• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Ok most of us think this could be real. BUT here’s the question.

Weres the smithy mii at tho?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
With all of this going on...I intend to try to reach out to the one person that encouraged me to stay here.

Alright Madam Luigi The President Luigi The President , If you somehow see this, come on in! Things are looking really good compared to last year :)

Rikarte

Smash Ace
I hate to be the pessimistic one but after some consideration I think Geno and Doom Guy becoming Mii costumes seems like the most likely outcome to me. Assuming the leak is real (which I definitely think it is) these new outfits would probably come with the Terry update... which wouldn't make any sense. If your series is gonna get a playable fighter, why not release the Mii costumes along them? Even if they would do a Geno/DOOM double reveal trailer I'm sure they would hold back the costumes until both these characters are actually released. Unless these two outfits are not meant for the next patch for some reason, I genuinely expect both Geno and Doom Guy to get the Sans treatment sadly. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Tonberry2k

Smash Cadet
I hate to be the pessimistic one but after some consideration I think Geno and Doom Guy becoming Mii costumes seems like the most likely outcome to me. Assuming the leak is real (which I definitely think it is) these new outfits would probably come with the Terry update... which wouldn't make any sense. If your series is gonna get a playable fighter, why not release the Mii costumes along them? Even if they would do a Geno/DOOM double reveal trailer I'm sure they would hold back the costumes until both these characters are free to download. Unless these two outfits are not meant for the next patch for some reason, I genuinely expect both Geno and Doom Guy to get the Sans treatment sadly. Thoughts?

This is exactly where I am. Geno and Mallow will be costumes with a new music track each.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
GenoFlash GenoFlash Two things to consider concerning Virtua Fighter's representation in Smash 4:

-Akira got a promotion in Ultimate to assist trophy.

-In Smash 4, the two SEGA franchises represented by Mii costumes were Sonic and Virtua Fighter but were represented with playable characters in the form of Sonic and Bayonetta. In a sense, a sort of balancing act could be argued. In Smash Ultimate, SEGA is currently represented in costume form by just Sonic because Persona is licensed under Atlus despite being owned by SEGA.

D

Deleted member

Ok, so I realized I was being a bit dumb. I don't need access to a 4chan archive at all, since the original leak thread had been posted here. Its thread number is 484051013, whereas the screenshots I posted earlier are 484080882. /v/ moves fast but nearly 30000 posts later is way long enough for me to think the screenshots I was given are funposts. I guess there's a chance it's real but most of the information in them doesn't really add up, so along with it being posted so long after the initial leak, I was just being too cautious.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
I hate to be the pessimistic one but after some consideration I think Geno and Doom Guy becoming Mii costumes seems like the most likely outcome to me. Assuming the leak is real (which I definitely think it is) these new outfits would probably come with the Terry update... which wouldn't make any sense. If your series is gonna get a playable fighter, why not release the Mii costumes along them? Even if they would do a Geno/DOOM double reveal trailer I'm sure they would hold back the costumes until both these characters are free to download. Unless these two outfits are not meant for the next patch for some reason, I genuinely expect both Geno and Doom Guy to get the Sans treatment sadly. Thoughts?

Things have gotten leaked before there announcement before you know. Take Banjo and hero for example. They were leaked WAY before any other fighter but came at a later time. It’s likely these costume are being saved for Geno and doom guy.

This is exactly where I am. Geno and Mallow will be costumes with a new music track each.

Knowing how square is with music I highly doubt that. Plus if this is real we should get a smithy costume also. In my opinion having 3 costumes from the same game without a fighter would be strange. Plus like I said this is square we are talking about.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Ummm.....wth is going on? I heard there’s another leak but since I don’t pay much attention to leaks anymore, I didn’t see what was in it.

So a recap? What makes this one special? Also what is this about leaked models? let’s also not forget what happened early in ultimate speculation, where we were all fooled by the blurry geno image hoax...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hate to be the pessimistic one but after some consideration I think Geno and Doom Guy becoming Mii costumes seems like the most likely outcome to me. Assuming the leak is real (which I definitely think it is) these new outfits would probably come with the Terry update... which wouldn't make any sense. If your series is gonna get a playable fighter, why not release the Mii costumes along them? Even if they would do a Geno/DOOM double reveal trailer I'm sure they would hold back the costumes until both these characters are actually released. Unless these two outfits are not meant for the next patch for some reason, I genuinely expect both Geno and Doom Guy to get the Sans treatment sadly. Thoughts?
The only argument I can give you is something that was posted earlier, and even it is an assumption: Mii costumes are finished well before fighters are. Obviously there's nowhere near as much work to do on them and they can likely be completely finished in one to two days by a skilled modeler/texturer, but the costumes we got with Banjo were finished in July, both assuming the costume leaker was real (which he's looking golden right now) and assuming the costumes were all shown off "live" with Sakurai's Banjo presentation.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
It's already been pointed out, but the BK smash video that showed off the mii costumes and Terry was made back in June. A full 3 months before the mii costumes were revealed and a whopping 5 months before Terry is going to be playable. These costumes could very well be ready but not release until FP5 for Doomguy and the first pack in the second wave of fighters (Geno). Also with the costume list basically being proven at this point why would Smithy, Mallow, and a Chocobo randomly release with a singular Cacodemon hat from Doom in a pack for an SNK character? That doesn't really make much sense.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don’t think the costumes would necessarily come out with Terry. They could very well be revealed and released later.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Ummm.....wth is going on? I heard there’s another leak but since I don’t pay much attention to leaks anymore, I didn’t see what was in it.

So a recap? What makes this one special? Also what is this about leaked models? let’s be not forget what happened early in ultimate speculation, where we were all fooled by the blurry geno image hoax...
In short: new image and video shows a Mii Brawler hat of Mallow and a Mii Gunner hat of Cacodemon. Modding community says this is nigh impossible to fake. Ken is there and the game is likely in debug mode, much like the original debug Ken leak. Ken even does damage with his Shoryuken differently, suggesting difference version of the game is being played.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I think this is an extension of that kind of thing PapaGenos talked about regarding people always assuming things are immediately next once they get info.

Banjo was apparently finished back in July according to that presentation stuff, yet they didn’t drop him and Hero simultaneously, so what’s saying that these costumes have to drop with Terry?

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Before November 1st of last year, I was always optimistic for Geno. He wasn't personally my cup of tea, but I wouldn't mind him making it in and would be happy for his fans. Then the Direckoning happened and he was a max-Rank Spirit. For me, that was the sign to pack it up. He still had a chance, but it was so minimal to me that seriously saying he could make it seemed like a joke.

And yet, here we are. No clownshoery. No ambiguous insider statements. Close to 0% possibility of it being faked.

You guys did it. For real, just celebrate, it's happening.

My stance was always 'treat Spirits as deconfirmations until they don't' and with that 99.5% being broken soon, the gates shall open.

More than likely Doomguy (RIP. AND. TEAR.) will be FP5 and revealed at the Game Awards, with a simultaneous Geno reveal for post-FP 1.

link2702

Smash Champion
In short: new image and video shows a Mii Brawler hat of Mallow and a Mii Gunner hat of Cacodemon. Modding community says this is nigh impossible to fake. Ken is there and the game is likely in debug mode, much like the original debug Ken leak. Ken even does damage with his Shoryuken differently, suggesting difference version of the game is being played.
Where’s this image and video...?

MisterMike

Smash Champion

So a recap? What makes this one special? Also what is this about leaked models? let’s also not forget what happened early in ultimate speculation, where we were all fooled by the blurry geno image hoax...
Where’s this image and video...?

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Actually, I'd say this is a pretty decent take. I think the reason we're seeing these costumes together is because they've been done for a while now but haven't been released. Smash stuff is usually made ahead of time and only released when ready. Recall that the Hero presentation and the Banjo presentation were recorded at the same time, so around late July. Both characters were in a playable enough state to be showcased, with the minor asterisk that the footage shown was a dev build. Also recall that PapaGeno's source game him the initial list of Mii Fighter costumes in mid-late July, meaning that the costumes would've had to have been done or at least in development around that time. So it's not unreasonable to think that both of these costumes could be showcased at the same time.

Of course there's also the question of: "Why did they showcase the Mallow and Cacodemon hats rather than the Geno and Doomguy costumes?" Well, I think the answer is rather simple: They don't exist, because those characters are going to be the next fighters rather than new costumes. Now sure, you could argue that Geno's costume could come back, but why would they go out of their way to include a Doomguy costume and Cacodemon hat and NOT include Doomguy as a fighter? Plus, you'd figure that at some point we would've heard about a Doomguy costume or the Geno costume returning by now.

Now as for how they'd be released, I agree that it would be unrealistic (but hype as ****) to have them both revealed at the same time, but I think it'd be more realistic to see them revealed like this:
- Terry drops in November
- Doomguy is revealed shortly after, either at the end of Terry's presentation, at a 1-year Smash Ultimate anniversary stream, or at the VGAs
- Doomguy drops sometime before the end of November
- Geno is revealed shortly afterwards as Post-FP1
Some good points are made, it is entirely possible that these Mallow & Cacodemon costumes were being made ahead of time and will be released later on (we'll know soon enough). However, I will say just because we didn't see Geno & Doomguy Mii Costume doesn't mean they don't exist. I made a vow to never take the absence of a character/product to be an indicator of a character getting in (I got burned super hard with Shadow how we started having third party echo fighters, Knuckles coming in as an Assist Trophy, and fact that he is one of the easiest Assist Trophy to make since all he does is stand still slow down time just like the Timer item so it was surprising to see him gone for a long time). There's a possibility that they do actually exist, all we got to work with is that video.

For the Doomguy counter point I will say that we got Mii Costumes from series that haven't been represented in Smash Bros before, like Geomon, Virtua Fighter, Tekken, and Monster Hunter to name a few. Sure, they all came from companies that already had involvement with Smash Bros, but we also have Rayman as a Spirit and Yuri Kozukata as an Assist Trophy despite the fact that Ubisoft & Koei Tecmo don't have a character represented in Smash Bros at all. So what's so crazy about them including Mii Costumes of the Doom series without a playable character? It's entirely possible that they would go out of their way to contact Bethesda for something like this.

Also I wouldn't use the fact that we would've heard about a Doomguy & Geno costume by now considering that with the last Mii Costume leak that we got which mentioned Mallow & Smithy didn't mention Cacodemon at all. We haven't heard much when it comes to Mii Costumes leaks, so I don't think it would be likely to hear something about those two by now. There's a lot that we don't know about and most likely aren't going to find out anytime soon until Nintendo decides to reveal it or leak it themselves (like, some people knew about Terry Bogard for a while but kept that info hidden until Nintendo accidentally leaked it themselves which gave insiders a free pass to start leaking).

I can see this going out in many different direction (except for the costumes being fake, I don't that's entirely possible), but I won't be surprise if it turns out that Geno & Doomguy are Mii Costumes. I would love to be wrong and for them to be playable, but it's best to keep in mind that any possibility can happen.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I love the smell of victory in the morning.

boomer.gif

Rikarte

Smash Ace
Things have gotten leaked before there announcement before you know. Take Banjo and hero for example. They were leaked WAY before any other fighter but came at a later time. It’s likely these costume are being saved for Geno and doom guy.
But Banjo has only been leaked via text. This right here is video footage of both costumes being in a presumably newer version of the game which leads me to the assumption that those are meant to be released very soon.
Personally I'm not gonna get myself hyped up until Terry drops and I'm not seeing a beautiful wooden man along him.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I actually think the leak points to them not coming with Terry's reveal. Mii Costumes come out the same day the fighter does. The footage seems to come from play testers. If this is the case, they likely still are working on them and the probably won't be out for some time

Mii Costumes can be made in advance. I don't think it's a stretch that they'll hold onto them till they're ready for release

D

Deleted member

I really hope that this ends up being real. This is the most hopeful for Geno I have ever been. Of course, he could still be a Mii costume, but I feel it's more likely he'll be a fighter.

Has anything else happened in this thread besides the costume stuff that caused it to jump so many pages? I just skipped here to this page because I was too lazy to read it all and I don't have that much time.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I love how Sans is used an argument towards the Cacodemon and Mallow hats.

You do realize there’s a difference between playing a match with an indie developer to get their meme character as an outfit and negotiating with greedy AAA companies like Bethesda and Square right?

I mean sure, the Geno costume COULD come back and Ubisoft/Koei Tecmo prove that even AAA companies automatically don’t get characters hence the Rayman/Rabbids and Fatal Frame AT/Spirits

OR

Knowing that Geno has been requested for a long time and DOOM having huge legacy being the DQ of FPS shows they ARE playable?

I mean, why the hell would Bethesda end up with just a Cacodemon and nothing else unless Doomguy is in?

That’s like adding only the Chocobo hat in Smash 4 but no Cloud DLC and even if Doomguy gets a costume alongside Cacodemon, why conveniently just more then one DOOM representation then there may as well be a Challenger Pack in the works?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But Banjo has only been leaked via text. This right here is video footage of both costumes being in a presumably newer version of the game which leads me to the assumption that those are meant to be released very soon.
Personally I'm not gonna get myself hyped up until Terry drops and I'm not seeing a beautiful wooden man along him.
It's good to hold onto apprehension until we see him as a fighter, I agree, but just because a character leaked in text rather than a video or a picture doesn't magically mean that them and the stuff with them isn't done until Nintendo decides to show us. I think we're all good with the idea that they've been impressively ahead of schedule with these characters and like I said, a mii costume that's just a hat? Probably even less than a day's worth or work. I wouldn't be surprised if every Mii costume from here to the end of DLC is done, provided they have the rights/know who they're making.

Also just for the record because I'm a "bet it all on Duke" kind of guy, I'm going down with the "Geno is #5 ship". If there's a VGA announcement to make, it's Doom Lad.

link2702

Smash Champion
Well...

We will see.

I’m trying to keep expectations in check cuz I’ve seen some pretty convincing stuff before, even with video im still skeptical, but with modding on switch already a thing, i’m cautious about anything until Nintendo shows it themselves.

But damn please let this be real. Please please please let it be a lead into geno’s reveal....

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Before November 1st of last year, I was always optimistic for Geno. He wasn't personally my cup of tea, but I wouldn't mind him making it in and would be happy for his fans. Then the Direckoning happened and he was a max-Rank Spirit. For me, that was the sign to pack it up. He still had a chance, but it was so minimal to me that seriously saying he could make it seemed like a joke.

And yet, here we are. No clownshoery. No ambiguous insider statements. Close to 0% possibility of it being faked.

You guys did it. For real, just celebrate, it's happening.

My stance was always 'treat Spirits as deconfirmations until they don't' and with that 99.5% being broken soon, the gates shall open.

More than likely Doomguy (RIP. AND. TEAR.) will be FP5 and revealed at the Game Awards, with a simultaneous Geno reveal for post-FP 1.
The only concern I have is the Geno Mii Costume coming back as well. I want to fully celebrate, but I'm not going to believe he's 100% in till we actually get confirmation through other means. That being said, it's really tempting to start throwing the confetti

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
So.....any of you guys remember when I said that the only leaks I believe have gameplay footage? HOLY FORKING SHIRTBALLS, PEOPLE! That Mallow costume is pretty freaking convincing! Not gonna lie, I'm giving Geno's chances a solid 90% now. There might be a tiny chance that he ends up as a premium costume, but there is just too much pointing in a good direction right now. I mean, that Mallow costume looks EXACTLY like something Sakurai would do and is BY FAR the best evidence we have in Geno's favor yet. Couple this with another 3 or so characters after the FP, I really don't see how Geno can't get in unless Sakurai just flat-out refuses. Fingers crossed!!!

My thoughts? If we don't see either Mii costume release with Terry, then either Geno and/or Doomguy are as good as confirmed. If Geno is revealed behind Terry, then I could see the Mallow Costume dropping. If Doomguy is revealed behind Terry, then I could see the other costume dropping. I would only be worried for Geno if the Mallow costume drops for any character BESIDES Geno.

Last edited:

Tonberry2k

Smash Cadet
Gamefaqs is saying that the link is repeatedly being taken down, which, in the past has 100% correlated with a genuine leak, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Gamefaqs is saying that the link is repeatedly being taken down, which, in the past has 100% correlated with a genuine leak, if I remember correctly.
Gamefaqs is full of bull****ters, but usually they're all anti Geno so this is big if true

Rikarte

Smash Ace
Yeah, I guess the Mii costumes simply being prepared/tested for an update later down the line is both realistic and possible. However, the fact that the version the leaker is using seems to come with balance changes as well makes me believe that's not very likely. I dunno, I'm 70/30 on this.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Watch as it turns out that mariotehplumber became the single most skilled smash ultimate modder just to put another one over on us. I wouldn't even be mad

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah, I guess the Mii costumes simply being prepared/tested for an update later down the line is both realistic and possible. However, the fact that the version the leaker is using seems to come with balance changes as well makes me believe that's not very likely. I dunno, I'm 70/30 on this.
I mean, wouldn't testing out new balance stuff also make sense, especially if the mii costume won't be coming to the current version?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Very easy to make a balance update without putting something in.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
My thinking with the costumes dropping with Terry is that Doom Marine is NOT playable and is a Mii costume, but it leaves things uncertain for Geno. For all we know, post-pass characters might not even come with costumes, so they're like, "Well, we've gotta throw these SMRPG costumes coinciding with Geno's reveal somewhere."

I'm 50/50 on this, gotta say it again. I'm convinced the leak is real, but it could either mean Geno is costumed again or is actually happening. Hoping for the latter...

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I don't see how having a version of the game with balance changes means that it's unlikely the costumes will be released after Terry. One has not really anything to do with the other. It just shows that they are being tested out on a version with a new balance patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom