• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm just glad Geno's chances are still good I still believe he has a major chance and will continue to support him.

Aside from that really excited about who character #5 is and beyond that looking forward to who we could get!

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I'm happy to see another new nintendo franchise make it playable so I wouldn't be mad over chorus kids, but to see a 4TH grincher make it in and it's still not isaac would be frustrating ngl.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
MissingGlitch MissingGlitch Mind making a vibe check meme for me?

Not to be rude, but how many times do I have to say I feel good about Geno's chances based on what I know?
I didn't exactly know if I should make it based after you or Geno. And well there is a lot of vibe checking that I wasn't sure would break the rules or not. But this is what I came up with.

Vibe Check 1.png

Vibe Check 2.png

Graizen

Smash Champion
Not... Really? He's only seriously been part of the conversation for the past week. People kind of weighed the idea of him being a curve ball for #5 but it seems like most people have moved on and concluded that, if he's coming, he'd be post pass.
Sabi also talked about some "characters he likes alot", and said he was very existed for VGA

The character names he posted on twitter: Reimu, Jonesy and Agumon

You know something about these names?

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Part of me wants to know if the assist that might be upgraded is Waluigi or Isaac so I'm not let down when Isaac misses his second chance.
I really don’t see any other AT that’s as wanted as those two. But this whole first party DLC stuff seems a mess so I don’t know what to think.

Firox

Smash Master
No. From what I've gathered, Season 2 would be overwhelmingly about fan service with maybe like 2 possibly being tied to promotions.
I've heard "at least 1 promotion" (likely from spirit), "overwhelmingly about fan service", and a lack of evidence to disprove the Cacomallow leak. That said, I'm still 99% sure that Geno is coming as a real fighter in Fighter pass #2. I can't see these comments/circumstances having any integrity and not leading to that fact.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
When I think of "smash characters who had assets left behind they could work with" I immediately think Chorus Kids.
I think Monster Hunter which has all sorts of data left in the game including its own franchise section in the music files

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Ahem.

No genre is under-represented in Smash, just like no OTHER markers are under-represented.

We do not have quotas for representation, only characters people really want. That's the only quota: characters that fans really want.

Oh, and looky-here! People REALLY want more JRPG/RPG characters despite all the RPG characters in Smsh already. Isn't that weird?

Geno, Mallow, KOS-MOS, Lloyd, Yuri, Velvet, Sephiroth, Tifa, Sora, Crono, Neku, Rex & Pyra...and SO many others. They are all requested because people have fallen in love with them and the game was crafted around making that happen, where as with other games the game doesn't really have the goal of doing that. I will say that some games that aren't RPGs do dedicate themselves to a good story and having good characters, Master Chief being a good example of this. Fighting games often actually have over-arcing stories for the characters that mostly get lost in the shuffle for those not looking for them, but are actually rather well fleshed out. I've noticed that action-adventure games and hack n slash games are doing really well for character stories and development when they never REALLY did that as much as they focused on fun action.

Overwatch and TF2 do not compare to any of what I've listed. I'm sorry, but having quirky characters with small film segments that hint at more is no where near a fleshed out character story that has multiple arcs. That's not to say you can't like those characters, but when you compare those who love Tracer to those who love Cloud, you can tell which character is more deep and has more dimensions to them almost immediately.

There are multiple reasons for wanting characters in Smash. Personally, I see the FPS hype to be more about a playstyle that hasn't been in Smash all that much and even MORE about genre representation (which, as I mentioned, doesn't matter in the grand scheme). The playstyle part I can get behind, as I support Incineroar's inclusion, even though I feel like any FPS character will be more about shooting different guns that do different things rather than anything crazy interesting...but if anyone could get me to play a FPS character in a game, that would be Sakurai.
Your first statement is flat out false. FPS is under represented, because we don’t even have a character from an FPS game. Of course representation isn’t why a lot of people are gunning for an FPS character, the translation of the playstyle is what excites me and many others.
To say FPS would be just shooting guns is kinda hypocritical, as I could easily say all JRPG characters would pretty much just swing a sword(or two if your name is Lloyd), use some magic, and maybe have a meter of sorts. You wouldn’t like that description, wouldn’t you?

I don’t care about Overwatch, but don’t diss TF2 like that. Those characters have been beloved for over a decade due to their colorful personalities and quirks. People continue to make art and SFM videos about them. You don’t need to have fleshed out story like Cloud to be beloved.

On the topic of the JRPG saturation in the fighter pass, I still stand by the notion that making Lloyd #5 would hinder the idea of the fighter pass celebrating gaming history. If it was a celebration of JRPGs, I’d get it, but that’s not the idea that was proposed. There’s just more to gaming than JRPGs.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I wonder how likely Reimu is. I hope she's on the list cause she's like, second most wanted. Thoughts on her, Fatman?

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I'm happy to see another new nintendo franchise make it playable so I wouldn't be mad over chorus kids, but to see a 4TH grincher make it in and it's still not isaac would be frustrating ngl.
Geno and Isaac are my guys. Both have been thrown around with nothing to show for it for so long. A lot of suffering for those fans.

But I will say the one thing Geno has going for him is he’s always in the discussions. There’s always some hope for him. It’s not really the same with Isaac.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Perhaps, but seeing that they were able to delay the game to add Sonic at the last minute, it seemed odd that they did not do the same with Geno or the other characters that were cut
They couldn't keep delaying the game indefinitely, and there's a massive difference between Sonic the Hedgehog, one of the biggest video game characters in general, and Geno, Roy, Toon Zelda, etc.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sabi also talked about some "characters he likes alot", and said he was very existed for VGA

Last question for today but, as the Geno thread is well aware, I don't answer questions specifically about certain characters except Ryu, Crash, and Geno because those names are public and I'm only allowed to talk about names that have gone public. I kind of broke my own rule about Sora but only because he's not part of any serious discussion and there's no harm in sharing that people think he'll eventually happen thanks to his popularity.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Your first statement is flat out false. FPS is under represented, because we don’t even have a character from an FPS game. Of course representation isn’t why a lot of people are gunning for an FPS character, the translation of the playstyle is what excites me and many others.
To say FPS would be just shooting guns is kinda hypocritical, as I could easily say all JRPG characters would pretty much just swing a sword(or two if your name is Lloyd), use some magic, and maybe have a meter of sorts. You wouldn’t like that description, wouldn’t you?

I don’t care about Overwatch, but don’t diss TF2 like that. Those characters have been beloved for over a decade due to their colorful personalities and quirks. People continue to make art and SFM videos about them. You don’t need to have fleshed out story like Cloud to be beloved.

On the topic of the JRPG saturation in the fighter pass, I still stand by the notion that making Lloyd #5 would hinder the idea of the fighter pass celebrating gaming history. If it was a celebration of JRPGs, I’d get it, but that’s not the idea that was proposed. There’s just more to gaming than JRPGs.
Can you two please stop arguing about underrepresentation of a genre? It literally only takes three words to close the book.

Horror game genre:ultpacman:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I wonder how likely Reimu is. I hope she's on the list cause she's like, second most wanted. Thoughts on her, Fatman?
On my end I haven't really seen anything credible supporting it. It just kind of exists and largely feel like Touhou is still part of the conversation because /v/ wants to will it into existence .
Always look for an answer before asking, he's put out quite a lot so far and just about anything relevant has already been answered or he simply isn't going to.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
They couldn't keep delaying the game indefinitely, and there's a massive difference between Sonic the Hedgehog, one of the biggest video game characters in general, and Geno, Roy, Toon Zelda, etc.
People seem to forgot how much of an impact Sonic had when he was announced for Smash. That was unthinkable at the time. Sonic was worth delaying for.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Honestly yeah I could see Ryu Hayabusa being leakbait at this point. IAmShifty has cried wolf too many times and he apparently bought into the Mii costume leak and saw Doomslayer as #5 (despite saying that Ryu would be #4 AND #5 at some point)
I think that's likely. Ryu always seemed so odd to me because of how suddenly he appeared in the speculation scene and how nobody had heard of him being FP5 until IAmShifty. I legit think the dude just misheard that Ryu was coming to Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate and thought it was Smash Ultimate.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, has the Mii costume leak been fully disconfirmed, if it doesn't hurt to ask?

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
On who else can be upgraded aside from Geno, I think Rayman is a strong candidate. Ubisoft and Nintendo are on extremely solid terms. Negotiations would be easy. It's a bit surprising they aren't represented as a fighter yet. Isn't it that Ubisoft sent the model themselves for the Smash 4 trophy? I feel like he could be a potential upgrade

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
On who else can be upgraded aside from Geno, I think Rayman is a strong candidate. Ubisoft and Nintendo are on extremely solid terms. Negotiations would be easy. It's a bit surprising they aren't represented as a fighter yet. Isn't it that Ubisoft sent the model themselves for the Smash 4 trophy? I feel like he could be a potential upgrade
Waaaluigi

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Sora's weird... He's a character that hasn't come up since the Seven Squares last year but a lot of insiders THINK (not know, not speculate, THINK) he could be coming by the end of DLC thanks to his popularity. Nobody has heard anything but people believe that if Nintendo were to swim to the bottom of a septic tank with a snorkel to get a third party character before DLC totally wrapped up for this game, it would be him. This is why I don't really count Sora as part of the hypothetical list because him eventually coming to Smash is merely an opinion right now, not based on anything concrete.
What do you mean “don’t count”? Are you suggesting Sora was on this list too?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, what is this about character promotions I keep hearing?

And why was is my last question about the Mii costume leak being ignored?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

He specifically stated that Ryu was the most controversial pick on the list.

Jonesy is hated by almost everyone in this community.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What do you mean “don’t count”? Are you suggesting Sora was on this list too?
No. Sora is a common topic among insiders but in the light that people want him and think Nintendo's probably going to try to get him before DLC is over based on how popular he is. If anything, he's heavily speculated but there's no evidence to suggest that he's being worked on or coming anytime soon.

Griselda

Smash Lord
So, what is this about character promotions I keep hearing?

And why was is my last question about the Mii costume leak being ignored?
As far as I can tell, the mii leak is only 'dead' because there's still the assumption that the costumes have to come with FP5, who is apparently neither Doomguy or Geno. It seems that the Mallow hat has been recreated through modding, but that doesn't quite sell me on it being fake - what a modder can do, Sakurai can obviously also do. I'm Team Neutral for now.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
We need a summary post every page or something because the last several pages have been Daju Vu with the same questions.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I don't know who made that FNAF mod but man, it looks unironically quite good.

If it was made by the same person, remains to be seen but they look very cool.

Hopefully eventually, we get mods for Ultimate since with how graphically the game looks, they will all look awesome.

:bowser:.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Since Fatman is done answering questions for today, let’s begin our speculation on who these fabled 7 characters are... here’s my predictions

1. Lloyd
2. Bandana Dee
3. Rayman
4. Dante
5. Ryu Hayabusa
6. Doomslayer
7. Waluigi

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
As far as I can tell, the mii leak is only 'dead' because there's still the assumption that the costumes have to come with FP5, who is apparently neither Doomguy or Geno. It seems that the Mallow hat has been recreated through modding, but that doesn't quite sell me on it being fake - what a modder can do, Sakurai can obviously also do. I'm Team Neutral for now.
Not really, no
Okay then. What about the promotions, or is it possible promotions?

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I understand people and Fatmanonice getting annoyed reading the same questions, but honestly, Fatmanonice has said so much that is is pretty hard to remember all that he's said.

Also, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I have a question, nothing too specific you can't answer (isn't even really a Smash character question), but you shared a lot of juicy info today (especially about the number of characters, who won't be in, ESPECIALLY assets and/or past data being used for a character post-pass DLC, etc.)... why doesn't anyone else supposedly credible like Sabi, Vergeben, PapaGenos, etc., say these things? Why is it just you saying these things despite some of these things being juicy info?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thanks for answering that question about Agumon and co makes sense why you can't be talking about specific characters apperciate it all the same Fatmanonice I asked about Spyro myself but edited didn't want to come off as disrespectful and I will find out if he's in just like everyone else. Doubt it but thank you for all you're hard-work!

Anyway characters #6 #7 could be characters who were cut or consindered if that gives any kind of hope for Decidueye or Isaac I'm down. Though I doubt Decidueye will get in Isaac is one I definetly want in and hope he gets his chance though he's kind of up in the air.

Chorus Kids? Oh yeah they deserve it! Would welcome a Rhythym heaven rep.

Now finally him yes you Sora! Do I want him in yes! I have more of an attachment and connection to Kingdom Hearts then Super Mario: and the Legend of the Secen Stars and can't wait too see more about Kingdom Hearts III someday! But I want Geno more so I hope he gets the nod. In a perfect world we get both but even if he dosen't get least it means Geno could and there's always hope for the future for the Keyblade master!

OffBi

Smash Ace
I think that maybe chorus kids might also happen, as they were also cut content

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Yknow, maybe Isaac actually could be possible/ on the list. He got an all new mii costume who's assets could probably be worked with.

D

Deleted member

Yknow, maybe Isaac actually could be possible/ on the list. He got an all new mii costume who's assets could probably be worked with.
I hope so honestly I really do. His chances are still up in the air but if he gets that's perfect. Definetly want of my most wanted and it'd be great too see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom