• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
so z charge, dash, then what? what button do you graab with?
I grab with x and somthing that helped me was when you know they are about to stand up start charging with nana
once you get it a couple of times it's really easy

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
It just takes practice (obviously) but trust me it's easy compaired to other chain grabs

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I spam the b button till I see the ib hit
my friends make fun of me when I do it lol

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
That happens to me with bowser for some reason I do a normal hobble but he just gets right up andstarts attacking again. He's the only heavy character that does that to me. Has anybody else had this problem?

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
I back throw hobble all the time but not with bowser
I'll try the fthrow hobble on him sometime later

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
So i have been told that you can pivot grab metaknight when he does his tornado. Do you do the grab when he's in the middle of the tornado or when it ends? My friend spams it and I wanna punish him =p

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
What if the Ice Block doesn't hit him after the footstool? Does that mean I need to press B quicker or that I jumped before I did the back throw?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
That happens to me with bowser for some reason I do a normal hobble but he just gets right up andstarts attacking again. He's the only heavy character that does that to me. Has anybody else had this problem?
This is because bowser hits the ground really fast. Because of this his ground bounce animation ends before popo's ice block hits him. Thus he can roll, get up attack, etc. If you delay the timing a little you'll probably be able to do the b-throw hobble.

About the tornado; you cannot pivot grab it any time, only when its close or semi close the ground.

Teh Future

Smash Master
tornado can be positioned to beat all of our attacks so unless you know you can bait them into doing it in a position where you can punish it then just shield

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
This is because bowser hits the ground really fast. Because of this his ground bounce animation ends before popo's ice block hits him. Thus he can roll, get up attack, etc. If you delay the timing a little you'll probably be able to do the b-throw hobble.

About the tornado; you cannot pivot grab it any time, only when its close or semi close the ground.
Oh cool idea, never thought of delaying it.

Heavies in general are annoying to CG if you don't have fthrow's timing down really well (like me :( )

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Oh cool idea, never thought of delaying it.

Heavies in general are annoying to CG if you don't have fthrow's timing down really well (like me :( )
Well, theoretically, Heavies should be easier to F-throw CG since F-throw has the exact same timing on everyone, and larger hurtbox characters are "easier" to regrab.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Well, theoretically, Heavies should be easier to F-throw CG since F-throw has the exact same timing on everyone, and larger hurtbox characters are "easier" to regrab.
It depends more on where the hurtbox is after the initial throw. Snake (may, no hurtbox data) has a pretty big hurtbox, but he still isn't necessarily as easy to regrab with forward throw as say G&W. Regardless if you can learn the timing on lucas/ness you can do it on anyone xD

B0NK

Smash Lord
But if we're talking f-throw CG's on heavies, wouldn't it just be easier (although longer) to just hobble them instead?
Yeah, as long as you learn the slightly different timing on bowser (then again, since when is bowser goin to be a problem for ICs, w/ or w/o CGs)

What CG's you use are all just preference. I use F-throw to position Nana for hobbling (for mid-heavy weights).

lucas and ness are easy
Well, it's different from person to person.

I find Ness/Lucas annoying to CG. >_>

dj asakura

Smash Ace
That's fair. F-throw is just the only throw I can't seem to time correctly. So I'd basically be hobbling all heavies and then b-throw -> d-throw -> repeat on anyone else.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah Ness is one where I have to position Nana or the timing's way different from the first to the rest of them.

Also not all heavies are easy to hobble, bowser you can't bthrow hobble (unless this delayed timing thing works out, then never mind in that scenario) in that case you probably have to just do a slow bthrow after a couple of fthrows. Most of the time with normal big characters I fthrow x2 -> bthrow hobble, it doesn't throw off my timing when I need to use Popo to nana fthrow again.

I pretty much:

bthrow to dthrow on light chars

bthrow -> fthrow on light/med chars

dthrow -> fthrow on med./heavy (like Snake)

fthrow x2 -> bthrow hobble on biggies

dj asakura

Smash Ace
Yeah Ness is one where I have to position Nana or the timing's way different from the first to the rest of them.

Also not all heavies are easy to hobble, bowser you can't bthrow hobble (unless this delayed timing thing works out, then never mind in that scenario) in that case you probably have to just do a slow bthrow after a couple of fthrows. Most of the time with normal big characters I fthrow x2 -> bthrow hobble, it doesn't throw off my timing when I need to use Popo to nana fthrow again.

I pretty much:

bthrow to dthrow on light chars

bthrow -> fthrow on light/med chars

dthrow -> fthrow on med./heavy (like Snake)

fthrow x2 -> bthrow hobble on biggies
This is legit. I just need to learn timing on f-throws in general. Once I get that down I'll be golden.

i do whatever CG i want on whomever i want.

because metaknight da bess
fix'd

Top Bottom