• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I think that could be the case. Honestly, I'm probably going to laugh myself into a coma if Brew wound up being right. Imagine #5 gets shadow announced like Robin in Smash 4 before the VGAs and Ryu winds up being the golden child VGA announcement. I'd probably laugh so hard I'd throw up my own heart.
Wait, was that what the hint was all about? I thought FP5 would for sure be at the VGAs

Grumbo

Smash Ace
So our potential timeline rn sounds like

5 - A thank you character (I think Namco) at VGAs

6&7 - Two characters made from previous cuts (Chorus Kids) in Winter - Spring 2020

8&9 - Possibly Geno and Doom Guy announced at E3 2020

? - Wave three (2021) could be upgrades

Jeez this is confusing

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

6&7 - Two characters made from previous cuts (Chorus Kids) in Winter - Spring 2020

Jeez this is confusing
I don’t quite think you understand what FMOI means about promoting characters from previous assets. He certainly does not mean Chorus Kids. He means characters like Geno and Lloyd who have recent mii costumes to draw from which aren’t present in Ultimate, not cut characters that never ended up making it into smash

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

Jeez this is confusing
Where did you get the info for 6 & 7 from?

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
This is an assumption that is not confirmed or hinted at by official sources in any way shape or form.
Except that it's literally what Sakurai said in his initial tweets explaining the DLC selection process, and it's so completely obvious by the choices we got.

Unless you think Nintendo picked three characters that did them absolutely no business favors, and three characters that Sakurai COINCIDENTALLY had an insane passion for.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I don’t quite think you understand what FMOI means about promoting characters from previous assets. He certainly does not mean Chorus Kids. He means characters like Geno and Lloyd who have recent mii costumes to draw from which aren’t present in Ultimate, not cut characters that never ended up making it into smash
Didnt he say they may be doing stuff with unused assets or am I just misunderstanding him, cause I’d much rather take Geno and Lloyd tbh

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wait, was that what the hint was all about? I thought FP5 would for sure be at the VGAs
That's what people currently assume but I'm kind of drawing out a situation where Sakurai's a mad Chad and decides to announce #5 just because and Brew's 3 month instance of Ryu being announced in 2019 ends up being true. If this happened, technically all the intel on #5 would still be correct but people assume that #6 absolutely won't be announced this year. Hell, maybe the VGAs will be a double? That's the fun of it!

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Almost all of these characters are Spirits or Assists atm. And the lone exception (Sora) has been deconfirmed by a higher up.

Not saying that it won’t happen in the future, but I don’t see any of these characters as FP5 at all.
Sora is not deconfirmed.

Imagine saying this while also telling people that anyone is possible for a crazy reveal like Joker.

Plot twist - early December Smash Direct opens up with Sakurai flipping bundles of hundred-dollar bills, then notices the camera is focused on him and redirects his attention to the audience:

"Thank you John Carmack for sending me $75000. As a thank-you, I have included Doomguy as #5."

*hears people whispering to him off-camera* "Oh, we're doing the fan-favorites now, right? Well, we don't have a model for Geno just yet, but we did find this wonderful dabbing Geno gif online. Please, take a look:"

Oh holy ****, you would have NO IDEA how excited I would be if Geno was announced that way!

I already plan on flooding certain Geno-naysayer Discord servers with the dab gif anyway, but if Sakurai SHOWED IT LIVE?! MMMMMMMM, IT's BACON~!

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
It would nice to know the two potential characters, but if the info is out there, it probably won't take too long for them to leak I guess

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
The last VGA announcement was both before the release of an already announced DLC character and much earlier relative to its release. While it's not really something that HAS to be that way, the idea of VGAs being the first post-pass character announcement, even if FP5 is not yet released, has always made a certain deal of sense to me.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I really can't emphasize this more clearly:

SAKURAI
PICKED
THE
CHARACTERS

Nintendo gave him a list of OPTIONS, then Sakurai picked from that list.
I know... lol. I said I knew that when asking Fatmanonice Fatmanonice the question. Hopefully he answers, because the reason I asked is because, right, Nintendo did pick the characters but Fatmanonice said Sakurai is thanking companies who games influenced him. So I'm kinda confused how that works.

andree123

Smash Ace
Personally here is what I think it will happen.

5&6&7 - Febuary direct: Lloyd confirmed and released as the final fighter of the fighters pass as a thank you to Bamco, Sylux and Geno are confirmed and released as standalone fighters. Doomguy appears as a mii costume instead.
8 - April direct: Porky and Waluigi are confirmed and released as standalone fighters.
9 - E3 2020: Rex is confirmed and released as a standalone fighter.
? - More upgrades and above.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I know... lol. I said I knew that when asking Fatmanonice Fatmanonice the question. Hopefully he answers, because the reason I asked is because, right, Nintendo did pick the characters but Fatmanonice said Sakurai is thanking companies who games influenced him. So I'm kinda confused how that works.
From what I understand, they gave Sakurai a list of characters/companies they were interested in working with for DLC and Sakurai basically chose his favorites from that list.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I really don't understand where all the Ryu speculation came from. He appeared in a couple fake leaks and now he's considered one of the more likely candidates.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I'm curious how content is going to be distributed after the pass. Costumes especially smash 4 ones are likely a given as well as music but not sure about stages yet. The current screen doesn't have any new spots open unless they reformat or pull a smash3ds. It would be disappointing to not have a stage but if it means more characters and faster releases I won't complain.

Last edited:

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
You’ve done it again Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , now me and my friends are trying to figure out who Sakurai would want to add as a final “Thank You” for the Fighter Pass.

It’s almost like solving a mystery. It’s fun and it gives us something to do until December :^)

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Sora is not deconfirmed.

Imagine saying this while also telling people that anyone is possible for a crazy reveal like Joker.

But he was pretty much deconfirmed for the time being? By someone really high up in Square? (At least for FP5)

And I still think we could get a Joker like reveal, its just stuff like that usually takes a big blow on a characters chances.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I really don't understand where all the Ryu speculation came from. He appeared in a couple fake leaks and now he's considered one of the more likely candidates.
He's a name that won't go away, even in insider circles. He's the Smash speculation equivalent of a **** Pic; sure, "somebody" would probably be ok getting it, maybe even enthusiastic, but most people would rather do without.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Ahh man Ryu would be such a boring start to the second fighter pass for me personally. The wait to E3 2020 would be just as painful as the wait to #5 is currently

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
He's a name that won't go away, even in insider circles. He's the Smash speculation equivalent of a **** Pic; sure, "somebody" would probably be ok getting it, maybe even enthusiastic, but most people would rather do without.
I would love Ryu in this game. He would be the final NES icon, and it would all be completed.

Also, would you say that FP5 has a good chance of surprising us like Joker did?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I would love Ryu in this game. He would be the final NES icon, and it would all be completed.

Also, would you say that FP5 has a good chance of surprising us like Joker did?
That's kind of subjective. I think people would be happy and it would be a good way to close off the pass if my "Thank You Card" theory winds up being right.

Add in: I think Ryu would be cool too so I'm primarily talking from the perspective of most people I regularly interact with who literally couldn't care less about him.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Good analogy you have there lmao.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
A lot of people on discord are wondering if fatman means a thank you to a certain company helping out or a thank you to the fans for buying the pass

Nicnac

Smash Ace
A lot of people on discord are wondering if fatman means a thank you to a certain company helping out or a thank you to the fans for buying the pass
My guess is on company, as he's said Season 2 is when Sakurai really cranks up the fan requests, but I ken it's a company gift.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Personally here is what I think it will happen.

5&6&7 - Febuary direct: Lloyd confirmed and released as the final fighter of the fighters pass as a thank you to Bamco, Sylux and Geno are confirmed and released as standalone fighters. Doomguy appears as a mii costume instead.
8 - April direct: Porky and Waluigi are confirmed and released as standalone fighters.
9 - E3 2020: Rex is confirmed and released as a standalone fighter.
? - More upgrades and above.
Dude, he literally said “dont expect many promotions”.

D

Deleted member

I'm so down for Heihachi but I don't know how many more command inputs my heart can take.
Man if Smash players are having trouble with double QCF and half circles they're gonna have an aneurysm trying to pull off and EWGF.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
good Lord, guys!

i think i'm actually starting to Lose my mind here!

like, it's really messing with me that i keep predicting all Of these things in some way or another before they are released.

i was very keen on banjo, although a lot of people were and it was late in the game, but i tend to take in all the facts before i stand on the rooftops and Yell out my predictions. add that in with how i Dreamed about terry so many months back and now my predictions here are starting to look pretty good too? you know, I just can't help but get excited because i myself Really and truly am not and insider nor a leaker: i just used logic and information gathering and come up with a deduction and, frankly, three or four in a lifetime is considered a Victory in my book. I mean, deducing all these things on my own, only to have insiders start confirming things that i have speculated via research alone is a little mind-boggling as well as a little Nerve-wracking, i must say.

well, I'm gonna get some food for now, and i'm feeling well enough to go into work tomorrow so i likely won't have nearly as much time as i have had recently to hang with you all, so Good luck out there with the smash speculation!

Last edited:

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
Wait a minute... Watermelons on apple trees.
There's only one game like that.

Poochie is IN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom