• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I’ll keep hoping for that dream Capcom reveal until the last moment...

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So I started this yesterday but passed out, so there will be some edits here and there to reflect this.

/rant

Anyway I might take a bit of a break from smash seeing how like every new dlc week, it’s infested with the new character and gets kinda boring, so I’m gonna start a new smrpg file, this time trying to go through without using any timed hits, either for def or offense, should be interesting....
I think it was you who complimented my meme post. Thanks for that bud!

Y’know, we’re mentioning a Smash announcement at EVO and all that jazz, but I’m interested to know if you guys are gonna watch some of the matches at EVO.

I’m personally watching for Street Fighter and Smash Bros. So to hear that there could be a Smash announcement during EVO? Well, that just makes my time off even better!

I’ll make sure to leave this page open in another tab, just in case ;)
Can't say I'm super excited for SFV anymore. I'm with Maximillian_dood where it's just the same boring-ass game. This new character reveals that leaked did nothing for me other than Poison's design being more true to Final Fight was interesting. If you watch Maximillian_dood's second-most recent video or so talking about his expectations, he even mentions E.Honda by name and how doing just more of SFV without really shaking up the gameplay will not help them. Funny how he predicted E.Honda though.

I'll be trying to watch Top 8 for everything, but I'll watch more than Top 8 for FighterZ and SamSho with maybe more for Ultimate.

Speaking of predictions though, I'm going to call out a few here.

First off, MK11. If they seriously drop a trailer for Nightwolf tomorrow today, I expect another character trailer after Grand Finals. Spawn would be the best choice, but they might go for Sindel instead. I'm personally calling Spawn. Just like Geno, Spawn is a game-seller for me: I will buy MK11 based on how cool Spawn is.

EDIT: They ****ing did it, and he looks sick as ****! I expect Spawn at EVO, hands down.

I think it's too early for SNK to reveal another game even if it's getting close to time for a new KoF. They literally JUST released SamSho so I think we will just get some characters trailers for SamSho and that's it.

Blazblue Cross-Tag Battle will likely have some character reveals. I'm guessing one big trailer with a lot of cuts showing off more popular Blazblue character additions, some from P4A (if there are any characters left to be added) and fro Uniel. If the Senran Kagura stuff is true, we may also see a teaser for them much like we did for Ruby Rose (oh and by the by, I lost my **** so hard at the original BBCTB announcement that I annoyed all my friends and lost my voice). Rumors are of characters from other franchises as well and even more RWBY characters, but we will just have to wait and see about that. This could also be when they announce Person 5 Arena, so keep your eyes peeled for that.

EDIT:
VRPlant is saying that Yumi from Senran Kagure, Neapolitan from RWBY, and either an Akatsuki Blitzkamf rep or Akatsuki himself FROM Akatsuki Blitzkamf will be coming to BBCTG and will be likely shown at EVO. Normally I say to not trust leakers, and while this is still true, VRPlant has yet to be wrong so it's likely this will happen.

FighterZ will likely just be Super Janemba. I'm very saddened by this, and the rumors around Super Janemba being the last character sadden me even more. Either we aren't getting the movie characters at all, possibly due to the very unfortunate Vic situation (sorry to bring it up, but it's likely a factor if this rumor is true) or we are getting ANOTHER season of DLC and New Broly/SSGSS Gogeta are the start of THAT DLC season, or they might be a part of FighterZ Revelator or whatever they end up naming a possible re-release of the game with many tweaks and some new characters. Regardless, I'm a big advocate for Master Roshi. I know people dog on him (for some reason) but this would be his first appearance in an actually competitive and gorgeous 2D fighting game and I REALLY don't want him to miss out. However, I will say that at last EVO, they hit us with Base Goku/Base Vegeta AND Cooler, so we could get more than one teaser.

Uniel I have no clue. Maybe Persona 5 Arena can be announced here? Maybe a brand-new Uniel game? I have no say in this one.

I think Soul Calibur 6 will have another season of DLC announced. I hope they get some interesting guest character(s) or the bring back Hwang/Yung Seong and the rest of the favorites (which admittedly there aren't many left). I'm positive Cassandra will be revealed, but I'm also positive we will get more. SC6 has been doing a good job despite how much I dislike how they have tried to make it like other fighting games, so I have faith that they won't pull a SFV. Rumor has it that Haohmaru from SamSho will be a guest character, but I guess we will see.

SPEAKING OF! I doubt Capcom has anything else up their sleeve. I would LOVE for them to have Power Stone 3 or Rivals Schools Remake in the works, but Capcom has been so offkey with their fighting games while blowing everything else out of the park, and I expect this to continue. This early leak of E.Honda, Lucia and Poison is the only thing I expect to happen. Sad, I know, but not unlikely.

Ultimate is either going to have a Date for a Smash Direct announced...OR THEY GO FULL SICKO MODE AND DROP A REVEAL TRAILER LIKE THE GODS NINTENDO ARE! *Ahem* The idea the Nintendo is actually sending supposedly sponsored players to compete at EVO is a good step in the right direction, and I could see Nintendo finally fully supporting Smash as an E-Sport down the line.

Tekken 7... I have no ****ing idea. We've been hit with Akuma, Geese Howard, Noctis, and ****ING Negan and the game is still going strong, I would love to see Tekken X StreeFighter, but I have no predictions for them because I can't find patterns with Mr. Harasa-san. The man is a crazy-ass legend of a man!

Other things to consider is that ArcSystemWorks is making a Godzilla fighting game, that a KoF game is in the works, and that Sony has an announcement to make at the end of EVO...and they made SFV happen...and Spider-Man sold really well and was a good game...maybe Sony will be there to announce partnership with Capcom on Marvel vs Capcom 4? Who knows, I'm excited to see what they have in store of us.
Source Gaming just tweeted about the following featured content. It's a good watch. :')
This seems like wishful thinking to me. Joker really isn’t that recognizable (flashbacks to December when a bunch of people were asking who he was). DQ is recognizable but way more in Japan, Hero seems like fanservice for Japan, while an advertisement for DQXIS in the states. Banjo was the only one who was pure fanservice and not much else.

I’m still thinking Joker got in because of Sakurai. Doesn’t seem like a character Nintendo would pick.
And with how fun Hero seems to be to play, I think it was a good advertisement.

Also Japan got hype about Banjo, what you mean?

Before

Street Fighter and Tekken announce their reveals before their top 8. It is usually because that is when everyone is watching. Viewership and crowds usually begin to dip as soon as the final game finishes.
I will stay up through anything to watch any reveals, so it really doesn't matter where they place it for me. I'm just used to it being after Grand Finals because it's like a Marvel After-Credits scene.

[insert feels video here
Anyone else cry at the Velveteen Rabbit meaning? How what one person sees as a lack of caring the other knowing is signs of love, and how that love and constant wear and tear is what made him real and nothing else?

Oof, it got me pretty hard.

If it's transformitive indeed, THEN LET'S TRANFORM OUR BLUE PUPPET BOY INTO A PLAYABLE SMASH CHARACTER GODDAMMIT!

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
So, anything else I should add to the "Stress @ EVO" picture I'm doing? I have Geno sitting in front of a calendar that reads August 4 with a pie on the table beside it and a starling and party hat on his head as he nervously waits.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Has anything smash related ever been revealed at evo? Is sakurai going to be there?

D

Deleted member

Has anything smash related ever been revealed at evo? Is sakurai going to be there?
The August direct of last year for one. I have no idea about anything else but it's at least happened once.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
And there's that one guy who got Ken, firecat and PP.

With 4Chan leaks, 90% of them are crap, with the remaining 10% remotely being true at all.
Yes it's pretty much the only place where random anonymous text leaks have actually been real

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
You know the Smash 4 E3 leak was on 4chan right
Exactly, and that just turned out to be a Photoshopped little mac
I know the e3 leak happened on 4chan, but a good 99 percent of everything else is usually fake, enough so that unless it provides a staggering amount of evidence, it's pretty fair to assume it's fake. However, I will concede that, much like a broken clock, 4chan leaks are occasionally right

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
A big red flag for that 4chan leak is it coming out AFTER the Sakurai Hero Demo. They had hindsight bias for Geno's lack of a mii costume. If it was beforehand, i'd take it more seriously.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I hope Geno's coming. I have no clue what this bird means, Colonel and I'm sweating at the thought of EVO. Not that it deconfirms him but just the anticipation of the possibility.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't think EVO has ever had a mass leak has it? It doesn't tend to be as telegraphed as other events, but I suppose it might be because reveals at it at have become a recent trend.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Can't say I'm super excited for SFV anymore. I'm with Maximillian_dood where it's just the same boring-*** game. This new character reveals that leaked did nothing for me other than Poison's design being more true to Final Fight was interesting. If you watch Maximillian_dood's second-most recent video or so talking about his expectations, he even mentions E.Honda by name and how doing just more of SFV without really shaking up the gameplay will not help them. Funny how he predicted E.Honda though.

I'll be trying to watch Top 8 for everything, but I'll watch more than Top 8 for FighterZ and SamSho with maybe more for Ultimate.
Aw yeah, another Max fan!
I agree, SFV is pretty hard to watch now. I just, really wish they’d drop support for this game and just move on to working on SF6. But I’m a sucker for this game series, so I’ll trudge through a lot of the matches just to see the good bits. E. Honda was my SF2 main, and to see that in every iteration E. Honda has not been changed in a significant way to make me interested in playing him again really blows.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think we're going to get a reveal of a reveal thing, because there's no way that Nintendo would be about to potentially drop a fan request character and not say ''Tune in to EVO!"

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I don't think EVO has ever had a mass leak has it? It doesn't tend to be as telegraphed as other events, but I suppose it might be because reveals at it at have become a recent trend.
This seems like the year with the most leaks going into it which kind of really sucks for the companies involved. I honestly would have been cool with some of them staying surprises though I wouldn't mind Geno leaking if he were actually in lol

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
In my 13 years of wanting Geno I cannot remember a more exciting time than right now.

Sure, there were spikes in excitement for a few hours if we all saw a believable fake leak, but we’ve never been in an actual best case scenario right after a smash presentation. Smash directs/presentations have always been negative or neutral for Geno, up until this last one.

I’m having fun.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
In my 13 years of wanting Geno I cannot remember a more exciting time than right now.

Sure, there were spikes in excitement for a few hours if we all saw a believable fake leak, but we’ve never been in an actual best case scenario right after a smash presentation. Smash directs/presentations have always been negative or neutral for Geno, up until this last one.

I’m having fun.
This. It's good to feel like the universe is seemingly on our side even for this short moment in time.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This seems like the year with the most leaks going into it which kind of really sucks for the companies involved. I honestly would have been cool with some of them staying surprises though I wouldn't mind Geno leaking if he were actually in lol
I'll be amazed if everyone BUT Nintendo gets leaked by the time Sunday rolls around. Assuming they got something planned, anyway.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
People argue that there's no need to reveal #4 at a major event or close following but it could just as easily be argued for Joker and Hero too. They both could have easily been in Directs but they didn't because they wanted the maximum fan reaction they could get. Again, I used to chide Hero for "being a bad reveal at the biggest Western gaming convention" but they did it anyways because they wanted that bigass stage for the character. I also really don't put it past Nintendo to show #5 at the VGAs again so they're just going to do one in a plainass Direct? Nintendo's made a big ol' deal at the fact that there's only 5 and wOoOoO wHo CoUlD tHeY pOSsIBlY BeEeEeE so why not give all of them a big platform?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Note that the fighters pass says they will be adding these people till Feburary of 2020. This lines up with how Bayonetta and Corrin worked. We're going to know who 4 and 5 are long before then I'm sure of it.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
People argue that there's no need to reveal #4 at a major event or close following but it could just as easily be argued for Joker and Hero too. They both could have easily been in Directs but they didn't because they wanted the maximum fan reaction they could get. Again, I used to chide Hero for "being a bad reveal at the biggest Western gaming convention" but they did it anyways because they wanted that bigass stage for the character. I also really don't put it past Nintendo to show #5 at the VGAs again so they're just going to do one in a plainass Direct? Nintendo's made a big ol' deal at the fact that there's only 5 and wOoOoO wHo CoUlD tHeY pOSsIBlY BeEeEeE so why not give all of them a big platform?
It made no sense for them to reveal a DLC character the day before the friggin game released, but the mad lads did it anyway

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
I god damn hope Geno is announced. Though I'd be disappointed with him being a dlc character outside the fighter pass.

link2702

Smash Champion
This. It's good to feel like the universe is seemingly on our side even for this short moment in time.
Honestly we shouldn’t stress out at all. Even before all this good news creeping up lately we’ve been in the best spot we’ve ever been in. All the mentions of smrpg, and ultimate being heavy on the fan service overall with its characters, and even pre-ultimate, sure he was just a costume then, but he was one with far more recognition by Nintendo and sakurai tham all the others, with a splash screen, and music.

We don’t need to stress much, Geno’s in this time, i’m almost 100% positive.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Okay, come ON guys!

What is wrong with you?

"He could only be a bonus character." "Feels too early to announce a bonus character." "It doesn't make sense for them to announce a bonus character right now."

MOTHER****ERS, HE CAN BE PART OF THE GODDAMN FIGHTERS PASS!

Stop being so "oh woe is us, he can only be a bonus character" and wake up to the fact that Sakurai can do whatever he wants and Geno could easily be the next character in the Fighter's Pass!

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
They literally revealed #3 like 20 minutes after #2 so a month isn't going to hurt anyone lol

Edit: I apologize. It's actually about 2 months since E3

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
In what way, out of curiosity? I wasn't there, so I wouldn't know how to compare.
Images were posted (which was more obvious that it meant Banjo and not this bird stuff) hype went up, then people kept telling others to tamper their expectations, arguments would be had, days before the reveal was a huge low with everyone expecting it wouldn't happen, and then Boom, Hero was announced. :4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom