• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
does hitting the two climbers at the same time reduce the damage and knockback of a move two stages or just one?

example marth hits both climbers with forward air. he hits popo first it does 12 damage. then the same swipe hits nana for 10 damage. does that happen?

Sieguest

Smash Master
does hitting the two climbers at the same time reduce the damage and knockback of a move two stages or just one?

example marth hits both climbers with forward air. he hits popo first it does 12 damage. then the same swipe hits nana for 10 damage. does that happen?
Hitting both climbers with the same move will do the same amount of damage. The move will only be staled by one factor after the attack finishes.
If I'm thinking correctly, the stale cue doesn't get factored in until after the move's hitbox disappears.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Sup ICs, I'm picking ICs up. They were my first main and I used them for about a year back in 08-09 but I played totally different then so I feel like I'm going to have to start from scratch. I don't really know how to go about it. I'm big on knowing my character and specifically reading up on them as much as possible but do you guys have any tips or a general ICs guide. I don't wanna get into chaingrabs and quirky things until I have the basics down. Which moves to use in particular situations and all that. All I know is Uair is the best and that's not gonna win my battles lol

sauc3

Smash Lord
Sup ICs, I'm picking ICs up. They were my first main and I used them for about a year back in 08-09 but I played totally different then so I feel like I'm going to have to start from scratch. I don't really know how to go about it. I'm big on knowing my character and specifically reading up on them as much as possible but do you guys have any tips or a general ICs guide. I don't wanna get into chaingrabs and quirky things until I have the basics down. Which moves to use in particular situations and all that. All I know is Uair is the best and that's not gonna win my battles lol
find the best mk in your region and play them for like 70-80 hours

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody have any good advice or tips for fighting zero suit samus? Everyone I fight always camps with side B and it *****. What are some good ways to counter it, or good ways to fight her thanks.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
perfect shield side b then grab
pretty much this.

quick summary based on my experience/research:

- if they're far away, walk in and ps everything until they have no room to back up.
- if they're close and side b, dash ps grab.
- if they're close and jab, shield wait till the second hit then grab. also if you get hit by the first hit, hold down on the stick and shield and the 3rd hit will auto-ps.
- if they're close and down b away, you can't do anything.
- if they're close and down b over you, follow with a dash ps grab.
- if they're close and dsmash, ps and sit in shield and react appropriately to her next action or escape.
- if they're close and do anything else, ps grab.
- while edgeguarding, if they're below the stage then have nana take the ledge and popo stay onstage, and refresh her invincibility when she's under no threat. if zss has her second jump in this situation then be wary. otherwise she's dead. you can save nana no matter what zss does here.
- if she's recovering above stage, prepare to follow a (probably footstool-extended) down b. if it looks like she's going to drop to stage level or lower, have only nana take the ledge and follow the previous point.
- if you're being edgeguarded, up b if possible (it'll go through dsmash or anything else). if she takes the ledge, side b up and away from the stage and DI into the stage after you're above stage level (you'll probably die here though, if they're any good). there's not many options while you're recovering tbh, but these seem to be the best courses of action.
- never jump, ever. if you're airborne you're dead, period. however:
- if you're directly above zss, dair. it cancels out pretty much everything and is very useful in stopping up-b followups and such. don't dair if you're above and even slightly to the side, though.
- if not, side b away preferably or find some other way of getting to the ground asap.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
ZSS has no defense whatsoever at a 45 degree above her to her left or right while grounded. Feel free to squall in and lol at her.

Prawn

Smash Master
watch me vs dazwa or me vs patg on youtube

they're some of the best ZSSs, the matchup is in our favor by a long shot

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
if you're close enough to do that during side b, why not just ps grab? easier, etc.

and any other situation you'll get utilt'd. :p

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Do anyone here know if theres some code(to be used by GeckOS) or something that can be used like an AR for speeding down things so I can test combos and stuff frame by frame? also if it works with hitboxbubbles...

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
should note, that doesn't slow things down. it stops the game when you press start. this can be useful for getting frame data, but if you need to see something in motion, then you should look elsewhere.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
so can ICs do anything to punish falco's jab on shield or jab cancels? or am i forced to just SDI out of jab cancels and and run away? <_<
SDI behind him and grab, or back and blizzard, or down and powershield-grab. Or uh...well falco loses 100-0 so I don't actually know, I've never had to try against a falco.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
What a beast read. Thanks.

pretty much this.

quick summary based on my experience/research:

- if they're far away, walk in and ps everything until they have no room to back up.
- if they're close and side b, dash ps grab.
- if they're close and jab, shield wait till the second hit then grab. also if you get hit by the first hit, hold down on the stick and shield and the 3rd hit will auto-ps.
- if they're close and down b away, you can't do anything.
- if they're close and down b over you, follow with a dash ps grab.
- if they're close and dsmash, ps and sit in shield and react appropriately to her next action or escape.
- if they're close and do anything else, ps grab.
- while edgeguarding, if they're below the stage then have nana take the ledge and popo stay onstage, and refresh her invincibility when she's under no threat. if zss has her second jump in this situation then be wary. otherwise she's dead. you can save nana no matter what zss does here.
- if she's recovering above stage, prepare to follow a (probably footstool-extended) down b. if it looks like she's going to drop to stage level or lower, have only nana take the ledge and follow the previous point.
- if you're being edgeguarded, up b if possible (it'll go through dsmash or anything else). if she takes the ledge, side b up and away from the stage and DI into the stage after you're above stage level (you'll probably die here though, if they're any good). there's not many options while you're recovering tbh, but these seem to be the best courses of action.
- never jump, ever. if you're airborne you're dead, period. however:
- if you're directly above zss, dair. it cancels out pretty much everything and is very useful in stopping up-b followups and such. don't dair if you're above and even slightly to the side, though.
- if not, side b away preferably or find some other way of getting to the ground asap.

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
Alright im having some probelms with the bthrow-d-throw cg, i can do it 100% practing vs g&w, but when i move to mk after like 60% when nana dthrows to popo it bounces too high for me to grab again,idk maybe im not timeing right. sometimes i grab too fast and popo ends up jabbing <.<
And what would you say are the most important cg's to master for each weight class?
Thx in advance

Smoom77

Smash Master
Alright im having some probelms with the bthrow-d-throw cg, i can do it 100% practing vs g&w, but when i move to mk after like 60% when nana dthrows to popo it bounces too high for me to grab again,idk maybe im not timeing right. sometimes i grab too fast and popo ends up jabbing <.<
And what would you say are the most important cg's to master for each weight class?
Thx in advance
What do you mean in the bold? o.o You shouldn't see them bounce at all, just a slam on the ground.

Learn bthrow-dthrow/fthrow/bthrow. They are all very important. I'm biased and love bthrow to bthrow because it's the most efficient throw combo. Whatever feels most comfortable with you on each character. Try them all out.

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
What do you mean in the bold? o.o You shouldn't see them bounce at all, just a slam on the ground.

Learn bthrow-dthrow/fthrow/bthrow. They are all very important. I'm biased and love bthrow to bthrow because it's the most efficient throw combo. Whatever feels most comfortable with you on each character. Try them all out.
not bounce, (wrong choice of words) i would see the slam on the ground input my grab, but he would be already too high and I miss grab maybe im just timeing it wrong :D
thx for the reply

Smoom77

Smash Master
Generally the lighter weight, the faster you have to grab after dthrow. Also, when the percent increases, you have to grab faster also. So maybe the problem is that you're not used to 60% on MK specifically. You've only done it on an even lighter weight. You jut have to keep trying.

Lol, I thought you'd think I'm a creep for answering so quick. I'm going to school :p

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

How is bthrow to bthrow the most efficient? It stales faster than bthrow-dthrow and has a higher chance of tripping.

Top Bottom