• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Geno, Vivian, Fawful, maybe Dimentio and Midbus? What a beautiful reality the one with them in Smash is
Fawful and Dimentio for sure. What great, ominous but still cartoony and witty villains. Rest in peace Alphadream, but rest in peace to Mario RPGs as a whole :(

Crankshadow

Smash Cadet
So i have 2 questions that I'm not sure if anyone has talked about

1. Did anything "interesting" happen at the Yoko concert a few weekends ago?

2. Has anyone actually data mined the costume stuff to see if the are id gaps or anything? Not my expertise but i have only seen people digging for codenames.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Gonna need you to understand something.

You came into a character support thread, randomly, and questioned why we wanted our character in a rather negative way. We get this ALL THE TIME any many of us who you've blocked already are sick of it. You could have just said 'Hey, I played SMRPG but Geno didn't jive with me. Why do you jive with him, I'd like to know?' but instead you came in here acting as if liking Geno was some sort of weird and negative thing just because you didn't understand it. That's a problem, and when people constantly come in here and bash us and our character the minute they open the door to our little home, we start answering the door with a loaded gun.

You are just the most recent of many people to come in and say 'Why Geno when X number of reasons it shouldn't be him because I said so, also here is a character I think should make it.' and thus, some of our more aggro-yet-lovable members have dealt with you they way the do. Also, flaunting about blocking/ignoring somebody when they call out your behavior doesn't win you any brownie points.

Now, imagine if I joined the Lloyd Irving thread and my first ever post was "Hey guys, I've played Tales Of Symphonia but I have to say...I REALLY don't get why you guys want Lloyd in Smash. I mean seriously, what's the big deal about Lloyd? He's just another anime protagonist with eyes that match his hair who wields a couple of swords and has a generic shounen anime protagonist voice that is really grating and honestly seems like he doesn't offer anything new to the table. Like, we already have enough generic anime swordsmen, so why on earth would you want another one when you could ask for literally any other character. Now, you want to know a good character to support? Geno! Seriously, he's a way better choice by far! I mean, the dude is a star spirit (which is basically an angel) that possessed an action figure strong enough to knock out Mario when it was just a regular toy AND he's filled to the brim with guns within his body? AND STAR SPIRIT MAGIC TO BOOT? He fast, he's cool, and he'd be perfect for Smash. So why ask for Lloyd when you can root for Geno!"

Sounds ungodly pretentious and inconsiderate, doesn't it? Well, that was you not just a few pages ago.

A bunch of people have done discourse with you and explained why we want Geno and have proven why your pre-conceived notions about him are extremely flawed. Thus, I won't add my story to the list, as it's all been said before. Here is what I will offer though.
  1. I hope you have learned why Geno is not only amazingly awesome but why he is the #1 fan-requested frontrunner at this point in time.
  2. I hope you realize now how to better introduce yourself into a character support thread for a character you don't support.
  3. I hope you've realized how ignoring people who call you out in a less than polite manner is not the way to go about things and that flaunting it only makes you look worse.
As for what I've learned out of all this...

We need Geno in Smash now more than ever, if only for Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

Honestly, just one more good reason for me to hit the 'Geno is real but I can't play as him button' just so I could see fatman's reaction and watch him play Geno. That alone would be worth it all.
This is really touching. Thank you.

Again, I like being honest with all of you. I value this community a lot and that's always been the case. I... I just have some worries on my end. People like Psycho and KCChief have literally been supportive since the very beginning when I made the Geno support thread on Nsider in 2005. They were there during "Operation: Star of Heaven" and helped create the 128 page portfolio (half English, half (half assed) Japanese) I took to Nintendo of Japan in the summer of 2006. (Also, no, I didn't go to Japan for the sole sake of Geno. It was a high school graduation gift to myself using 2 years of restaurant tips and the timing was serendipitous and we got a wild hare up our asses and decided to go for broke when Sakurai announced the Brawl poll at E3 06). It was exhilarating going online while I was in hotels in Osaka, Kyoto, and Tokyo and giving the Geno fanbase updates and seeing other websites and fanbases gush about it and saying things like "dude, this guy flew to Japan to get Geno in Smash; how can we top that?" People were inspired... By me. Weird little (abnormally tall) me. I felt like I was making a difference.

When I came back, suddenly tons of people cared about what I had to say. Suddenly people were taking Geno seriously as a character. People listened to my theories and even defended me. I never really had that before. Of course, Geno wasn't in Brawl in the end. I looked like a fool and all the lengthy theories I had seemingly turned to dust. Again, I was back to being a weird guy who was excitable and felt like a crazy person who screams at traffic from the sidewalk. You can go back and look at my posts from that time period and see, no, I didn't handle very well (or maturely) but could anyone really blame me? Of course, the fall out caused me to be a bitter ******* during Smash 4. The Geno fanbase was still going but I found myself scolding fans for their optimistism like kiteinthesky kiteinthesky and even PapaGenos before he became a monolith in the Smash fanbase. I was kind of a **** and I'm sorry...

Of course, in my heart of hearts, I still wanted Geno. Geno the kitten and now the 5 year old cat is a literally a daily reminder of how much not only this but this fanbase means to me and how I don't want to let anybody down. So, the Geno Mii costume came out for Smash 4 and it was somewhat of a relief. It was some degree of acknowledgement after years of work so it was better than nothing. Psycho even messaged me to ask if I was okay and I've kept the message on my wall to remind myself of what a stand-up guy he is and how he kept the Geno fanbase going when I bowed out and tried to bury myself in self loathing. A little bit of time passed and then the Nintendo World column by Sakurai came out in early 2016.

I was blown away... Sakurai liked Geno?! Sakurai acknowledged his fanbase?! Sakurai not only strongly considered Geno for Brawl but actually tried to get him in?!?! My theories were right... All of them... I wasn't crazy... I think I actually cried reading that article because all the hurt and blame and loathing I had felt for making Geno "a meme" just sort of evaporated. Sakurai had heard us. It hadn't been a total waste of time...

Fast forward and I think you all know my story for Ultimate. More drum banging. Seven Squares. Grinch. Sabi. Meeting the NoA source. Brave. Learning about Banjo 2 months in advance. Mii costume missing. Additional DLC announcement. It's been a wild ride and I'm happy to have gone on it with all of you. Just... Thank you. Thank you for listening to me and giving me a place online that I can call home and have been able to for nearly half my life. It's no small exaggeration that it means the world to me and, whatever, the outcome, I'm just happy to have gone through it with all of you. Thank you.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm not sure if I covered this here but I know I talked about it in the PapaGenos Discord. I give the Power of 6 theory credit because, like I said, it provides an explanation for roughly half of the names we've heard as a private Discord since last September. It could be totally bogus but I've been telling people to pay attention to it because the OP's theory that another Square, Namco, and Capcom character will come with DLC is pretty sharp. Based on what I know, this is how I would hedge my bets for the future, especially before E3 2020:

Square ~Namco >> Capcom.
Gruntilda: Square, Namco, and Capcom will each get another rep! Geno, Lloyd, and Phoenix Wright shall those reps be without a second doubt!

Me: Watch me be right y'all. :2gud:

Again, I like being honest with all of you. I value this community a lot and that's always been the case. I... I just have some worries on my end. People like Psycho and KCChief have literally been supportive since the very beginning when I made the Geno support thread on Nsider in 2005. They were there during "Operation: Star of Heaven" and helped create the 128 page portfolio I took to Nintendo of Japan in the summer of 2006. (Also, no, I didn't go to Japan for the sole sake of Geno. It was a high school graduation gift to myself using 2 years of restaurant tips and the timing was serendipitous and we got a wild hare up our asses and decided to go for broke when Sakurai announced the Brawl poll at E3 06). It was exhilarating going online while I was in hotels in Osaka, Kyoto, and Tokyo and giving the Geno fanbase updates and seeing other websites and fanbases gush about it and saying things like "dude, this guy flew to
Japan to get Geno in Smash; how can we top that?" People were inspired... By me. Weird little (abnormally tall) me. I felt like I was making a difference.

When I came back, suddenly tons of people cared about what I had to say. Suddenly people were taking Geno seriously as a character. People listened to my theories and even defended me. I never really had that before. Of course, Geno wasn't in Brawl in the end. I looked like a fool and all the lengthy theories I had seemingly turned to dust. Again, I was back to being a weird guy who was excitable and felt like a crazy person who screams at traffic from the sidewalk. You can go back and look at my posts from that time period and see, no, I didn't handle very well (or maturely) but could anyone really blame me? Of course, the fall out caused me to be a bitter ******* during Smash 4. The Geno fanbase was still going but I found myself scolding fans for their optimistism like kiteinthesky kiteinthesky and even PapaGenos before he became a monolith in
the Smash fanbase. I was kind of a **** and I'm sorry...

Of course, in my heart of hearts, I still wanted Geno. Geno the kitten and now the 5 year old cat is a literally a daily reminder of how much not only this but this fanbase means to me and how I don't want to let anybody down. So, the Geno Mii costume came out for Smash 4 and it was somewhat of a relief. It was some degree of acknowledgement after years of work so it was better than nothing. Psycho even messaged me to ask if I was okay and I've kept the message on my wall to remind myself of what a stand-up guy he is and how he kept the Geno fanbase going when I bowed out and tried to bury myself in self loathing. A little bit of time passed and then the Nintendo World column by Sakurai came out in early 2016.

I was blown away... Sakurai liked Geno?! Sakurai acknowledged his fanbase?! Sakurai not only strongly considered Geno for Brawl but actually tried to get him in?!?! My theories were right... All of them... I wasn't crazy... I think I actually cried reading that article because all the hurt and blame and loathing I had felt for making Geno "a meme" just sort of evaporated. Sakurai had heard us. It hadn't been a total waste of time...

Fast forward and I think you all know my story for Ultimate. More drum banging. Seven Squares. Grinch. Sabi. Meeting the NoA source. Brave. Learning about Banjo 2 months in advance. Mii costume missing. Additional DLC announcement. It's been a wild ride and I'm happy to have gone on it with all of you. Just... Thank you. Thank you for listening to me and giving me a place online that I can call home and have been able to for nearly half my life. It's no small exaggeration that it means the world to me and, whatever, the outcome, I'm just happy to have gone through it with all of you. Thank you.
After Geno get's in guys, we the community specifically the Geno fanbase should write a book called "The Legend of Fatmanonice" A timeless tale that no other Smash journey can compare too.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Again, I like being honest with all of you. I value this community a lot and that's always been the case. I... I just have some worries on my end. People like Psycho and KCChief have literally been supportive since the very beginning when I made the Geno support thread on Nsider in 2005. They were there during "Operation: Star of Heaven" and helped create the 128 page portfolio I took to Nintendo of Japan in the summer of 2006. (Also, no, I didn't go to Japan for the sole sake of Geno. It was a high school graduation gift to myself using 2 years of restaurant tips and the timing was serendipitous and we got a wild hare up our asses and decided to go for broke when Sakurai announced the Brawl poll at E3 06). It was exhilarating going online while I was in hotels in Osaka, Kyoto, and Tokyo and giving the Geno fanbase updates and seeing other websites and fanbases gush about it and saying things like "dude, this guy flew to Japan to get Geno in Smash; how can we top that?" People were inspired... By me. Weird little (abnormally tall) me. I felt like I was making a difference.

When I came back, suddenly tons of people cared about what I had to say. Suddenly people were taking Geno seriously as a character. People listened to my theories and even defended me. I never really had that before. Of course, Geno wasn't in Brawl in the end. I looked like a fool and all the lengthy theories I had seemingly turned to dust. Again, I was back to being a weird guy who was excitable and felt like a crazy person who screams at traffic from the sidewalk. You can go back and look at my posts from that time period and see, no, I didn't handle very well (or maturely) but could anyone really blame me? Of course, the fall out caused me to be a bitter ******* during Smash 4. The Geno fanbase was still going but I found myself scolding fans for their optimistism like kiteinthesky kiteinthesky and even PapaGenos before he became a monolith in the Smash fanbase. I was kind of a **** and I'm sorry...

Damn, I didn't know that was you who went to Japan with that huge portfolio, I remember someone doing that in support of Geno back in the days, it was something that really made me realize just how big of a thing Smash character support actually was, but I was on Brawl Central during Brawl speculation, so I obviously didn't know the members here on Smashboards by name yet. Finding out about this now is actually pretty crazy.

As someone who was there for the long haul with Ridley I recognize so many things in this post, the passion, initial belief and the many theories, the setback and becoming a laughing stock, and the eventual return to form, hopefully you guys can also tag the happy ending on your story too.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

Again, I like being honest with all of you. I value this community a lot and that's always been the case. I... I just have some worries on my end. People like Psycho and KCChief have literally been supportive since the very beginning when I made the Geno support thread on Nsider in 2005. They were there during "Operation: Star of Heaven" and helped create the 128 page portfolio (half English, half (half assed) Japanese) I took to Nintendo of Japan in the summer of 2006. (Also, no, I didn't go to Japan for the sole sake of Geno. It was a high school graduation gift to myself using 2 years of restaurant tips and the timing was serendipitous and we got a wild hare up our asses and decided to go for broke when Sakurai announced the Brawl poll at E3 06). It was exhilarating going online while I was in hotels in Osaka, Kyoto, and Tokyo and giving the Geno fanbase updates and seeing other websites and fanbases gush about it and saying things like "dude, this guy flew to Japan to get Geno in Smash; how can we top that?" People were inspired... By me. Weird little (abnormally tall) me. I felt like I was making a difference.

I wasn't aware of all the hardships you went through until your posts from yesterday, or of the lengths you went to heavily push Geno stretching that far back. As someone who's still fairly new to this thread, you've earned my respect. I think your journey alone is enough to make Geno worthy to join Smash, haha. Stay strong, dude!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I'm going to get super heavy and I apologise in advance for anyone reading this but I wanted to just go ahead and dive into the biggest reason I'm a Geno fan:

As many of you know, I have ADHD so let's just be brief in saying it has caused some "behavior issues." I can be excitable, impulsive, and just generally weird. I'm almost 32 and, as you all have seen, these things still get me in trouble from time to time. An ongoing message for most of my childhood was "it's not okay to be weird" so I honestly just felt like a monster most of the time and that I didn't belong anywhere. Jack Skellington was the first adult I saw that had my personality but people loved him. He had a whole town that let him be as weird and creative as he wanted to be. I envied that so hard...

Years pass and SMRPG comes. Again, right off the bat, super weird but then somethings happen in the story. Mario's a spastic ****ing goof and yet he's still the hero. He does all this weird stuff and over the top actions but everyone still respects and listen to him. They still like him. W..why can't people be like that for me? Mallow, Bowser, and Peach all have big emotions in this game and weird behavior but nobody makes a huge stink about it. When Mallow cries, people try to comfort him. When Bowser's fuming, even Mario tries to calm him down in an equally calm way. People didn't treat me like that. People had short fuses with me. Few people had patience with me. I remember one episode where a babysitter's boyfriend literally threw me at a sliding glass door and the babysitter just laughed. I was being weird... I deserved it...

Later on, Geno comes into the game. He's very obviously out of place and people comment on this throughout the game. He's weird but nobody nags him for it. He's different but Mario and Mallow accept him immediately. Geno was kind of quiet and methodical and I immediately saw myself in him. "Wow, ha ha, I'm in a Mario game" thought 8 year old me and I'm going on this crazy adventure with my favorite video game character (Mario) and people like me. People note I'm different and weird but they still like me and want to have me around. Geno was what childhood me wished I was, cool and confident and comfortable enough in my own skin (er... wood) to just be myself and be happy with who I was.

To some degree it worked. I enjoyed playing as Geno on the playground and there was one occasion where I "saved" a kid from being beat up by two classmates because I pretended to be Geno (although they were probably just weirded out). Yadda yadda yadda. Beat the game. Emotionally devastating ending for 8 year old me. Have wanted to see Geno come back in a meaningful way ever since.
I totally feel where you're coming from brother. I was diagnosis with Asperger syndrome by a doctor when I was 4 years old. Since then, I have had a rocky road in my life. I feel like most people who personally know me at work, friends, or even my family truly doesn't understand or care about me sometimes. I begin to question to myself once in awhile: What is my purpose and how can I get everyones' respect?

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion

When I came back, suddenly tons of people cared about what I had to say. Suddenly people were taking Geno seriously as a character. People listened to my theories and even defended me. I never really had that before. Of course, Geno wasn't in Brawl in the end. I looked like a fool and all the lengthy theories I had seemingly turned to dust. Again, I was back to being a weird guy who was excitable and felt like a crazy person who screams at traffic from the sidewalk. You can go back and look at my posts from that time period and see, no, I didn't handle very well (or maturely) but could anyone really blame me? Of course, the fall out caused me to be a bitter ******* during Smash 4. The Geno fanbase was still going but I found myself scolding fans for their optimistism like kiteinthesky and even PapaGenos before he became a monolith in the Smash fanbase. I was kind of a **** and I'm sorry...

THAT WAS YOU! I remember reading about that years ago around the final days leading up to Brawls release. My best friend (Who is a die hard Geno supporter outside of the forum) showed me the support behind this character. Wasn't really feeling it to be honest, but fast forward to last year when I finally sat my butt down and played SMRPG. Instantly fell in love with the story and characters. It really is a mix of Nintendo fun and Square story telling with humor mixed between the two.

With how things are now, I got a feeling Geno is on the path of returning home. Even if its just a visit, like Banjo, it will still be worth it to see him return.

Thank you for being the mad man that went through the ringer to show that this character means something!

ZelDan

Smash Master
Well reading through this thread was certainly something. For me, I can't say there's any deep or emotional reason for wanting any particular character, and it doesn't really get any more personal beyond "NoStAlGiA." Any character I want or have any interest in getting into Smash, Geno or otherwise, basically boils down to "hey, that game/franchise/character is really really cool, sure would be nice to see it represented in Smash!"

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I had this goofy part of my dream last night where I was speculating about FP5 on Discord with some friends, and we kind of echoed Joker's reveal in that nobody will see it coming, and finally in early December we got another Sakurai Direct/Video Stream/whatchamacallit. He started out talking about some games and such he'd been playing lately, and we could see on a big TV screen behind him some of the titles he was scrolling through, and I was surprised to see Doom was one of them and wondered if that was a hint. Then he started talking about shows he'd been watching lately and was scrolling through his phone to show us, but we could see his phone on the big screen behind him and I was surprised to see shows like, "Friends" and "The Muppet Show" and I started falling asleep while watching. It was then that he said, "...I'm sorry if it seems like we're just going over the basics, but we did cancel some announcements that would have been made previously so we could announce them here." It was kind of funny because it was like he was purposely stalling on showing us who FP5 would be, and before he could get it out there who it was I woke up.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Anyway. I've been busy making curry in Pokemon. Is our boi in yet? It's been like 3 days. That's plenty of time for him to come out right?

Last edited:

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
For me the Mario characters i want most are in a like 10 way tie. I mostly judge characters by how excited i get on the prospect of them being added, and less by finding the exact placements of them.

I count Yoshi in Mario BTW but not DK or Wario, because unlike yoshi those actually feel like different series seperated from the rest of Mario with their onbly conection being their main characters.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Fatman's reasonings and speech are very insightful and a great pleasure to read, as are the majority of his posts.

..........I just want Geno because he has a snazzy blue Cape. I don't think that's as emotionally comparable to other people's reasons why they want him. Maybe a little on the same level.

........it IS a nice shade of blue, too.

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
Fatman's reasonings and speech are very insightful and a great pleasure to read, as are the majority of his posts.

..........I just want Geno because he has a snazzy blue Cape. I don't think that's as emotionally comparable to other people's reasons why they want him. Maybe a little on the same level.

Better then me, main reason geno is so high on my list is because I'd love to see you guys all be happy, i have no real connection to the character, and am not the biggest fan of smrpg (I grew up in the Gamecube/Wii era) but know so many people want him his reveal would be a very fun time for the smash community.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Anyway. I've been busy making curry in Pokemon. Is our boi in yet? It's been like 3 days. That's plenty of time for him to come out right?
I think it's still way too early for anything on Geno or fighter #5 for that matter; we just did have Terry added to the game after all, so I think we'll be playing the waiting game for a little while longer.

Check back in a couple of hours and I'm sure we'll have news.

D

Deleted member

I feel you. His design and Terminalmontage are literally the only two reasons that make me strongly want Geno at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicnac

Smash Ace

Again, I like being honest with all of you. I value this community a lot and that's always been the case. I... I just have some worries on my end. People like Psycho and KCChief have literally been supportive since the very beginning when I made the Geno support thread on Nsider in 2005. They were there during "Operation: Star of Heaven" and helped create the 128 page portfolio I took to Nintendo of Japan in the summer of 2006. (Also, no, I didn't go to Japan for the sole sake of Geno. It was a high school graduation gift to myself using 2 years of restaurant tips and the timing was serendipitous and we got a wild hare up our asses and decided to go for broke when Sakurai announced the Brawl poll at E3 06). It was exhilarating going online while I was in hotels in Osaka, Kyoto, and Tokyo and giving the Geno fanbase updates and seeing other websites and fanbases gush about it and saying things like "dude, this guy flew to Japan to get Geno in Smash; how can we top that?" People were inspired... By me. Weird little (abnormally tall) me. I felt like I was making a difference.

We're happy to have you, Fatman. One of the big reasons why I want Geno is because of people like you, KChiefs and PyschoIncarnate, who have been requesting Geno for longer than I've been alive- the dedication from you guys is truly astounding, and after all you guys have gone through you deserve it.

Side note, how tall are you? I'm picturing a 6'5 guy with a Geno hat at his computer/on his phone right now

AugustusB

Smash Champion
We're happy to have you, Fatman. One of the big reasons why I want Geno is because of people like you, KChiefs and PyschoIncarnate, who have been requesting Geno for longer than I've been alive- the dedication from you guys is truly astounding, and after all you guys have gone through you deserve it.

Side note, how tall are you? I'm picturing a 6'5 guy with a Geno hat at his computer/on his phone right now
Now I am imagining a 6'5 tall Popeye with sunglasses and wearing Geno attire. And instead of anchors on his arms...stars!

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Better then me, main reason geno is so high on my list is because I'd love to see you guys all be happy, i have no real connection to the character, and am not the biggest fan of smrpg (I grew up in the Gamecube/Wii era) but know so many people want him his reveal would be a very fun time for the smash community.
Me too. SMRPG is one of my favorite games and I was pretty neutral on Geno (Peach was the guaranteed character always in my party). But after seeing his demand, fans actually doing things to put Geno's name out there instead of just forum hoping only, and just being nice people. That won me over and now I want Geno in to be a character and so his fans are happy. I feel the same way for Isaac. I never played Golden Sun, but his fans made me want him in for them.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But can you do the voice?
Yes. I love Popeye and he kind of falls into the ongoing theme of being weird but people like him. He's just himself and doesn't feel like he has to be anyone else. He doesn't care that he's old, bald, and has a face that looks like you squeezed a grapefruit too hard. "Eye amsk wut eye amsk an' that's all dat eye amsk, I'm Popeye da Sailor Man." Also, yes, I smoke a pipe a few times a year and it is real:

Laaaaaadies:
IMG_20191116_110452235.jpg

D

Deleted member

Ladies and gentlemen, the best Geno fan. Even if you've had your low points, well, everyone has.

The Geno costume was almost my lowest point, until Piranha Plant showed up. I had legitimately given up hope at that moment, that after all this time, after "Sakurai wants Geno", after getting costumed, after everything lining up for him, to be ignored and replaced by a generic Mario enemy, that was really the final straw for me. I spent the entire month of November angry about Smash Ultimate, I said I wasn't going to get the game, I ****talked it and the people who were looking forward to it, and above all else, the people who were bandwagoning Piranha Plant were public enemy #1. They didn't see the end of my ire.

I'm full of it, because I still bought the game, and really enjoyed (and still enjoy) it. The DLC didn't give me any hope, though. I told myself I was done hping. My hopes had been betrayed by this master troll Sakurai for too long, and it was time to stop caring. Characters I want, with Geno being the headliner, are just never going to happen because there's something critically wrong with the things I like, and I just bring bad luck and misfortune to everything I love. So I just put on a fake smile and got hype for everyone else when Joker was revealed and really honestly tried to abandon a hope I've had since Melee.

I don't remember what brought me back to this site. Maybe I was hoping someone had posted some tech for my characters, but a lot of that discussion has moved to discord servers... And for whatever reason, I decided I would look at the Newcomer speculation board, and that's when I saw that not only was there an active Geno thread, but it was without a doubt the most massive and active thread here. I lurked for maybe a month before remembering I used to have an account here way back when... And I forgot the password and the email address associated with it. The discussion in here was too good to pass up, though, and I very quickly realized that a lot of that was your fault. You've been this magic half-insider that at first, I honestly didn't take much stock in. Learning more about what you potentially know, though, you really filled me with hope again, and that's been really contagious in my local scene - guys who never knew who Geno was or thought there was no way are starting to believe me when I tell them he's coming.

Thanks for being a beacon of hope that reignited the fire in me. You've done a lot for this thread and this community and I know I speak for everyone when I say we appreciate it... But they better speak for themselves, too, because that's a lot more earnest.

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
I think it's still way too early for anything on Geno or fighter #5 for that matter; we just did have Terry added to the game after all, so I think we'll be playing the waiting game for a little while longer.

Check back in a couple of hours and I'm sure we'll have news.
Wait, is it confirmed were getting news today?

D

Deleted member

I-I'm not crying... You're crying! Seriously thanks for sharing your story Fatman it's really inspiring to see just how much love, dedication and passion you have for Geno and getting him into Smash. It's seriously beautiful.

This fanbase has so much love for Geno that it's incredible and it wouldn't be the same without you here you're very inspiring and even if sometimes you get stuff wrong and people give you a bad rep for it your posts always brighten my day and your passion for Geno is truly inspiring. Thank you for being with this fanbase for so long and thank you for not giving up on him yet if we continue to push for him one day even if it isn't in Ultimate I'm sure we'll get Geno.

So thanks for sharing your story and thanks for continuing to be in this fanbase I couldn't imagine it without you. Cheers dude!

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
It sucks sometimes just how massive the states are. If it was more European sized we could have organized a big victory party for release day and come together to let hell loose for one night to revel in everything the community has accomplished, Maybe have a big double elim geno only tourney to see who the #1 superfan really is around here. It would be a great to get to meet all you wonderful people for real. Especially the long time vets like chief and fatman and get the first-hand perspective on how being stuck on Mr. Sakurai's wild ride since pre brawl has been.

I'd tell my geno story but its not particularly grand by comparison. He just has a gun for an arm and I always thought he would fit in well in smash. ;)

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
So yeah, Fatman is awesome, cool guy, a madlad, surely dedicated, he surely can't be that beaut-
Yes. I love Popeye and he kind of falls into the ongoing theme of being weird but people like him. He's just himself and doesn't feel like he has to be anyone else. He doesn't care that he's old, bald, and has a face that looks like you squeezed a grapefruit too hard. "Eye amsk wut eye amsk an' that's all dat eye amsk, I'm Popeye da Sailor Man." Also, yes, I smoke a pipe a few times a year and it is real:

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
One last thing about myself because I'm sure people are tired of reading my autobiography, the colored sunglasses on Popeye are intentional because I collect and wear "tea shades." Yet again, loved them as a kid but didn't wear them because "lolz, gay" but around 2009 started to simply because I like how they look and I think they're cool as hell.

75407724_10206452764915175_2926422425790840832_o.jpg

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
One last thing about myself because I'm sure people are tired of reading my autobiography, the colored sunglasses on Popeye are intentional because I collect and wear "tea shades." Yet again, loved them as a kid but didn't wear them because "lolz, gay" but around 2009 started to simply because I like how they look and I think they're cool as hell.

Looks Snazzy.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I am 5'3" and super thin, so I won't be surprised if I'm the tiniest Geno fan in the thread... :drflip:

(Also, the big news today for Geno is that he prefers pancakes over waffles!)

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

I’ve spent a very large chunk of my life afraid to really, for lack of a better term, let my nerd out in fear of people thinking that I’m weird, and Fatman I just want to say that I think you’re like the coolest guy ever and I really respect how unabashedly yourself you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom