• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 2 Info Dump!: Pre-Genesis; players are arriving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukahn

Smash Apprentice
We'd better wait the top players from genesis to tell us if this victory was deserved or not.
And armada to tell us his thoughts about this match.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Hopefully now Mango will learn from this and start rethinking stuff...practice and tap Armada next time.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Still at hotel... I've misplaced.. My Yoshi plushie.. I <3that thing.. if anyone knows where HMW was staying at, that's the room it's in...

If someone could please find it, and return it to me.. I'm inr room 214, that would be amazing.. please.. <33

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^this... I'm even willing to pay anyone, who finds it and returns it to me..

The last place it was in, was HMW room...

I've learned so much from this tourney, not just from players, but about the smash community in general.... not to mention...most players, want to see each other enter... I almost felt like **** every time someone would find me.. just for them to give me **** about not entering...I can't say I blame them.. or even the fans watching...

I think Taj taught me lesson better than anybody...and it sucks not knowing, how much the community axtually care aboutthe players in general to have high hopes.. and of course the fans..

Another player to have done this for me was Hungrybox..After my MM with Hbox, and how close our set was, how much praise he had given me, just for me to not realize, people actually want to watch, not just me play.. but anyone/any player play..that they believe have the potential to play at high level..

Depressing moments, seeing that YOU could be that player, not to mention, haha (Hbox) making me promise, if I attend another event, I'd better enter or he won't MM again....A big lesson I learned on confidence issues for players too... Even sticking together as a community,and this is something I thought Pound V had taught me.. but apparently I was wrong...Hopefully, motivation, can do more than just bring back.

I'll write more on this later... great tourney for everyone... Many stories will be told... Was a blast...

0Room

Smash Lord
It's on the previous page, Thoraxe

1) Mango Lucky
2) PP M2k

that's all I really cared about

As far as this discussion about Mango and Armada it's getting kind of tired, unless anyone has anything refreshingly new to say, then I think we should stop it here.
I think the three of them [pp, mango, armada] are going to constantly twist and turn, and while it was disappointing that PP wasn't able to perform to his usual standards, I'm sure we'll be back into this discussion on "who's the best" very soon. Until one of them pulls away substantially from the others we'll always banter about this topic.

lord karn

Smash Master
I think it's very sad that it seems PP is dropping out of the discussion about best player just because he was sick and performed badly at one tournament.

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
just saw the results posted a couple pages back, but for one am happy as Silent Spectre making 13th.
last year he made 25th.

hats off to my favorite player, waiting for that interview!

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
We are one world, one people, one existence, one energy, all doing one thing. There is no room for hate on such a trivial thing. We are just playing a game and this time armada won by a little bit this time, he's really good but so are other players. Wait for the next five tournaments they're all involved and see what happens. Or let melee die because of how mean and destructive you people can get!!

Degree

Smash Apprentice
I've learned so much from this tourney, not just from players, but about the smash community in general.... not to mention...most players, want to see each other enter... I almost felt like **** every time someone would find me.. just for them to give me **** about not entering...I can't say I blame them.. or even the fans watching...
Weren't there loads of people doing that on the forum when you announced you weren't gonna play? Your Yoshi is amazing and brings something different to the game, of course people were going to be disappointed when you didn't enter. Didn't you read the reactions to your P5 placing? :p
I think it's very sad that it seems PP is dropping out of the discussion about best player just because he was sick and performed badly at one tournament.
I don't think anyone's dropping him out of the discussion, people are just trying to pointlessly e-fight over whether Armada is better than Mango or not. They had super close matches at Genesis, this time round was a 3-2 set win for Armada, that still looks pretty close to me. Put it this way, unless you're in a very very small set of players, whoever is better won't matter because they'll both beat you equally badly.

Armada has been consistently placing well in internationals, Mango reigned supreme for ages and then took a break playing random characters in tournaments, this time he went back to trying again and just narrowly comes out second to Armada. It's clear he is still extremely good at this game because that's the third character he's taken Armada to the edge with when most people can't beat either of them with their primary character.

And I think pretty much everyone was dying to see Mango v Armada part 2, the crowd cheer just before game 1 is deafening!

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
BTW, this hasn't been stated, but mad props to Taj for beating Larry, upsetting Mango and Hax, and getting revenge on MacD. He deserves more props than this armada/mango drama

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
BTW, this hasn't been stated, but mad props to Taj for beating Larry, upsetting Mango and Hax, and getting revenge on MacD. He deserves more props than this armada/mango drama
Does anyone think it's amazing that Hax lost second round of winner's AGAIN?

Redd: Ah yes you're right, fixed that.
Also, I believe Dart beat Leffen in loser's as well.

i wouldnt really call taj beating hax an upset, taj is ****ing good.

he also beat pp btw.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
to people that are still johning for mango: why weren't you at genesis 2? after armada got the championship belt, mango went up on stage, shook his hand (for the third time; they shook hands before and after their set) and gave him a bro hug. mango respects him, the least you guys can do is show some respect for the guy that trained for two years to finally win an american tourney.

:phone:

Beat!

Smash Master
to people that are still johning for mango: why weren't you at genesis 2? after armada got the championship belt, mango went up on stage, shook his hand (for the third time; they shook hands before and after their set) and game him a bro hug. mango respects him, the least you guys can do is show some respect for the guy that trained for two years to finally win an american tourney.

:phone:
Mango did that?

Wow, I have a lot more respect for him now.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Amazing sets yesterday.

Mango got off against Hbox and Taj in losers. I still really do believe Mango is slightly better, but Armada won this tournament and he deserves its.

It was great seeing everyone/smoking w/ everyone. Great tournament. GOOD JOB DBR/BOBACK!

darkatma

Smash Hero
Wow fanboys still johning up his a**. What's the matter with you?
I'm actually an Armada fanboy and am really happy he won. Just watch the way mango was playing. If he didn't just approach 100% of the time, and made it like.. 80% he would've won easily. Not saying armada isn't ****ing amazing, he's still my favorite smasher =]

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
A huge good job to Armada for winning! :D

I liked the info this thread gave me access to as well, good stuffs to the people who did the updates.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
I'm actually an Armada fanboy and am really happy he won. Just watch the way mango was playing. If he didn't just approach 100% of the time, and made it like.. 80% he would've won easily. Not saying armada isn't ****ing amazing, he's still my favorite smasher =]
This. He was playing so agro and aggressive, which can work but not against Armada after he adjusted. Peach has too much priority to just try to get it in every time.

Not trying to john for Mango; Armada played better, but it seemed Mango was intent on trying to "get it in" and it kind of backfired.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
the only reason im slightly unhappy that Armada won is because i feel like he might not want to travel to the US as much anymore now that he's beaten everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom