• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
How is Disney wanting a 50/50 deal scummy? Disney does all the work and Sony still gets half the money, sounds bad for Disney if anyone.

I don't think there are anymore legal hoops to jump through than any other character. If Nintendo can get Hero which required the negotiations with 4 (or 5) different companies then I think Sora is a much simpler project with only Disney really needing to be talked to (Sakurai would probably consult Nomura though to get Sora more accurately represented).

I've been curious about this for a while but does anyone actually have any evidence for the gaming department of Disney being hard to work with?
Breaking down the Disney deal that was propsed, it was extremely dirty and one sided. It made complete sense Sony bolted out of there. I would've too.

-Disney already makes 100% on merchandising for the MCU Spider-Man films. Toys, shirts, stuff like this. Merch makes a ton of money. Millions upon millions. So yeah Disney was only making 5% in revenue from the Spidey MCU movies but they were more than making up for it with their merchandise that was selling

-Disney also makes 100% in the MCU films that are focused on other characters, even though Spider-Man is in it. Sony gets 0%. You know how Avengers Endgame is now the highest grossing film of all time? That 2.7 billion dollars made? Not a dime of it went to Sony. Even though it had a character they owned in the film it self. Same goes for Infinity War, which made over 2 billion, as well as Civil War which made over a billion

-With these 2 things, that means all that Sony makes from MCU Spider-Man is the 95% cut from the solo Spider-Man films which they themselves fund

-Sony wanted to renew this deal, but Disney instead offered a counter deal. They now want a 50/50 cut on the solo Spider-Man movies. The only thing Sony ever made off this deal, and now Disney wanted that too even though they already make a lot of money with Spider-Man regardless. Numbers wise, you would easily lose a ton of money if you agreed to this. Even throwing in the fact that Disney would offer to 50/50 fund the new Spider-Man movies, overall if you were Sony you would still make less than the previous deal. Say this deal was in place for the next Spidey flick and then that film made a billion. With this deal, you would roughly make only 500-600 million which is less than the Venom movie made (800 million), while Disney would get an additional 500-600 million on top of the money they made off merchandising as well as the money made off the crossover flicks. That's a huge rip off. It would be bad to take this deal from a business prespective.

Switching the topic back to games now and Smash, specifically Sora, although he doesn't have to jump through 4-5 companies, he would have to go through a company that's bigger than all of those combined + Square Enix if they want to be as fair as possible. It's not as easy especially if Disney gets extremely greedy as they did with the new Spidey deal they tried to make. Id like to be proven wrong though. I'm not the biggest Sora guy, but I know it'll make a ton of people happy if he gets in. However, I just have doubts that it'll be as easy as other 3rd party negotiations

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I just realized that if Steve makes it in as bonus DLC and if DLC really was determined by fan requests and if the fan requests that have happened over the past year were taken into account then it would almost 100% be because Vergeben reported the fake as **** Minecraft content rumor about a year ago and people like Hitagi and Xenother jumped on it to say Steve was for sure in. Before these leaks Steve wasn't even on anyone's radar for Smash in a significant way. And now people are spamming him on social media and elsewhere as a legitimate Smash request. It almost makes me wonder if it was some sort of galaxybrain 4D chess keikkaku plot by the person feeding Vergeben rumors to get Steve into the Smash speculation in a major way. Imagine being that hypothetical person and seeing your plan come to fruition.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Bros, maybe you know better! Who was the creator/designer of Geno? I mean, I know that Square made the game and it’s from the Mario universe. But, for example, Miyamoto is the father of Mario & Link; Inafune of Mega Man; and Sakurai of Kirby, right? But who created our doll?

Im just curious to know who made him.
Anyway, I know all the stuff since Mario RPG and these days. I’m from the ‘90 so Mario RPG was one of my solid and magical games of my childhood. Gave me goosebumps how everyone remember and Iove him.

Also, I’m 100% sure he will be DLC this time. I know all the sound he makes and his story/fan stuff/appearances/etc. Just wanna make sure from which mind he came from :)

(Wikipedia says that Shigeru Miyamoto is the creator, but I want to make sure with you guys). Thanks!

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
Breaking down the Disney deal that was propsed, it was extremely dirty and one sided. It made complete sense Sony bolted out of there. I would've too.

-Disney already makes 100% on merchandising for the MCU Spider-Man films. Toys, shirts, stuff like this. Merch makes a ton of money. Millions upon millions. So yeah Disney was only making 5% in revenue from the Spidey MCU movies but they were more than making up for it with their merchandise that was selling

-Disney also makes 100% in the MCU films that are focused on other characters, even though Spider-Man is in it. Sony gets 0%. You know how Avengers Endgame is now the highest grossing film of all time? That 2.7 billion dollars made? Not a dime of it went to Sony. Even though it had a character they owned in the film it self. Same goes for Infinity War, which made over 2 billion, as well as Civil War which made over a billion

-With these 2 things, that means all that Sony makes from MCU Spider-Man is the 95% cut from the solo Spider-Man films which they themselves fund

-Sony wanted to renew this deal, but Disney instead offered a counter deal. They now want a 50/50 cut on the solo Spider-Man movies. The only thing Sony ever made off this deal, and now Disney wanted that too even though they already make a lot of money with Spider-Man regardless. Numbers wise, you would easily lose a ton of money if you agreed to this. Even throwing in the fact that Disney would offer to 50/50 fund the new Spider-Man movies, overall if you were Sony you would still make less than the previous deal. Say this deal was in place for the next Spidey flick and then that film made a billion. With this deal, you would roughly make only 500-600 million which is less than the Venom movie made (800 million), while Disney would get an additional 500-600 million on top of the money they made off merchandising as well as the money made off the crossover flicks. That's a huge rip off. It would be bad to take this deal from a business prespective.

Switching the topic back to games now and Smash, specifically Sora, although he doesn't have to jump through 4-5 companies, he would have to go through a company that's bigger than all of those combined + Square Enix if they want to be as fair as possible. It's not as easy especially if Disney gets extremely greedy as they did with the new Spidey deal they tried to make. Id like to be proven wrong though. I'm not the biggest Sora guy, but I know it'll make a ton of people happy if he gets in. However, I just have doubts that it'll be as easy as other 3rd party negotiations
I think comparing the Sony deal over Spiderman isn't the best comparison. One is owning the rights to a mega franchise while the other is a cameo in a video game that would also help advertise the series.

Also, Disney reps have said that they would defer Sora's inclusion in Smash to Nomura. They would of course still care about the finances, but I feel like Nomura's say would have a lot of weight in whether Sora would get in or not. If Sakurai and Nomura wanted Sora in, I think it would happen.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Sora's Final Smash would need to include Donald and Goofy to be a proper reflection of the character and games, which seems like extra red tape to go through to do him justice.

Really, with how Nintendo hasn't really done anything with Disney recently in areas Disney is known for (movies, theme park have gone to Universal), my guess is Sora is not happening.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
So I've got a teeny tiny little project going on and I thought I'd share my progress here, it's fun to play around with various art styles!
1568007549499.png
1568007725566.png

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I just realized that if Steve makes it in as bonus DLC and if DLC really was determined by fan requests and if the fan requests that have happened over the past year were taken into account then it would be almost 100% be because Vergeben reported the fake as **** Minecraft content rumor about a year ago and people like Hitagi and Xenother jumped on it to say Steve was for sure in. Before these leaks Steve wasn't even on anyone's radar for Smash in a significant way. And now people are spamming him on social media and elsewhere as a legitimate Smash request. It almost makes me wonder if it was some sort of galaxybrain 4D chess keikkaku plot by the person feeding Vergeben rumors to get Steve into the Smash speculation in a major way. Imagine being that hypothetical person and seeing your plan come to fruition.
Technically there were people asking for Steve in Smash since the Smash 4 days, but yeah the fanbase was mostly silent until the leakers made him seem more-likely and made people feel comfortable speaking up especially after the haters died down some. Now his support is still going strong.

Last edited:

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Sora's Final Smash would need to include Donald and Goofy to be a proper reflection of the character and games, which seems like extra red tape to go through to do him justice.

Really, with how Nintendo hasn't really done anything with Disney recently in areas Disney is known for (movies, theme park have gone to Universal), my guess is Sora is not happening.
I've never really understood the idea that Donald or Goofy would need to be in Sora's final Smash. For reference, Kingdom Hearts is probably my 2nd favorite game series and Sora is my 2nd most wanted character for Smash behind Geno.

Final smashes are supposed to be a character's biggest, flashiest attack, and while there are some examples in the Kingdom Hearts series of attacks with Donald and Goofy that could be final smashes, there are plenty of moves Sora has that don't require them. If they really wanted to, they could include Riku in it instead. And I can see how some people think it wouldn't be the best representation of Sora or the KH series if there were no Disney references, but as a Sora fan I really wouldn't care. Like yeah it'd be really cool if Disney was incorporated into Sora as a fighter, but if that's what's keeping him in out of Smash, then I'd be perfectly fine without it. Sora has a lot that can be pulled into Smash without Disney while still being faithful to him as a character and KH as a series.

And who knows, maybe they would be willing to include Mickey, Donald, and Goofy in his final smash.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
Sora feels a little pie in the sky to me still. It's definitely not impossible if they can get Dragon Quest, but I'd be surprised. I feel like he'd be a big get if they can get him, though, and as such they'd be pretty inclined to try.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Before banjo, we had subtle little hints that pointed to his being released, such as new merch etc...

Palutina mentioned Megasmylax...so thats one thing...

If SMRPG comes to SNES online....all bets are off. o.o

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
How would you guys feel unironically about Hatsune Miku as a character? If Geno got in would yall even care anymore?
Hatsune Miku doesn't count as a video game character since she originated from computer software so she suffers the same fate as characters such as Shrek, Goku and Spongebob.

Elmorethemagician

Smash Journeyman
To be honest all jokes aside, I kind of wish they would rehash Terry’s trailer except it stops on the SNES then proceeds to play the Mario RPG opening... with some slight changes of course

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Well it does seem that this first pass is made out of characters that Sakurai personally wanted to make from series he loves, and we do know he is a big Kingdom Hearts fan. Hmmmmmm......

I do look at a lot of fan polls often and I don't see Sephiroth ranking as highly or consistently as characters like Waluigi, Isaac, Geno, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Rex & Pyra, Shantae, Sora, or Shadow, all of which are some of the most requested characters for Smash. It just feels kind of like you are cherry picking the polls you are referring too, especially since I am having to dig deep for the polls you are referring to which suggests they didn't have that many people voting in them. This isn't a knock against Sephiroth and I don't mean for this to sound aggressive or hostile (That is the last thing I want), I just don't see how Sephiroth is as popular as the above mentioned character. The only time I started seeing Sephiroth in polls was when the "7 Square Characters List" happened and Sephiroth was on it, but I haven't seen him in polls that much ever since more evidence came out that the character would be Hero and ever since Hero was revealed I haven't seen him ranking highly in polls at all while Geno and Sora still are (So it wasn't because of fan discouragement of "no second Square DLC character"). I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, I just wanted to explain why I think he isn't a high request.
I'm talking about SE characters strictly, not general-wise.
You are talking about polls here, btw. Polls in Japan are a whole different beast. And even generally there, Sephiroth does show up, regardless of the 7 Squares.
And don't worry, I understand your point. You weren't aggressive at all. I do acknowledge, Geno and Sora fans are much more persistent. Sephiroth in the west is only receiving decent support generally bc most people don't think a second FFVII character would be viable. If they thought it would be in the running, I'm sure things would be a lot different

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
How would you guys feel unironically about Hatsune Miku as a character? If Geno got in would yall even care anymore?
She isn¨t a videogame character, so no thank you no matter if Geno comes in or not. Never in a million years do I want them to open the can of worms that is opening the door for the likes of Goku (and I¨m a fan of Dragon Ball) Shrek or Spongebob

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they just spent the Switch's lifetime adding Smash DLC instead of moving to make a new game for the next console.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they just spent the Switch's lifetime adding Smash DLC instead of moving to make a new game for the next console.
I would be truly shocked if we get a NEW smash game. We don¨t need a new Smash game, and I think wast majority agrees. It's just a small portion that finds it interesting about a "reboot" that cuts like 2/3 of the roster

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
YES. This. Smash Ultimate looks like Smash's "best it's ever gonna be" with all those different (third party) series in it. We are currently at 106 and 73 unique fighters... and counting. It's a masterpiece like never before and I don't want it to stop on the short term yet. There are so many characters they can still add in my opinion. Not everyone needs to be a big third party icon. Smash characters sell like hot cakes. If the moveset is nice and the character looks cool, there are more people buying it than we think.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
YES. This. Smash Ultimate looks like Smash's "best it's ever gonna be" with all those different (third party) series in it. We are currently at 106 and 73 unique fighters... and counting. It's a masterpiece like never before and I don't want it to stop on the short term yet. There are so many characters they can still add in my opinion. Not everyone needs to be a big third party icon. Smash characters sell like hot cakes. If the moveset is nice and the character looks cool, there are more people buying it than we think.
It’ll probably continue for at least another year or two. Considering Ultimate has sold better than any Smash game and it’s on one of the best selling Nintendo consoles ever that is only two years old. And the DLC likely has been selling amazingly too.

Plus it’s nice to hear Sakurai saying he wants to continue to add even more to this roster and really please the fans. Things are looking good for puppet boi.

I know it’s possible we may only get like 3 more characters after the Pass, but I really think we could also get like 10 more. It’s pretty exciting.

TBone06

Smash Ace
I know it’s possible we may only get like 3 more characters after the Pass, but I really think we could also get like 10 more. It’s pretty exciting.
This. There is just no way of knowing. It could be anywhere in between that as well. Sakurai has shown he wants to make this the best. I think five is a safe number, but it could be more, could be less. It’s an exciting time.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I think their non commitment to another fighters pass is two-fold.

- Sakurai hates the blind buys, he'd rather it be like Smash 4.
- They may give us more than another Fighters pass worth.

I'm sure they've made bank on every character and probably saw a consistent rate of fighters passes being purchased as the last 3 characters were announced. I have a feeling we are going to see more than another 5 fighters.

There are 10 additional slots left for WoL correct? (not that they get used...), hell, maybe we get 10 (after Terry and Fighter 5.....Geno :p) additional fighters within the next 2-3 years. That would be the dream.

Honestly hope Geno is the last fighter in the pass and Porky/Rhythm heaven are additional fighters (he said nothing about it being strictly first party though Porky is a long shot....wish Isaac could be rescued from the AT category), so I can just have fun with little anxiety about the remaining characters.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
When it comes to Steve i’m just surprised in general that we have zilch Minecraft content in the game. Steve could be a bonus fighter but not gonna lie that’d be less optimal than Fighter 5 because Minecraft has good stage potential.

Still surprised Sans of all characters got a Mii Costume in that pack and Steve did not

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Well when it comes to licensing out character companies usually get the money up front instead of a portion of the profits. Like with the Smash Bros DLC I'm pretty sure Atlus, Square, Microsoft and SNK aren't seeing a portion of profit from those characters showing up; instead Nintendo paid for the rights to use the characters up front and keep all the profits. Hard to say on that since there's no real documentation on these deals.

Also I would like to bring up when the MCU was using Spider-Man Sony came up saying that Tom Holland's Spider-Man does take place in both MCU and Sony's Universe with Venom. Sony had plans to take that fully develop Spider-Man and use them in their own products which probably erked Disney & Marvel since they did bring Spider-Man back up from Sony's mishandling. So after that and when the contract was ending Sony might've been dead-set on keeping Spider-Man for their own Cinematic Universe and wasn't going to budge even with they 70-30 split that was giving Disney the lower amount.

I will state that I don't believe one company is at fault, if anything both are to blame. Every company is out to make money, plain and simple. Just because they're doing well in one section doesn't mean they can stop trying to get more money. It's not just being greedy, every company has to pay their employees and invest in projects. Both Sony & Disney are at fault for this Spider-Man deal since each are going after the sweet Spider-Man profit and they're going end up losing a lot of money in the long run if they don't stick together. Remember how Sony wanted to do a Sinister Six movie without Spider-Man?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
The additional DLC characters does bring up a lot of speculation. We could simply take it with what little information is given to us and just assume that we're only getting fighters... or we could speculate what we could get with these fighters, first, second or third party.

Obviously if we get any third party character, they would have to come with a stage and music to represent their series otherwise their inclusion would be pretty strange with no stage to their name
But what about first party characters? Maybe they could arrive with a few missing stages from previous games.
Example: Sylux with Planet Zebes, Black Shadow with Mute City (Melee), Dixie Kong with Jungle Hijinx, etc.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Still surprised Sans of all characters got a Mii Costume in that pack and Steve did not
I¨m suprised that we didn¨t get a Microsoft costume what so ever, be it Mumbo Jumbo/Steve as Mii Swordfighter or Conker as a Mii Gunner for example

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I¨m suprised that we didn¨t get a Microsoft costume what so ever, be it Mumbo Jumbo/Steve as Mii Swordfighter or Conker as a Mii Gunner for example
I'm hoping it is the reason why we got a grab bag of Mii Fighter costumes, or else the remaining Mii Fighter costume reveals is going to be scary to sit thru.

link2702

Smash Champion
I feel now more than ever that if geno is either fp five, or an extra character later on, his trailer is definitely gonna be something along what I mentioned awhile back, where he is considered basically the one who helped so many characters wishes come true getting to be in smash, and that now after all that work, he gets his own wish granted.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I'm not in all honesty. They got the rights for Banjo, his music, his stage and the cameos and the Spirits. All that in itself probably cost a decent chunk of change considering, as far as I know, you have to other purchase rights to characters individually or just blanket cover which could get very pricy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So guys, I think I want to speculate something. This had a bit more weight before I confirmed with Sabi that Terry in no way hints at character #5 and everyone is in the dark, but here me out.

Sakurai kept mentioning souls and 'Poor soul' in the B&K breakdown. Like, four or five times pretty much back to back he said that. So many people (that I'll jokingly call normies here) immediately thought Dark Souls. My first thought? Someone else mentioned it here, but Soul Calibur.

Soul Calibur is all about poor lost souls forever clashing over Soul Edge and Soul Calibur. There are evil character who are collecting souls to get stronger, one of the mechanics is called Soul Charge, hell the legendary weapons everyone fights over have Soul in their name...HELL THE GAME HAS IT IN IT'S NAME! Even the announcer keeps talking about souls. If what Sakurai said was a hint, to me it's clearly Soul Calibur.

You remember that Japanese leak that maybe be fake now? Talking about a female character with a flying weapon? The more I thought about it, Nakoruru didn't make the cut to that: sure, her falcon can fly and she attacks with it, but it's not a weapon in the traditional sense. You know who this does work with though?

Ivy Valentine!

Her snake sword has a bunch of different stances and uses and when she whips it around in that air it is very much a lightweight kind floaty weapon. In some of the ways she uses it it actually comes apart and the pieces fly around so I think she's a good fit for both these pieces of speculation. I felt more confident when I thought Terry hinted at the next character because Terry is a fighting game character with a legacy and history, so my thoughts were that either Heihachi or a Kazama could show up or Nightmare/Siegfried but Ivy fits more than one bill here as she would fall under the two above AND the idea that Terry's inclusion could hint towards the next character...even though that's not true now.

Also, she's very much the 'Chun-Li' of Soul Calibur, if such a thing can be said since Soul Calibur is ridden with dozens of fan favorite characters. However, I would say that she is second in popularity only to Siegfried/Nightmare who, even separated, are essentially the same character. She's also female, which would satisfy the weird representation lust some of this fandom has for whatever reason. On top of that, people are wondering why Namco doesn't have a rep aside from Pac-Man. Well, other than Pac-Man being the absolute perfect rep for Namco in every possible way I can think of, maybe they are getting a new rep and we just don't know it yet!

That is all I got for now. Time to get ready for work...:/

link2702

Smash Champion
My only thing with Ivy getting in is the same with Mai....she has umm... two very big problems that aren’t easily ignored. (Of course Bayonetta is in and we all felt it was too difficult to ignore hers to be possible so who knows...)

But also I kinda feel nightmare/siegfried is a better choice since he’s kinda the main character effected by Soul Edge iirc, it’s what transformed him into the monstrosity he is.

D

Deleted member

I feel now more than ever that if geno is either fp five, or an extra character later on, his trailer is definitely gonna be something along what I mentioned awhile back, where he is considered basically the one who helped so many characters wishes come true getting to be in smash, and that now after all that work, he gets his own wish granted.
I always see people speculating wholesome intros for Geno selflessly granting wishes, and it's great because it fits his character. Definitely one of the reasons I hope Sakurai considers him done granting wishes with the Fighters Pass... I'd like to play him sooner rather than later. I mean, he's not the only star person up there granting wishes, I'd assume.

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It almost makes me wonder if it was some sort of galaxybrain 4D chess keikkaku plot by the person feeding Vergeben rumors to get Steve into the Smash speculation in a major way. Imagine being that hypothetical person and seeing your plan come to fruition.
LMAO!!! This is hilarious. :joyful:

You know what that means? Shrek is coming to Smash. :4pacman:

I'm hoping it is the reason why we got a grab bag of Mii Fighter costumes, or else the remaining Mii Fighter costume reveals is going to be scary to sit thru.
I was very happy to see my boi Goemon as a Mii costume because I never thought he would be in Smash in any form. But as for popular characters, I wouldn't what them to get that treatment. To me, Mii costumes are only exciting for characters you thought had a 0% percent chance of ever appearing in Smash most notably someone real obscure like Goemon.

I'm not in all honesty. They got the rights for Banjo, his music, his stage and the cameos and the Spirits. All that in itself probably cost a decent chunk of change considering, as far as I know, you have to other purchase rights to characters individually or just blanket cover which could get very pricy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So guys, I think I want to speculate something. This had a bit more weight before I confirmed with Sabi that Terry in no way hints at character #5 and everyone is in the dark, but here me out.

Sakurai kept mentioning souls and 'Poor soul' in the B&K breakdown. Like, four or five times pretty much back to back he said that. So many people (that I'll jokingly call normies here) immediately thought Dark Souls. My first thought? Someone else mentioned it here, but Soul Calibur.

Soul Calibur is all about poor lost souls forever clashing over Soul Edge and Soul Edge and Soul Calibur. There are evil character who are collecting souls to get stronger, one of the mechanics is called Soul Charge, hell the legendary weapons everyone fights over have Soul in their name...HELL THE GAME HAS IT IN IT'S NAME! Even the announcer keeps talking about souls. If what Sakurai said was a hint, to me it's clearly Soul Calibur.

You remember that Japanese leak that maybe be fake now? Talking about a female character with a flying weapon? The more I thought about it, Nakoruru didn't make the cut to that: sure, her falcon can fly and she attacks with it, but it's not a weapon in the traditional sense. You know who this does work with though?

Ivy Valentine!

Her snake sword has a bunch of different stances and uses and when she whips it around in that air it is very much a lightweight kind floaty weapon. In some of the ways she uses it it actually comes apart and the pieces fly around so I think she's a good fit for both these pieces of speculation. I felt more confident when I thought
Terry hinted at the next character because Terry is a fighting game character with a legacy and history, so my thoughts were that either Heihachi or a Kazama could show up or Nightmare/Siegfried but Ivy fits more than one bill here as she would fall under the two above AND the idea that Terry's inclusion could hint towards the next character...even though that's not true now.

Also, she's very much the 'Chun-Li' of Soul Calibur, if such a thing can be said since Soul Calibur is ridden with dozens of fan favorite characters. However, I would say that she is second in popularity only to Siegfried/Nightmare who, even separated, are essentially the same character. She's also female, which would satisfy the weird representation lust some of this fandom has for whatever reason. On top of that, people are wondering why Namco doesn't have a rep aside from Pac-Man. Well, other than Pac-Man being the absolute perfect rep for Namco in every possible way I can think of, maybe they are getting a new rep and we just don't
know it yet!

That is all I got for now. Time to get ready for work...:/
Ivy would be cool, but my to go Soul Calibur rep would have to be Yoshimitsu. He could rep both Tekken and Soul Calibur. :chuckle:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was very happy to see my boi Goemon as a Mii costume because I never thought he would be in Smash in any form. But as for popular characters, I wouldn't what them to get that treatment. To me, Mii costumes are only exciting for characters you thought had a 0% percent chance of ever appearing in Smash most notably someone real obscure like Goemon.
After seeing Goemon, I started wanting a Vic Viper Mii costume similar to the Vic Viper Bomberman in Super Bomberman R. The gun arm could be an option and everything.

But I totally agree that Mii costumes are a slap in the face if it's a popular character and super fun when it's someone you either didn't want or thought would never be anywhere near the game in the first place. I guess what I just said sort of shows the subjectivity of whether or not a Mii costume is a slap in the face, though...

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Gonna be honest and say, while I personally would love to see Soul Calibur representation in Smash and I LOVE my babe Isabella 'Ivy' Valentine, I don't think she'd feel... right in Smash. Bayonetta, I could honestly see working with some censorship, and that's what we got. Ivy is so, SO laden with risque sex appeal that Bayonetta kinda pales in comparison. I guess if anyone could pull it off, it'd be Sakurai, but it begs the question of how in the world would he be able to do that while keeping what makes the character memorable intact? Let's be real: like it or not, Ivy's, ahem, exposing design is pretty darn iconic.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
They should put Link from Soul Calibur II in Smash

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
While on the topic of Soul Calibur guys, I think the main Legend of Zelda theme in Soul Calibur II was one of the best versions of the song ever:

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
Geno's trailer will be one for the books, man. I keep speculating ideas and reading all of yours, but I'm gonna be an emotional wreck regardless. Can't wait for all of my non-Smash normie friends to unfollow me on social platforms when I freak out. (:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Yoshimitsu seems the most fitting for a Soul Calibur representative because he has a history with both Tekken and Soul Calibur. Plus Sakurai would be someone to take advantage of all his different looks appearing as alternate costumes.

Other possibilities include Nightmare, Seong-Mia, Voldo (my personal SC pick) or even just Mitsurugi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom