• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I typically just drop the grab, regardless of weight class :)

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I just kinda know the respective weights for all characters. I know who is a super light weight, light-weight, mid-light weight, mid weight, etc. I also compare characters, such as MK/Falco/ZSS, Diddy/Lucario (Lucario slightly heavier though), and a few other groups.
This.
10this

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I just kinda know the respective weights for all characters. I know who is a super light weight, light-weight, mid-light weight, mid weight, etc. I also compare characters, such as MK/Falco/ZSS, Diddy/Lucario (Lucario slightly heavier though), and a few other groups.
Luke and diddy are like a ways away from each other; Diddy is almost straight middle while Lucario is closer to heavyweight. It would be better to group it as Diddy/ToonLink, Ike/Lucario.

I typically just drop the grab, regardless of weight class :)
This is the best way to go.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I just couldn't think of them off the top of their head. I also can tell their weight by the sopo CG at first, I can just kinda...do the other CG afterwards proportionally.

Twigz

Smash Apprentice
Hi all, I was wondering do you guys know anything about the video x games or VxG for short? It's being held in the caribbean.

:phone:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
In the snake matchup would you rather have port priority or not? ICs are the only ones I could see ever having an advantage not having that priority because a grenade would put them both in the air instead of separating them and having snake near the climber in the air which could result in a free bair or something if it was nana.

So I could see it either way, port priority lets you stay on the ground and try to punish snake's landing (assuming it's nana that flew up in the air and not popo), while you're hoping snake doesn't punish nana. Or not having priority puts you both in the air where you could sync and get both you and nana away and reset.

What is your opinion on this? I play both climbers and snake so I'm interested to know what you think.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
A whole thread on it, I'm impressed. So going off of that, it's almost always better to have port priority then? Unless your grabs get interrupted a lot and you go for the popo shield option. Is that a pretty generally accepted opinion or does it vary among who you ask?

DeLux

I don't know, nobody responded to the thread lol. Vinnie said he read the thread and more or less agrees with me iirc

I personally like taking port disadv for that option of continuing grabs because every other option I can cover by being abnormally good and CGing around or through nades

| Big D |

Smash Master
I think people assume higher port is better, since that's the case with like every character. (Unless there is one I don't know about).

DeLux

I typically beat Bonds by running at him and grabbing him lately...
I typically don't get hit by a lot of nades while CGing either if my game is on point as I stated earlier

A lot of this was more observations I made while playing MJG and Ally's snake, mostly MJG since he's more or less my primary training partner. Some of if I theorycrafted because I understand what's going on as well

DeLux

I don't think you can. I try to make up for it by having other redeeming qualities like being helpful and insightful to help others improve

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Don't worry about it, win and your skills will speak for themselves. Who cares if they don't respect you or not. They secretly do, but they won't tell you, and other people outside of your area will. Look @ Vinnie, he has respect from lots of people, not that it matters, but he plays ICs at a top level and does extremely well.

Also, I can b-throw, dthrow CG now! Its funny, cuz I haven't practiced their CGs for 2 weeks, then I try it once, and I can do it, lol. The less I play ICs, the better I get at them!

DeLux

Technically it's not instant since Belay has at least 15 frames of startup iirc

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
It's instant from the moment you grab the ledge silly.
Oh like how Sheik can do her up-b teleport, Pit can up-b cancel right by the ledge, and Peach can down-b cancel by the ledge. If it's like that for ICs, then sweet, it will be easy to learn.

There was this good IC player on wifi: Darkflame117, he impressed me a lot, knew how to pressure people on the ledge using the battlefield platform, and covered all my options, like if I rolled or jumped on the ledge--instant bair. And using the ice-block technique where I think you can shoot them at a faster rate on bf. He also knew the f-throw/bthrow tripless grab and did it consistently on wifi :scared:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Got 2nd at my local tourney. had like 26 people

Used :popo: :peach: but :popo: the most.

I played Kyon and lost to him first and then because he sandbagged 2nd set and lost interest in the match I won :/.....whatever

lost to gdx diddy kong because...well yall already know...I...yea :/

and I haven't had much Diddy kong experience and don't know what to do.

Was fun tho. Have a reputation going around for being the gayest player and people starting to hate :popo: :/

EDIT: Whoops meant to post this in the social... My bad :/

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Got 2nd at my local tourney. had like 26 people

Used :popo: :peach: but :popo: the most.

I played Kyon and lost to him first and then because he sandbagged 2nd set and lost interest in the match I won :/.....whatever

lost to gdx diddy kong because...well yall already know...I...yea :/

and I haven't had much Diddy kong experience and don't know what to do.

Was fun tho. Have a reputation going around for being the gayest player and people starting to hate :popo: :/

EDIT: Whoops meant to post this in the social... My bad :/
GDX plays 2d-jeff all the time xD. Or use to. Dunno now.

Keep it up though~

YOU WILL NEVER BEAT RYO THOUGH. FEAR IKE!MWAHHAHAHA!

lol jk never know...

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
GDX warned me. "I live with 2 ICs players he said 2-d jeff and someone else".

In GFs I was able to get him down one stock (I think every game) but didn't win one game. Was fun tho.

Hes too good and thanks. Really IDK if I will continue to keep it up. I don't go to tournies to win them :p. If I win its nice but I really just want to play the game and cg with ICs cause no one else will let me do it to them unless its tourney :/.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
he even let me go to FD and still ***** me >.<.

I was like wtf is going on. I'm all over the ****ing place.

| Big D |

Smash Master
For the most part I embrace it but we're a pretty small community and stuff like this just stinks.

BC has no pride because you all play gay as hell. There is no need for a hero... not that we have one.

I won't be at the tourney, but if Raptor doesn't play like the large majority of BC then I hope he wins.
Lol! I can see the resemblance but I mean look at our grand finals... who the heck would even want to watch 15 seconds of it?

Twigz

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys sorry to interrupt ur discussion I wanted to get some tips on the IC vs MK mu... I'm doing horribly against a friend. He mainly dair camps.... And keep me away from him..

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey guys sorry to interrupt ur discussion I wanted to get some tips on the IC vs MK mu... I'm doing horribly against a friend. He mainly dair camps.... And keep me away from him..

Dair camping is pretty easy to beat, just uair him with shuair when he lands. He can't win trades damage wise and uair outranges mks dair. Just walk around under him when he's doing that and shuair his landing dont fall for bait and fullhop into a nado.

Top Bottom