• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Bethesda being massive teases as usual. I hope the leakers are wrong and that the Mii hats leak is real, ready for Doom Guy to be Fighter #5 and Geno being Fighter #6
Well the leakers said it could be real but its not for fighter 5. So they could come later if the leak is true.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
When I came back, suddenly tons of people cared about what I had to say. Suddenly people were taking Geno seriously as a character. People listened to my theories and even defended me. I never really had that before. Of course, Geno wasn't in Brawl in the end. I looked like a fool and all the lengthy theories I had seemingly turned to dust. Again, I was back to being a weird guy who was excitable and felt like a crazy person who screams at traffic from the sidewalk. You can go back and look at my posts from that time period and see, no, I didn't handle very well (or maturely) but could anyone really blame me? Of course, the fall out caused me to be a bitter ******* during Smash 4. The Geno fanbase was still going but I found myself scolding fans for their optimistism like kiteinthesky kiteinthesky and even PapaGenos before he became a monolith in the Smash fanbase. I was kind of a **** and I'm sorry...
Don't sweat it, bro. I knew you'd come around eventually. The collective power of the people has that way of bringing us back to life when we think all is lost.

Everybody loses faith at some point in their life. It happened to me, too (over unrelated things). What matters is remembering during those times that no matter how dark and bleak things might seem, that it too shall pass and the sun shall come again. It sure as hell has for our fanbase. For our lives. Hopefully for our and future generations, too.

People, whether Geno actually makes it in or not (he most likely will by next year at the latest), what we've done not just as a group of schmucks on an internet forum, not just as a fanbase, but as people has had a deep and profound impact on the rest of us, on the rest of this site, the internet, the whole gaming world. Despite everything, despite every setback and letdown, we picked ourselves back up again, dusted ourselves off, and with the grit that can only be expected of a fanbase for a character like Geno who is the literal embodiment of the concept, we kept marching on, kept making our voices heard, kept trying over and over and over again despite the impossible odds against us. And it's looking like, this time, it might actually pay off. That is the real value of the Geno cult: we've shown the world the intrinsic value of courage and perseverance. That marching onward no matter the odds is not only worthwhile, for its own sake, but vitally important for the health of the human soul. It is the quality that MAKES us human.

And that's why I'm a Genobro. Mallow's actually my favorite character believe it or not. But the real moral of the game is that with enough boldness, pluck, moxie and togetherness, we can stand against ANYTHING, and that is what we've done. That's what we've shown the world. So no matter what happens, I'm in it 'til the end, and I hope you all will be, too. Especially you, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice .

Forthestarcapelad

Smash Apprentice
What if Geno is used to close out the development of DLC fighters?

Sure, the wait for Geno would really suck, but could you imagine a better character choice to end things on?
On the one hand, that would really be the most climactic finish in my book.
On the other hand, I don't know if I can handle the level of uncertainty and impatience that would ensue from keeping him for last.

Basically what I'm saying is that's probably what Sakurai will do. He's going to keep him for last and hold us with baited breath until the very end, the absolute mad lad.

Last edited:

BZocky

Smash Ace
Nintendo sent out an email survey for Mario Kart Tour the other day and the 19th question asks who you’d like to see as a racer in the future. Make sure to vote Geno (and captain syrup)!

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Who’s a better story teller, Mario or Courage the Cowardly Dog?

..I vote Mario, purely because while Courage does this all the time.. for Mario, the ability to be so good at imitation that he literally transforms hadn't been seen before and hasn't since.. but you just know that one of these days, he'll need to quickly explain something that words alone won't be enough for, and then suddenly he'll spin around once and be Peach.

Firox

Smash Master
I’ve spent a very large chunk of my life afraid to really, for lack of a better term, let my nerd out in fear of people thinking that I’m weird, and Fatman I just want to say that I think you’re like the coolest guy ever and I really respect how unabashedly yourself you are.
Not gonna lie, I find it refreshingly awesome that nerd culture has steadily taken over pop culture. I remember the days when things like watching anime or playing video games earned you labels like "nerd", "dork" or "weirdo". Nowadays, video games are straight-up mainstream with mobile, etc. to the point that you're either old or weird for NOT playing them. Anime has permeated the general audience of both TV shows and movies alike. Then you have those crazy people that make BANK winning video game tournaments or streaming their gameplay on Twitch. Yup, the times have changed.

Grumbo

Smash Ace

Sure, the wait for Geno would really suck, but could you imagine a better character choice to end things on?
Eh. Geno would be better suited as the first post-pass since it sets the tone and has a compartively narrower audience. My head canon will still be Master Chief as the last until we hit the end or he gets announced (please)
Have the leakers ever been wrong with anything? Like they say something’s gonna happen but it doesn’t?
All the time. Loz18 on gamefaqs was a total fraud, Verge was wrong on the minecraft content, I think Sabi’s been wrong a couple times, there was that one person who said Blazblue was gonna be in, etc.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Bethesda being massive teases as usual. I hope the leakers are wrong and that the Mii hats leak is real, ready for Doom Guy to be Fighter #5 and Geno being Fighter #6
Even if the leak is real it's totally possible that Doomguy is a Mii Costume.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
ya cus sakurai is going to go all the way to befesta just to get 2 doom mii costumes with out a fighter to come with them. Makes sense to me

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
They wouldn't negotiate with Bethesda for a big character like Doomguy just for him to receive a Mii costume.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I doubt they'd go to Bethesda to get only a Doom and Cacodemon mii costume even if we consider Sans into this he's from an indie game which is far easier to negotiate with than a fully new 3rd party company.

Plus why tease a Doom mii costume? That hasn't happened before and I doubt it will now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
And geno could also be a mii costume, and everyone else we've speculated on. Glad we've cleared that up for the twenty billionth time

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yes. Based on how long Geno has been part of the conversation, I think he's more than likely before E3. My personal theory is that E3 and beyond will predominantly be new companies to Smash.
That 50% chance at worst statement stood out to me. It’s like they seem that they actually have some proof that Geno is coming.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I feel like a Dovahkiin is pretty well-equipped to be a fighter, at least alt costume-wise; male and female Nord, High Elf, Khajiit, and Argonian. That leaves out a few of the races, but the ones left out are just sort of variations on human and elf.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I honestly doubt they'd have a Cacodemon but no Doom fighter.
We got a Sans Mii Costume without an Undertale rep. Also there's Geomon and two Virtua Fighter Mii Costume without a single rep back in Smash 4. So how hard is it to believe that there wouldn't be two Doom Mii Costumes.
ya cus sakurai is going to go all the way to befesta just to get 2 doom mii costumes with out a fighter to come with them. Makes sense to me
Sakurai went to Ubisoft to use Rayman and Rabbids as Spirits without a single Ubisoft character getting a rep. So what's so unbelievable that Sakurai would rather represent a western franchise through a Mii Costume when he states that he rather promote Japanese franchise throughout the world?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

Nope nope nope nope nope nope.

The final, FINAL, character will carry alot of hopes and dreams into it. Unless it's a gigantic name or an earth shattering character, most people will hate that character as it's not THEIR character. That character didn't steal a slot but removed a chance for other's hopes that their character will make it, so they will be buried with resentment. I'd rather Geno didn't face this backlash.

Plus, I don't want to wait another year or so to play as him.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Nope nope nope nope nope nope.

The final, FINAL, character will carry alot of hopes and dreams into it. Unless it's a gigantic name or an earth shattering character, most people will hate that character as it's not THEIR character. That character didn't steal a slot but removed a chance for other's hopes that their character will make it, so they will be buried with resentment. I'd rather Geno didn't face this backlash.

Plus, I don't want to wait another year or so to play as him.
Yeah, I kinda.. want Geno now? I wouldn't even mind if he was just suddenly in the game in an hour, no announcement.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
We got a Sans Mii Costume without an Undertale rep. Also there's Geomon and two Virtua Fighter Mii Costume without a single rep back in Smash 4. So how hard is it to believe that there wouldn't be two Doom Mii Costumes.

Sakurai went to Ubisoft to use Rayman and Rabbids as Spirits without a single Ubisoft character getting a rep. So what's so unbelievable that Sakurai would rather represent a western franchise through a Mii Costume when he states that he rather promote Japanese franchise throughout the world?
Those were spirit and they were really easy to make so it probably was not that hard to do. Plus rayman got a tropy in 4 so ubisoft was probably easy to work with for the spirits. A mii how ever would take a lot longer and would not make sense if we are not getting a befesta rep. ESPECIAlLLY if we get two of them. Geomon and virtua fighter are different cus they are from both companys that are already supporting the game. Plus this is for dlc miis. The are not going to show off two miis from a brand new company for some random dlc rep.

D

Deleted member

How exactly is Rayman, Sans, Goemon, and especially Virtua fighter comparable to Doomguy?

D

Deleted member

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Would you guys stop bringing up that damn Sans costume as if it's not an outlier? Toby Fox is one dude that owns the copyright, who happened to be learning Japanese, who was in Japan at the time, and actually established a close friendship with the man himself. Negotiations took literally like five seconds, Toby's a pretty agreeable guy dog.

Zenimax/Bethesda/Id Software are massive American companies that come with a language barrier. You don't approach them for paid DLC that amounts to dumb costumes that cost less than a dollar. That's big boy territory.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Doomguy and DOOM would require more time, effort and funds to negotiate for compared to Sans, and if you're going to negotiate with a company, especially one you've not yet worked with and is based in a foreign country, you probably wouldn't do all that work just for a costume. And Sans aside, how many costumes have been introduced that come from companies that are new to Smash?

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
The weirdest thing about ignoring accounts on here is that suddenly everyone seems to be discussing the same topic but not replying to each other and you can’t tell why

T2by4

Smash Lord
Which is funny because whenever people rag on me on 4chan or Reddit, they're always like "yeah, Fatman, that fat ****, kissless virgin, turbo Geno nerd. Watta ****bird." And then I'm like...

"Why yes, I do support Geno for Smash; how could you tell?"
Damn what a chad.

Griselda

Smash Lord
..Back before he was confirmed to be an assist, I had an idea for Shadow's reveal trailer. But it was weird. It starts with Shadow in a boring meeting at GUN's HQ, where they're talking about something indistinct. Eventually, he sighs, and walks off screen. It cuts to him making a cup of black coffee at the coffee machine, and then him walking down a hallway. He turns the corner - and narrowly avoids an attack from Link. The coffee mug gets cut in half in slow motion.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Verge. Twice.
1. Was very adamant on some form of Minecraft content being in Smash. Yet, where is it?
2. Was also confident on the Square Enix rep being first. Instead, we got Joker.

By the way, have we passed the Smash 4 Ridley thread yet? Feels like we have.
Yeah, we have...
... in heart. :colorful:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Verge. Twice.
1. Was very adamant on some form of Minecraft content being in Smash. Yet, where is it?
2. Was also confident on the Square Enix rep being first. Instead, we got Joker.

By the way, have we passed the Smash 4 Ridley thread yet? Feels like we have.
If we haven’t yet, then I’m sure we will unless Geno is announced at the Game Awards

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Those were spirit and they were really easy to make so it probably was not that hard to do. Plus rayman got a trophy in 4 so ubisoft was probably easy to work with for the spirits. A Mii how ever would take a lot longer and would not make sense if we are not getting a befesta rep. ESPECIAlLLY if we get two of them. Geomon and Virtua Fighter are different cus they are from both companys that are already supporting the game. Plus this is for dlc miis. They are not going to show off two miis from a brand new company for some random dlc rep.
I don't think Mii Costumes take that much time to get considering that we have more third party Mii Costume than we do third party fighters. We even got Mii Costumes of series never represented in Smash Bros. It is entirely in the realm of possibility that Sakurai went to Bethesda just to get two Mii Costume. This is the guy who went and got Bomberman as an Assist Trophy.

Also you say they won't show off a Mii Costume from a brand new company that doesn't have a playable rep, but yet we keep forgetting Sans was shown with Banjo. New Company shown with an unrelated Fighter. Doesn't matter if it's a indie character it still happened.

Griselda

Smash Lord
If we haven’t yet, then I’m sure we will unless Geno is announced at the Game Awards
I'm sure we'll double in page number if he gets announced. Didn't someone once say that once he gets in this thread will just become a general thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom