• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So what does that mean as far as FP5 then? It seems like everybody else had been heard for a while prior to their reveal, but the two of them only just recently showed their faces timeline-wise, which is kind of weird. I completely understand why someone like Lloyd would have made more sense since they've been in the speculation scene for quite a while, but does it affect the chances of it being a Bethesda character at all if despite evidence that they've been in contact with Nintendo regarding Smash Bros since around the time DLC started last year, nobody even heard a Bethesda character for FP5 until a month ago (and Doomguy only once the Mii Costume video showed up)?
It's a weird situation. To be honest, Bethesda wouldn't even be on my radar if it wasn't for Cacomallow, my NoA ambassador friend, and Geralt being an obvious fake or red herring. I was so set on Namco until the NoA ambassador was like "no Capcom, no Namco" for 5 and forced me to hard rewire my thinking some of my thinking on the topic. Like I said, my four contacts believe it's a Western character based on what they've heard and I don't think it's a coincidence that three heard Bethesda. The fact that a ton of my confidants and fact checking circle heard it too makes me think it's very heavily likely too.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Like I said, my four contacts believe it's a Western character based on what they've heard and I don't think it's a coincidence that three heard Bethesda. The fact that a ton of my confidants and fact checking circle heard it too makes me think it's very heavily likely too.
What did the other source say? The one that didn't say Bethesda like the other three.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I really hope there is a Direct next week. Like, 2020 hasn't exactly been that good so far, so it would nice to get some sort of small win early on. I don't think the community can handle waiting until February again.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'm almost a bit more curious about this emotional reveal fatman mentioned. Outside of mother 3; I really can't think of somthing nintendo could reveal that brings heavy feels. Maybe a paper mario game in the same vein as the classics? If anyone can look back at what he was talking about near the nindies and stuff, that would be appreciated.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What did the other source say? The one that didn't say Bethesda like the other three.
Microsoft, specifically Master Chief. Tons of reasons why I doubt it and there's a side of me that wonders if it's a "guess" rather than something they've actually heard. It's a sensitive topic. Some contacts get kind of defensive if you press too hard on stuff you don't agree on (ex: the NoA ambassador and Cacomallow) this particular one is kind of a hot head so it's not worth it.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
A thought occurred to me, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice . If a Western rep is indeed coming like you and the sources are guessing, what are the odds the character could be something other than Dragonborn or Doomslayer if the guess towards Bethesda is accurate and not potentially leakbait? Bethesda does have other franchises under their belt, and it's possible that it could be something else we're not factoring/considering.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Just because they scrapped the remaster doesn't mean that's enough for a deconfirmation. Banjo didn't get one either may I remind you
Banjo's could easily still be in the works. This is specifically 'This series isn't popular so no reboot' which, in this case, why would they put KOS-MOS in Smash if they have no plans to do anything with the franchise? Why not pick a more popular character that they do have plans for the series, like Lloyd/Yuri or Siegfriend/Nightmare or Heihachi?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Banjo's could easily still be in the works. This is specifically 'This series isn't popular so no reboot' which, in this case, why would they put KOS-MOS in Smash if they have no plans to do anything with the franchise? Why not pick a more popular character that they do have plans for the series, like Lloyd/Yuri or Siegfriend/Nightmare or Heihachi?
Heihachi is part of Pacman's taunt, so he's dead in the water. Nightmare is certainly possible given the big resurgence for Soul Cailbur in the last year or two. That, and KOS-MOS is Namco's crossover queen of sorts

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I really hope there is a Direct next week. Like, 2020 hasn't exactly been that good so far, so it would nice to get some sort of small win early on. I don't think the community can handle waiting until February again.
>Like, 2020 hasn't exactly been that good so far,

...It's only been four days
1578187783586.png

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

T2by4

Smash Lord
I too think that FP5 is Dragonborn from the hit game of the decade, "Skyrim". I would also recommend purchasing a copy of Skyrim as it is a fantastic game. I also hear that if you purchase Skyrim Geno's chances of getting into Smash are increased! It's totally legit guys, trust me, just buy my- err, Todd Howard's game.

Attachments

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A thought occurred to me, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice . If a Western rep is indeed coming like you and the sources are guessing, what are the odds the character could be something other than Dragonborn or Doomslayer if the guess towards Bethesda is accurate and not potentially leakbait? Bethesda does have other franchises under their belt, and it's possible that it could be something else we're not factoring/considering.
That's always in the realm of possibility. One of my contacts is predicting a Fall Out character and it's another one of those predictions where I just kind of just blink and don't bother arguing about it. That said, all three major Bethesda series have been brought up by either my contacts or people outside my circles. In my circles, Bethesda is definitely the winner but, of course, I can't speak on circles I'm not a part of.

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
That's always in the realm of possibility. One of my contacts is predicting a Fall Out character and it's another one of those predictions where I just kind of just blink and don't bother arguing about it. That said, all three major Bethesda series have been brought up by either my contacts or people outside my circles. In my circles, Bethesda is definitely the winner but, of course, I can't speak on circles I'm not a part of.
Should've been Commander Keen

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Has there been any other western rep that's been talked about as much as bethesda reps?

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Man, that would be some funny **** if, out of Bethesda’s three biggest series, the one that got a character in Smash was the one that doesn’t have a mainline game on the Switch yet

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Should've been Commander Keen
More or less. People were super ****in' cheeky about Banjo to the point where it was basically a mental test of endurance to not just say "It's ****in' Banjo! Banjo's coming to Smash! Hallelujah! Holy ****..." Terry was a desert and 5 has been like pulling teeth which is why I've primarily have said "**** it" and relying more on my theorycrafting than my contacts.

D

Deleted member

If Dragonborn gets revealed at the Nintendo direct, then I feel that Nintendo made a fail because The Game Awards would be a much better time. Since Skyrim is so popular and mainstream, having Dragonborn revealed there would garner much more publicity and make headlines. I guess Dragonborn wasn’t really ready or maybe he should of been ready.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Not really. Nobody expects Crash earlier than E3 and, kind of tragically, nobody takes Ubisoft seriously at all.
Well dang. Guess we're on the Dragnborn train then. Im totally alright with dragonborn, considering I've put tens of thousands of hours into the game lmao. Either Doomguy or Dragonborn are some high tier picks for Smash. I don't feel like pip boy from fallout would make as much headlines as dragonborn since everyone and their mother has skyrim nowadays with the amount of shilling Todd has done for it. For good reason though, because it's pretty great imo.

I would feel awful for Doom fans though. All that artwork of him and Geno hanging out would be for naught. All the artwork would change from geno and doomguy being bros to geno and dragnborn being bros. I'll still support doombros though, at least they have a good year ahead of them. New doom looks fantastic!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If Dragonborn gets revealed at the Nintendo direct, then I feel that Nintendo made a fail because The Game Awards would be a much better time. Since Skyrim is so popular and mainstream, having Dragonborn revealed there would garner much more publicity and make headlines. I guess Dragonborn wasn’t really ready or maybe he should of been ready.
Idk, I almost feel glad it wouldn't have been revealed there. It's not like the event was to such a good quality this year to demand such a reveal. If anything, the hype of a Smash reveal may have softened the well deserved blow of how crummy the event was. That's just my view on things, though.

Last edited:

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
Well dang. Guess we're on the Dragnborn train then. Im totally alright with dragonborn, considering I've put tens of thousands of hours into the game lmao. Either Doomguy or Dragonborn are some high tier picks for Smash. I don't feel like pip boy from fallout would make as much headlines as dragonborn since everyone and their mother has skyrim nowadays with the amount of shilling Todd has done for it. For good reason though, because it's pretty great imo.

I would feel awful for Doom fans though. All that artwork of him and Geno hanging out would be for naught. All the artwork would change from geno and doomguy being bros to geno and dragnborn being bros. I'll still support doombros though, at least they have a good year ahead of them. New doom looks fantastic!
It's not necessarily the case that either Doomguy or Dovakinn are a lock, honestly. Remember that it's speculation at the end of the day, so one of the contacts might be wrong to dismiss Ubisoft or the like out of hand.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Am I the only one who thinks that Dovakin is most likely leakbait? Because all of this talk about him reminds me of the discourse surrounding Steve before Banjo was revealed: The customizable avatar main protagonist of one of the biggest, most prolific games ever made is heard by insiders/speculators as a new character coming to Smash, acting as direct competition to another character from the same company who most people would prefer to see get in instead.
I too think that FP5 is Dragonborn from the hit game of the decade, "Skyrim". I would also recommend purchasing a copy of Skyrim as it is a fantastic game. I also hear that if you purchase Skyrim Geno's chances of getting into Smash are increased! It's totally legit guys, trust me, just buy my- err, Todd Howard's game.
Nice try, Hodd Toward! You already convinced me to buy 6 copies of Skyrim, I ain't buying a seventh!

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Am I the only one who thinks that Dovakin is most likely leakbait? Because all of this talk about him reminds me of the discourse surrounding Steve before Banjo was revealed: The customizable avatar main protagonist of one of the biggest, most prolific games ever made is heard by insiders/speculators as a new character coming to Smash, acting as direct competition to another character from the same company who most people would prefer to see get in instead.

Nice try, Hodd Toward! You already convinced me to buy 6 copies of Skyrim, I ain't buying a seventh!
I would be more willing to believed dovah being leak bait for doom guy than vice versa. Although my hopes for doomguy still aren't the highest right now. If steve was confirmed leak bait for banjo, I'd be more inclined to join that conclusion.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Genuinely don't care about Dragonborn. Aside from Banjo, I've given negative ****s about the Fighter's Pass picks (I like who they chose but I have no personal attachment to them) which is my I hope my triple "promotion" theory is true for 6, 7, and 8. Obviously, Geno's by far the grand prize but getting the other two would be great given I have fond memories of ****posting Purple Pie Man on Miiverse before his hard deconfirmation in Smash 4 plus he's been my go-to in Mario spin-offs literally since his debut and Tales of Symphonia is probably the only full size JRPG aside from SMRPG and Chrono Trigger that I've ever bothered to beat 100%.

link2702

Smash Champion
Some things I’m kinda hoping for although it’d never happen...

An actual internet browser. Since we’re paying for this **** now, the least they could do is make it less ****. I’d like to be able to actually reliably connect to public wifi with switch Nintendo, an actual browser would allow that as opposed to the lousy popup one that never works.

The ability to voice chat without the stupid phone app. The app was a disaster, kill it already and just let us use the systems built in mic.

Netflix(realize this isn’t a firmware problem but still)

Actual themes.

These are just a few things I’m hoping for. I know we won’t get any of it, but still.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can see Dovahkin being leakbait for Doomguy. It seems some are a little over confident.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Genuinely don't care about Dragonborn. Aside from Banjo, I've given negative ****s about the Fighter's Pass picks (I like who they chose but I have no personal attachment to them) which is my I hope my triple "promotion" theory is true for 6, 7, and 8. Obviously, Geno's by far the grand prize but getting the other two would be great given I have fond memories of ****posting Purple Pie Man on Miiverse before his hard deconfirmation in Smash 4 plus he's been my go-to in Mario spin-offs literally since his debut and Tales of Symphonia is probably the only full size JRPG aside from SMRPG and Chrono Trigger that I've ever bothered to beat 100%.
That reminds me. Ridley was the meme pick before he got in, waluigi too. If both waluigi and geno got in, who would be the next big meme character?

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
That reminds me. Ridley was the meme pick before he got in, waluigi too. If both waluigi and geno got in, who would be the next big meme character?
I'd wager... Bandanna Waddle Dee?
We're running out of fan requests fast, Ultimate is doing a good job delivering them.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
There really isn't one. Dee had the hat goomba meme I guess but were just going to have to wait and see if someone new takes up the mantle.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I feel like linking this because it may be worth looking at for us Geno fans, being he is so linked to Square. May be one more indication towards a Direct, but like the tweet says, this could be wrong.

Edit:
Don't know the chances of a TWENY character in Smash, but I don't think this is Smash related. Just something to do with the series. Some people are apparently considering an anime adaptation.

Last edited:

BZocky

Smash Ace
Maybe it means something, maybe it means nothing, but a new maintenance time just popped up on Nintendo's website... For "online play of some software" on Wednesday night. Does anyone remember what the maintenance was on the nights when the other DLC characters were released, if any?

https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp
If I recall correctly...
Joker was 5:50 to 8:00 P.M., PST on April 17th
Hero was 5:50 to 8:00 P.M., PST on July 30th
Unless you meant the type of maintenance, in which case I have no idea.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I don’t know how likely this is, but I really really hope it’s right.

I'm guessing they're announcing the expected sequel.
Perhaps it’s The World Ends With Two?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm guessing they're announcing the expected sequel.
Strange how that didn't come immediately to my mind. There was that Final Remix version that was released last year, so it would be a great time for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom