• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Yehitscalro

Smash Rookie
How do u beat a falco that keeps lasering while u desynch and when u approach him he just illusions away

:phone:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Most tilts stops the side special

Falco is one of the matchups that I don't desync because his lasers are simply too fast to be able to safely work through. If I do end up desyncing, it's definitely as the expense of eating a laser to cover my Nana IB.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Walk and do it. At a certain distance PK Fire becomes really unsafe, so he will have to do something else.

Yehitscalro

Smash Rookie
Btw when I play ic I do every AT and play Just like pros but always always seem to loose against all my friends can u guys help me

Anyone?

Could I play one of u guys online and practice wid u and see how u play?

Sieguest

Smash Master
Stop multiposting... seriously, you posted three times while I was typing my response.
Also, it takes more than just throwing out ATs and attempting to emulate pro players to win. You need to play to your opponent.

Sieguest

Smash Master
... Not sure how I could make it anymore apparent what I was saying but I'll try.

Using ATs and copying pro players won't guarantee you to win. Everybody who plays this game plays differently. So to be good at this game, you need to learn how to play against your opponent's playstyle and character as well as be good with the character you're using.

And no, you can't practice online with me. I'm not allowed to have a wii as freshman in the A&M Corps of Cadets.

Sieguest

Smash Master
For the past three weeks I've had little time to play and where I used to live there was no smash scene so I don't have much to go from. The only thing I do is observe and crunch numbers.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Your easily considered a troll and could be banned.
One post at a time and wait for an answer.
Even if it takes days.
This isn't a chat system.
It's a forum.

You can't randomly use ATs, each one has a use for a situation.
Rea your opponent.

And stop trolling us.

B0NK

Smash Lord
More so this isn't IM-chat, it's a message board, people don't respond instantly.

Whether you give up or not depends on if you are having fun with the game and is worth the time an effort to you. (And also the financial investment in this game).

DeLux

I went through a period of 5 months where I did not win a single bracket game to get to where I am now lol

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Too bad lux da bess.

It took me...
I don't do dthrow eneough, so I'm not that consistent.

Fthrow bthrow I'm consistent on most characters.
Took... 2-4 monthes for me.

DeLux

It's the 2 dash dance desync.

Only the length of the Dash Kakera used was of the variety where Popo is typically the first to ask. So in order to negate that and get Nana to act, he used the shield drop mechanics and buffered a nana blizzard of of shield drop.

This was called the kakera desync pretty commonly during early late 2009/early 2010 when I first started playing ICs lol

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Do any of you have any weird habits when CG'ing?? I have a habit of looking @ the % of the character I CG not the character itself. what about you guys?

Top Bottom