• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
I've been having a problem with smash hobbling. I know how to do it but sometimes when nana hits the character with the Fsmash they fly out of popo's grab (or so it seems). Is this because I'm not grabbing early enough or nana has charged the smash for too long?

Also hylian what are doing to be able to kill snake at 110% I can't seem to kill him untill past 150% :/. are you charging Fsmash near a ledge while nana is doing Fthrow?

Thanks in advance :D

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
As a snake main, I've never been killed by ics before 150%. Never ever.

At karma: you must be grabbing to late/early. Popo should catch the opponent after the hit.

:phone:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
150 is much too high

If you're doing it right, you will kill snake with an Fthrow > Dthrow > Forward Smash 3/5ths charge at no later than 130.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Fair enough, my point was that you mash out before I input throw for the first time, not when I'm charging to kill you lol.

Also, I can upload a video of me killing snake at under 110%. I really don't know why you guys think he doesn't die. I've killed ally in tournament under 110%. I've killed razer under 110%. Etc etc.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Fair enough, my point was that you mash out before I input throw for the first time, not when I'm charging to kill you lol.

Also, I can upload a video of me killing snake at under 110%. I really don't know why you guys think he doesn't die. I've killed ally in tournament under 110%. I've killed razer under 110%. Etc etc.
That would be awesome could you upload it plz.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nah, full length dthrow -> bthrow will get you pretty much a full charge and sweetspot which will kill before 110%. Seriously, go test it if you don't believe me lol I will really upload a video but i'm lazy and would rather you guys just try it yourselfs. Dthrow full length at 100%, start charge, bthrow, usmash.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
just tried it on a lvl 9 and I'm convinced. I'm not sure if my spacing on it is correct though. Do I want nana to grab snake further away from popo or close to popo?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
just tried it on a lvl 9 and I'm convinced. I'm not sure if my spacing on it is correct though. Do I want nana to grab snake further away from popo or close to popo?
You want nana to grab as far away from popo as you can, dont dash or anything though lol just walk. You can test it with DI using your foot and another controller, or just switching hands really quick.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
So that technique where you drop of the edge b reverse ib then jump back on the stage laglessly. Is it a glitch or does the lag from the ice block put you at the perfect spot where you can jump on laglessly. Just curious how it works.
Thanks!

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way to make nana grab a Someone out of a hobble. I can do it accidentally but never on purpose. Is there a easy way to make nana grab them every time?
Thanks!

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
could you link to a thread about this? i didn't see anything about this in the eggplant guide. im really interested in picking up ICs so like i said in the social i wanna learn all of their fundamentals by december so i can try them out at hobo34.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Oh if you want to learn fundamentals first, don't learn LD1/LD2 lol. There is no thread about it. It's a secret desync that is only passed down to those worthy.

Look at this topic. Work on #3, 6, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 27. I would say those are the most important (yet do-able) ones.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Light characters are easy to kill at 100% because you only need a very slight charge so you can just fthrow before charing.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Desync, then have Nana charge a smash while Popo is in the middle of an action. Then Popo can walk while she's charging.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
god damn it it is soooo much harder to regrab with popo than it is with nana. seriously this is gonna take all day to get down popo's grabs. regrabbing with nana is pretty easy though

DeLux

Until people beside me use them, there's really no point in fixing it ;)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
dear delux. i've found that your cg where you fthrow with popo>bthrow with nana while popo does a cute little circle>repeat is actually the easiest grab for me do and im pretty consistent at it for being a beginner. thank you

sincerly

frost lord maharba

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Until people beside me use them, there's really no point in fixing it ;)
I do them all the time. It's so much easier for me than SND now. Maybe it's because of the slight lag on this t.v that screws up my buffering...

dear delux. i've found that your cg where you fthrow with popo>bthrow with nana while popo does a cute little circle>repeat is actually the easiest grab for me do and im pretty consistent at it for being a beginner. thank you

sincerly

frost lord maharba
I'm unable to do the tripless.

Lack of tech skill y?

DeLux

If people besides me and one or two of my cult following used it, I'd be more inclined to fix it :D

Top Bottom