• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
If I could multi quote on SWF mobile, I would quote prawn and esam and reffering the old GD title "huge ego battleground."
oh well.

Anyways, k i'll stop answering.
First Q:
is the spacing on the dthrow cg on snake different than other characters?

:phone:

Prawn

Smash Master
Don't have a huge ego I just think I should be respected as an ic main :/ ranked in my region multiple times, a couple wins on top 5 players of their character. I dunno. I am focusing a lot on this game and I'm improving. I know I'm far from good but I'm far from bad IMo

Lost to riot(best Zelda) twice yesterday, Zelda is a tough matchup for ICs as far as low tiers go. Last game 2nd set did much better and learned the matchup. I'm confident versus him for next time

Shield DI kinda works sometimes and doesn't others...

But yea September 17th is a big local and I'm expecting a top 5 at least :)

Cheese is really good, smoom all I ever see is good results never seen him play

Esam ***** obviously, heard his ICs are broked. Rubberbandman or whoever, seen his videos on YouTube, seems good.

Edit: ohhh and future lol so good.

Hylian lain and meep are implied obviously

Vinnie

Smash Master
I went mostly ICs at my last 3 tourneys and did well at each (including 4th/128 at KTAR) but I don't think I'm ever going to be looked at as an IC main for some reason :(...

Vinnie

Smash Master
I'm about to move to Houston in January. They put me on the PR early. Only 3 tourneys are ranked for me though (5th at WHOBO3 and the two locals I won) so hopefully I move up soon. Going to HOBO in <2 weeks.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Cheese is really good, smoom all I ever see is good results never seen him play

Esam ***** obviously, heard his ICs are broked. Rubberbandman or whoever, seen his videos on YouTube, seems good.

Edit: ohhh and future lol so good.

Hylian lain and meep are implied obviously
And I suck!!! :D Gotta have those priorities over smash lol xD

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Vinnie, you know how I feel about you. I honestly just didn't think that you posted here so I left you out @_@

@Prawn: ZELDA IS FREEEEE! Don't say that it is difficult...she is ***.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I went mostly ICs at my last 3 tourneys and did well at each (including 4th/128 at KTAR) but I don't think I'm ever going to be looked at as an IC main for some reason :(...
Lol don't give me that. I was considered the best GW player before I quit him for IC's, but I still used him for about a year after I tried switching because it's hard. Everyone considers me an IC main now though lol because I've done so many better things with my IC's. Just takes time.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Cause your G&W is sexy???

Lol don't worry Vinnie, people respect your IC's! ^_^

Prawn

Smash Master
Vinnie, you know how I feel about you. I honestly just didn't think that you posted here so I left you out @_@

@Prawn: ZELDA IS FREEEEE! Don't say that it is difficult...she is ***.
For ICs in comparison to other low tiers. Not free.

Our favor though, I got this next time.

Have you played riot though? Lol

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
? I asked you to be on the IC Matchup Panel

It's not because I think you're Game and Watch is relevant to ICs either ;)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How is that no regional bias? If you've never played fuu or any of the other Zeldas then that is definitely regional bias lol.

IMO IC's are zeldas worst match-up. There is a specific trick that makes playing zelda a lotttt easier. I used to go from beating fuu by 1 stock to 3 stocking him every single game we play no matter what with it lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nope, specific trick is really easy lol. Zelda only has one move that is even remotely a problem for IC's, once you figure out how to consistently grab it then the match-up becomes near impossible for her.

Prawn

Smash Master
How is that no regional bias? If you've never played fuu or any of the other Zeldas then that is definitely regional bias lol.

IMO IC's are zeldas worst match-up. There is a specific trick that makes playing zelda a lotttt easier. I used to go from beating fuu by 1 stock to 3 stocking him every single game we play no matter what with it lol.
Becaus riot is the only Zelda who's done anything notable ever? When fuu can beat top national level doubles teams with a peach player or bring fatal to last stock last hit then I guess I'll respect it but as far as I know the only notable wins he's ever had are on wifi.

Also yeah I learned the matchup, I played him first round and kinda got *****(cause I didn't know it at all), then had to play him 2 rounds later(because the TO switched the bracket) and this time struck to BF first round even though everyone told me not to, barely lost with an unlucky nana gimp at the end, won second game on BF then didn't ban SV.

Zelda does really well on sv >_< I know the tricks of the matchup now I just didn't before.

Also lol at ics being zeldas WORSE matchup.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well i was just going to let people figure that out lux lol.

Issdi is really hard on her fsmash because you will almost always roll when you try it. You can spotdodge zeldas fsmash on reaction and grab her after and she cant do anything about it. take away her fsmash and everysingle one of her other moves are really easy to grab.

DeLux

I actually forgot about doing this and dropped a game to Linkz game 1 of a set last weekend. Salty ran back game 2 and more or less did the same thing + this and then 2 stocked him.

It works lol

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah I always had problems with zelda's fsmash until I figured out to just spotdodge and then it was a drastic change lol.

DeLux

It works on alot of low knock back early > high knockback late moves

like Rob's Dsmash and Tornado off the top of my head

Prawn

Smash Master
Now I'm kinda upset I lost vs him. Whatever I was mad at the TO and playing bad anyway

2-DJeff

Smash Master
zelda vs IC is 6:4 IC. Ive beat Ed and renki not Knowing the mu
both very solid wins and we played games after and it was very easy learning the mu. and they have gotten a ton of IC practice before

Top Bottom