• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GENESIS July 10th-12th. ALL NEW INFO ON THE FIRST PAGE! TWITTER INFORMATION!! 7/7/09

sidefx

Smash Champion
either way were getting a bunch of those 4-5 way composite splitters from radio shack
and one of those nice ones for the projector set up with the component jacks

anyone know if those lag? last time i used them to record they didnt, but that was on vhs.. not sure about digital capture devices.

im sure it doesnt though..

Naota21t

Smash Champion
i'll actually raise my bet later on, its just i wanna start w/ 10 incase i waste money betting on other stuff.

regardless of who wins. i expect some ridiculous **** from jeff. i love seeing him play in falcon dittos. soooo many resets.

pockyD

Smash Legend
either way were getting a bunch of those 4-5 way composite splitters from radio shack
and one of those nice ones for the projector set up with the component jacks

anyone know if those lag? last time i used them to record they didnt, but that was on vhs.. not sure about digital capture devices.

im sure it doesnt though..
they wouldn't lag (unless they are made VERY poorly)

they might sap video quality, however (depending on how good the amplifying technology is, if it's even there at all), so the screen is darker, etc

it's not a big deal though, turning up the brightness mostly covers it up

GSUB

Smash Lord
seems weird that you would need a 1M2F ; most capture things i've seen have F-side connectors (the holes), so you usually use 2M1F

haha that's tru.
but it actually doesnt make a difference
the devices (tv, capture card) recognize the difference between the input and output devices that are connected to the splitters that are connected to it.

actually if you used 2M1F, you would have to have the capture card and the tv right next each other (as in the capture card would be hanging off the back of the tv with like, 4 inches to spare)

with 1M2F you plug the male to the tv, and plug the cube into on of the females, and with a component-to-component cable (3M3M) you plug that into the remaining female.

which is why you need three 1M2F splitters
lololol at leon

O____>
O

that's an example of 1M2F i swear!!!!

pockyD

Smash Legend
with 1M2F you plug the male to the tv, and plug the cube into on of the females, and with a component-to-component cable (3M3M) you plug that into the remaining female.
er, so what's really happening is that you're using the 3M3M as an "extension cord" of sorts

so you could conceivably use a 2M1F, along with some 3M3F (or 3 x 1M1F) to extend it instead, and get the same result?

the difference being that a standard 3M3M is already used for direct recording if the TV has composite outputs, right?

GSUB

Smash Lord
hahah yes that s very true about the 3M3F.
The only reason i didn't mention that is because 3M3M is very common and easy to find, while 3M3Fs are not so easy to find.

and if the tv has outputs then yes. that is the simplest way to do it. cube into the tv, tv outputs to capture card.

I don't like that option though because that usually means you have to go behind the tv to do it, when in tournaments, it's way weasier to use the common component inputs on the side or fron of the tv. and because i'm not sure if the output from the tv also dumps along unwanted changes in video (i.e. brightness/darkness, audio settings, etc.) and possibly lag?

so the way i do it, I get the signal straight from the cube, and not from nasty tv outputs! =D

pockyD

Smash Legend
well, if you HAVE output ports on your TV (which most tvs don't seem to), it's pretty much best to just take it from there

you won't be plugging/unplugging frequently; it should be a one-time thing -_-

GSUB

Smash Lord
for sure.

yeah, they kinda stopped making output ports on tvs

I think they favor removing output ports in favor for extra input ports for society's continually growing number of devices that the average household plugs into their television.

ha. that was fun. but... yeah... i like to record. =)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Looking forward to it. Also, my sources back home in the Midwest tell me that our best falcon player may be coming to this. *starts the buzz for the most highly anticipated falcon ditto* ;)
please tell me Darkrain is coming

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
King takes me on a quick tour of the venue that GENESIS will be held in, as well as the surrounding areas of the venue, including bathrooms, parking lot, lawn area, as well as the kitchen, venue floor, and other goodies.

IN HIGH QUALITY

Top Bottom