• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Since we're doing Fatman questions again, here's a hum dinger for you
What's your favorite sci fi action thriller?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The next fighter has the letters O, E, G and N in it. But that's all anyone can say

I don't know any character named OEGN-

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
The best I can think of is still Namco. And that's probably the most watermelon-on-apple-tree level of low hanging fruit we can get at. Cuz it's hanging pretty low at this point.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
My god... it all makes sense now..
It does..

-A "potential troll pick but one people won't get mad at" (paraphrasing): How can anyone be mad at Poochie? Look at that face!
-A "thank you letter to a company": Of course Sakurai wants to thank Nintendo for allowing him to create the Smash series, so a first party makes sense!
-An "end of the world pick": The best way to end the world? A pupper every and anyone can love.

FP5 is now a lock everyone.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hmm since we've officially contextualized the hint to a company and not a person I'm going to stick with bamco for now. I've been betting on Lloyd for months now whenever the evidence runs dry, might as well keep it going.

So let's say a season 3 gets greenlit and they hold that poll. You can vote for 5 different characters that appear inside assists, a pokeball, or made a costume. Who do you all choose? (This is assuming geno already made it in of course) (if they only have a spirit they aren't a voting option)

I think I'd go with

1. Isaac
2. Waluigi
3. Ray (mk lll is fine but I really don't care which one tbh)
4. Skull kid
5. Bomberman

Honestly Isaac and MAYBE waluigi are the only one's I'd hold out for. There's like a dozen characters on the assist list I think would be really cool so I'm not too concerned with the results tbh. I doubt Isaac would have much trouble winning anyway and if he can't even make top 5 with a pool like that then maybe he doesn't deserve it after all lol.
1 - Isaac
2 - Takamaru
3 - Dixie Kong
4 - Black Knight
5 - Viridi

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Maybe character 5 was always with us all this time.....in our hearts, our minds, our gall bladders.

What I'm saying is that character 5 is all of us, together, and all the laughs and happiness we shared. Character 5 is our admiration of humanity and the respect of our fellow men.

.......wow, that character pick SUCKS.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Fatman just for the clarity; are we looking at one of the two characters you were keeping an eye on or would this be a wild card pick for Number 5?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I’m glad that Fatmanonice is sharing all of the info he has with us, but at the same time, I feel like he is being way too vague. To the point where I’m having way more questions than answers.

Plus, if it really is a Namco rep, why can’t he just come out and say it? Because everyone is just going to assume that regardless of who FP5 really is.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Does anyone have that image that was posted in this thread the other day of the remaining Smash 4 Mii costumes that haven’t returned yet? It’s really hard to search for stuff like that manually.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Does the Rocky Horror Picture Show count?
close enough for me.
I’m glad that Fatmanonice is sharing all of the info he has with us, but at the same time, I feel like he is being way too vague. To the point where I’m having way more questions than answers.

Plus, if it really is a Namco rep, why can’t he just come out and say it? Because everyone is just going to assume that regardless of who FP5 really is.
to be fair, he kind of has to be, considering how limited the information he's actually allowed to share is.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces

Because Fatmanonice doesn’t know the rep, he’s speculating. He got some evidence that aids his speculation, but that’s not a confirmation, and he may not have permission to even share that evidence already. Sabi does seem to know who it is, but she’s keeping the info close to heart for now.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
close enough for me.

to be fair, he kind of has to be, considering how limited the information he's actually allowed to share is.
But if the info is implying a Namco rep like everyone is saying, wouldn’t that make it completely pointless?

He is still giving away the identity of the character and company, just in a different way.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I am not sure what Fatman is doing but if it's to keep hope and don't fall into sorrow then it's appreciated.

The cheer gladness of this thread has increased since the leak's downfall.

BTW, it's the case and his theories/knowledge pan out then we might have something big in our hands.

Wait a minute. In our hands? End of the world choice? Final thanks from Sakurai?

Guys, hear me out: MASTER HAND.

:bowser:.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
It's some real dedication to risk damaging a SNES box for a gag, though.

Also before anyone gets into a tiff keep in mind that the GX crew thinks Geno is very likely.

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
To be honest I have no idea what is even being suggested by that video - and I don't mean that like he's trying to leak something or other, but like generally speaking.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
So it was definitely confirmed that Nintendo gave a list and Sakurai chose the characters. So it's definitely confirmed that Geno ain't the fifth fighter, so I take it that there zero interest in putting Geno in from Nintendo or Sakurai. Either Nintendo didn't put Geno on the list or they did and Sakurai chose not to include him. I don't think this is a good sign for Geno.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I am not sure what Fatman is doing but if it's to keep hope and don't fall into sorrow then it's appreciated.

The cheer gladness of this thread has increased since the leak's downfall.

BTW, it's the case and his theories/knowledge pan out then we might have something big in our hands.

Wait a minute. In our hands? End of the world choice? Final thanks from Sakurai?

Guys, hear me out: MASTER HAND.

:bowser:.
I mean to be fair... you do control him at that one point, and also I've seen some modders use Master Hand online

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Doubt that's answerable. If it's a Namco rep then my guess is Lloyd or Heihachi, but I see Lloyd as more realisable- Sakurai couldn't make Heihachi workable when he tried to in Smash 4.

Geno playable or Geno announced?
To be fair, Sakurai have said that he was unable to make Ridley playable before but managed to win against the challenge now for Ultimate. Who says that it can¨t be the cause for Heihachi as well theoretically?

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
So it was definitely confirmed that Nintendo gave a list and Sakurai chose the characters. So it's definitely confirmed that Geno ain't the fifth fighter, so I take it that there zero interest in putting Geno in from Nintendo or Sakurai. Either Nintendo didn't put Geno on the list or they did and Sakurai chose not to include him. I don't think this is a good sign for Geno.

I dont think so. They picked banjo in for christ sake. A character who is not only owned by a rival company but was also a dead character. I belive geno can come later down the line so dont worry.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No it isn’t? I don’t see why Geno has to be the 5th fighter. We are getting more fighters and Geno could definitely be in later.

Plank08

Smash Lord
When people think about who #5 is, I think there's a few important notes that people ought to consider:

-The Fighter Pass was finalized around this time last year.

-The Fighter's Pass was originally drafted as being conclusive, meaning 5 and done and Sakurai says "**** all of you, I'm going to Fiji for two months..."

Now, with this in mind, Sakurai more than likely meant for the Fighter Pass to pay its dues to things that not only helped but inspired him as a developer and then kick off a long hiatus for the Smash franchise. That said, who do you think Sakurai would give a nod or a silent "thank you" to? That's my thoughts on the matter.
Characters I can think of are maybe Steve, Ballon Fighter, or a legacy character like Master chief
I can’t think of any companies though.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I don't know if we should be focusing on Bamco or just Sakurai favorites. That would make speculation a lot more clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom