• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Anecdotal evidence ain't it chief. Just because you don't dabble in other fighting games, nor does your friend circle, doesn't mean it's not big.

I didn't watch Game of Thrones because I didn't know about it. Does that mean it wasn't a big deal at the time? No, it just meant I wasn't in on the most recent trend.

Feel free to give this a read at some point: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_of_Fighters and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNK.

Also, here is a list of the games the have made or been involved with: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SNK_games.

They are no where near niche.

Once again, proof that the Smash community is very much removed from the FGC, because anyone who has played a decent amount of fighting games knows about SNK.
People know of SNK but keeping it real KoF is like in 4th or 5th place in terms of big fighting game series that a lot of people have played. Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and Soul Calibur are at this point all bigger names in the modern FGC than KoF imo. As someone who does play a lot of fighting games it is comparatively more niche at this point than those other franchises I listed. KoF games still come out and people still like them but they've never been as massively popular with the wider fighting game audience. You can't even make the argument that it's especially huge in Japan like DQ, the hot current thing people went crazy over like Persona 5, or the massive nostalgia-trip like Banjo-Kazooie's inclusion. So really taking a step back I don't think it's crazy that some people might be scratching their heads about Terry being FP character 4.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So can we please get Terry's KoF 2003 jacket as an alt for Smash?

I mean just LOOK at this man, I want him to be my cool Uncle my parents keep insisting isn't that cool. I need it.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Wow it seems like every time i go offline for several hours exciting things seem to happen.

So the pass is looking like banjo and sakurai picks huh? Well I was heavily suspicious about that since hero and now seeing Terry and all this has all but confirmed it. I've mentioned multiple times that the Nintendo decision comment was total bunk and just deflecting potential heat off him because no way did Nintendo ask for joker of all things. So it's nice to get validated about that theory to some degree. As for sabi's comments while I'll always bemoan the ivory tower situation these leakers have created with all these hints and teases of withheld info sans vr plant im glad to at least see future dlc seems a very real possibility again and if 4 ends up spoiling 5, as the ryu thing seems to be about then im glad the speculation is finally over because good god this has been rough. I'm very much looking forward to having no expectations for content since Nintendo seems hellbent on giving us as little heads up as possible for anything. I know geno is likely out for the pass but we know that anyway so it's not much of a shock. I'm very confident in his place in future dlc so I'm perfectly fine with this situation.

Here to the final stretch of rail in sakurai's wild ride been glad to have yalls company

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
God Twitter is going to become insurable for the next couple days. The ***s mad memes are already in full force. And they are even starting to use "Are you ok!?"

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Almost like I have a C&D, and even said that this info came from somebody who asked me to not outright share it, so I had to wait on somebody else to spill the beans first. I tried giving enough hints to make it obvious. I gotta be real careful
Please continue being careful.

We can be patient about this, well I know I can. Don't want anyone else being taken out by the Ninteninja's before the year is over.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
My personal theory of there being a second fighter pass with 1st party (slash series already in) characters, coming with echos instead of stages? The stage list seems pretty much full unless they resize it, so I think the most likely thing is that after this we're not getting any more new series for DLC. The rest of the DLC would have to be okay with not taking a stage, and then to keep the price of the second pass the same as the first one, they'd bundle in echo fighters instead. A lot of the more highly requested characters still around don't need a stage. (Geno could have a stage obviously, but he doesn't need one. Then there's Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, Pokemon reps, Zelda reps, etc etc.)

Hypnotically? Oh no...

Technically, we could get more than what the slots seem to imply. Smash 4 actually added extra character IDs midway through. (Specifically because Bayonetta wasn't always planned to have an alt for Bayonetta 1.)
If they can re-size the character select screen (which is already full with Echoes on right now), they can resize the stages or just add a tab for future DLC stages if they so choose. Keep in mind Echoes would also take the slots, so if those are truly planned to mean something, adding Echoes more or less ensures whatever DLC comes next is the end of the line. No new stage DLC would also actively work against Geno too I would think.

I think the chances are decent. Since Sabi went ahead and flat out said it, rumors are currently pointing at Ryu being #5 and, personally, I think that it will go over as well as a dead fish dropped on someone's doormat. Ninja Gaiden has a lot of history and Toei/Team Ninja have been friends with Nintendo forever so it makes sense as a Sakurai pick... not so much as a fan pick (doesn't help that there's already multiple ninja characters already), meaning that essentially 4 of the 5 were chosen under the previous criteria. He's also not exactly a great character to finish off the pass with if this was truly the end.

Nintendo's not dumb, despite what a lot of people think. He doesn't exactly bode confidence in future Smash DLC. With Smash fans not being super enthused about most of the picks, imagine how it is for casuals. For what I've seen, Banjo's the only character that's hit the bullseye. Early reactions to Terry are pretty bitter and Ryu will probably be more of the same. Nintendo has said time and time again that they love fans reactions and most of the reactions to this fighter pass have been "oh." Perhaps this is why Sakurai insisted on only buying the pass if people were confident in the content, because he kind of had a feeling that a lot of the characters wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea...
I think you're putting too much faith in the "casuals." When they see big, recognizable IPs and cool looking characters, they're generally happy in my experience. The only DLC that hasn't gone over well so far has been Hero (and that's mostly because of the "who" comments and the anti-sword brigade that trashed the character before he'd even had a second of gameplay shown), and again, it went over extremely well in Japan from what we've all seen (again, this goes back to my point that Smash applies to an incredibly wide audience of people in different regions and walks of life). People actually seem to be taking Terry incredibly well in most places to my utter shock and surprise despite some grumblings (including my own misguided stuff). Joker was a huge ****ing deal when he was released to basically everyone I saw except for the salt of the "hardcore Smash forum-goers." Like I genuinely saw very little backlash with Joker outside of people upset about his "lack of connections to Nintendo" or "not being a Nintendo character." Ryu Hayabusa is another one of those beloved NES icons that people have nostalgia for and people still talk about Ninja Gaiden very positively in most contexts with a lot of support for the character.

Basically, one you get out of the more specific hardcore Smash fan base, I think overall the reactions to the whole Fighter's Pass has been super positive in the places they were supposed to be. Joker for the wider gaming audiences at an event like The Game Awards, Hero for the Japanese Smash players, and Banjo for the Smash fans and Nintendo faithful. Terry seems to be a character for the fighting game crowd and also specifically for other regions (the more I learn about SNK, the more I see that they're presence has been much bigger outside of the US it seems). Where Ryu would fall in remains to be seen of course, but I don't know if the confidence angle is so sound. I mean, it's not like people won't immediately drop the money on a character they really want down the line even if the earlier ones don't do anything for them, and a great deal of Smash players who are interested in DLC in the first place will just keep buying DLC as long as its made.

Isn't it sad that the only new Nintendo series that was added in Ultimate was Splatoon and that's it?
I mean, Nintendo's already super close to having every Nintendo "series" (as in franchises with more than one game) in Smash as is. The new franchises you'd even be able to add basically reach their peak in terms of sales and notability at Golden Sun, and drop off from there (Which is really saying something). This isn't really all that surprising. The only new IP between Smash 4 and Ultimate to not get in was ARMS, so there's nothing to really pull from there beyond that (and it was an untested, kind of niche IP prior to the project plan anyway) and no other IPs have come back in the past few years that weren't around for Smash 4.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If they can re-size the character select screen (which is already full with Echoes on right now), they can resize the stages or just add a tab for future DLC stages if they so choose. Keep in mind Echoes would also take the slots, so if those are truly planned to mean something, adding Echoes more or less ensures whatever DLC comes next is the end of the line. No new stage DLC would also actively work against Geno too I would think.
You're right. The predcent is already there with how they handled custom stages. They just added a custom stage tab.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
People know of SNK but keeping it real KoF is like in 4th or 5th place in terms of big fighting game series that a lot of people have played. Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and Soul Calibur are at this point all bigger names in the modern FGC than KoF imo. As someone who does play a lot of fighting games it is comparatively more niche at this point than those other franchises I listed. KoF games still come out and people still like them but they've never been as massively popular with the wider fighting game audience. You can't even make the argument that it's especially huge in Japan like DQ, the hot current thing people went crazy over like Persona 5, or the massive nostalgia-trip like Banjo-Kazooie's inclusion. So really taking a step back I don't think it's crazy that some people might be scratching their heads about Terry being FP character 4.
I think Soul Calibur is debatable, as SC4 and 5 were NOT received well and it was thought that was the end of the road up until the sudden announcement of SC6 that people were hoping for. Sadly SC6 isn't as big of a return as I would have hoped. Not bad, just not quite the roaring return I would have wanted. It happens when the fact that it wasn't like any other fighting game was what people liked about it and each new iteration makes it more and more like conventional fighting games. It's a real shame, as it turned me off of the game within hours of buying it and I was hoping for a new Soul Calibur for years.

The rest I would agree, however I would state that Mortal Kombat is REALLY hitting those diminishing returns factor. When you add in it's less-than-stellar release, the socio-political drama this recent title as garnered, and how horribly delayed the DLC releases are...it's a good thing Boon says they want to take a break on Mortal Kombat because they need it. Street Fighter is also getting stale. In fact, this is the perfect time for SNK to remind people what it's like to play ACTUAL fun and exciting fighting games. Mortal Kombat/Injustice and Street Fighter

God Twitter is going to become insurable for the next couple days. The ***s mad memes are already in full force. And they are even starting to use "Are you ok!?"
I get you hate it, but my god that is great to me.

I hope that they also throw out some "Get Serious!" when people start complaining about how 'any other pick would be better'.

I mean. just look at GamesRadar and their opinion on him!

"The Legendary Hungry Wolf is one of SNKs most memorable characters for good reason: The American-born brawler is not only one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet, but also one of the fiercest sluggers The King of Fighters tournament has ever known. His general badassery landed him a spot on our list of the best fighting game characters, plus, he has flowing locks of golden hair, shouts hilariously memorable phrases as he pummels foes into pulp, and even has a pet monkey, which is just plain awesome."

How can you hate the guy! He even loves animals!

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Anecdotal evidence ain't it chief. Just because you don't dabble in other fighting games, nor does your friend circle, doesn't mean it's not big.

I didn't watch Game of Thrones because I didn't know about it. Does that mean it wasn't a big deal at the time? No, it just meant I wasn't in on the most recent trend.

Feel free to give this a read at some point: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_of_Fighters and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNK.

Also, here is a list of the games the have made or been involved with: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SNK_games.

They are no where near niche.

Once again, proof that the Smash community is very much removed from the FGC, because anyone who has played a decent amount of fighting games knows about SNK.
My issue is that I can't find a damn thing about sales figures regarding The King of Fighters games and that they're so far removed from the mainstream that a lot of video game literature also overlooks them. I can point to viewer counts and HBO subscriptions to prove that Game of Thrones was a huge thing, I'm still lacking a lot of evidence to really understand KOF's place in the world and it seems to be utterly reliant on people telling me how big it is. I need to fact check, damn it! (This is supposed to be cheeky for reference).

If anything, Smash fans are super predictable and this was destined to become a thing

You're right. The predcent is already there with how they handled custom stages. They just added a custom stage tab.
They've also done lots of other additions. The VR menu option wasn't even a previously datamined option from what I've heard so they added that. The DLC Spirits tab was added with Joker, and then expanded to a full brand new menu when Hero dropped with his. They certainly don't seem to have any issues with changing the existing structure of the menus to incorporate new elements.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Whelp, just thought I'd throw out my 3 cents there.

I think i'm bowing out from Smash speculation at this point. Things are getting too complicated and chaotic with leaker this and insider that, news is coming out every 5 minutes, similar to the lead-up to the November Smash Direct. Seems like everyone and their uncle at Nintendo has some insider knowledge and knows all the answers. Seeing insider talk already on character 5, 6 months before their potential release, just makes speculation feel pointless. Kind of a similar feeling in Smash 4 when Gematsu was everywhere. All the wink wink/nudge nudge, this is a picture of a thing and I'm not telling you what I'm telling you insider speak is getting confusing and not enjoyable. To me. I'm not speaking for anyone else. And no one is forcing me to look at it, nor do I want to stop people who do like it, so I think I will take that idea and just move on.

I do wish Nintendo just gave out the Fighter Pass list on day 1 so fandoms could move on, though. Their hope for true surprise hype has been defeated before each FP reveal.

Looks like Geno isn't coming and looks like FP 4 and 5 will be characters that are meh to me. Look, congrats to their fans for getting their favorite, but I'm not going to feign hype for characters I have no connection to. If I find that character disappointing, then that's my opinion on the character pick, not at Sakurai, not at that character's fans, not at that character's series. If someone I liked got in and someone didn't find it exciting, then that's fine. I'm not going to finger wag shame them and try to educate them on their opinion. People don't have to like EVERY pick.

Anyway, I think from now on, I'll just wait for official Smash news from Nintendo. Good night everybody.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Since the argument was brought up, I could see Geno not coming with a stage. We'd all prefer if he did but I'd be totally okay with him getting the Corrin treatment. I've been arguing since the beginning but Bandana Waddle Dee is another character that this would be perfectly fine for.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Almost like I have a C&D, and even said that this info came from somebody who asked me to not outright share it, so I had to wait on somebody else to spill the beans first. I tried giving enough hints to make it obvious. I gotta be real careful
I understand it must be very difficult with a C&D, so no worries Sabi. Be as careful as you need to be.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So where are we standing in regards to SNK being #4? All but confirmed or have new developments cropped up?
All but confirmed. It's pretty much being backed by every major insider that covers Nintendo stuff. Beyond that, Ryu as #5 is a rumor but it's a name that keeps coming up again and again so people are starting to think that there might be something to it.

MattX20

Smash Hero
All but confirmed. It's pretty much being backed by every major insider that covers Nintendo stuff. Beyond that, Ryu as #5 is a rumor but it's a name that keeps coming up again and again so people are starting to think that there might be something to it.
Until something really substantial comes, I'm treating Ryu Hayabusa as rumor and nothing more. We musn't forget Doomslayer is also highly rumored also and that character has yet to fade away from Smash speculation. Also, I'm doing okay TyrantLizardKing TyrantLizardKing

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I do wish Nintendo just gave out the Fighter Pass list on day 1 so fandoms could move on, though. Their hope for true surprise hype has been defeated before each FP reveal.
I don't think Nintendo withheld the information about the Fighter's Pass to "create a true surprise." I think they did it to ensure that people kept talking and speculating about the game and that sort of stuff led to continued hype well after Ultimate's initial release. No other game has character reveals that are basically massive game announcement level stuff like this. From any financial or business perspective, it would be foolish to throw away those opportunities for free advertisement and renewed interest to just provide some people with relief for their own manufactured expectations. This has also mostly been the industry standard for DLC forever too, with only more recently games deciding to reveal a full season of content (which arguably need it much, much more than Smash given those announcements don't even carry half the weight at the best of times).

It kept the community involved and enjoying speculation. I think a lot of us here are happier for being able to engage with our favorite game for a while longer, and speculation is almost as crucial a part of the "Smash experience" as the game itself. The journey of the last several months have brought quite a few people entertainment and a way to occupy their time that only exists in speculation cycles, so, honestly, I think their approach was all around for the better and from my personal standpoint, I wouldn't have it any other way.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
At this point, it seems as if Geno will not be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I was fine with Terry bogard as DLC #4, but Ryu Hayabusa as DLC #5 is incredibly underwhelming. Not like i didn't expect sakurai to leave us on a bad note again

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
well yeah but.

It’s like you’re on a fine line of nearly breaking the C&D anyway; you’re sometimes mentioning stuff in a way that seems to nearly outright spill the beans, or that you already knew if it’s after someone else.

Then the message deleting and whatnot everyone’s been in a fuss over.

I understand Nintendo is on your back and everything, I just don’t understand this way of doing the leaks or if they’re really needed at this point since the Ninteninjas are watching your twitter.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
okay, but, like, what was the deal with the starling bird image?
We've yet to find out, and nothing resembling a starling has come up since Sabi's source last insisted it was still in play.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Guys, I feel absolutely thrashed right now. These recent developments hurt me a lot only because I just want at least two characters that I like from a visual standpoint. Other than Banjo, none of these other fighters stand out to me. I have to hope and pray that #5 looks visually unique because although these characters sort of stand out, you could blend them with a bunch of other humans and I'd never be able to tell the difference.

I don't care if it's Geno, Rayman, Bandana Dee, or who knows what else, I just want something besides more humans. Especially super realistic ones.

D

Deleted member

fan reactions to Hero and Terry
even though at this point it's looking less than a 1% chance to be the case, assuming Terry is not a well orchestrated ruse, he's the first fighter pass character to be totally off the mark. Joker got me hype enough to buy the fighter pass in the first place (that and since I use my setup for tournament play I have to have all of them anyway), and I haven't even played Persona 5. Hero is HUGE in Japan, and even a lot of US players liked his reveal.

What bugs me the most about Terry is that unless there's mechanics in KoF/Fatal Fury that really set it apart from Street Fighter, he goes against the theory that Sakurai looks for interesting moveset potential, when the truth is he just has awful taste.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I am 100% sure it's going to be between Ryu and Doom Guy. Both seem to have lingered around the longest in terms of smash speculating and both seem to have proof backing them up. Even though I think Ryu's proof is lacking, people think otherwise. So I really do think it's between them two.

MattX20

Smash Hero
At this point, it seems as if Geno will not be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I was fine with Terry bogard as DLC #4, but Ryu Hayabusa as DLC #5 is incredibly underwhelming. Not like i didn't expect sakurai to leave us on a bad note again
There is no confirmation on Ryu Hayabusa, that's just a rumor for now.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Guys, I feel absolutely thrashed right now. These recent developments hurt me a lot only because I just want at least two characters that I like from a visual standpoint. Other than Banjo, none of these other fighters stand out to me. I have to hope and pray that #5 looks visually unique because although these characters sort of stand out, you could blend them with a bunch of other humans and I'd never be able to tell the difference.

I don't care if it's Geno, Rayman, Bandana Dee, or who knows what else, I just want something besides more humans. Especially super realistic ones.
This is the same boat I'm on and why swordies have never appealed to me. Characters like Captain Falcon and Marth stood out in Melee but at this point there are so many that they honestly start to blend together and feel too similar for me. Banjo and Geno were also the characters I wanted most out of the FP because of this too.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hate to be this guy, but can we back off on the Starling pic already!?

Our fellow Geno Bro has said all he can and will share with us when he can/when he is able. Seriously, y'alls thirst is insatiable!

However, with the assumption of new fighters after the pass potentially being a thing, gives me hope. So settle down, breath, relax....RELAX.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
This is the same boat I'm on and why swordies have never appealed to me. Characters like Captain Falcon and Marth stood out in Melee but at this point there are so many that they honestly start to blend together and feel too similar for me. Banjo and Geno were also the characters I wanted most out of the FP because of this too.
The Fighter's Pass just doesn't do it for me, which kind of blows because I had a lot of hopes for it. I get we have one slot left but considering past games and assuming it's the last fighter over all, I'm not expecting Geno or Rayman or anything super outlandish that adds to the Smash Bros theme of "anything goes." Especially when most of these DLC fighters are humans. I'm happy for everyone else but I honestly feel slightly robbed. I'll get over it after I sleep but as of this moment, I'm just kind of upset? Not like "oh my god, Sakurai is horrible" or anything like that. Just disappointed that most of the pass is just kind of "meh" to me. I was hoping for more than just the bear and the bird but I guess I can live with something rather than nothing. I honestly wish they had just announced the fighters, especially since the insiders and leakers just do it ahead of time anyway, so what's even the point of hiding it?

Glad Isabelle was my #7 and Banjo was my #6 but it stinks I couldn't get any of my top 5. This feels like Smash 4, where I was just confused and disappointed with Corrin and Bayonetta. I'm sure I'll be fine after I take a break for a while...

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman

Our fellow Geno Bro has said all he can and will share with us when he can/when he is able. Seriously, y'alls thirst is insatiable!

However, with the assumption of new fighters after the pass potentially being a thing, gives me hope. So settle down, breath, relax....RELAX.
Yeah, at the end of the day I get people can only share so much, and I wouldn't want anyone to risk more. But it's just so mysterious!

D

Deleted member

at this point the fact that starlings are nature's own Purina Falcon chow, I'm thinking it's Ryu Hayabusa. We know the disappointing truth, all these people want is closure, like those families in the murder shows.

Sakurai fails us again but everyone will be bowing at his feet as soon as he complains about his arthritis setting in

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The Fighter's Pass just doesn't do it for me, which kind of blows because I had a lot of hopes for it. I get we have one slot left but considering past games and assuming it's the last fighter over all, I'm not expecting Geno or Rayman or anything super outlandish that adds to the Smash Bros theme of "anything goes." Especially when most of these DLC fighters are humans. I'm happy for everyone else but I honestly feel slightly robbed. I'll get over it after I sleep but as of this moment, I'm just kind of upset? Not like "oh my god, Sakurai is horrible" or anything like that. Just disappointed that most of the pass is just kind of "meh" to me. I was hoping for more than just the bear and the bird but I guess I can live with something rather than nothing.

Glad Isabelle was my #7 and Banjo was my #6 but it stinks I couldn't get any of my top 5. This feels like Smash 4, where I was just confused and disappointed with Corrin and Bayonetta. I'm sure I'll be fine after I take a break for a while...
Like I'm saying, I don't think this is the end. People were pretty confident in all 16 placeholders being filled by the end of this pass at the beginning but there's no way that #5 is going to fill the remaining 11. People have mentioned echoes and I think that's a strong possibility but there's no way that will be the remaining ten, let alone more than half. That said, realistically speaking, it points to no less than 5 totally original additions so things are still technically open.

link2702

Smash Champion
I just want this roller coaster over already...I really wish someone would just give a definitive yes or no.

And I hope like hell that in the future smash bros, Either nintendo, Or sakurai, just tell everyone flat out who's getting in. No more making fans build hype while agonizingly waiting, Looking up constant pieces of evidence for and against their most wanted characters. Just say "these are the dlc characters that will eventually get released."

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Like I'm saying, I don't think this is the end. People were pretty confident in all 16 placeholders being filled by the end of this pass at the beginning but there's no way that #5 is going to fill the remaining 11. People have mentioned echoes and I think that's a strong possibility but there's no way that will be the remaining ten, let alone more than half. That said, realistically speaking, it points to no less than 5 totally original additions so things are still technically open.
I hope you're right, Doctor Strange.
I honestly would enjoy these in a Fighter's Pass 2:
Rayman
Globox (Echo of Rayman)
Shantae
Geno
Bandana Dee
The Vessel/Ghost/Knight
Marx
Metal Sonic (Echo of Sonic)
Dixie Kong (Echo of Diddy)
Medusa (Echo of Palutena)

vivala

Smash Journeyman
On the talk of evaluating the DLC as a whole though, am I the only one who was actually really hype about Plant? Mario is by far my favorite Nintendo franchise, particularly the spinoffs and especially the RPGs (TTYD is my favorite game of all time), and not only does a playable Mario baddie feel like something out of the spinoffs, but he's also the only character to reference the RPGs. We have his classic complete screen and Palutena's Guidance referencing Mario RPG, and his side B referencing TTYD. Short of Geno, Plant might be the closest we ever get to a character representing some of Nintendo's most special games, and I think that's really rad.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
My heart tells me to hope that since you haven't explicicitly told us the Bird doesn't mean Geno yet, there's still a chance

My brain tells me that Geno will not be playable in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate :(

D

Deleted member

I just want this roller coaster over already...I really wish someone would just give a definitive yes or no.

And I hope like hell that in the future smash bros, Either nintendo, Or sakurai, just tell everyone flat out who's getting in. No more making fans build hype while agonizingly waiting, Looking up constant pieces of evidence for and against their most wanted characters. Just say "these are the dlc characters that will eventually get released."
but that wouldn't "generate continued hype" for game that sold 10 billion copies day one and is a household name at this point.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Light Flaming Warning
Sakurai fails us again but everyone will be bowing at his feet as soon as he complains about his arthritis setting in
Wow, actually piss off.

Stop acting like everything the man does is some attack on our fanbase. You're here, so you're just as much of a "sucker" as the rest of us. Re evaluate how you're looking at things, because this is beyond unhealthy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom