• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Videos (Spoiler free!) UPDATED with GFs!!

john!

Smash Hero
Just make the 1st post a 128 man bracket like this:

```````123
``````````````123
```````123
`````````````````````123
```````123
``````````````123
```````123
````````````````````````````123
```````123
``````````````123
```````123
`````````````````````123
```````123
``````````````123
```````123
```````````````````````````````````123
```````123
``````````````123
```````123
`````````````````````123
```````123
``````````````123
```````123
````````````````````````````123
```````123
``````````````123
```````123
`````````````````````123
```````123
``````````````123
```````123

and then have a link to the real bracket under it:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...rly_Brackets.svg/740px-Curly_Brackets.svg.png

There ya go. ;)

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
In all honesty, is pools going to be worth seeing? First round at least
We can just hear from commentary in 2nd round and bracket if there were any huge upsets
otherwise, I think thats too high of an expectation for all of those vids to get up

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
obviously itll only be based on whatever vids are recorded and available. in all likelihood there wont be every game in either bracket recorded, little if an pools recorded at all, and only a handful of random friendlies that people upload. but this is just so that everything that IS available is posted in a format where you can effectively watch the tournament progress without having spoilers, no one is expecting every match played to be recorded and uploaded.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
so lemme get this straight, correct me if im wrong cos im pretty confused about this thread. hopefully a thread will be created by someone who doesnt mind doing this, and itll look a bit like this

--Friendlies--
[A list of friendly sets, these can be named as they have no baring on the tournament]

--Pools--
[Any interesting pools matches, these can also be named as its the first round and doesnt reveal anything about who progressed.]

--Winners Bracket--
[All winners bracket matches here, unnamed (ie

#1 Link
Link
Link/Dummy Link

#2 Link
Link
Link/Dummy Link

etc) all the way until winners finals. You find out whose playing by going to the link where obviously you'll see. These are linked in chronological order so that you dont see winners finals before you see first round of winners bracket].

--Losers Bracket--

[Same as winners bracket, unnamed list of all the uploaded sets (in order) and dummy links where necessary]

--Grand Finals--

[Posted as unamed, with two sets regardless of if it was won in only one set, ie

Set #1
Link
Link
Link
Link/Dummy Link
Link/Dummy Link

Set #2
Link/Dummy Link
Link/Dummy Link
Link/Dummy Link
Link/Dummy Link
Link/Dummy Link]

is that all basically what we're aiming for? i guess the same can be done for teams.
PERFECT. Yes, exactly like this.

mistermoo564

Smash Rookie
so lemme get this straight, correct me if im wrong cos im pretty confused about this thread. hopefully a thread will be created by someone who doesnt mind doing this, and itll look a bit like this

--Friendlies--
[A list of friendly sets, these can be named as they have no baring on the tournament]

--Pools--
[Any interesting pools matches, these can also be named as its the first round and doesnt reveal anything about who progressed.]

--Winners Bracket--
[All winners bracket matches here, unnamed (ie

#1 Link
Link
Link/Dummy Link

#2 Link
Link
Link/Dummy Link

etc) all the way until winners finals. You find out whose playing by going to the link where obviously you'll see. These are linked in chronological order so that you dont see winners finals before you see first round of winners bracket].

--Losers Bracket--

[Same as winners bracket, unnamed list of all the uploaded sets (in order) and dummy links where necessary]

--Grand Finals--

[Posted as unamed, with two sets regardless of if it was won in only one set, ie

Set #1
Link
Link
Link
Link/Dummy Link
Link/Dummy Link

Set #2
Link/Dummy Link
Link/Dummy Link
Link/Dummy Link
Link/Dummy Link
Link/Dummy Link]

is that all basically what we're aiming for? i guess the same can be done for teams.

Confirming because there's a possibility of you being able to do it, or just confirming?

*crosses fingers* =D

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
i was confirming cos i was confused about what was being proposed, so i went through the way i would do it to clarify and/or set out a viable method for whoever does do it (i wont be around for a while from 2moz onward so i cant really do this, and so i wanted to use this kind of results vid thread to catch up myself when i get back)

so sorry i cant do it myself ;( hopefully someone whos gonna be monitering the results and vids threads will be kind enough to compile them.

Meneks

Smash Lord
It would be soooooooo perfect if everyone who is recording matches could send all their stuff to one account and then and then be posted on here...
I really want to see all the matches i can find..

skyheart

Smash Lord
na im glad i didn't go looool, so far, no sleep, lots of money used, high chance of getting sick, etc

i just wanna watch the matches

The Phenom

Smash Lord
I just got off AIM with some people at Genesis and it's so freakin epici; got hyped so much just Iming. They mentioned that matches were recorded and that DBR kicked everyone out so now everyone is out eating and then going to there hotels.

From their hotels they are going to upload matches so it won't be to long now. Prob. in an hour there will be some uploaded on youtube.

Stev

Smash Ace
I think the point of this thread was to keep the anonymity of the brackets so that we don't know who won. While we all appreciate the friendlies (apparently there were some epic ones between SS and Lambchops) and would love to see them, I don't believe they have any connection to this thread

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Sheeit, crew battles are awesome.

Must suck for the players though, crazy amount of ****-talking.

Eggm

Smash Hero
That wasn't commentating. That was g$ just hyping it up for his reigon/cheering/trashtalking. He must have just been standing next to the guy recording lol.

Kiyosuyo

Smash Cadet
Yeah I was a little disappointed to see a falcon vs peach on mute city too, but whatever. His **** got seriously wrecked though ><

Top Bottom