• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

-LzR-

Smash Hero
wifi was just so you could get some practice in.
My only character who doesn't get absolutely crippled by Wifi is GW and he is the opposite. Maybe if I had a character I could play kinda normally, but meh.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I really want to get back into Brawl.
But I work every damn weekend and can't ever get work off.
Get Hype 2 is likely my last tournament.
Maybe I'll go to a local or something afterwards.

I want to ****ing ruin people, so I'm going to practice.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Man, ICs are frustrating but I'm not gonna give up. I can get a Popo to Nana f-throw consistently, but I seem to not be able to time the Nana b-throw correctly, so most of the time it will end up not even throwing or Popo will pivot grab too far from the range. Any ideas on what I can do to correct this?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pivot grab? You should just be turning around and grabbing, like you would if you just pressed back+z at the same time (softly). Don't do the input like a dash...

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Might be an overused question but...

What is your best chain grab starting at 0% to avoid mashing out, and when do you switch to a different one (I mean which %, etc)

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
P Dthrow > N Dthrow > P Dthrow > N Dthrow >
[ P Fthrow > N Bthrow ] - repeat

I say the tripless instead of Bthrow > Dthrow because it's also less mashable on transition. You could also Sopo Dthrow while allowed, but Dthrow > Dthrow > Repeated CG is the staple least mashable transition

| Big D |

Smash Master
The 2 fasted methods are doing buffered dthrows across the stage alternating from nana to popo.

Or you can do a popo dthrow into nana bthrow, this can be used in one place or to turn around when going across the stage with dthrows.

I'd say 40-50% is enough where you can just do any regular cg without having to worry about mashing.

Also if by chance you get them in a dash grab at low percents, dthrow nana fair is a good way to allow for nana to catch up and go directly into dthrows.

And if by chance nana is the one to grab when you dash grab, if not at the ledge you can just dthrow and catch with popo, and if it's at the ledge then you can bthrow > pivot grab.

Edit: Ninja'd...

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Hi IC's, I've got a quick question :3

do you have a list or anything with the moves that beat your Uair? I thought G&W's Dair could do but apparently it didn't work just now D:

DeLux

MK: Mach Tornado
Olimar: Pikmin Order
Diddy: Banana Toss/Drop
Snake: Grenade Toss/Drop
Zero Suit Samus: Suit Piece Toss/Drop I THINK,not 100% sure
King DDD: I think Dair, but don't quote me on that. I am under the impression his is the only Dair that can out disjoint Uair
Toon Link: Bomb Toss/Drop
Wolf: Reflector
Peach: Bombomb Toss/Drop, Mr. Saturn Drop/Toss, Beam Sword Toss/Drop
Kirby: Stone
Ike: Counter
Link: Bomb Toss/Drop

Off the top of my head

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So my ICs have gotten a lot better recently. I have learned a couple of new desynchs, I have more setups into grabs and I can keep myself from being separated better. Now when I use Blizzard I am always punished oh hit. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I think it's well spaced and everything and yes I I'm talking about desynched Blizzard.

DeLux

It probably means you're being predictable with Blizzard

It also means you aren't using your free climber to preemptively hit or grab them out of blizzard hitstun.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
They do it on reaction, Blizzard is slow. And so I should like nair or uair them while they are still inside to get **** done?

DeLux

Or you could Usmash them into their next stock

It's sort of a feel thing based on spacing. Start playing around with options. If you get REALLY good at it, you can trick them into SDIing out of blizzard to try to air dodge your impending hit and then grabbing them out of air dodge lol

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Aah I see. I have actually done that stuff sometimes. I just always though Blizzard is uber safe and I'm doing something wrong...
Blizzard usmash is an awesome method of killing.
I will play around with my options the next time I get to play and see how it goes. The timing is really tight though. Nothing is easy with ICs.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
MK: Mach Tornado
Olimar: Pikmin Order
Diddy: Banana Toss/Drop
Snake: Grenade Toss/Drop
Zero Suit Samus: Suit Piece Toss/Drop I THINK,not 100% sure
King DDD: I think Dair, but don't quote me on that. I am under the impression his is the only Dair that can out disjoint Uair
Toon Link: Bomb Toss/Drop
Wolf: Reflector
Peach: Bombomb Toss/Drop, Mr. Saturn Drop/Toss, Beam Sword Toss/Drop
Kirby: Stone
Ike: Counter
Link: Bomb Toss/Drop

Off the top of my head
oh wow, interesting, thanks a lotfor the super quick reply o.o

Nothing is easy with ICs.
^This. I couldn't agree more

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Most things are easy with ICs...you guys are spoiled because you don't know what it is like to work for whole stocks as opposed to one hit.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I'm not really, but crying about everything being hard with a character that is literally the most broken (although not the best) character in the game is super naive and you sound like A) a whining baby and B) and idiot.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Not saying being hard is a bad thing? Them being broken doesn't change the fact that they are probably the hardest character in the game. It's just that the bull**** goes both ways.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
All right then, I'll have to ask for applications for ICs tilts. I think they would be good tilts for any other character, but ICs can most of the time just get a grab instead imo. But I think Dtilt has an amazing trajetory and will kill crappy recoveries, ftilt is a quick sweep that ICs generally lack, but I like jab more. Utilt seems like a worse version of uiar instead...
I still use them quite often. Are they legit moves or am I just wasting my time with them? I don't see ICs use them very much in videos.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
d/f-tilt are pretty good. U-tilt is...situational at best, probably ICs worst move. F-tilt has more range than jab, and D-tilt, as you said, has that gdlk trajectory. I used it to gimp D@buz the one time I played him.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Wow. I've always though utilt was really good. Time to use it less then.
Is there any situation where a dtilt works better than just simply getting the grab? Like they are landing near the ledge, just out of reach so you try to poke them with Dtilt for another attempt or something?
Well glad to know Utilt sucks, I've been doing it wrong.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Smoom did u face Jacksonville's Goofball (Peach main) at WHOBO?

I asked goof but he wasn't sure if that was u cause he told me people were using other people's tags.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I've been practicing the back throw CG on Marth the past few days. I'm ok at it but I seem to have a problem with the IC's getting separated from each other (usually after 36 or so %). I know its supposed to look like they are pretty much standing in place when properly executed but when I do it, they normally move to the left or right as the grab progresses. What can I do to fix this?

This doesn't happen every time as I have done the CG up to about 73% a couple times but I'm doing it a lot and I'm not sure what the cause of it is.

:phone:

DeLux

If you are doing bthrow from Popo to Nana, you are probably hitting the grab button too late. This causes Nana to dash grab instead of pivot grab, thus causing her to dash grab slide away.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Ok thanks. Also, just out of curiosity, if I'm going to start using ICs in a lot more matchups, how do you learn to keep track the timing of the grab for everybody since theres so many different timings? It seems like it would be hard to be able to do all of that without messing up.

:phone:

| Big D |

Smash Master
Just go to training and find a cg that works for you for on the character you need to cg. Heck, even playing random cpus gets u practicing on every character 9 (bar zss).

Play them long enough and you should be fine.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I was just wondering mostly if there was any trick to it. I'm not sure if I intend to main them or what yet (I'm tired of Falco so it'd be ideal) but I'm learning how to CG my 3 most problematic MU's first and I'll just go from there. I was thinking that perhaps I could use different CG's on different groups of characters with similar weight class until I got to the point that chain grabbing was mechanical, but I'll figure it out.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I suggest going for the Fthrow -> Bthrow cg. It's easy on most character. Fthrow timing is the same for everyone, just learn the spacing for each character, this can be done visually afterwards. The bthrow is even easier. When you see Nana turn around and face directly away or towards the screen, press z. Figure out your own methods. There is only very little we can do to help you. You must learn to chaingrab by yourself. I've spent a good 50+ hours in training doing them and I am still far from being consistent in it.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I just kinda know the respective weights for all characters. I know who is a super light weight, light-weight, mid-light weight, mid weight, etc. I also compare characters, such as MK/Falco/ZSS, Diddy/Lucario (Lucario slightly heavier though), and a few other groups.

Top Bottom