• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
>_> The fact that you think ICs aren't intuitive proves why you will never win a tournament with them

You can't treat them as some anomaly. You need to play them as a normal character with grabs. Obviously, people will play you scared, but you CAN'T BE SCARED TO PLAY LIKE A NORMAL CHARACTER! That is the flaw of most of the ICs players.
I've won plenty of tournaments with IC's lol. I've also beat some of the best players in the nation with them so I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Also, I wasn't referring to grabs I was referring to desynching. Playing two characters at once is in no way intuitive. The fact that they have different mechanics from the rest of the cast makes them not intuitive. There is no "textbook" way to play them, you need to play very differently depending on the match-up which isn't true for a lot of characters.

Watching videos of other characters, many of them play very similarly. Watching IC players ALL of them play VERY differently. You look at kakera and compare it to smoom and they look like they are playing different characters. The amount of options in almost every situation due to desynching is just something no other character has.

On that note, every character in this game is easy to pick up if you are a good player.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
TrixiESAM, you're exactly right about the Ice Climbers. I play as the Ice Climbers rather frequently, and I've become very good with them. Nobody I know ever even considers them when choosing a character. It's kinda frustrating, actually.

:phone:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don't think anyone has said you can't become a top IC MVD lol.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I think anyone can be a top IC.
I can be a top IC.

You just have to put that kind of effort and time into practicing and learning.
Being super consistent with CGs.
Pulling out a bunch of desyncs whenever you want by learning and practicing them all.

ICs are just a hard character to learn.
Unlike yoshi, who I've picked up a couple weeks ago and I've learned most of the ATs, (though not able to perform them all) and coming up with a new one.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Let's get this thread back to the Q&A format now please :)

DeLux

We aren't going down that road. Take it to the social

DeLux

does alcohol make anyone else play better?
I've actually heard the relaxing of nerves is beneficial. Gotta balance that liquid courage and that liquid lack of tech skill though

Doubtful.
What're the fastest desyncs?
As in time to perform the desync.
Belay>ledge takes a long time.
Tripping is super fast.

What is the best tho?
LD1?
The fastest desync is probably a turn around desync. It's frame one

Everything else is situational

MVD

Smash Master
Woah where is the infraction or warning for frozen hobo? He asked about alcoholic which is against SWF rules and its not IC related just as my question was wtf de lux if your gonna infract and or warn me be fair with it when someone else does the same

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Woah where is the infraction or warning for frozen hobo? He asked about alcoholic which is against SWF rules and its not IC related just as my question was wtf de lux if your gonna infract and or warn me be fair with it when someone else does the same

What he posted wasn't against the rules actually, and right now you are kind of just being an *** for no really good reason so please stop. It's not like it's hard to take a conversation to the social thread you are just nitpicking him.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Uh, I MAKE the rules, so I know it's not bull****. There is nothing against the rules talking about how alcohol affects someones play. It's not illegal unless you are underage and it's not like he talking about getting ****** up or something inappropriate.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Yeah not really.

Lux asked you to move the hostile conversation to the social.
If your in here arguing it's hard for new people with real Qs to come in mid argument and ask them.
Frobo just said a mood lightening Q.

edit: hylian just beat me to post lol.
That's @mvd

MVD

Smash Master
What's bull**** is that I post a legit question to ask where this blind hatred was from and I get an infraction? For real? He asks a question not related to this thread and its ok for real come on now

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What's bull**** is that I post a legit question to ask where this blind hatred was from and I get an infraction? For real? He asks a question not related to this thread and its ok for real come on now

You didn't get an infraction.

You got a warning, which means absolutely nothing. It's just a warning. Also, you don't even know if he got a warning or not because you can't see infraction cards. Also, how was his question not relating to this thread? It was about playing ice climbers.

MVD

Smash Master
Same **** he asked if playing drunk helps anyone? I didn't hear ICs brah I guess defending.yourself is frowned upon here smh

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's not the same at all? You can defend yourself fine, just do it in the social thread it's not like he told you to stop posting on the boards. You are making a big deal out of nothing, you could have just responded in the social thread. Warnings are not infractions, they mean nothing and do nothing to your account.

MVD

Smash Master
I just don't see why I was warned for asking a question to someone who spoke about me had anything happened sure warn me but for real its just dumb

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I just don't see why I was warned for asking a question to someone who spoke about me had anything happened sure warn me but for real its just dumb

Ok, maybe you shouldn't have been warned, but I really don't see why you are making a big deal when a warning does nothing to your account. Just take the discussion to the social. If it makes you happy, I will warn smoom as well.

MVD

Smash Master
I just don't like getting a warning for nothing is all and if I get warnings for nothing others should that's all I'm saying, I love how mods work just make it legit when you do something with that power

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol I kind of just want to give you 10k warnings now. Seriously, they mean nothing you shouldn't care if you get a warning. You are caring wayyy too much for nothing.

MVD

Smash Master
You don't understand lol I just don't like seeing a warning on my user CP is all especially if I didn't deserve it.

It's a losing MU for sure apparently

DeLux

Ok

ice climber question and answers only

goooooooo

Top Bottom