• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
lol Ripple, I don't think he was talking about that tourney

Just to clarify a few things:

Hylian and lain are both on the panel. Hylian got active today and lain has yet to post anything.

I chose the panel in two methods: Via recommendation: That's how Hylian, Smoom, Ch33s3, and Myollnir got on. And then by money won: That's how lain, Vinnie, ESAM and Sin242 were included. Given that you weren't recommended nor were you high on the winnings list, you weren't given an invite Prawn. I was included simply because Marc asked me to head the panel despite me initially objecting because I feel underqualified due to my abilities. Prawn, up until like a month ago, you weren't really active in the IC community and your posts indicate to me that you're lagging behind on IC metagame knowledge. You don't necessarily have to know things to place well, but I wonder if Albert does better than you in the same region because he's probably the most up to date on the IC metagame (besides the three researchers), given you two have very similar playstyles.

I actually agree that I don't like the idea of a backroom, so I'm going to try to get the matchup info exported or atleast get the discussion continued into a matchup thread. I like transparency.

Smoom is ridiculously good. If you have to question how good he is with the character, you aren't watching closely or don't know what to watch for. He just kinda gets the bad end of the deal because he has to deal with the top Diddy, Snake, Lucario, and Peach in his region on a regular basis.

Smoom77

Smash Master
hopefully smoom proves me wrong and beats trela and ultimaterazor or pwii or whatever soon.
I know I can't consistently beat them yet, but Ive taken games off of them. This saturday I took a game off trela, in march, the last time I played gnes, I took a game off. I just can't get the set.

Smoom, while better than me, isn't too far above my level IMO and I think cheese is the same level or maybe above him. His placings are more or less the same or better than mine in a tougher region. I just desperately want some ice climber(especially solo ic) to put up great results instead of mediocre ones.
I totally agree with this post. I don't see as me that much better, if any better, than you prawn. And I see cheese as better as me. I let ICs down by not placing well enough and being #3. And I feel bad about it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think cheese and smoom are about the same skill level honestly. I think they would place about the same if they swapped regions. Cheese plays a little better under pressure but smoom is probably more consistent with cgs from what I've seen.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Hylian/lux, convince the ICs panel that DK is at least a +1 and not a +3 like some of them think

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think it's +3 lol so I'm the wrong person to ask. I don't know any other IC's that think it's that bad though off the top of my head.

DeLux

That matchup is the worst matchup I've played since King DDD

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I hate you guys... you really think the DK vs. ICs is on the same level of ease as sheik vs ICs?

DeLux

No, I hate the DDD matchup, I don't understand why people say it's so easy.

DK is the same way. I hate the matchup. I don't understand why people say it's so easy

I agree with +1 if they play super gay like you do

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Can somebody explain to me how to efficiently ISSDI > Grab? I apparently don't know how to do it very well...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Watch kprimes video. If you do it any other way you will probably roll out of your shield.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
My bro has a pretty solid pocket DK.
It gets my ICs good.
Super strength>nana.
'nuff said.

I don't see anything wrong with the BBR.
At least the BBR RC.
Someone has to lead, otherwise we'd all disagree and the tier list discussion threads would die, ruleset discussion threads would die.
There's serious issue with discussion threads.
I have a stage discussion thread in the yoshi boards and we've only discusses RC and it's near dead.
I think the BBR is trying to find a way to reliably discuss things.

:phone:

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I think cheese and smoom are about the same skill level honestly. I think they would place about the same if they swapped regions. Cheese plays a little better under pressure but smoom is probably more consistent with cgs from what I've seen.
I agree as well. My CG consistency issues are all mental and playing more MK has alleviated that a lot for me so I'm expecting to do significantly better really soon.

Also, Smoom is gdlk.

Smoom77

Smash Master
LOL what pwii? I saw you watching me vs trela, and maybe vs sync. And I messed up a few against trela. One grab against sync.

EXPLAIN THEN

I do Jimmy. All ICs.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
uh just wondering, how many of you IC mains stick with ICs on an opponents cp? (mainly brinstar/RC)
If my opponent's MK is much better than mine, I'll ban Brinstar and suck it up on RC. Other than that I swap to MK.

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
What are Iceys worst stages? (didn't find any stage discussing thread ><)
And it would be awesome if someone could reply quite fast because i'm going to a tourney in ~5h and i'm facing an ic main.
I just know that i'm obviously banning FD. :p

2-DJeff

Smash Master
uh just wondering, how many of you IC mains stick with ICs on an opponents cp? (mainly brinstar/RC)
i go 100% IC on everyone except the 2 people i get constant practice with. But thats only because we joke aroung and go diffrent characters for fun but other than that 100% IC no matter where

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
What are Iceys worst stages? (didn't find any stage discussing thread ><)
And it would be awesome if someone could reply quite fast because i'm going to a tourney in ~5h and i'm facing an ic main.
I just know that i'm obviously banning FD. :p
We like FD of course.
SV is pretty good.

But our worst?
I'd have to say RC.
Then, well personally I hate brinstar but whatevs.
RC is the worsss tho.

DeLux

My last tournament, I went secondaries and got JV 4 stocked twice

Never again. 100% ICs

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
Starter

Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokémon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Yoshis Island (Brawl)
Castle Siege

Counterpick

Pokémon Stadium 2
Delfino
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar

This is gonna be the stage list, so no rc. (that stage is banned in Germany anyways)
I assume he's going to ban brinstar (like almost everyone lol)

Where should I take him?

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I'm a little iffy on delfino with ICs but that's personal prefrence.
I like germanys stages lol.
We can just ban brinny and move on.
I'm kinda thinking PS1 or Frigate.

DeLux

Delfino with Pit is a good choice

Diddy is sort a matter of personal preference since we both like the same stages

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I'd personally FD/Diddy, but that's assuming your Diddy is really good at the MU lol.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
LOL what pwii? I saw you watching me vs trela, and maybe vs sync. And I messed up a few against trela. One grab against sync.

EXPLAIN THEN

I do Jimmy. All ICs.
Hey, hey, hey!!!!!

SmoOooooooooooooooooooooooom
:embarrass:

U better not mess em up in the real deal!! Aka hobo, u going?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yep they certainly didn't take 18 stocks between 2 IC players in the melee crew battle at genesis.

Oh wait...

Top Bottom