• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Cygnet

Smash Apprentice
Hi again! I was wondering what the desynchs used here?

I can't tell by looking..... :/ Or if all 4 are even the same desynch. Any help?

Congrats on your win, CYVE! :) (Although you don't know me at all.)

Cygnet

Smash Apprentice
Makes sense O__O;; I've probably been doing it all wrong forever.

When you Pivot Desync, do you dash in one direction and then tilt the other way or something like that? I always dash and then "tap" the other way like it says in the Desync guide but then it becomes a dash dance.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
That means you're "tapping" too early after dash

The one out of shield drop is difficult imo because the timing for it changes sometimes depending if you do it X amount of frame after you initiate your dash, it matters which way you were facing when you initiated your dash lol

Cygnet

Smash Apprentice
Ohh, OK, thanks! :)

Do you have to wait until your dash becomes a run? (For the regular, non-shield drop one.) It almost looks like Hylian is doing a B reverse IB out of a dash! @___@;;

DeLux

You actually don't technically have to dash. If you don't dash, and just do it out of a double standing turn around, it becomes what's commonly called an SND

But you definitely don't have to run and it can be done straight out of dash because it manipulates the true-pivot mechanics.

DeLux

undoubtedly the best way to trap someone in a cg is grabbing them with popo with nana within sync range. anything else is less than ideal

:phone:

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm not asking what to do while the opponents grabbed.
That'd just be a CG lol.
I mean how to like mindgame them into a grab so I can CG them and they feel like idiots.

I'm trying to not suck as bad, by the way.

DeLux

Well, I mean, I grab people as Sopo all the time outside of solo CG range and they mash out. Or I grab with Nana sometimes, but Nana decides to uthrow.

So my instructions still stand :\

Even using frame traps and grab setups have their draw backs at the point of getting the grab

Vinnie

Smash Master
Rofl ^^^^^^^^^
Why you laughing? ICs are the easiest character to pick up, and don't require a brain to use at mid-high level... only tech skill from practicing. So with MVD's smarts and dedication, I can see him being a top 4 IC in a few months if he really wanted to be one.

MVD

Smash Master
Cause my character does not need smarts I just read and bait which is smart I guess

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Why you laughing? ICs are the easiest character to pick up, and don't require a brain to use at mid-high level... only tech skill from practicing. So with MVD's smarts and dedication, I can see him being a top 4 IC in a few months if he really wanted to be one.
..Not sure if serious.

Vinnie

Smash Master
At top levels is where smarts start to come in, but any ****** on the street can pick up brawl and ICs and compete at a mid-high level imo. There are some IC mains that beat some people because of their tech skill and being able to perform a chain grab, and there are some IC mains that compete at the top level that beat people due to sheer brain power. I can see MVD being part of the 2nd group.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
At top levels is where smarts start to come in, but any ****** on the street can pick up brawl and ICs and compete at a mid-high level imo. There are some IC mains that beat some people because of their tech skill and being able to perform a chain grab, and there are some IC mains that compete at the top level that beat people due to sheer brain power. I can see MVD being part of the 2nd group.
How is this not true of any top tier character? The fact that there is a crapload of stuff to learn with IC's makes them the hardest character to pick up. You don't even need to have tech skill to play any other character in the game, brawl is incredibly easy tech wise. I don't see any IC mains that beat people just because they can chaingrab, show me one please?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
*coughMyollnircough*

ICs aren't the hardest character to pick up...I'd say Diddy and ZSS are.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Diddy and ZSS are at least intuitive to play, IC's are pretty much the least intuitive character. Everything in the game comes down to smarts, the only reason a character would be hard to pick up is if they had a lot of tech stuff, hence IC's are the hardest because they have by far the highest tech skill threshold.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
>_> The fact that you think ICs aren't intuitive proves why you will never win a tournament with them

You can't treat them as some anomaly. You need to play them as a normal character with grabs. Obviously, people will play you scared, but you CAN'T BE SCARED TO PLAY LIKE A NORMAL CHARACTER! That is the flaw of most of the ICs players.

DeLux

The irony

ICs are super intuitive for me. Every other character is counter intuitive.

And ZSS and Diddy with the low level I'm playing them at also seemed super intuitive.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
/lurker

How is ZSS intuitive? She basically has no shield grab, her smashes don't kill, her jab doesn't work. Uhm.

Well we back2lurkan

Top Bottom