• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Yeah he doesn't have infinite jumps. If he's so high up that you can't hit him, he'll be coming back down due to lack of jumps pretty soon.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Yeah he doesn't have infinite jumps. If he's so high up that you can't hit him, he'll be coming back down due to lack of jumps pretty soon.
Also keep in mind MK has terrible horizontal air movement, so if he is right above you in the air, chances are he will stay above you right up till he lands.

On the other hand, we have terrible horizontal air speed as well. :(

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Grab > b throw > footstool > ice shot > ice shot > charge smash > smash > grab > repeat, right? Popo keeps charging instead of Nana, is it three ice shots? :S

Also, I was reading through one of the guides and it says when doing b throw to tilt back SLIGHTLY on the control stick, when I do it Nana doesn't turn around. When I slam it back and grab it works but I can't do the second b throw.... Do you have the buffer in order to do them?

How exactly is d throw done? Do you have to d throw then walk and grab? It seems....escapable....

dj asakura

Smash Ace
For b-throw you have to tap back and press grab almost at the same time, but don't smash back.

And d-throw you have to move forward a little bit each time you d-throw.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
For b-throw you have to tap back and press grab almost at the same time, but don't smash back.

And d-throw you have to move forward a little bit each time you d-throw.
Are you talking about the first b throw or the second? I do this grab > slam > grab > tilt > grab but in the end I move left or right so it's not an infinite.... If I do grab > tilt > grab Nana doesn't turn around.... I hope that makes sense. :S I can do theml all except b throw :/ Even advanced ones like buffered f throw and smash hobbling and pivot ones. Is b throw the hardest? :S Please help.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Is there any important moves from characers that out prioritize blizzard? Like I know robs laser and some other projectials do but is there any others I should watch out for?

Sieguest

Smash Master
Any projectile that doesn't have a targetbox, or attack that has a disjointed hitbox longer than blizzard can pretty much hit you.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
blizzard ignores hitboxes from other moves and goes directly through them to the opponents hurtbox

so if blizzard hits your opponent it will stop their move thus blizzard "beats" that move

dj asakura

Smash Ace
Are you talking about the first b throw or the second? I do this grab > slam > grab > tilt > grab but in the end I move left or right so it's not an infinite.... If I do grab > tilt > grab Nana doesn't turn around.... I hope that makes sense. :S I can do theml all except b throw :/ Even advanced ones like buffered f throw and smash hobbling and pivot ones. Is b throw the hardest? :S Please help.
Are you referring to back throwing from Popo to Nana? In which case as you tilt back you press grab. It's always at the same time.

If you're doing it from Nana to Popo I can't tell you. I always back throw first.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I'm talking about from Popo to Nana. When I manage to do it while tilting it, which is rare, Nana is way in wrong of Popo. So far I could probably do a b throw and catch them in front of Popo without moving. If I slam it Popo is just a little bit in front of Nana. I can see her hammer and a tiny bit of space between it and Popo's back. Where SHOULD Popo be in relation to Nana during these throws? It's a little hard to see on videos because they go so quickly.

Shurely

Smash Cadet
I'm talking about from Popo to Nana. When I manage to do it while tilting it, which is rare, Nana is way in wrong of Popo. So far I could probably do a b throw and catch them in front of Popo without moving. If I slam it Popo is just a little bit in front of Nana. I can see her hammer and a tiny bit of space between it and Popo's back. Where SHOULD Popo be in relation to Nana during these throws? It's a little hard to see on videos because they go so quickly.
I'm pretty sure popo is just suppose to end up slightly infront of nana. enough so u can fthrow to him. and even if u end up moving some they are still infinites as long as u are alternating back throw with forward or down throw.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
You probably don't need the really basic information in this video, but it might help you with where each climber should ideally be in any grab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juS9dgfNKxw&playnext_from=TL&videos=LOVIum-b9tU

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, I think I've just about got b throw finally.... I'm not sure I'm doing f throw or smash hobbling right though.... I'll post a video when I get my dazzle. Hopefully by then I'll have buffered b throw to f throw, pivot d throws and continuous non spike f throws down. Also, do you have to shield buffer to do d throw chains?
What's the best chain grabs for D3, DK, and Bowser? I sometimes hobble DK but it's a little tough, is buffered f throw the best? Right now I'm using buffered f throw on super heavys, smash hobbling on heavys, buffered b throw to f throw, buffered f throw, or alternating throws on mediums and pretty much everything but hobbling on the light weights. Is d throw hobbling good? It seems hard and not very useful....

dj asakura

Smash Ace
A lot of people shield buffer any throw that ends up with Popo holding the enemy since Nana tends to be a little to far away for the next grab. It's not absolutely required but it depends on how fast they can break out of the grab.

I don't remember who said it but someone on these boards said it's generally better to just f-throw heavies since the timing is the same regardless of weight and then just learning the timing on b-throw for them. It's less risky than hobbling if you know the timing well enough.

I feel like you're focusing too much on knowing how to do all these different CG's when you really only need to know one or two simple ones that work on all characters.

Smoom77

Smash Master
So yes. Only learn a few CGs, you dont need to know all of them. Fthrow is generally easier on heavies because their bodies are bigger, aka a bigger hurtbox. But I don't recommend doing only fthrows on heavies unless you master buffered fthrows (you're not gonna, trust me). Just learn bthrow>bthrow, dthrow, or fthrow on everyone. Trust me on that one too.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
IC is just a side character. I'm learning all of them to do flashy chain grabs during friendlies. I hobble better than I f throw though...... One more question, which is better buffered b throw or b throw and why? I just about have buffered f throw down. I've given up on fair non spike ones though....

Sieguest

Smash Master
IC is just a side character. I'm learning all of them to do flashy chain grabs during friendlies. I hobble better than I f throw though...... One more question, which is better buffered b throw or b throw and why? I just about have buffered f throw down. I've given up on fair non spike ones though....
Any buffered throw is better than any unbuffered throw for the simple reason that if you buffer the throws, your opponent can't mash out.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Also, buffered bthrows are the best because they're the fastest throws while dealing 6% making them the more efficient throws ever. :] Im obsessed with buffered bthrows.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Also, buffered bthrows are the best because they're the fastest throws while dealing 6% making them the more efficient throws ever. :] Im obsessed with buffered bthrows.
You need new custom title. Something about buffered bthrows...
(inb4unamedasnorlaxbufferedbthrow)

Smoom77

Smash Master
Lololol, I love buffering my typing when my computer/iPhone lags. Then I see several sentences automatically written! <3

Top Bottom