• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GENESIS MATCHES HERE! [Updates Reguarly.]

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
Two rest, one knee! No triple rest!
it looks weird.
Jman went from 149% > 177% and clearly got rested
Scar went from 11%> 39% and clearly got rested
M2k went from 24%> 70%... i think he got rested, then kneed, hence he survived.

3 rests 1 knee

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I doubt even the most biased peeps in Cali would say Zhu is better than M2K
What about Canadians?
Zhu is better than M2K
wait till you see the matches before you hop on either players ****
No u
Actually, that's exactly the problem with playing Brawl. M2K forgot how to be aggressive, meaning he basically relies on me to make mistakes, which I try very hard not to do especially against him.

Anyways, I had a lucky bracket where I had good matchups until ShizWiz, then Vwins / Pink Shinobi (Peach, one of my favorite matchups), then Hax (Falcon, my favorite matchup) and then M2K, the most talented player who I had a chance of beating because I played him a lot at a previous tournament / because of style counter. Without such a good bracket, I probably wouldn't even have gotten a chance to face M2K because he is that much better of a player than me overall.
No u
M2K has never been aggressive.
You actually made me splutter all over my screen.

Oh, this is Diakonos, not Hitsugaya.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
I mean, I saw a lot of these matches, and you could argue that the metagame hasn't progressed very far. As a reminder, here's that Mango clip everyone went nuts over:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__TTutwPDmU

And here's a match from an older tournament:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-xSNzYqHGg

00:21, 00:44, etc.

Discuss.
was this a troll post?

mango's rests were off predicting rolls/ air spacing after a move

the ones from that video were after link's up b, and after azen spamming the get up attack cause people were not as good back then. when mango gets his rests off of platforms he predicts whether they are going to tech or not.

not to mention people know how to space and wavedash etc, so yeah the metagame has gone pretty far.

Stev

Smash Ace

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I think I see what he's getting at. Maybe he's trying to show that Jiggs went from getting get by Link to being the winner of the past few inter-regional tourney's. I remember when people consider Jiggs a failed character.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
it looks weird.
Jman went from 149% > 177% and clearly got rested
Scar went from 11%> 39% and clearly got rested
M2k went from 24%> 70%... i think he got rested, then kneed, hence he survived.

3 rests 1 knee
Yup

Also, I could've sworn I remember watching Darc do a triple rest on Corneria as well but maybe I'm just going insane

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
me vs armada in pools is up.

and i already uploaded as much of the crew battle as i had recorded.

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
see, im guessing this is why ppl like hmw dont post vids piece by piece... people are starting to get annoyed with and question the uploaders instead of patiently waiting

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
whoever wc that was that was shouting "does not compute" when he thought m2k was playing poorly each and every time got frod when m2k ***** pink shinobi / mango's stock that life. it was really annoying not only how terrible he sounded but also how wrong he was every single time.

JFox

Smash Hero
DARKRAIN VS SS DID NOT HAPPEN

*quits life*
Everyone knows (even WC) that darkrain woulda ***** SS. SS isn't that good at Falcon dittos. In fact, he really only seems to be real good vs marth, fox, falco. Most of the other matchups he's pretty mediocre, but still a smart player.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Everyone knows (even WC) that darkrain woulda ***** SS. SS isn't that good at Falcon dittos. In fact, he really only seems to be real good vs marth, fox, falco. Most of the other matchups he's pretty mediocre, but still a smart player.
lol your a funny guy

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
lol your a funny guy
Actually, everything that he said is pretty correct. SilentSpectre has no OOS practice, darkrain has traveled all across the country and has much more experience, and just became a better player by doing so, I suppose. Look at the Melee Singles bracket, SS lost to Tope, then darkrain had to face Tope right after and he beat Tope. It's really generally accepted by most people (I say most because there are way too many people sucking SS's ****) that darkrain is overall a better player.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Actually, everything that he said is pretty correct. SilentSpectre has no OOS practice, darkrain has traveled all across the country and has much more experience, and just became a better player by doing so, I suppose. Look at the Melee Singles bracket, SS lost to Tope, then darkrain had to face Tope right after and he beat Tope. It's really generally accepted by most people (I say most because there are way too many people sucking SS's ****) that darkrain is overall a better player.
Plus, Mango said this like right after he came back from FL, just to add icing to the cake.

Also; Taj sucks against Falcon.

Top Bottom