• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results and Shoutouts - Full Results and Payouts UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobos

Smash Master
Kage isn't even american LOL.........but i <3 canada!

That Super Lion 4 does look interesting....I always wanted to go to france

Pi

Smash Hero
Lol @ Kage saying Us is still the best... Son the truth is, Armada, no joking, ***** America, and as everyone here said, was 1 stock away from being the champ. IMO i think Mango got lucky with that rest. Anyway, America really can't be considered soooo much better than Europe anymore, that would be a false statement.

Ah, btw, Pal > NTSC

Armada, ur the cahmp in my eyes.

I doubt anyone from America will beat Armada in Pal. Prove me wrong!
didn't mango 3-0 him in the 2nd set?

and what, is jigglypuff nerfed in the pal version? is peach buffed? do you even know what you're talking about?

why you trying to start ****

BY THE WAYYYYY mango
what's it take to get to face your serious mode? $1k?

Tero.

Smash Champion
Well if they nerfed Ganon in Pal.. **** that... I'm not playing Pal lol. Why did they need to nerf THE PUNCH??
Because all top tiers got nerved more than Ganon he probably still does better.

PC Chris/Cort/M2k were supposed to go to that...but something happened and they had to cancel the trip
M2K wasn't supposed, but SPAWN was.
They didn't get their passports.

But well "supposed to" and actually attend is still something different, isn't it?

[...]

I doubt anyone from America will beat Armada in Pal. Prove me wrong!
There won't be much difference. Actually there won't be any difference at all if Armada plays Mango, because Jigglyuff and Peach are the same.

I just prooved you wrong.

I think Armada did as good as he did because ppl underestimated him, and didnt expect his performance. As good as he is next time he plays people like M2K, Shiz, and other great players i think he'll have a much harder time and maybe not do as good because we know what he can do.
lol.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Ok, my bad, i was a bit quick. anyway, Armada will beat u next time Mango! (i hope!)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'd like to officially be part of EC USA.. just because the Canada scene in Canada sucks really bad except the good players of course. lol =P

Bartolon

Smash Lord
Mango's post

EUROPE VS USA?!??!

1. we would **** u guys <-- Think again

2. just give me 7 stocks ill **** all of u guys <--- Lol?

3. tickets are 900

I AM NOT PAYING 900 **** dollars... for only like 3 days

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Mango's post

EUROPE VS USA?!??!

1. we would **** u guys <-- Think again

2. just give me 7 stocks ill **** all of u guys <--- Lol?

3. tickets are 900

I AM NOT PAYING 900 **** dollars... for only like 3 days
Think again?? The US line-up is by far stronger than Europe. A crew battle US vs Europe.. US wins 100%.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
That can be. But you've seen what ONE player from Europe did out there in the smash scene from you guys.
We have many other good players in Europe. So it isn't that easy to "****" us

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I dunno, Armada proved himself, not all of Europe. You guys most definitely have great players, but you honestly think you'd win a crew battle against USA's finest?

clowsui

Smash Legend
@bartolon: armada has not dropped a SINGLE tournament since september, right? i don't think he's been put into losers, either, by anyone BUT calle or amsah since forever?

if my information is accurate then it seems that armada is far superior to a lot of you guys

Öni

Smash Cadet
Maybe, maybe not.
Fact: Mango wouldn't beat all of us with 7 stocks. Nowhere near.
There were many (nearly everyone)US people who said Armada sucks. Obviously he doesn't. I remember so many people making fun of his Videos. Someone remembers PBnJ's Video where he said Armada won't be Top 10, maybe Top 32.
You underestimated Erope a lot and you still think we only have one good player, because he's the only one you played. There are definately some guys who never informed about Europe just saying USA will win everything anyways.

If you would make a crew battle of the best 16 million area no one would stand a chance against Netherlands, lol

/Edit: @ clowsui
Zgetto kicked him into the LB two month ago with nurfed PAL Fox.
I also thought this was the first tournament Armada was realized as Nr. 1 in Europe.
Oh did we mention Zgetto might not be Nr. 1 in Netherlands because he only placed 4th (if I remember right) the tourney after this?

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
*looks at Armada's placing*

I hate to say I told you so....

@bartolon: armada has not dropped a SINGLE tournament since september, right? i don't think he's been put into losers, either, by anyone BUT calle or amsah since forever?
He has been kicked to the losers (by Zgetto who beat me as well that tournament) but came back and won it anyway.

K@0S

Smash Ace
Seriously, use common sense.

Of course the US would win in a crew battle US vs Europe. But not because they are better overall, but since the US community is like 6 times bigger, and as a matter of fact they should have 6 times more top smashers like Armada and so on.

It's like comparing a single state with all the rest of the US and making a big crew battle. Except if the margin is super big, it's dumb. The state may be overcompetitive, they get outnombered.

So here comes my point. You should speak about proportions. And I do think that Europe compete with the US if you think about that.

null55

Smash Master

if my information is accurate then it seems that armada is far superior to a lot of you guys
...uhh...this?

pockyD

Smash Legend
the USA community being "6 times bigger" (i personally think that might be an understatement) is the reason that historically, europe has to come to the USA instead of the other way around

GOTM

Smash Champion
It's like comparing a single state with all the rest of the US and making a big crew battle. Except if the margin is super big, it's dumb. The state may be overcompetitive, they get outnombered.
Tristate vs. the rest of US. Melee crew battle.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i would say europe itself probably has a much more accurate viewpoint on how they stand relative to armada than any of us americans do

Ace55

Smash Lord
Well if they nerfed Ganon in Pal.. **** that... I'm not playing Pal lol. Why did they need to nerf THE PUNCH??
Because all top tiers got nerved more than Ganon he probably still does better.
this

Marth's dair is a meteor, Fox upsmash is weaker, upb shorter and Sheik's downthrow and upair are nerfed.;)

Get over here man. You'd **** even harder.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol

man, people are making statements about regions... no, whole NATIONS off of single players. of course a couple people are great and are able to represent the nation

but USA has not met amsah and zgetto yet

of course mango "got this" like he always says

but until it happens we shouldn't say too much

right now i give EU mad respect cuz their boy armada has definitely proved europe's worth.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Of course the US would win in a crew battle US vs Europe. But not because they are better overall, but since the US community is like 6 times bigger, and as a matter of fact they should have 6 times more top smashers like Armada and so on.

So here comes my point. You should speak about proportions. And I do think that Europe compete with the US if you think about that.
"You only have better players than us because you have more players than us."

....?

_milktea

Smash Lord
Holy crap, I just got back home lmao, my brain. This thread doesn't help.

Will be back later to post summary shoutouts and my contact info <3 <3, once the Mango Usa Europe Aramada blablabla stuff calms down XD.

This tournament was disgustingly awesome amazing fun times :D :D :D.

cykofox

Smash Ace
Aside from the epic matches this tournament was a bit dissapointing(mostly due to set up situation), although it ran pretty smooth.

xelic-youre funny
doh-respect ma beauty
sos- youre nice
fork-youre nice
caveman- youre chill
mosquito- youre mosquito
manguito-youre humble and amazing.
m2k-fox eh?
djnintendo-man, you are hilarious and you are too good
warriorknight-no DI quit life nice to meet you
shadowsonic- you left your wii controller @ ramada and i have it o_o
nipple- i wish me and you would have played more but ****n setups
silentspectre-you moved in units and covered all options
raychun-lol @ you in the crew
bigd-seems to me samus gives you trouble nice seeing you
ripple-i cant believe you still charged me 5 bucks loanshark lol
random asian cal people- you guys are chill and pretty good
armada-i knew you would do good since m2k said you would months before genesis. you are amazing.
bob$-you went marth you *******

TokiDoki

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, use common sense.

it's like cali vs ec

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
What is causing all this drama is:

North America (including myself) has a hard time with everyone from Europe acting like they are as good as Armada. "Armada did good, therefore all Europeans are **** and would do equally as good." Yes, Armada did great. So ARMADA is really effin good. Obviously people that have beat Armada are good also, but that as you guys keep saying, is a limited number of people. Seeing as "no one can knock Armada out of Winner's", and Armada just lost to Mango, if I was to use your "one man for all" logic Mango=North America>Armada=all of Europe.

I am sure you guys will be just as pissed when Mango goes over there repping US and gets first, duh, and then all the US fanboys start saying that ALL of the US is **** and way better than Europe, when in reality Mango ***** Europe and also ***** all of US.

Obviously I on the US side and agree that USA=****, but hopefully now all you Europe fanboys can see what is making all of us US fanboys tick.

EDIT: Oh and props to Armada obviously. Seriously. Nothing against him, he went against all odds and did great.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I never understood why Canada was it's own region and not international...if it were and we had International vs US I think that would be very interesting...USA vs Every other player outside of the US? Especially if there was PR and Japanese representation? I think it would be epic.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
this

Marth's dair is a meteor, Fox upsmash is weaker, upb shorter and Sheik's downthrow and upair are nerfed.;)

Get over here man. You'd **** even harder.
Hmmm... maybe one day when I've got the money.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Jman can camp the **** of Armada. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom