• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GENESIS July 10th-12th. ALL NEW INFO ON THE FIRST PAGE! TWITTER INFORMATION!! 7/7/09

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
im almost 78% sure alan (Rosedemon) would be happy to. I think he is going to house alot of people but they would have to camp out in his backyard but dont worry, its huge.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
As a note, you guys should use stage striking. That is definitely the standard in the Smash community today, so I can't imagine a huge event like GENESIS not using stage striking at all.

sidefx

Smash Champion
As a note, you guys should use stage striking. That is definitely the standard in the Smash community today, so I can't imagine a huge event like GENESIS not using stage striking at all.
yes we know about the stage striking.. we went back and forth as to how to approach the rule set with the stage selection and everything..

we feel that random stage would get rid of a lot of confusion and also kinda slow down the rate of matches finishing on time. i know its not by much, but take into consideration 500+ people trying to figure out what stage striking is.. i know a lot of people already know what it is, but there are a lot more people who dont.. and in our experience even when there IS stage striking.. people just tend to screw it and say "wanna just random? yeah sure who cares"

of course non of this is final.. we will be going over everything 239402384 times to ensure the best possible way of dealing with the way it works and not works..

but if you feel like it should be on and want to voice your opinion better, please make a post in the norcalsmash forums and let us know in further detail. =)

http://www.norcalsmash.com/forums

under the rule set discussion

=)

Zoap

Smash Master
no offense alan but ur sweater vest at quakfest looked like something my grandfather wears golfing.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
We do have school all day.

Thats why smash is constantly going on in the rec room, and then after that, if enough people are willing, we move to Shroomed's garage.

Zoap

Smash Master
boback i have class till 12:30 if your willing to wait for me errr now that i think about it, my power cord, copy of melee and mem card are all at germans. if he is there i could get them and we could play. or we can play brawl lol.

keyboarding destroys lives btw.

sidefx

Smash Champion
hes at nicks place, and last time i checked i dont think your stuff is there, cause i think he gave it to bobby or something.

ill wait, but lets go to ccc instead since there are people there, and i dont want to play at my house. and i want to get food ill pay for gas

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Its in San Pablo.

Just get on the bart and get off at Elcerrito Del Norte station. (Richmond Train)

Also, if we cant pick you up, catch the 72R at Elcerrito Del Norte, it goes straight to the college for 1.75.

Zoap

Smash Master
lol i used to drive that way when i cut class in highschool. its some crazy places out on hwy 4

P.S ima assume this is contra costa college, in which case i think my parking pass is good there lol

sidefx

Smash Champion
lets go peter =D ill save my appetite for something good on the way, or get out of class early you got this

i can meet you at pittsburg bart if you want

Top Bottom