• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So I was on Sabi’s discord chat and I saw Sabi say Geno is more likely to be a costume than a character

I know that was probably speculation but my heart sunk a little
You gotta share context here. Do you have a screenshot?

Cause Sabi has been wrong before she didn't think the "Witch Puzzle + Bear and Bird" pic was Banjo, She was the founder of Blog Theory which was wrong and Speculation, Etc. She sure as hell could be wrong now.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Well, you have to realize things are kept secret for reasons. I don't think it'd exactly be "jumping the gun" unless something was made public.

I don't want to defend Vergeben but his conversation where he said "There are no DK characters added to Smash" right before K Rool was released wasn't made public (By Him) because it was information he hadn't verified.

But I'm not sure what Fatman was talking about. You'd have to ask him
That's fair albeit a stark outlier to what we were told about the formation of the previous picture hints he made for you and his other friends so I feel justified in having brought it up. Thanks for airing it out with your edited comment at the end however I appreciate transparency when using public areas. Though Fatman certainty has some explaining to do. : )

So I was on Sabi’s discord chat and I saw Sabi say Geno is more likely to be a costume than a character

oof yeah but it was a possibility we all know exists, though not like a personal hunch means anything. I can only hope that when information regarding geno's future comes they wouln't hoard it and let us escape this godforsaken ride we've been stuck on what seems like an eternity

T2by4

Smash Lord

Post the image and end our us misery already pls.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
sora is still number 1 in the usa and europe polls though i admit this is somewhat funny

Byleth over Sephiroth, H'oh boy, FF fans won't be happy about this
I can testify, I'm baffled by that. But I'm more happy to see him rise in the lists. The west underestimates him bc they think he is impossible. If people saw how possible he actually was, he would be much more popular in these fan polls.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Take it from someone who actually studied the leaks from before the game came out. Fatmanonice does not know anything at all and probably was playing everyone for the hype. It's best to forget about the boy who cried wolf.
i don't think he's deceiving us at all.

Last edited:

Cuzeba123

Smash Apprentice
I'm just gonna throw this into the ring to get some nice speculation going. We all like that, yeah?

The music has been on our mind for a while. The OST being taken down and that fan remix of BtFM getting chopped at the same time as a Megalovania remix? Wild.

The announcement of additional DLC has out some pep in our step, but what I've been thinking about is this: why were the tracks taken down so long ago if the discussion of the characters after the Fighters Pass would most likely be a more recent development?

Could Geno be our #5? Not very likely, but this may give it something.
I'd be happy with that because I've just bought the fighter pass yesterday XD but my bet is that he'll be the first fighter we get after the pass if the other fighters come in the form of fighter pass #2, so they can say "look, that's worth buying"

T2by4

Smash Lord
>did you read what sakurai said

What did she mean by this? Is she refering to his old quote about how Geno is popular in the past? From what I'm seeing she's in the same boat as us. The music being taken down means geno is coming in some way as evidence with banjo and sans. We could be getting music like the sans costume, but obviously a character is the best way to go.

I don't think it means anything, it looks like she doesn't have evidence right now to prove one way or another and is just speculating like the rest of us.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
In regards to the image displaying the most popular fighters by region, there are seven characters that can be seen repeated in two or more regions and honestly, they all seem to be among the top contenders that might potentially make it into Ultimate.

1. Sora
2. Crash
3. Steve
4. Dante
5. Geno
6. Doom Slayer
7. 2B

Again, since these are top fighters by comments on official Nintendo twitter (tweets I suppose), this means nothing (yet).

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Huh, I thought Geno had more support in Japan than that, but also the Japanese responses confuse the ever living hell out of me. Why is a Gundam on the list (shouldn't it be disqualified for the same reason we don't put Goku on lists?), why is Raiden of all characters listed (this one seriously baffles me, even MGS: Rising Raiden isn't super beloved from what I've seen), and where the hell did Lloyd come from to be top dog. And not a mention of Bandanna Dee or Rex/Pyra after they've consistently been huge over there?

Seems super weird to me and I wonder how people in Japan treat something like Tweeting character requests vs here and how many people use Twitter in Japan on a regular basis. I know this isn't the best metric for measuring stuff like this in the least bit, but it does strike me as such an odd list for Japan... Then again Europe somehow ends up with Jibanyan, Agumon, and Heavy... So what the hell do I know lol?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Huh, I thought Geno had more support in Japan than that, but also the Japanese responses confuse the ever living hell out of me. Why is a Gundam on the list (shouldn't it be disqualified for the same reason we don't put Goku on lists?), why is Raiden of all characters listed (this one seriously baffles me, even MGS: Rising Raiden isn't super beloved from what I've seen), and where the hell did Lloyd come from to be top dog. And not a mention of Bandanna Dee or Rex/Pyra after they've consistently been huge over there?

Seems super weird to me and I wonder how people in Japan treat something like Tweeting character requests vs here and how many people use Twitter in Japan on a regular basis. I know this isn't the best metric for measuring stuff like this in the least bit, but it does strike me as such an odd list for Japan... Then again Europe somehow ends up with Jibanyan, Agumon, and Heavy... So what the hell do I know lol?
And don¨t forget Byleth over the likes of Sepiroth(I mean... what????). My guess about Gundam is that Gundam is there answer to Goku/Shrek here in the west.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Japan had Magnemite as their most requested Pokemon in Pokken Tournament poll. I have to admit, that is an awesome pick regardless of how realistic they could have made it. Magnemite is one of the best looking first form Pokemon out there.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
I agree with DIY DIY and Dynamic Worlok Dynamic Worlok . Sabi’s basically reiterating our feeling that Geno’s missing costume is odd. She’s just saying that the costume returning should be the bare minimum, so it’s the safest bet.

I agree with her in that the costume should be coming back. That said, imo it wouldn’t be unusual for it to return with Geno as a fighter considering you can have about three different Chroms on the same screen.

I’m leaning toward Geno’s in as a fighter now, like 55/45, but Sans created a new precedent that fits Geno well. A Geno head helmet with a song or two could also happen.

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
And don¨t forget Byleth over the likes of Sepiroth(I mean... what????). My guess about Gundam is that Gundam is there answer to Goku/Shrek here in the west.
The main support for Sephiroth is mainly in the west and not in Japan and Byleth is very popular in Japan as even though FE3H sold better in the west the characters of it are still very popular in Japan.

EDIT: I don't think Byleth and Sephiroth will make the cut in this game unless there is a big push for them, and I can only see Byleth possibly getting that but not Sephiroth.

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
The main support for Sephiroth is mainly in the west and not in Japan and Byleth is very popular in Japan as even though FE3H sold better in the west the characters of it are still very popular in Japan.

EDIT: I don't think Byleth and Sephiroth will make the cut in this game unless there is a big push for them, and I can only see Byleth possibly getting that but not Sephiroth.
That is not true. Sephiroth is gigantic in both regions. He is still the highest rated RPG villain in Japan, and is one of the most requested chars to get in Smash for a while now. Also, don't forget FFVII Remake is the most hyped game in the industry right now. He is as relevant and hyped as he was 20 years ago.
I think actually both Byleth and Sephiroth have a very good shot at future DLC now.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

bear in mind, it's entirely culled from people's responses to official nintendo posts.

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
That is not true. Sephiroth is gigantic in both regions. He is still the highest rated RPG villain in Japan, and is one of the most requested chars to get in Smash for a while now.
I think actually both Byleth and Sephiroth have a very good shot at future DLC now.
I would not call Sephiroth one of the most requested characters to get in Smash, and I am a big Final Fantasy fan and would love for him to get in. Same for Byleth as I adore Three Houses and Fire Emblem as a whole.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't see why Byleth would get more votes than Eldegard. Byleth is just another generic blue swordsman, right? Or is there something special I don't know about

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I would not call Sephiroth one of the most requested characters to get in Smash, and I am a big Final Fantasy fan and would love for him to get in. Same for Byleth as I adore Three Houses and Fire Emblem as a whole.
He has been, although not in these circles in particular. In Japan he has been pretty consistently showing up.
Even fan polls here, if you dig enough you'll find him as the second or third highest requested character in the west after Sora and Geno.

I don't see why Byleth would get more votes than Eldegard. Byleth is just another generic blue swordsman, right? Or is there something special I don't know about
He wields a whip sword, which is actually pretty unique

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He has been, although not in these circles in particular. In Japan he has been pretty consistently showing up.
Even fan polls here, if you dig enough you'll find him as the second or third highest requested character in the west after Sora and Geno.

He wields a whip sword, which is actually pretty unique
So, Byleth is Ivy?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, have they decided which fighters will become DLC yet?

And I don't think what Sabi said about the costume will necessarily turn out true, if she even is claiming that to begin with.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
My bold prediction of the day, partially inspired by the bull**** Twitter poll, is that we're going to see Geno AND Sora as the two big fan requests that happen in this upcoming DLC. They just both make a ton of sense and are heavily fan requested characters that both seemingly face impossible odds as character requests and do field quite a bit of hate and skepticism from certain crowds. Geno I think happens because Sakurai is looking to realize his ambition and fans desire for the character, and I think Sora similarly happens, but also to be another one of those "bring the house down" type moments he's had with someone like Cloud in the past. Maybe that's "too many Square Enix JRPG characters" or whatever, but who cares, we're being optimistic and shooting for the stars, and this honestly doesn't seem that unrealistic anymore and hell, if we get a reveal at TGAs, I'm actually inclined to say Sora will turn up there and it's possible Geno could be the first post Fighter's Pass character...

What a world that would be, everybody happy with the Square Enix representation in Smash and two massive titans of speculation finally brought into Smash.

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
His whip sword, battalion abilities, and crest for starters. Also Edelgard is the least popular of the three house leaders and story-wise you cannot choose one house leader to fit the role of a Smash fighter (Plus there are better axe user in the series and Edelgard doesn't do anything special with her axe unlike the other leaders doing something special with theirs). It would make no sense for her to get in over Byleth, the same goes for Claude and Dimitri too (Even though Dimitri would be a sick addition). I would list my reasonings as to why but then I would be spoiling Three House's plot, which I do not want to do as it is a really great game.

Edelgard has ended up as a rather.... controversial character since release. Thats most likely why Byleth would get more.
Dang I wish I saw your post before making mine because you sum it up much better than I do, since I went into a small rant, rather incoherent, rant as to why it doesn't make sense for her to get in over Byleth.

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
My bold prediction of the day, partially inspired by the bull**** Twitter poll, is that we're going to see Geno AND Sora as the two big fan requests that happen in this upcoming DLC. They just both make a ton of sense and are heavily fan requested characters that both seemingly face impossible odds as character requests and do field quite a bit of hate and skepticism from certain crowds. Geno I think happens because Sakurai is looking to realize his ambition and fans desire for the character, and I think Sora similarly happens, but also to be another one of those "bring the house down" type moments he's had with someone like Cloud in the past. Maybe that's "too many Square Enix JRPG characters" or whatever, but who cares, we're being optimistic and shooting for the stars, and this honestly doesn't seem that unrealistic anymore and hell, if we get a reveal at TGAs, I'm actually inclined to say Sora will turn up there and it's possible Geno could be the first post Fighter's Pass character...

What a world that would be, everybody happy with the Square Enix representation in Smash and two massive titans of speculation finally brought into Smash.
Sora doesn't have impossible odds at all. Almost every party involved expressed approval for the inclusion. All it takes is Sakurai wanting to do it, and Nomura giving the ok over something else.
And don't forget that he is not a SE character. Having Geno/Seph + Sora is actually a lot more viable than people are giving credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom