• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

B0NK

Smash Lord
why does no one move their dair? do some people really thing when you dair, you cant move it?
Also I love the priority of the move:

With the feet pulled up, your hurtbox is almost covered completely from below (probably, since there is no real hurtbox data >.<). Not much penetrates through the hitbox and doesn't get hit by the move.

r3d d09

Smash Master
i'm just saying. some people use it to recover to stage. angle it over. and if the opponent is on the stage. move it away from them, giving you a tiny bit more space, so the most they can get is a dash attack instead of a smash.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
dthrow cg twice to pivot grab, and be on your way.

© hylian
I REALLY don't understand why Hylian or anyone else does this CG. Just hobble and pivot grab, he'll take the damage from his own grenade and stay grabbed.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I REALLY don't understand why Hylian or anyone else does this CG. Just hobble and pivot grab, he'll take the damage from his own grenade and stay grabbed.
Too risky. You can just CG away safely.

Also, it has a sort of auto timing to it. It's weird but I like it. And the hobble pivot grab can still be interrupted by nades. AND he can still take the damage from nades while still being grabbed if you do mine because you can space the dthrows so the nade only hits him. And hobbling doesn't work below 50ish%.

I think overall those are some pretty legit reasons.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
You can hobble at any %, just buffer a down throw as you grab him, and continue your CG. You just can't do backthrow hobble right after backthrow hobble at very low %. I think the timing on the dthrow pivot is MUCH harder than a hobble pivot, but I suppose that's preference.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Grab>jump>bthrow>mash b>charge smash via cstick>let smash go>grab

don't jump before the bthrow. It won't work.

Not much we can help you with. Gotta learn timings.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
either start the smash with c-stick and charge with attack(A) instead of grab(Z). Or for that situation, charge and use a regular smash attack (A[held]+Direction).

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
guess i can do it if he can xD is it hard badkarma?
It's a tad harder but also easier because you don't have to do it as much as a normal hobble
I only used the z button for charging smashes with nana so it worked out great
and yes if I can do it anybody can lol =p

Top Bottom