• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
My thinking with the costumes dropping with Terry is that Doom Marine is NOT playable and is a Mii costume, but it leaves things uncertain for Geno. For all we know, post-pass characters might not even come with costumes, so they're like, "Well, we've gotta throw these SMRPG costumes coinciding with Geno's reveal somewhere."

I'm 50/50 on this, gotta say it again. I'm convinced the leak is real, but it could either mean Geno is costumed again or is actually happening. Hoping for the latter...
I mean, there's no reason these costumes HAVE to drop with Terry. I recall hearing somewhere that sakurai said his team was well ahead of schedule. It's possible that these are simply ready to go for the next character drop.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I honestly don't think it's fake, but I am throwing out my doubt at random intervals. What I want, more than anything in the world, is to find a way to disprove Geno as a fighter from this. I don't want a nasty Isaac tier surprise as Geno reprises his role as a soulless costume because this video leaker was being cheeky.

Someone in one of my discord groups shared these screenshots with me, so I figure having all the great minds in here take a look at them would be a good idea.

View attachment 244934
View attachment 244935
Yeah, that’s a pack of bull dookie on the first one.

You actually believe that Sakurai and Nintendo would have to consult not one not two but THREE notoriously greedy western companies Activistion, Bethesda, and Disney just for some cheap 99¢ costumes?!

Ignoring the the fact that Crash Bandicoot, Kingdom Hearts, and DOOM are all EXTREMELY massive, iconic, and popular video game who are more then worthy and overdue to get a playable character in the roster?!

And how the hell would a Bandana Dee costume even work? He’s not humanly proportionated in the slightest unless you want some creepy humanoid abomination.

It’d be a hat or nothing for him.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I honestly don't think it's fake, but I am throwing out my doubt at random intervals. What I want, more than anything in the world, is to find a way to disprove Geno as a fighter from this. I don't want a nasty Isaac tier surprise as Geno reprises his role as a soulless costume because this video leaker was being cheeky.

Someone in one of my discord groups shared these screenshots with me, so I figure having all the great minds in here take a look at them would be a good idea.

View attachment 244934
View attachment 244935
Fake because he doesn't mention a Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf skin who is undeniably the sexiest man alive.
Ganondorf_(Hyrule_Warriors).png

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I find it extremely difficult to believe that Doomslayer would be relegated to just Mii Fighter costume status.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I find it extremely difficult to believe that Doomslayer would be relegated to just Mii Fighter costume status.
Sakurai respects John Carmack too much for that

D

Deleted member

I don't, seeing as how we have a customizable character whose entire thing is being "all guns". Regardless of my feelings about Doom Guy, if hoping for him to be a full character is what it takes to get Geno to be a full character, so be it.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I'm going to wait this one out. If Geno does get announced really soon, I may actually cry. I've only ever cried for one reveal and that was for Piranha Plant... I'm joking. Seriously though, I did cry when Banjo was shown. Banjo felt like the biggest victory over those who deemed him and the others impossible. I want Geno not just for me but for you guys too. If/when he comes, I won't be far behind on this board... Unless I'm at school.:ultpacman:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
The biggest bombshell of a leak we've seen in a while and 10 new pages in the thread all while I was sleeping. Holy ****!

My quick thoughts on it are, at my most skeptical, that I think someone must be INSANELY good at hacking the game and not only managed to properly add Mii Costume mods, but also modeled ones that look so good they could pass as a legit Nintendo product, which is still awesome in its own way.

And at my most optimistic,
AAAAAAAAAAAH GENO IS IN, BABY!
Oh yeah, and Doomguy too, that's also cool.

Now excuse me while I take a break to sink in this overload of information

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Okay, so apparently this footage has not been recorded with a newer balance patch.
View attachment 244955
This basically just means two things.
  1. This is happening on the current build of the game. Meaning its set to be announced with Terry
    1. I doubt we are going to see 2 characters announced with Terry, especially when The Game Awards is next month. But if we do. I am going to guess this means "These two characters are coming. To get you all excited here are some Mii costumes"
  2. They didn't change Ken in anyway from the current build to a new build.

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
  1. This is happening on the current build of the game. Meaning its set to be announced soon
For point 1, it doesn't necessarily mean they'll be announced soon, just that they've been developed before the next balance patch. They could be released long after they're finished and tested/rated

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Still waiting things out. It's well agreed that this would be really hard to fake but there's still that offset possibility of an absolute mad lad going to weird lengths to make this. I doubt it but I'm kind of waiting to see what unfolds in the coming days and if there's any big names that will actually be willing to talk about it publicly.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
  1. This is happening on the current build of the game. Meaning its set to be announced soon
The thing is we don't know when exactly when this was recorded. It could have been yesterday and it could have been a few months ago. And we don't know how far ahead of times costumes are worked on and put into the game to test out. The costumes could very likely not be due to be released for awhile.

Still waiting things out. It's well agreed that this would be really hard to fake but there's still that offset possibility of an absolute mad lad going to weird lengths to make this. I doubt it but I'm kind of waiting to see what unfolds in the coming days and if there's any big names that will actually be willing to talk about it publicly.
Not sure how much you can say but is there a consensus on whether it seems like these costumes are going to be released with Terry or more down the line?

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Here's a fun bit of Twitter salt. I'm going to look back on this fondly if things go our way.
The handle, of course is left out, because we're better than that. Only a little bit
20191104_112855.png

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
For point 1, it doesn't necessarily mean they'll be announced soon, just that they've been developed before the next balance patch. They could be released long after they're finished and tested/rated
It's really hard to pin down not going to lie. It was more of a rounded prediction since internal builds could be 5.0.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1. for all we know.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
So what does this mean? My mistake on my first post.
It means that the evidence for my theory of these costumes coming with the next patch is pretty much gone luckily.
I'm not sure if this adds credence or not.
I guess it makes the leak a little less credible. But then again we had several modders coming out saying that chaning the Mii costumes is basically impossible so it doesn't change much really. I still 100% think this is real.

link2702

Smash Champion
So now I suppose I should bring up how I hope his trailer happens again....

I really want it to be one of two things, a reference to the original smash 64 opening scene where at the end when master hand is snapping his fingers, each snap changes the character models from 64, to melee, to brawl, to 4, to finally ultimate and geno then bursts out of the toybox.

Or, Rosalina is speaking to someone/something offscreen about how they’ve worked hard granting so many wishes of friends old and new as it scrolls by pictures of the dlc characters from joker to terry to banjo, before she mentions how one more wish has yet to be granted, and the music changes to geno’s theme from smrpg as she waves her wand and spawns something on the ground, turns around and nods at a shining ball of light that quickly flies over to the item and the screen fades out and goes to a fight on battlefield where geno jumps in to make his appearance.

Cheesy yeah, but it’d be a nice way to reveal him imo.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Here's a fun bit of Twitter salt. I'm going to look back on this fondly if things go our way.
The handle, of course is left out, because we're better than that. Only a little bit
You know, I generally want people to be chill and polite in this community, but I really reeeeally wanna see everyone who insists Geno fans are idiots to get dunked on hard.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Good find, I would advise everyone to collect as many pics as you can while they're hot. It will make post reveal projects so much easier.

AbeSoddus

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4523-2453-0333
aye this leak be lookin kinda nice doe

#TeamReal for now. Even if Geno and Doom Dude could also end up being costumes, whats shown here looks real to me.
Could be a mod I guess, by someone who figured out how to mod Mii costumes.. and kept it a secret.. and is really good at creating 3D modelling.. or working with someone who is..

..nah

This leak reminded me of an old Brawl "leak"/fake video that showed Geno spawning on Pictochat after selecting Random on character select, and the game freezing lol. I can't find it anymore, anyone know what I'm talking about?

Dynamic Worlok

You know, I generally want people to be chill and polite in this community, but I really reeeeally wanna see everyone who insists Geno fans are idiots to get dunked on hard.
I think it's fine for us to have a laugh at people who act ****ty with us, but never ever should we go and harass them about it

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
About that time again fellas

Current theme:

Senator Phillips

Smash Cadet
As someone who's primarily supported Doomguy and was also hoping for Geno at some point and has played as Terry Bogard since the early Fatal Fury days in the arcade, this is an exciting time. Geno's always been one of those great hopes for Smash, and the possibility that he could actually have finally made it is amazing.

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Honestly, I don’t know why everyone thinks this leak will be in the Terry 6.0 update, aren’t these things developed way way ahead of us then we think?

That play-testing could happen with the costumes already complete while the dev team is busy working on Geno and Doomguy.

While a hypothetical DOOM challenger pack is finalized, they’re still working out the bugs while the first post-pass DLC character has already been decided and maybe even comes right after Doomguy releases and that character could indeed be Geno if this video lines up with the Mallow/Smithy leak (with no Geno costume in sight)

Let’s be honest to god here, if they really wanted the Geno costume to come back it would’ve already either been in the base game or the Hero 4.0 update (in case you want to argue Tails and Knuckles)

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Also very exited to see smrpg hit snes online. Having smrpg on a handheld is going to be fantastic and a great excuse to play the game again.

link2702

Smash Champion
aye this leak be lookin kinda nice doe

#TeamReal for now. Even if Geno and Doom Dude could also end up being costumes, whats shown here looks real to me.
Could be a mod I guess, by someone who figured out how to mod Mii costumes.. and kept it a secret.. and is really good at creating 3D modelling.. or working with someone who is..

..nah

This leak reminded me of an old Brawl "leak"/fake video that showed Geno spawning on Pictochat after selecting Random on character select, and the game freezing lol. I can't find it anymore, anyone know what I'm talking about?
I remember it now. Damn why’d you remind me of that...really felt bummed about that when i saw it, cuz it reminded me it wasn’t happening.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
The more I think about it, the more optimistic I get actually. If this video is real, then I think that all but confirms Doom Slayer as fighter 5 or 6. If that's the case, then the Cacodemon costume tells us that Doom Slayer will likely come with a Doom related Mii Costume pack similar to Joker and Hero. So, to me, the only major hurdle we have is if Geno's costume returns with Terry. The leak detailing Mallow/Smithy and Chocobo hat is looking credible as well. I find it unlikely that Geno, Mallow, Smithy, and Chocobo would all arrive alongside an SNK character.

Banjo's mii costume pack may have been a special case because Microsoft is a competitor. So far, the true third party additions (Joker and Hero) have all come with costumes representing their company. I think the most likely scenario is that Terry comes with other SNK costumes, Doom Slayer comes with Doom or other Bethesda costumes, and Geno finally arrives to headline wave 2. Anything can happen, but I'm comfortable at 60/40 in favor of Geno still.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
The biggest hit to this leak in my opinion is the fact that it doesn't show Terry in any way. If the leaker has access to these costumes, he should also have access to Terry; then why didn't they show him, or his stage? It would add a ton of credibility to this leak.

It's probably a lot easier for them to create some fake Mii Costumes (even if it is difficult) than create a model of an entirely new character.

Also why only show these Mii costumes? It seems like if it is fake, the leaker knows that this will trigger the community; and they just want to laugh at us. It seems like an awfully Trolly leak to potentially get sued over.

Dynamic Worlok

It's probably a lot easier for them to create some fake Mii Costumes (even if it is difficult) than create a model of an entirely new character.
if the modding community is to be believed, the algorithm for mii costumes in this game has thus far been impossible to crack.

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
The video and Mii costumes as far as I know are 100% real in my opinion.

The real question is if Geno and Doomguy are in.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
The biggest hit to this leak in my opinion is the fact that it doesn't show Terry in any way. If the leaker has access to these costumes, he should also have access to Terry; then why didn't they show him, or his stage? It would add a ton of credibility to this leak.

Also why only show these Mii costumes? It seems like if it is fake, the leaker knows that this will trigger the community; and they just want to laugh at us. It seems like an awfully Trolly leak to potentially get sued over.
I mean the Ken leak didn't show Incineroar or Plant, but it was real. I don't see why not showing Terry makes it fake. People have already pointed out that basically no one from the mod community has succesfully modded mii costumes into SSBU at this point. If anything it's been easier for people to make skins for characters than mii costumes. Why these? To hint at the characters associated with them. In terms of getting sued people have gotten themselves into hot water over dumber things in the past.

D

Deleted member

With how few leaks we've gotten, I imagine there's some degree of separation of what certain teams see or have access to. It could be that there's a team who make and test the Mii costumes and have absolutely no access to the fighters.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Also very exited to see smrpg hit snes online. Having smrpg on a handheld is going to be fantastic and a great excuse to play the game again.
Damn, I thought for a second that it was just announced for SNES Online because of your wording...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom