass the time and have something to talk about: If you had to make a top 10 list of your favorite video games what would they be?

Personally mine would look something like this:
1) Mother 3
2) Super Mario RPG
3) Super Smash Bros Ultimate
4) Golden Sun
5) Donkey Kong Country 2
6) Donkey Kong Country
7) Banjo-Kazooie
8) Xenoblade Chronicles 2
9) Undertale
10) Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
Super Mario Odyssey
Kirby: Planet Robobot
World of Goo
The Last Story
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Banjo Kazooie
Kirby Star Allies
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Cuphead: Don't Deal with the Devil
this isn't full list of favorites i just what i like from the top of my head.
Oh well Mr. Freeman will have time to rest for now.

He still would have been a great character. Maybe down the road.

But still yes I wonder who the four companies are?
Four Companies? what are you talking about?

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Who do you guys think these 4 companies are?
Well, I think two of them are Namco and Capcom. The third could be Koei Tecmo but we’re at a point that I think Hayabusa might sadly have been leak bait, but for the sake of argument let’s say that’s third. As for the fourth?

I honestly think it’s Bethesda

MattX20

Smash Hero
It seems like we're going to cross the 1800 mark before the weekend is over at this rate

D

Deleted member

Super Mario Odyssey
Kirby: Planet Robobot
World of Goo
The Last Story
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Banjo Kazooie
Kirby Star Allies
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Cuphead: Don't Deal with the Devil
this isn't full list of favorites i just what i like from the top of my head.

Four Companies? what are you talking about?
Fatmanonice mentioned how there’s four companies being talked about to potentially be the character that has character pass #5.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Once we start speculating about characters from companies that have literally never made a game for a single Nintendo console, that's when I start mentally checking out

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I don't really care much about it's characters especially in the context of smash but like I mentioned in the dark souls discussion if were going to get another big unassociated 3rd party then at least it should be one that could bring us some awesome ports, and valve stuff would be at the top of the list. Too bad the Gordon thing was a bust given how Sakurai praised it I could have seen it happen.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I don't really care much about it's characters especially in the context of smash but like I mentioned in the dark souls discussion if were going to get another big unassociated 3rd party then at least it should be one that could bring us some awesome ports, and valve stuff would be at the top of the list. Too bad the Gordon thing was a bust given how Sakurai praised it I could have seen it happen.
It's not busted yet. The picture that was posted was from before the one I posted. Again since the leaker did get some info right that others didn't we can't say it's dead.

Though I'm on team fake myself. Gordon is my most wanted though so I have to defend it until it's officially debunked.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Can't it be a Loz18 situation where they had some info and then took the time to make up other crap for the fun of it

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Sorry for joining in late on the convo.

Nintendo seems to really be going out of its way to hide #5 ... Nintendo has stepped up leak prevention.
Brace yourselves lads; a storm's a-comin'. :2gud: Looks like Saint Nick will be giving out presents a bit sooner. :denzel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom