• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GENESIS July 10th-12th. ALL NEW INFO ON THE FIRST PAGE! TWITTER INFORMATION!! 7/7/09

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
wow **** what's the video editing software you guys used to make this trailer? and "Silence"?

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
hahahah
i was really stressed out for this online quiz i had to take
there were 6 hours allotted to test-taking
so i read one and a half of the three chapters of the online book
turns out the quiz was just the review questions, a,b,c multiple choice, and it gives you the answers in the book

lewl college is a joke

Lovage

Smash Hero
crews are gonna be very interesting for WC, i made a post about it on norcalsmash. i cant wait to see how WC will shape up in the next 5 months

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
lovage said:
west coast crew should be interesting

heres my shot at it
socal
mango
lucky
zhu
norcal
silent spectre
lunin spectra
pink shinobi

WA/OR
ka-master

that makes 7
i think most people can agree with me that those 7are locked in as most likely candidates for WC regional, the only iffy thing is how prepared ka-master will be when genesis rolls around. the last 3 spots will be the hardest IMO. at current skill levels youre looking at a large pool of players who could fill those spots. washington has silent wolf, DJ combo and eggz. norcal has falcomist, GERM, tang, phil, homemadewaffles. socal has tofu, atlus lovage fly amanita P and more

so for a possible 3 spots to fill, theres a huge pool of players who can theoretically fill them. the question is how can those players prove themselves locally/regionally in the coming months that they deserve a spot on the roster. personally im excited :)

and theres always the HugS card who has 5 months to chose if he wants his role in Genesis to be the best samus in the world or an ok ROB in brawl who wont make it out of 2nd round pools (YEA I SAID IT *****)
I'm pretty sure... that Forward and Taj are better than ALL of the players you listed to fill the last three slots... and likely better than some of your top 7. Also, you realize East Coast is going to jam ten top professionals into their crew, right? I'm sorry, but some of the players you listed for the last three slots would get wrecked by any of EC's top 10.

Also, I'd put money on Wobbles being better than all of the people you listed for the last three slots, too.

If it were up to me, the last three spots would go to Forward, Taj, and Wobbles.

EDIT:

lovage said:
my bad i forgot that arizona counted as west coast
taj and forward are very good players and, judging by recent vids, dont have enough rust to count them out yet. so they would be filling up the 8th and 9th spots and/or knocking other players off the list
Yay! <33333

Milln

Smash Champion
...I will be going to Genesis and everyone I meet will sign my signature book (please, especially big names) or I will cry. I'll be talking to the rest of my crew into going if they know what's good for them. >OO

*waits for Prereg to get back up*
(also Picto, Norfair, and Pirate Ship for CP. =D )

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Lovage + TAI list looks perfect, loads of diversity and skill.

Mango - Puff/Fox/Falcon/Falco/Sheik/etc.
Lucky - Fox
Zhu - Falco
Taj - Marth
Forward - Marth/Falco Pro
Wobbles - ICs
Lunin - Fox
SS - Falcon
Pink Shinobi - Peach
Ka-Master - Luigi

2 Foxes, 2 Marths, 1 Falco, 1 Peach, 1 Luigi, 1 Falcon, 1 ICs, and 1 Mango. pretty set on character diversity there.

my only gripes are lack of sheiks unless forward pulls his out, and the fact that ka-master probably can't make it cuz of the whole sunday thing. After Hugo comes to his sense I think HugS should take Ka-master's spot and Captain position. Hugo is pretty good at planning these things out. All WC regions have a ridiculous amount of alternatives so I won't even mention those.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I wonder if Texas is going to join the WC crew like they did at Pound 3... (omg imagine Xelic in the WC crew ^_^)

AznLeps list looks fine I guess but I would most definitely replace Lunin with Eggz. If only we had a better idea of how much better (or worse) WA has become.

Worrying about crews is pointless ATM anyway. Too much can happen in the spam of 5 months.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I wonder if Texas is going to join the WC crew like they did at Pound 3... (omg imagine Xelic in the WC crew ^_^)

AznLeps list looks fine I guess but I would most definitely replace Lunin with Eggz. If only we had a better idea of how much better (or worse) WA has become.

Worrying about crews is pointless ATM anyway. Too much can happen in the spam of 5 months.
Who would we kick out of the original ten to make room for Xelic?

pockyD

Smash Legend
given that this is happening on the WC, I doubt that any non-standard "west" states would need to join the "west" crew to give it enough players

sidefx

Smash Champion
texas is south. as far as wc goes.. AZ has a choice to either choose WC or South. look at a map?

and this isnt pound 3.. this is genesis. there will be more than enough representatives from each region to secure the 10/12 people needed for crews.

Miztik

Smash Master
hey boback is the pre reg still down?

also westcoast crew would be pretty cool vs east coast be really interesting to see also i think hugs over Ka master but then again Luigi+Ka=****

Miztik

Smash Master
ah ok thanks...i was just wonder if it was up or not i know the title says disable, but i wasnt sure if it was back up and king hasnt updated the thread yet

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
texas is south. as far as wc goes.. AZ has a choice to either choose WC or South. look at a map?

and this isnt pound 3.. this is genesis. there will be more than enough representatives from each region to secure the 10/12 people needed for crews.
Arizona is West, I'm pretty sure.

Top Bottom