• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I'd definitely take BF over CS. I didn't think of mentioning BF before because you said there were no good neutrals for you to choose from. heh o.o

Really? The only way the CPU has ever desynced whenever I play is whenever I hit them. o.o
id go w/ bf also

if theres a scrooging rule then MAYBE sv lmao, platform cancelling helps though... kinda

but yeah

bf/fd
sv
ps1/cs

Xcallion

Smash Ace
whenever i f-throw>f-throw nana runs too far out and throws my target in a random direction before i can get to her. how do i stop this?

Sieguest

Smash Master
What do you mean by that? If you grab someone at low percents you can dthrow->spike->regrab, but once the percentage gets higher than thirty something you have to go to your alternating throws.

If you're talking about dthrowing someone near the ledge and then spiking them for a K.O. then I wouldn't suggest it. The spike can be DI'd and then they can tech the ledge.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
That was exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks a lot. I guess it's still a nice alternative to use against opponents who can't tech it.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
That was exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks a lot. I guess it's still a nice alternative to use against opponents who can't tech it.
Nice as a mixup if they cant tech it, because it refreshes Bthrow, otherwise, not real reason.

Teching isnt that hard if you see it coming. Aka this, GaW's Dthrow, etc.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
They don't even need to tech it, they can just SDI straight onto the stage proper. Spike = bad.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Listen to their controller, if they're mashing, just spike them, they're never going to hit the SDI -> tech. At least not on the "hard" stages.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
^^^ lol
Another question

Rainbow cruise. Brinstar. And norfare
Would it be better to stay ics for these stages or should I use my secondary (d3)
I'm pretty sure it's just preference but I still wanna hear what you guys will say
Thanks.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Whatever you want, you are screwed anyways against him on his cp.
Yea, pretty much this. Of the crap choices, Delfino > RC > Brinstar > Norfair, but Brinstar and Norfair are completely hopeless, and RC is almost completely hopeless.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I didn't know recovering snakes could SDI all the way back on stage just from my fair. Why don't we team with snakes more often then?
LOL, that totally didn't occur to me, I thought you just meant holding them at the -very- edge so that they're as far offstage as possible when you dthrow spike. nvm haha.

OpFor

Smash Rookie
can you desynch when canceling run animation with a shield and buffer a dash or anything really .. and you could be desynch i have tired it ... its very possible ..i have done it many times ...you don't have to turn back ethier ... but buffering , canceling is very useful.. mess around with desynch .. this is possible its just hard to pull off ..

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
can you desynch when canceling run animation with a shield and buffer a dash or anything really .. and you could be desynch i have tired it ... its very possible ..i have done it many times ...you don't have to turn back ethier ... but buffering , canceling is very useful.. mess around with desynch .. this is possible its just hard to pull off ..
Can you edit/clarify this post? I'm interested to see where it's going.

Sieguest

Smash Master
lol?
I honestly don't have a clue what you're driving at. DSC->something that isn't all ready a desync by itself won't desync
you. For some reason I'm more inclined to think that you're doing an SND out of DSC which after you do the desync you still remain in the direction you're facing. The animation looks rather smooth whenever you do that which is why I think you're piecing it together.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Maybe this is what he's talking about a form of this:

Running Nana Desynch

Input: Dash in any direction, quickly tap back and and continue running. Stop running and during Popo's "slowdown" animation, input a move. (A visual for when Popo enters the "slowdown," animation is when he leans his head slightly forward and begins to skid). Nana will perform the move just has Popo recovers from the "slowdown," animation. You have about the distance of Smashville before Popo and Nana become synched. The longer you run before starting the desynch, the closer Nana gets to Popo, giving you a smaller window to perform the desynch. Nana can perform any move with this desynch. Examples are Ice Block, Blizzard, and charged Smashes. You can also choose not to start this desynch and synch Popo and Nana without entering the "slowdown," animation by canceling the run animation with either Jump, Shield, Spotdodge, or Up-B.

Why it works: After dash once back and quickly tapping back and running, Nana is slightly desynched in the same manner as the Pivot Desynch but both Popo and Nana are in running animation. When you release the control stick to stop running, Nana is still slightly desynch and enters the "slowdown," animation after Popo does. No moves can be inputted during this "slowdown," animation. When you input a move during Popo's "slowdown," animation, the move is buffered for Nana as she synchs with Popo and she does not start the "slowdown," animation but instead performs the inputted move. Popo does not perform the move because while he is in the "slowdown," animation state, he can not receive inputs. This allows you to remain desynch.

Advantages: Allows you to remain desynch while running and desynch with Nana performing the move first. It also allows you to decide whether or not to start the desynch while running, allowing you to see how the opponent acts before starting the desynch.

Disadvantages: Running has less options then walking and requires Popo to be exposed for a small amount of time during Nana's start-up frames for the chosen move for her to perform.

Desynchs using the same mechanic: Dash Dance Desynch

My write up on the desynch from months ago. If not that dude really needs to be more specific.

J00sh

Smash Cadet
I've always known this lol....

Just buffer a turnaround desynch in the lag of the slow down animation after you've stopped running.

It's roughly the same timing as dropping a shield and doing it or doing it out of a spot dodge or landing.

B0NK

Smash Lord
^^^ never said it wasn't known (the write up was literally 6 months ago and even then I thought people knew about it since I've known about it since 08)

Also what I wrote does not use the turnaround desynch, please read it again. Although you may use the turnaround desynch in combination with it.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
What is fusion?
And how does it work? One of my friends was talking about it and it sounded interesting.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Look up meep vs buttons on YouTube lol

But its a glitch which is started by nana being hit with a move of specific priority (easily seen with falco's lasers and pikachu's jolts) at the exact moment you squall. I'm sure there are a few videos on YouTube, basically nana stays attach to you and you can do some cool stuff =P

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Ooo if I could learn that my friend that plays falco would be so mad XD
I'll have to look more into it.
Thanks.

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
You can run, cancel that animation with a shield drop>pivot- (back then forward on the control stick if you don't know how to pivot)>either another shield drop>special input - to be able to make nana special, or just pivoting after the first shield drop to popo attacking first after the pivot.
This sounds like what you're trying to do but my way of doing it is much easier because you'll be sliding after the shield drop, so when you're pivoting, it looks like you're pivot walking.
Something else you can do with canceling a run with a shield>pivoting: hold an attack command, preferably A, after the pivot nana will start charging a forward smash in the opposite direction you initially ran from.
So you'd be running left>shield flash>pivot>A and what you would get is nana charging a smash facing right.
Easy enough. I'll get into some stuff bout' nana charge deception and how useful it is later. But yeah, using it OoS is ****.

But guys, something to play with:
pivot, and when nana is in that dash animation behind you, roll backwards towards her. The timing for the roll would be the same as if you were shield dropping from a pivot to desync. But anyways, hold your roll button during your roll.
What you get is popo rolling back behind nana with her sliding towards him in shield.
It's really handy in terms of retreating safely.
After popo rolls back, you can desync with it, like have nana do a blizzard, so you'd be having a back rolling popo with a forward facing nana blizzard that's sliding back slightly towards her neutral spot next to popo. It's mainly for retreating safely but definitely useful. It's like a pivot>roll desync lol.

Some tricks you can do: you can get nana on the edge with it by back rolling towards the edge (after the pivot.providing you're close to the edge)> nana ib (during or right when popo's roll animation is ending). She doesn't do the ib but instead auto snaps the ledge. Another thing when you do this by the edge, instead of the ib after popo's backroll, input nana blizzarding backwards (the way you just rolled) and you'll have her right next to the ledge "hovering/floating" blizzarding outwards. Idk if you guys can see this the way I'm explaining it but I can have a video up later today.

but yeah, stuff.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Do all of the hits from up tilt count as 1 move on the decay list or does it count for multiple hits on the decay list?
Also does squall work the same way?
Thanks

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
All hits of utilt together count as a single move on the stale list.

I actually had a post in this thread some time ago examining, uhhh... knockback, I think it was. But in that post there were some side notes on how staling works, if you care to find it.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
whenver i try to Dash dance i end up never turning around. if i try to hold it down for a fracion of a second longer then i dont turn fast enough back and forth.

Top Bottom